• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
*cosigns with Hippiedude*

Mario's pretty quick too. That's always a plus when approaching.

....Where's Judge at??...

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
So I'm wondering about Mario's approach options. I know he can be amazing with the fireball, and sometimes a hyphen smash works if you're lucky, but I don't know about how else he can approach an opponent. Can anyone fill me in?
A) don't approach unless they can camp you harder tan you can camp them
B) I agree with bair and uair
C) Dair also makes a good approach, but be sure to dair across them so that you end up behind them.
D)????
E)Profit.

TP

Smash Master
I was just playing online. I decided to use Mario for the hell of it, my opponent went DK. He was in the air and he thought I was gonna approach him, so he unleashed his fully charged punch. I used FLUDD right then and the FIHL let me go up and cape him. He was still gonna grab the ledge, so I footstooled him.

I'm gonna start using Mario in tourney now all because of this moment.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Yes... another Mario.

And lol... approaching. I'll usually just annoy them with camping, bairs, and OoS tactics until they get so frustrated that they're really easy to combo. I love messing with people's emotions. (I almost had a guy break another controller today he got so frustrated... haha)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Get better at Brawl and become Skyler2King.
Or something.

W****.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
But then everybody will be trying to ban Mario.

Nah, we'll just cape them away. Nothing to worry about.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I was just playing online. I decided to use Mario for the hell of it, my opponent went DK. He was in the air and he thought I was gonna approach him, so he unleashed his fully charged punch. I used FLUDD right then and the FIHL let me go up and cape him. He was still gonna grab the ledge, so I footstooled him.

A Ganon/Mario player?

That is perhaps the sexiest combination Brawl will ever get.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes upair, Dair is safe on the block. RAR bairs are safe as well.
*cosigns with Hippiedude*

Mario's pretty quick too. That's always a plus when approaching.

....Where's Judge at??...
A) don't approach unless they can camp you harder tan you can camp them
B) I agree with bair and uair
C) Dair also makes a good approach, but be sure to dair across them so that you end up behind them.
D)????
E)Profit.
Thanks you three. That helps me out.
You can tell me again about Mario's speed, too. Sometimes I've been able to pull a string of throws on enemies.

Welcome to the club, my good man. :p

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
What I like to do if I grab Snake at 0 percent is down throw -> pivot grab -> down throw -> pivot grab and then what ever I feel like xD

***stolen from Boss' video watching him fight Ally ^^

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
That's what I do, except I didn't steal that from a video.

I also get them to airdodge if they're reluctant by doing an SJP after a down throw

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
So I'm at work and all right? I get a call over the loud speaker about a dude coming back to pick some stuff up. So this guy comes back and what does he look like? A short, kinda chubby Italian guy with a jacket on with the name 'Mario' on the left side of his chest. I almost died.

Famous

Smash Champion
What I like to do if I grab Snake at 0 percent is down throw -> pivot grab -> down throw -> pivot grab and then what ever I feel like xD

***stolen from Boss' video watching him fight Ally ^^
Lol, you know Boss got that from me...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol, Mario mains. A bunch of thieves.

I actually had started doing the pivot grab thing a little before I saw that vid so it was more like "oh, Boss does this too..." instead of "I'm stealing that ****".

That jab cancel to Dair was a different story though....Thought that was insane when I first saw it. Never even thought to try it. Same with that cape dashing thing Famous discovered, even though he's like the only one who can do it :laugh:

So I'm at work and all right? I get a call over the loud speaker about a dude coming back to pick some stuff up. So this guy comes back and what does he look like? A short, kinda chubby Italian guy with a jacket on with the name 'Mario' on the left side of his chest. I almost died.
Lmfao, too good. He came by to pick up his fire flowers I bet, rofl

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I remember famous calling it the famous combo a long time ago... that's about the time when I stole it, I never actually SAW it.

:D

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You never told us what you were doing that was related to Hippie's avatar.

Undressing for the webcam?

Matt07

Smash Master
I don't get the joke :(.

My brother just bought the Super Mario Bros. 3 DVD Series. I am so watching those once I'm not so bombarded with Homework.

Famous

Smash Champion
Need to be more aggro...Also, never try to punish Peach after she Fairs(unless its a crappy peach)Fireball instead

Jab-DSmash is dam near unavoidable as well....

Nice vids

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Well i'm not gonna bull with anyone LOL but it's a friendly (yeah everyone always say it but it's bull i know -_-) and I haven't touched offline in like a lil over a month with too much wifi in me, so it was abit hard adjusting espically with red bull making me like some melee beast. I was abit too aggressive and desperate for the kills :/ but thnx for advice.

btw what does aggro mean?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
btw what does aggro mean?
Aggression I think.

Edit after watching vids: Yeah, Famous is right. You tried to challenge him too much in the air with your Nair. It's better to just get back and fireball, then come after him after he's dodged it or w/e. You could also run in there and do upB OOS or something, but just don't challenge him in the air since Fair and Dair will beat most of your stuffs.

Also, you played aggressive, but you were chasing him the entire time. This is one of those matchups where that can get you wrecked since you'll be running into alot before you actually reach him. You can play aggressive, but keep it safe and don't run right at him everytime, it makes you predictable and unsafe at the same time.

Otherwise, ur Mario is O_O. That first kill on the 4th match was sexy.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Aggression I think.

Edit after watching vids: Yeah, Famous is right. You tried to challenge him too much in the air with your Nair. It's better to just get back and fireball, then come after him after he's dodged it or w/e. You could also run in there and do upB OOS or something, but just don't challenge him in the air since Fair and Dair will beat most of your stuffs.

Also, you played aggressive, but you were chasing him the entire time. This is one of those matchups where that can get you wrecked since you'll be running into alot before you actually reach him. You can play aggressive, but keep it safe and don't run right at him everytime, it makes you predictable and unsafe at the same time.

Otherwise, ur Mario is O_O. That first kill on the 4th match was sexy.
Yeah, not really using my head. This could explain why I placed like last place in my last tourney :dizzy:

Edit: Ohey lookie. A luigi comparing mario debate here. it's so fun to beat the **** outta people.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7496789&posted=1#post7496789

another Edit: kays Mario mains. Help needed again. For some reason my passion for aggressive takes over me. Cuz most people say that I seem to randomly throw out moves and I just try to chase them down and get punished, like my crappy vids against Drk peach for example of my bad habit or mistakes. Anyone got good advice for this? Cause it's either i've been wifi-ing way tooo much, or I've been wifi-ing and playing around in friendlies with bs chars EXTREMELY TOO much.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

hai2u i haz webcam (HP touchsmart to be precise).

@Hippiedude: Walk around a lot and shieldcamp? I'll get to your vids maybe sooner or later...

Top Bottom