• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I picked up Marth for that fool Kirby, fromundaman. D:<
He's mad annoying.
We have Kirbys in NY? **** I didn't know that rofl. i hate dk more lol.

btw dude, we NEED TO WRECK LOW TIER SINGLES AND DUBZ DAMIT. Mario/Link will just have to **** every mother****er out there.

and truth be told, i 2 stocked a dk with mario on first match, but i kinda got gay'd and forgot the cp procedure and also doubted my mario so i picked marth and ended up losing the set by last stock 115% vs 119% cuz of a dumb gimp.

tl;dr don't doubt mario, keep going to the end. I just learnt that -_-

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Kirby isn't too bad for Mario. Just Bair *****

I agree with hippiedude's tl;dr. Today I ***** EE's Marth (<3) with Mario. It was epic. But then I lost in a Mario ditto wtf o_O?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You kidding me?

Kirby isn't that annoying.
Meh, it's pretty even, although he said he faces Kirbies with Link, and that's definitely not even.

Not that it matters, because Marth is insta-**** for Kirby anyhow.

I say Luigi's got a slight advantage due to the priority of his aerials if he knows the matchup.
That being said, few of them seem to, and they get *****.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Luigi is MOAR even than Kirby. I mean it.

I mean Luigi doesn't have nearly as much range as Kirby in exchange for a slightly more spammable projectile (your's is still more spammable).

And honestly...the priority on his aerials doesn't make a huge difference. You're gonna beat or trade with his stuff if you space B-airs/U-airs like a pro. And U-tilt beats it easily.

And seriously...you don't understand how amazing F-smash is against Luigi. This is the one attack that can always mess with his mind. And what's even more amazing is that it's totally safe on block in this matchup. Charging F-smash is really good against him. Depending on how well you space it, you can really catch him off guard when he's doing aerial spacing tricks by just waiting a split second for him to descend in your range.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
You kidding me?

Kirby isn't that annoying.
I have waaaaay more experience playing against Kirby as Link and Marth. I've never really played any Kirby's as Mario other then on WiFi.

@Hippie - I TOLD YOU SON LET ME TEACH YOU THE DK MATCH-UP. It's probably one of my best after playing Will for so long. I FINALLY beat him in a tournament set pretty convincingly. <3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's true. But in general, it's not really a bad matchup. After all, Mario is one of the few who I am genuinely scared of being gimped by, since I essentially can't use my UpB no matter what, and my jumps don't have much vertical height.

Mix that with how easily Usmash kills us, giving you a second kill move, and that Mario comboes Kirby as easily as he comboes Mario, and you have a pertty even matchup.
Mario has a projectile but Kirby doesn't, and if we do get it, you always have cape/FLUDD to get through. Caping our aerials can also stop us from ACing them since it sometimes sends us up higher, allowing for punishment.

It's a cool matchup IMO.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Balanced Brawl is kickass and I hate my unhacked Wii for not letting me use this masterpiece. *Throws Wii against the wall*

Matt07

Smash Master
Agreed. To buff up Link up B would just be amazing. Give him his bomb jump too.

Forget Toon Link though, he doesn't need any buffs.

Lol, I sound like a hipocrite but I'm not really for hacking Brawl, I think it should be played the way it 'was meant too' (lol, lame excuse but that's my reasoning.) I mean if people enjoy 'hacking' Brawl to make it 'better' for themselves and others then hey, go for it. I watch some Brawl+ matches sometimes, I won't lie. But myself, I'm against all hacking :p.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Link's game changer should have been a RECOVERY BUFF.
I think they didn't change Link's recovery because that's always been a major problem for Link in the Smash series.

Plus, I think the buffs that they gave Link kinda made him a better version of Regular Brawl's Ike. Poor Recovery, but an incredibly formidable ground game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think they didn't change Link's recovery because that's always been a major problem for Link in the Smash series.

Plus, I think the buffs that they gave Link kinda made him a better version of Regular Brawl's Ike. Poor Recovery, but an incredibly formidable ground game.
And arrows, OMG his new arrows are amazing!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, to me, this is just a better form of hacking, but the core reasoning stays the same:

It's fun to play, but so is Brawl. I won't drop one for the other, nor do they intend on us doing so, and I'll play BBrawl for the fun of it (because it DOES look like a lot of fun), but considering it probably won't be competitive standard, I will keep practicing Vbrawl more.

Also, Mario's buffs seem amazing. To the point of overpowerment in fact. I mean, I have yet to try it, but increased Dsmash/Usmash knockback seems like utter ****, as well as increased fireball damage.
Dsmash already sets up for gimps, and Usmash is already a decent kill move, despite being overshadowed by Fsmash. Now they're even more reliable.
Keep in mind I have yet to play it though, so I could be completely wrong.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hmmmm...

Y'know...I like the idea of BBrawl. I mean, this is exactly what I was expecting of Nintendo...a new game with balanced characters.

Still, I'ma off trying to prove Mario is better on the regular tier list. And also, I'll just wait til this becomes a tournament standard. =P

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
And arrows, OMG his new arrows are amazing!
Meh. I was pretty good with his old arrows. The Link Boards consider my arrow game one of the best and it's what sets me apart from others like Deva's incredible spacing, Legan's Pivot Boosts, and Arkive's DI, I have arrows. xD

But the fact I may get more KO's with arrows does seem kinda cool.

Matt07

Smash Master
Heh, I'm really looking forward to buying Starcraft 2.

Also...Genesis is 1 week and 2 days away! If I have free time next weekend I'll definately be watching live stream all weekend.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
.....when's Starcraft 2 coming out??

<---will be in the livestream chat. Hopefully I won't get banned this time, lol

Matt07

Smash Master
I have no clue when Starcraft 2 is coming out, I haven't looked at in a long time xD.

Lol, why'd you get banned from Livestream chat last time?

Eh, I'm not really into UFC, or watching Sports in general =P.

Top Bottom