• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
iight. me and kirinblaze have tourney today. THIS TIME IT WILL BE DIFFERENT!! I got 13/30 in singles last time with no johns(lol)/confidence/focus level back. Hopefully this time i'll do better and make it top 8

KIRIN! ARE YOU READY FOR THE ****ING TOURNEY? WE'RE ABOUT TO WAX ALL THEM ******'S ***** NOW SON!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
BUS or whatever you called it is at about a little before 2:00 on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDn2uFzS6KM

if that's not it then I dunno
<----Watched the entire vid for the hell of it.

iight. me and kirinblaze have tourney today. THIS TIME IT WILL BE DIFFERENT!! I got 13/30 in singles last time with no johns(lol)/confidence/focus level back. Hopefully this time i'll do better and make it top 8

KIRIN! ARE YOU READY FOR THE ****ING TOURNEY? WE'RE ABOUT TO WAX ALL THEM ******'S ***** NOW SON!
YAHHHH GEt HYpeD!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
One of the best experiences in life is watching Hippie prep for a tournament like that.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
just curious.

i didn't know boss dropped mario (till i read the thread) and i'm not sure if you all have discussed this or not..but who's the official or unofficial best mario now?

and i'm not trying to start any beef/conflicts or arguments, i just wanna know if it's been spoken on.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
just curious.

i didn't know boss dropped mario (till i read the thread) and i'm not sure if you all have discussed this or not..but who's the official or unofficial best mario now?

and i'm not trying to start any beef/conflicts or arguments, i just wanna know if it's been spoken on.
Well Boss is still the best imo because he didn't really drop Mario from what I've heard. If you aren't counting him, I say Famous is the best. He is close to Boss' level. He just has to get some money so he can represent Mario more.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
GO HIPPY!

Xero, we're both reppin' Mario at next week's tourny (obviously you moreso than I, but still!)!

*insert Hippie's motivational speech here, because mine would suck and most likely be a copied and pasted version of the speech Penguin gives his Penguin army in an old Batman movie.*

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
I thought WWJasonD was Boss... I remember seeing a video Korn Vs. Boss, Boss's name was labeled as "Jason", and in the description it said " Boss Vs. Korn".I'm confused.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Boss uses other people's tags sometimes. Usually it'll be because you can't find your name in the list and you just need someone with your controller settings...but sometimes for ****s and giggles.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
And if your name doesn't fit, you either shorten it, or use M2K instead.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Matador = MDor?

@Kalm - Probably ThatGuy. He has the most placings.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You know...

I'm changing my tag to 'MDor' now. Or maybe '8th'.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You know...

I'm changing my tag to 'MDor' now. Or maybe '8th'.
lol, go for it. I've always considered it, but it just didn't click for me.

~M~ represents Matador and Mario at the same time; it could mean either one

Edit @ Ray: I know there's Matt07 and FrankPizzi..., hold on a sec I'll check the index

Edit @ Ray v2.0: Nope, just ThatGuy, Matt07 and Frank. They're all pretty good from what I can tell.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Matt07 and Frank, of course.

Edit @ Matador: You can post again, ya knowwww.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
He never did talk about my plan to destroy the entire Michigan crew, making him the best player in the Midwest. :(

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not many people play Mario...

I think there's about 11 of us. In North America.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Not many people play Mario...

I think there's about 11 of us. In North America.
Yeah. Barely anyone plays Mario competitively where I live (Ontario), and the offline scene here is pretty big. I just find it weird to not have Marios around.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah. Barely anyone plays Mario competitively where I live (Ontario), and the offline scene here is pretty big. I just find it weird to not have Marios around.
Yeah, Mario, like all low tiers, is much harder to win with. People are usually drawn to much better characters. It's too bad, though.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yo Hippie how did it go?

Kalm, I'll be hitting the Canadian tournament scene this upcoming Fall. But I mean I'm going to be living in Ottawa and depending on money issues (I have college fees to worry about) I may try to go to some in Toronto and stuff, but for now, just Ottawa bi-weeklies.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
how did it go? well kirin got ****ed by input tv lag in doubles he could have won against a ****ing mk, me in the other hand got ****ed by a stupid lucario because i felt as if i got no edge options at all

brb crying agian

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Can't you refuse to play on HD TVs in tourny?

I know I sure as hell wouldn't play on that for a serious match...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
You can but like, if it's to the point where u can't wait for others to finish their match and for the sake to finish tourney quickly, then really have no choice. I was with Mintyflesh, fighting knightmare and Problem, they said to gtfo that t.v and we moved to another t.v because we wanted a serious match. but w.e if it's me, i'd just wait for a open tv

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I've been JV 4 stocked before due to TV input lag (To be fair, it was against Ike, and it was the first time I'd seen Ike water camp on Pirate Ship, but STILL!), so now I steer clear of that.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
I didn't know you were NorCal. You still real active/ play Mario?
I don't play brawl competatively haha. Best I did was 32nd at a 144 man tourney and the tio was lost =(. I was never good. I just had fun making a combo video with some good players in my area...then....iono that was about it haha.

Matt07

Smash Master
Pfft, Jason you liar. Your Mario was uber good. I considered you even with Boss, or close behind him at one point. But then I didn't see any new vids of you so I thought you quit :(.

Oh dang, poor TC :(, maybe he had a bad day.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh god, Matt.

I saw your avatar for a second and thought "OH LAWDEH WHO SUMMONED HIM!?" and then I saw your name and I chuckled.

Matt07

Smash Master
Haha, pff that reminds me I'm gonna go change my avy again. Only (not going to say his name) can use this avy, duh. How could I forget. I need to look for a good avatar I change them waaay to much.

So anyone glad hockey is over? Or do you guys like hockey?

Top Bottom