• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Pierce7d, I know a few people that don't MAIN Mario, but use Mario to cp against Snake o.O

Personally I don't like fighting Snakes, but the basic strategy that I know of to beat Snake is to out spam him with fireball, then kill him with a smash ><

Mario's air game > Snake's air game..

And Snake is stupid easy to edge guard, he's like the only character I edge guard with a spike. If you cape him, he can still C4 recover, BUT if you fludd him during his C4 explosion, he won't go up any more. Fludd spike ftw xD

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Pierce7d, I know a few people that don't MAIN Mario, but use Mario to cp against Snake o.O

Personally I don't like fighting Snakes, but the basic strategy that I know of to beat Snake is to out spam him with fireball, then kill him with a smash ><

And Snake is stupid easy to edge guard, he's like the only character I edge guard with a spike. If you cape him, he can still C4 recover, BUT if you fludd him during his C4 explosion, he won't go up any more. Fludd spike ftw xD
I've never actually played this match-up, I just don't see it being as workable as other match-ups until you get Snake off-stage, but of course, that's all theory fighter Brawl in my head.

Alright, I'll work on this.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

I use Ganon to counter-pick Diddy. It can't be any worse.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
There is one thing my Mario needs help with actually. How the hell do you fight Snake?
You'll have to be really good in your juggle traps like a marth would. Mario has the tools with campers like Snake. Though snake's stage control is annoying >_>. Fludd will push off any nades some sorts. You really need to get the first hit get a clean 40%~ on him. Basically it's a campfest ._. Though at least you won't have to worry about killing THAT early compared to Marth lol. And Mario's fsmash range pretty much outranges everything hes got. :laugh:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
LOL!

Then again, I CP Ike with Ganon, so meh...

I take it you've got the banana choke techs down?
Yep. Ganon with Bananas is amazing, I found that out playing friendlies with one of my friends from school a while back (my school has a pretty nice competitive population), and I loved the match-up ever since. Even though it was probably his lack of match-up knowledge that won me every game, he beat my Marth pretty badly though.

My Ganon boards bio even mentions that I love that match-up. Sure it's bad, but it's fun, so who cares?

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
There is one thing my Mario needs help with actually. How the hell do you fight Snake?
Oddly enough Fireballs give Snake a handful of trouble. Camp him hard. He's also reaaaaaally easy to combo.

Utilt 3x > Dair > Jump > Uair > Uair/Nair from low %'s really hurt him.

Utilt 3x > Dsmash is good for damage.

Snake is actually kinda fun to play. I'll see if I can get some kind of video this weekend at this tournament I'm going to and show you for visual reference or something.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The only thing Snake really has against Mario that tilts the match-up in his favor is his tilts, which are hard to bypass. Otherwise, I would treat this like the Bowser match-up.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I got the shaft when videos of me didn't exist.
Is Bo supposed to put your name and no vids into DTM?

You also gotta have GOOD vids vs GOOD players. Not opponents with no DI or basic instinct to not get hit.

My main problem with him is his overall range and nades to break combos. One great thing here though is that Fludd can really screw up Snake's grenade camping game. If you think he'll throw it or the timer's nearly up on their detonation, shoot your Fludd and negate the toss so it'll stay right next to him. It's pretty incredible.

I personally use cape to space when I'm close to him, mainly because it'll beat his jab, Ftilt and Utilt and allow you to safely punish. I never save my Usmash for KOs in this matchup either because of the priority it has; it's a great weapon against Snake's attacks that generally will beat you. It's also a pretty good tool for combos, especially since, IIRC, none of Snake's aerials will outright beat it.

Fsmash is also amazing because of the range and disjoint. Watch Boss' Mario vs Ally to get an idea of how you can use it here.

I use Ganon to counter-pick Diddy. It can't be any worse.
Mario brothers > DK and Diddy.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is Bo supposed to put your name and no vids into DTM?

You also gotta have GOOD vids vs GOOD players. Not opponents with no DI or basic instinct to not get hit.
Not sure how his videos are, but he has a good Mario and has played good players.

Hey Xero, was that Draft crew the night before MWC Champs recorded? You did a pretty good job in that.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Man. Mario is just so ****ing great of a plumber. People just can't ****ing **** with him omfg. Even to the fact he gives Snake's camping game a hard ****ing time. Jesus, that's why hes a ****ing balanced situational plumber! omggg

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Man. Mario is just so ****ing great of a plumber. People just can't ****ing **** with him omfg. Even to the fact he gives Snake's camping game a hard ****ing time. Jesus, that's why hes a ****ing balanced situational plumber! omggg
"Then I reach for the aloe and lanolin
Bust all over the wall pannelling, dismantelling
Every candle on top of the fireplace mantle and..."

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Man, this is the reason I suck against Snake.

I don't camp much. I'm almost always trying to approach, which is stupid. XD

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Quick, somebody needs to hire Charles Martinet to voice Mario singing Bohemian Rhapsody! I'd pay for that.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't think any real human being has Mario's nose.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Huh, since when was I a midwest ma- Oh **** you're right.

Ben Franklin's the devil... WATERBOY OWUT?

Yo mama's the devil.

EDIT: Also, MW has taken M2K, take that EC.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh wow, gg, you got it right. I invented electricity.

I'm so impressed. It's M2K.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nah, people already know Judge. Midwest has 2 or 3.

Florida's one big MK/Snakefest. Used to be all Dedede, too.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
M2K came to Washington Tournament and he got 3rd >_>

Top Bottom