• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

vato_break

Smash Master
<-only mario at genesis

lol that means i have to **** for everyone here so like its best to give me all the advice you can,we can't let mario drop! ^_^ i will try my best guys :D

jounint

Smash Rookie
What's weird is that I'm a guy who lives in Texas, and half an hour away from the Mexico border, yet my sister who plays Maple Story, is really, really good friend with Famous, and when she told me that this guy played Brawl, I thought he was some noob, and when I heard his main was Mario, I thought, "Pfft, I bet he's a noob!" As a fellow Mario main, I was blown away when I saw a match he had on his youtube channel. What's also cool/weird is that I had barely been lurking on the smashboards, and then I find out he's a Mario main who has been greatly acknowledged on this board. Pretty awesome.

Famous, if you're reading this, I'm Jessica's brother, and she said she'd get you to train my Mario! Haha, check out my youtube channel, it's youtube.com/elitefrager I think I have some matches up, but not sure as I deleted a whole bunch.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I have no clue when Starcraft 2 is coming out, I haven't looked at in a long time xD.

Lol, why'd you get banned from Livestream chat last time?

Eh, I'm not really into UFC, or watching Sports in general =P.
I talk...alot on livestream. So much to comment on, lol.

UFC is pretty amazing. Like...seriously pretty amazing.

<-only mario at genesis

lol that means i have to **** for everyone here so like its best to give me all the advice you can,we can't let mario drop! ^_^ i will try my best guys :D
I'll be at that livestream cheering you on, no doubt. Best of luck to you dude.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty

I will get started on Do the Mario 3 soon. There are the confirmed people in DTM3.

ThatGuy and Kirin have a lot of footage im thinking about adding you 2 in DTM3 as well if you want along with Tc1 if he shapes up.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I guess it sounds like a task to look through replays of a Mario player who hasn't shown any previous videos of himself, but is it alright if I try to get something in? If you don't like the replays, just don't put them in, but I think I have some very good footage.

Veggi

Smash Champion
How'd you know what all my videos were going to be? : (

Really though, spamming fsmash works against Luigi and Sonic if you have a fireball in front of you. Either way, I don't fsmash as much as I used to. It's all up smash now.

Edit: Good stuff, Kirin. Most of the time I pull off something impressive it's on Ivysaur, Ike or Link because they can't get you off as easy and have a hard time getting back to the stage. XD

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

I will get started on Do the Mario 3 soon. There are the confirmed people in DTM3.

ThatGuy and Kirin have a lot of footage im thinking about adding you 2 in DTM3 as well if you want along with Tc1 if he shapes up.
lol, you made me look so epic XD

I need to get some vids :grrr:

Edit: If you're saving my spot, I'll gladly give it up so others can get the spotlight. I wish Marios like Monk and all the WC Marios were as recognized as they should be.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Edit: Good stuff, Kirin. Most of the time I pull off something impressive it's on Ivysaur, Ike or Link because they can't get you off as easy and have a hard time getting back to the stage. XD
Yeah. Funny you say that because I have another 0-Death on a friends Ike I wanna use if I'm chosen to be in this. xD

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
lol, you made me look so epic XD

I need to get some vids :grrr:

Edit: If you're saving my spot, I'll gladly give it up so others can get the spotlight. I wish Marios like Monk and all the WC Marios were as recognized as they should be.
:( If you you give up your spot that might be given to Tc1. I'm really looking for ranked marios in DTM3. Kirin and ThatGuy place well in their regions so I'm adding them as well. But thats probably all I'm adding, I don't want too many people.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I might have a single awesome replay worthy of being in here if my friend has it on his Wii (A team match where I gimped a Falco player in the first 3 seconds of the match. As in he was falling offstage when the announcer said GO!).

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
LOL kirinblaze gonna add to white rep nauise! *noracism*

that pic does look badass though. is everyone suppose to look like that irl? Famous looks like a mother****ing badass, it looks like hes holding a ****ing D3 hammar rofl.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh, I understand if you wanted to keep it to Mario mains exclusively, but I have some really hot footage of my Mario, so if you're interested for "Do the Mario" PM me your Brawl and Wii code, and I'll send some over.

In other news, I don't remember if I announced this already, but after Genesis, I'm going straight Mario the next two tourneys. He is officially tourney viable. I bested my competent crew mates D3 2-0 in a set and did not get grabbed once. Futhermore, Mario ***** D3 on Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar.

I'm also decent at the vs MK match-up.

And I know this was several pages back, but I think Mario does better against DK than Marth. DK's all about zoning, and getting in with Marth is a *****. Mario does it easier, combos just as well, and at least his K.O. issue is covered by cape and FLUDD. Furthermore, he has fireballs to bait.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
And I know this was several pages back, but I think Mario does better against DK than Marth. DK's all about zoning, and getting in with Marth is a *****. Mario does it easier, combos just as well, and at least his K.O. issue is covered by cape and FLUDD. Furthermore, he has fireballs to bait.
Mario does reaaaaaaaaaaaally well against DK. I play a fantastic DK player all the time here at Smashfests (Will, you may have met him at APEX.) and in tournaments and I've gotten so good at the match-up that in our last tournament set, which I won 2-1, he had tons of trouble even grabbing me let alone keeping me out with Bairs and such. Fireballs are good great for baiting but cape jumping to bait his grabs just sets DK up to get ***** with combos. Mario/DK has gone from one of my personal worst match-ups to probably my best one.

I also never found Meta Knight to be that much of a bother, yes it's not easy but it's definitely winnable, in my opinion at least.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Man, I absolutely love Mario vs DK. One of my favorite matchups in the game. I'm not even entirely sure why, it just is.

Famous

Smash Champion

*Saves Pic* Omg...You have no idea how much I like this pic...

Nice job

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, because he's moderately easy to combo and you have the option of approaching or camping to win...

His grabs aren't that dangerous and his cargo stage spike can be avoided by holding up when he walks off the ledge...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Uh, I understand if you wanted to keep it to Mario mains exclusively, but I have some really hot footage of my Mario, so if you're interested for "Do the Mario" PM me your Brawl and Wii code, and I'll send some over.

In other news, I don't remember if I announced this already, but after Genesis, I'm going straight Mario the next two tourneys. He is officially tourney viable. I bested my competent crew mates D3 2-0 in a set and did not get grabbed once. Futhermore, Mario ***** D3 on Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar.

I'm also decent at the vs MK match-up.

O_O

I say put Pierce in if it's up for a vote. As long as Marios who've been waiting don't get the shaft, I'm sure his Mario's worthy.

This is me saying I want to see your Mario. Trade notes n ****.

Edit: Matt, AIM me. I'll see if I can show you the pic through there.

Top Bottom