• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Calebyte

Smash Lord
No shame in losing to a Yoshi. Who was it?

I don't mind when I lose an MU Mario wins (all 5 of them, lol) because that just means my opponent fought well and outplayed me. I have the same attitude with any MU, actually. If I get beat I don't john about the MU, I just recognize that I was outplayed and view it as a opportunity to learn and improve.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
When is it?
This Saturday. I also realized since I haven't had a wii I also don't have a controller :(

No shame in losing to a Yoshi. Who was it?

I don't mind when I lose an MU Mario wins (all 5 of them, lol) because that just means my opponent fought well and outplayed me. I have the same attitude with any MU, actually. If I get beat I don't john about the MU, I just recognize that I was outplayed and view it as a opportunity to learn and improve.
He lost to Deltacod. Kadaj got timed out game 3.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, iono if anyone has had this happen when Reverse caping on/off platforms, but have you guys reversed cape while looking at the opposite direction? I was on Delfino playing against Zex and as I was doing it between the transitions of the beach and star-tower thingy(dont know names i didnt play sunshine >.<) at the top platform and it happened... is that like a combination of B-reversal and B-sticking? i was not high when this happened and we all saw it o__o

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Hey guys, iono if anyone has had this happen when Reverse caping on/off platforms, but have you guys reversed cape while looking at the opposite direction? I was on Delfino playing against Zex and as I was doing it between the transitions of the beach and star-tower thingy(dont know names i didnt play sunshine >.<) at the top platform and it happened... is that like a combination of B-reversal and B-sticking? i was not high when this happened and we all saw it o__o
Vids or it didn't happen. :p

Seriously though, what are you trying to describe? A b-reversal but only the cape reversed? I'm confused... :confused:

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Oh neat. Probably just a fluke, one of those weird 1-frame reversal things. Haha, look at me talking like I know something about frames.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yes. The window of opportunity is tight, but possible. I did this a lot in practice mode, but never in reality. It's basically like B-reversing a fireball.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think Calebyte is on the right track, but I will need someone else's wii to test it. What Jux found I believe is a true 1 frame window to exploit. Or for that matter it's just really ****ing impractical to pull off without setting C stick to specials.

The input I imagine:

Dash (ideally to the Sliding Up-smash window)-> Input Cape towards the stage (immediately) -> Smash control stick away from the stage.

If I'm not wrong, this actually isn't hard to pull off if C stick is set to specials. All you need to do is run towards the edge, and hit the C stick towards center stage at the desired moment (while still holding the control stick towards the edge). But to pull this off with normal controls without losing momentum...My head hurts.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Just wondering, how many people DO set their C-Stick to specials?

vato_break

Smash Master
Once i get ranked in my region(if i ever do) i'm going to use mario way more in tournament, been thinking alot about mario's options and realize what i was doing wrong vs. metaknight before.

Top Bottom