• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
KarenBalze. Awwww yeahhhh.

Really? I didn't see any Marios @ the midwest circuitthingy because the live stream went down every 7 minutes.

Famous

Smash Champion
Didn't see no Mario's on livestream...Just scrubby Marth's and MK...Lol, don't take offense every character is scrubby to me except for the plumbers...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Famous is too dedicated. I love it.

Don't ever quit Mario, man.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
How is Marth's up b better than Mario's? I'm not denying it, I just want to know.
Marth's up-b, invincibility 1-4, hitbox on 5.

Mario up-b, invincible frames 3-6, hitbox on 6.

Combine that with a great hitbox (high priority, 100% disjointed, good range) and you've got a move that can punish pretty much anything that doesn't leave marth in hitstun 100% of the time (that includes some chaingrabs and "combos"). Unfortunately, it's very unsafe, so it's risky, but it's amazing..

As a fringe benefit it can also kill.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
A2... the fact that you said fortress was wrong and not Yoshi being third makes me think that you didn't get the joke post...
Well excuse me, I'm a nub, and I'm always srs about mah business. =(

Also Mario's Up-B hits on frame 3. Making it the fastest out of shield attack in the game. You must be thinking of Luigi's Up-B or something...because that one hits on frame 6.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well excuse me, I'm a nub, and I'm always srs about mah business. =(

Also Mario's Up-B hits on frame 3. Making it the fastest out of shield attack in the game. You must be thinking of Luigi's Up-B or something...because that one hits on frame 6.
I could swear I saw frame data which placed it at frame 6.

Anyway, the important thing is the invincibility frames, 3-6 is useful, but not as useful as Dolphin Slash's because it creates no cover for the hitbox.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Just because I wasn't on the stream doesn't mean I wasn't there -_-'

EDIT: If only you guys would've watched Draft Crews at Nope's house the day before... I did alright, not my best, but alright. I still ***** though (won best combos award.)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Just because I wasn't on the stream doesn't mean I wasn't there -_-'

EDIT: If only you guys would've watched Draft Crews at Nope's house the day before... I did alright, not my best, but alright. I still ***** though (won best combos award.)
lol xD Midwest Marios <3 Did you at least go to midwest championship circuit thinggy? At least I wanted to see a Mario on livestream and like **** a Meta-knight ._.

Oh happy father's day Papa Mario's.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I was at the place where the livestream was going on. I just got knocked out of pools again (it was a pretty tough pool for Mario) but if I would've won one more set I woulda made it out.

I would've tried to get a MM or something on there, but I couldn't.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's alright Bo. D: No big deal.

Although your avatar still looks like an ant.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I got last at C3 =x

No jones for me, I just need to get better, lol. I sure as hell hope I'm not the best Mario O_O

Matt07

Smash Master
Good try Matador, you'll do better. Bo, sucks you couldn't make it too :(.

Also...we're Mario mains. We love Peach and only Peach :mad:.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Sry guys I couldn't make it to the Midwest circuit. getting a ride to Ohio is difficult. :(
You should've called a ride with Norm, but I think he was full with all kinds of WI people O_o

I still wanna play you though, because I got good (I think...)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Good try Matador, you'll do better. Bo, sucks you couldn't make it too :(.

Also...we're Mario mains. We love Peach and only Peach :mad:.
If she'd put out more, then I'd be more inclined to believe that.

Famous

Smash Champion
ew no just no. What's with that maplestory business? It's bad enough to play that game.. and then make a avy off it.. don't do it famous.. DON'T FALL FOR THE DARK SIDE!!! just like Jash, he was 6 hours away from MS and he wanted to play it already lol. <3
Lmao, such a fast reply...I just put the avy on 30 seconds ago...

Don't worry, brawl is still my main game...Just don't get to play it as often now...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
First time I did crew battles, but more importantly, first time ever in a low tier tourney.

Ok, so I don't want to say anything about how well I did... <_<

But WOW, Mario raaaaaaaapes in low tiers. I'm really cut out for this. I think with a little practice, I'll be placing in the top of low tier tournaments very soon!

My Mario has both gotten a lot better and worse. I have amazing control over him and my mindgames are getting really good. However I'm getting greedy and aggressive. So yeah...I gotta stop doing some dumb aggressive things.

bobson

Smash Lord
Get that Maple Story **** out of your avatar before you end up associated with it in my mind.

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
Maple Story is freaken boring, all you do is kill snails and mushrooms... and One Piece is the best anime.

I was wondering.. I havn't seen any new Mario combo videos, in a long time....

Matt07

Smash Master
I was thinking of making one. Depending on if I got the Dazzle or not. I have like over 100 replays through my course of playing. Also depending on how lazy I am too watch/record them, and edit them :laugh:.

Top Bottom