• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Famous

Smash Champion
New AT's

Flash Step
RFT (Retreating F-Tilt)
BUS (Boosted Up Smash)

Flash Step= Secret to my cape antics as well as BUS...

I'll make a video soon...

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
But Papa SupaTony, I do only/mostly Wifi and taking my wifi warrior status to tourneys and beat nugguhs in MMs and do decent (lolnoNotreally) tourney results :embarrass

Lol, I'm glad you notice I'm tourney ***ging my way up. Don't worry, I'll climb up the ranks. I'm actually fixing my aggressive mistakes, I just need to control it at the right level and I'm fine. Majority of the time, it's mostly cause I'm choking/nervous johns even if it's friendlies. My last tourney 13/30 wasn't that horrid, though my goal is to aim for top 8.

Vato says he's at just about your level or so. But I didn't know he was aggro like me lol. I usually pick up on patterns pretty quickly.. my only problem is how to get past that " brickwall". But lol, how do you know Vato's not at my reading level or just spit out random shiz? :3. But I highly appreciate, you and the other Marios of the board taking a note on me.

KirinBlaze is pretty much Matador level in my book. He lives in the small parts but he still places up there and has a beast Mario. He just didn't get to beast in our last tourney but he's great lol. Personally I believe Vato has better exp that's just me tho.

Also props to Famous, he's beastly.
Same here.. I get really pissed off easily, I think I,d give M2K a beating if he 3 stocked me or something.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
New AT's

Flash Step
RFT (Retreating F-Tilt)
BUS (Boosted Up Smash)

RFT = Spot dodging after a forward tilt? If so, that's been known, just really hard timing :]

If not, share please <3

Famous

Smash Champion
I'm also releasing my "Famous" Mario texture if anyone wants to use it...

I fully customize it...
Silver/Black Fludd
Red/Blue Fireballs
Made Mario earrings..(Earrings I've seen of an anime called Chrome Shelled Regious)
Black/White Cape
Lmao, Black Tongue...EMO Ftw...I actually fked up

Basically it's a sexy black/silver/grey/white theme...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Famous... post plox.

I want to discover an AT D:

EDIT: Also.. I'm thinking about painting my GCN Controller Red with blue buttons(including joystick and c stick) and putting a Mario symbol where the Nintedo Gamecube Logo is above the start button. Mabye two more Mario symbols on the back where the humps of the control pad and C stick go too.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
New AT's

Flash Step
RFT (Retreating F-Tilt)
BUS (Boosted Up Smash)

gtfo, I already discovered BUS haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByu1zFUWjI&feature=PlayList&p=C483E56383DD1F53&index=1

Matador! We need to fuggin play again just for lulz. I ****ING GRADUATED SO I HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD FOR A FEW WEEKS! (before I go to UCSB's summer program. O.o)

I've been trying to step up my prediction and technicality, so hopefully you'll get to see new stuff from me. =)

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
gtfo, I already discovered BUS haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByu1zFUWjI&feature=PlayList&p=C483E56383DD1F53&index=1

Matador! We need to fuggin play again just for lulz. I ****ING GRADUATED SO I HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD FOR A FEW WEEKS! (before I go to UCSB's summer program. O.o)

I've been trying to step up my prediction and technicality, so hopefully you'll get to see new stuff from me. =)
Test it on me if you have no one to fight, just message me up. :chuckle:

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Alright, to clear a couple things up...

I go to every tournament in Montreal, and I end up running half of them anyways. Matt and Frank, you guys need to actually go to a tournament; I travel to every Ottawa tournament, and I should going to Final Only in Niagara as well. Frank, you need to come to our weeklies, you have access to public transport and they're really easy to get to. I personally travel 1 - 2 hours to get there depending on traffic, and you will meet a bunch of good players like HolyNightmare, Swordgard, Dom, myself, and many others. I keep asking you this because you haven't tasted any offline play with our community at all. Bring your brother.

We have a Montreal ECCSL event for 2 days, on June 20-21st (NEXT WEEK). What's more, Ally will be in the Midwest at the time so Ontario will be down in force to grab our spots, and we can't let that happen.

A lot of you need to start placing. Take a look at the character rankings list tournament archives; practically none of us have been placing at all. My placings are getting better after every event if you notice the pattern I'm making in the Mario tournament results thread, but a couple 7th places won't get us anywhere :p. Boss is still our biggest contributor in that regard.

Matador, I don't abhor wifi as much anymore. It's going to be garbage until the end of time, but I see some benefits. You can read up on them in my AiB blog here: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=21180. I'm basically avoiding playing South, WC, and overseas players now, because the variance becomes too much for me in that environment. My style is completely different online though, not so I play better, but to maximize the benefits I gain from it. As long as I read every action my opponent does, I don't care how many times I suicide.

Of course you guys don't know much about me; I'm Canadian. No one gave Ally credit for winning every Canadian tournament until he came down to the states and placed at the top in every national event he's been at thus far. Not enough people realize how amazing HolyNightmare is, despite placing top 16 at every single national event he's been to WITH ROB ONLY. Our Canadian scene is incredibly stacked, but not enough people acknowledge it. I'll conclude with this statement I made in the Mario Power Rankings thread:

ThatGuy said:
If you really want my honest opinion, I think I'm the second best Mario, below Boss. I'm not going to explain myself as that would take too long, and no one outside of Montreal would believe that anyways. My videos apparently aren't good enough (thank goodness, that would be an awful criterion of a power ranking anyway). My tournament results are sub-par. I've got a lot going for me though, and while it doesn't look the part, I'm gunning for those top spots in the Canadian scene when I get my chance.

Famous

Smash Champion
That's similar to what TC1 said with the arrogant words taken away....Though he thought he was #1

Local tourneys are different from nationals or RC's...I could build my results up from placing top 3 locally everytime but it won't mean anything..

Yes, Boss is our biggest contributer so far, but that's only when he decides to play Mario...I haven't been in many tourneys due to the lack of money...But be assured that my skills haven't suffered

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Likewise, I can place top locally but it doesn't mean much. I only present tournaments where people from Ontario come as well.

Hah, it's all opinion anyways, and no one really has to care. I wouldn't care if I was the #1 Mario in the world, I'm still not making any money from this =/.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Likewise, I can place top locally but it doesn't mean much. I only present tournaments where people from Ontario come as well.

Hah, it's all opinion anyways, and no one really has to care. I wouldn't care if I was the #1 Mario in the world, I'm still not making any money from this =/.
You **** son. Best Mario in my heart, no jokes ur the smartest. LOL NAME SEARCH!

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Highest I placed was 2nd, SoCal's too hard to place =/

And the TO didn't even upload the results... it was last Summer at a Shuffle and Cut.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Famous...you better explain this Flash step now. I'm going to a few tournaments and I want my Mario to be the best it can be now. D=

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol my best tourney placing was 25/100 at my first tourney >__>. Now I get worst and worst :D I blame wifi warrior. I has tourney tmr anyways. Kirinblaze, I expect your lovely sexiness and your sexy Mario there =D!

Famous

Smash Champion
Meh, I've been using Flash Step for along time but some of you may already know about it as...You just don't know how to use it effectively...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I could probably place at least top 5 at local tourneys, but I've only been to MW Circuit Events so far, but don't worry I'MA PLACE HIGH THERE 2!!! But that's gonna take a bit more work. Not sure if I can do it in one week.

Gah, I need a car.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
There's a thread up on it in tourney listings. Plank made the thread a couple hours ago. Gonna be amazing.

Matt07

Smash Master
Frank, you'll learn soon that not playing 'extremely fast' withcertain match-up's will help you. I mean I had to learn that for a few matches like Peach, or other defensive characters or else you'll get severly punished.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
You're probably not use to it, but it can be done.
its really pointless really lol. famous and boss can go so aggro and murder u in seconds or they can just play so patiently and yawn at the same time.

oh yeah matador, remember the vid with boss vs chu on BF with boss moving insanely fast with ledgedropping platform aerials or isai dropping or w/e u call it. well i pretty much got it mastered, works perfect for mario's zoning game and platform game :laugh:

Top Bottom