• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What happens if you FLUDD Snake while he is planing a mine?
He'll plant it while sliding unless it pushing him off the stage and then it just cancels the actions. God, wouldn't it be great if he went into free fall like when you FLUDD Link/Toon Link's spin attack or Zelda's Din's Fire off the stage? That's my main problem with Snake, getting the KO in... A vast majority of my matches with Snake are nail biters where probably 3/5 of the time I lose because I can't get the last kill in. Why... Why? Why does his recovery have to be so high? *cries himself to sleep*

Matt07

Smash Master
I had to read through like 3 pages, lol.

I've been studying for exams like crazy hence my...inactivity for a bit. I just got one more exam though so =P.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I wreck Snake's entire ability to lose games. He just can't lose against me.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
What happens if you FLUDD Snake while he is planing a mine?
Well it depends. If you do it during the action where the plants the mine in the air, then you will push him and/or the mine. If he failed getting to the ledge with his recovery, he can use the C4 to give him a boost up. During that time if you make him explode upwards into the water, he will be unable to go above it and will fall for a bit. That can either kill them or have them try again which you can repeat or spike. I've actually killed some Snakes using the cape because they didnt know it got refreshed.

whats the best combos to do against a snake player???
I think its called the famous combo. From 0% you can grab, dthrow, pivot grab, dthrow, pivot grab then finish it with whatever. Also, compared to our aerial game, Snake's isn't very good. Get him in the air and you can combo him there. Even if he pulls out the grenade, he will take more damage than you will assuming you hit him. The only thing extremely hard about him is that he is so freaking heavy and takes a long time to kill. He doesn't destroy Mario at all even with his broken tilts.

Famous

Smash Champion
They sometimes spotdodge after grab release so you might have to throw out two Fairs...lol, it looks so funny

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I think its called the famous combo. From 0% you can grab, dthrow, pivot grab, dthrow, pivot grab then finish it with whatever. Also, compared to our aerial game, Snake's isn't very good. Get him in the air and you can combo him there. Even if he pulls out the grenade, he will take more damage than you will assuming you hit him. The only thing extremely hard about him is that he is so freaking heavy and takes a long time to kill. He doesn't destroy Mario at all even with his broken tilts.
yeah it works !!! thanx now all i have to do is train to play against MKs which has not been going so well. I just cant seem to be able to kill them.....its starting to suck

Matt07

Smash Master
Usually I try to keep dsmash unstale (because it's easy to hit MK with, and easy to KO him with because he's light) but it's so hard to keep it unstale, because it punishes a lot of MK's moves. Also what Frank said is true, if there gliding towards you just FLUDD it. Free usmash.

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
I rarely Ko with D-smash... mostly my racker, I usually Ko with F-amsh, a gimp, a spike, a combo, a boss, a up smash, a back air, a sex kick, a up air. ( okay, that's enough)....

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I usually have no trouble unstaling my KO moves on most characters, but I have to say, Mario Dsmash is one I just can't seem to keep unstale. It's just too useful! However, UpB and Dsmash are interchangeable a lot of times (as a punishing option), so maybe you could keep it fresh by using more UpB?

Actually, UpB needs to get abused more in general...

Also, question: If MK does a grounded SL and you do a grounded SJP, which one wins?

Veggi

Smash Champion
Mario's would win because it is faster. If they have invincibility frames clash, I'd imagine they would just go through eachother. After that Mario's up b would win because it's a multihit move and MK has horrible priority after his invincibility as far as I can tell.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Almost definitely Mario. MK's shuttle loop has invincibility on frame 5, whereas Mario's has invincibility frames 3-6. He also has a hitbox far earlier (MK's is frame 5, Mario's is 3). Unless Mario's real late to the party he should win this.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well it depends. If you do it during the action where the plants the mine in the air, then you will push him and/or the mine. If he failed getting to the ledge with his recovery, he can use the C4 to give him a boost up. During that time if you make him explode upwards into the water, he will be unable to go above it and will fall for a bit. That can either kill them or have them try again which you can repeat or spike. I've actually killed some Snakes using the cape because they didnt know it got refreshed.

Also, in this matchup, I've noticed that fthrow becomes more useful than dthrow after about 30%. This is because, due to Snake's weight and lack of quick aerials, it gives you more of a chance to retaliate than if you do dthrow where you could be countered by his bair or even dair. It's also a good way to prepare you for edgeguarding or fireball camping.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'd like to make a formal annoucement that, even though it's known but Mario and Luigi are made to be rapist in doubles. If Mario gets gimped, luigi can do a falling nair and pop up Mario in the air for a savior and still recover safely. Same with tornado. But I'm so scrub I can't do grab release to shoryuken or cape **** yet ugh lol.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Almost definitely Mario. MK's shuttle loop has invincibility on frame 5, whereas Mario's has invincibility frames 3-6. He also has a hitbox far earlier (MK's is frame 5, Mario's is 3). Unless Mario's real late to the party he should win this.
MK's invincibility is only on frame 5?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yeah, and there isn't any other fish in there either! She's gettin' it on with the snails!!!
Saw you on the livestream.

That was entertaining watching ROB get jab locked twice. :laugh:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, I'd like to think that Dolphin Slash is better in that regard. Though Shuttle Loop will always be better for recovery/killing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'd like to think that Dolphin Slash is better in that regard. Though Shuttle Loop will always be better for recovery/killing.
That's true, but dolphin slash probably edges it out for overall usefulness, and is definitely one of the best OOS options in the game (top 3), much better in that regard then SL.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Can't say that I don't agree with that. Fortress is the best, I really don't see how any other OoS move could beat that. Marth for 2nd, and anything Yoshi can do OoS for 3rd.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Can't say that I don't agree with that. Fortress is the best, I really don't see how any other OoS move could beat that. Marth for 2nd, and anything Yoshi can do OoS for 3rd.
False, Fortress is not the best out of shield option in the game.

The reason is simple, because it can be outspaced fairly easily.

It's more like Metaknight's Up-B, then Snake's Jab, then Marth's Up-B.

As for the infinite jump thing...srsly this is why I use Ganondorf. He makes learning basic things in Brawl easy. Ganondorf has an infinite jump glitch called the Flight of Ganon or the Ganon SUPER Jump, where he does jump + aerial wizkick within one frame of landing on the ground.

So anyhow, there is a glitch in Brawl where if you manage to end ANYTHING (like an aerial attack, and air dodge, or maybe some special attacks) one frame before you land on the ground, you get your midair jump back.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A2... the fact that you said fortress was wrong and not Yoshi being third makes me think that you didn't get the joke post...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No Marios? Wut?

Xero, Bo, and there's at least 2 others I'm forgetting.

Top Bottom