• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Inferno3044

Smash Master
k so boss offically dropped mario in tourney wise. how do I know? Well. the scrub came from md/va and came here and took our lunch money and took 2nd place.

more indepth post later. btw kirin is a mother****ing sexy *** mario
oh boss. he was my inspiration to stick with Mario after I started playing seriously. I'm really sad he switched to Luigi. He was the best of us and he really got Mario seen as a good character. I look at the videos put up of his matches and always like seeing them. A thread should be dedicated to him.

vato_break

Smash Master
There's a point when you realize you can't get Mario any further...Mario does indeed have a limit imo and boss did in fact reach it.We shouldn't let boss dropping of mario discourage us.We must continue to do what we've been doing and try to reach the level boss was at,its possible you just have to have the right mindset.

Famous

Smash Champion
oh boss. he was my inspiration to stick with Mario after I started playing seriously. I'm really sad he switched to Luigi. He was the best of us and he really got Mario seen as a good character. I look at the videos put up of his matches and always like seeing them. A thread should be dedicated to him.
B0ss may have made Mario but I recreated him...And yes, he uses Luigi 90% more than Mario...

I go Mario 90% of the time except for certain matchup's

I was wondering why people were calling me best Mario in MD/VA...And Boss wasn't saying a word...Maybe I'll inspire him to pick him back up the way he inspired me to keep maining him and furthering his meta-game

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
k so boss offically dropped mario in tourney wise.
more indepth post later.
You really coulda fooled me.

We all already knew he used Luigi more than Mario...for like months now. You made it sound like he "officially" dropped him -_-

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
It doesn't matter to me about winning with him. I place pretty well with him with the region I'm in and such. He's just too much to fun to play for me and he's been mah boi since Smash64. :)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It doesn't matter to me about winning with him. I place pretty well with him with the region I'm in and such. He's just too much to fun to play for me and he's been mah boi since Smash64. :)
Same, I'd drop Brawl before I'd drop Mario. Winning's great, but I have too much fun playing Mario.

I hitch hike everywhere....If that doesn't work I just take a warp pipe =/
Bummer. I really need to get out there to tourneys. We still haven't even ditto'd yet XD

Edit @ Monk: I'll do it, lol. First Malcolm, then Boss. People will believe it XD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
<3 Monk. XD

I've known about you since Melee days...the fact you still contribute here with your amazing wisdom is omg win.

Anyhow, I always wonder what makes us any different from the other boards that represent underused characters. I know all of you will agree with me when I say Mario is the best Nintendo character ever...do we have anything else to support why we use Mario?

Matt07

Smash Master
Mario has a lot of styles, ways to mix it up. He can go from aggresive to defensive. He's fun. I like to combo.

Also XeroXen point is very true as well.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Also, I started playing characters when I got Melee from top left going right (without all the chars unlocked). I use Mario because I used him first and I didn't feel like using anybody else. Learning another character would be boooooooooooring.

And his Nair is sexy.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I use Mario only cause he carried over from Melee >.>

And I was originally a Young Link main in Melee, I just started playing Mario cause my school friends banned me from using Young Link, and caping was fun :D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I only started using Mario because I loved the cape from the Melee days, and I like knowing a bit about every character, so I was randomly playing him for the hell of it with some friends and realized I really liked his style and wasn't half bad with him.

Of course, in reality, I sucked even worse than I do now, but he was so much fun that I kept going with him, picking him over a secondary that might actually help cover my bad matchups, and now I'm fairly confident about my Mario, even if he's far from where I'd want him to be.

Also, Mario vs DK is one of my favorite matchups in this game.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Truth be told, I don't use Mario. I don't even own this game and have never played it in my life.

And none of you can prove otherwise.

Nokon

Smash Apprentice
I've been kinda bored with brawl lately since the scene at my school pretty much stopped.

Mario makes me happy =] So I keep playing.

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
Did Boss really drop Mario? Too bad, but maybe in the future someone will be able play as well as him or maybe even better. All I know is that I'm not dropping Mario just because Boss did.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Famous is only in Boss's shadow cuz' Boss is the bigger guy.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, Hippie, Famous on the left, and PX in the middle. I remember him saying that when he posted that picture.

I think Straked should be the Peach main, he'd look pretty in a dress.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Don't worry guys. Famous and I got this. We'll pick up Matador and Ajax and wreck the EC with Mario. Bo will do his thing and cape the **** outta the Midwest. Kanzaki and Vato, you guys take the WC. We'll leave Canada to Matt and Franki.

We got this.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Matt07 should be the Toad main. He's short and looks like a ch***.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Don't worry guys. Famous and I got this. We'll pick up Matador and Ajax and wreck the EC with Mario. Bo will do his thing and cape the **** outta the Midwest. Kanzaki and Vato, you guys take the WC. We'll leave Canada to Matt and Franki.

We got this.
I really like how NO ONE considers FL EC anymore....

just sayin'

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow I totally got pwned by Straked lmao.

And yes ThatGuy is wrecking Canada, till I heat the scene this Fall. Canada's gonna get wrecked even more.

Top Bottom