• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
So according to M2K's top 5 players(no particular order, just what I remembered):

M2K, Ally, ADHD, Dehf, and 5th is a toss up between Tyrant, TKD, and like 2 or 3 others, I stopped reading here..

3 SoCal on that is, get ***** xD

TKD isn't SoCal, but close enough >.>

JUDGE

Smash Lord
GUYS!!!
I NEED HELP; MY WII JUST BROKE!!

it just don't want to read my brawl and monster hunter tri disc, havn't tryied it with another one yet but what should i do?
it just suddenly happened when i played brawl that it says that a error has occured and that i should turn the power off and take the disc out
but it don't want to read my brawl anymore
i have homebrew installed so my garuantee is gone, i can't send it back to nintendo
do i have to buy another wii?

Veggi

Smash Champion
I don't know about MHTri, but Brawl is a dual-layered disc, which means that it can get screwed up easily. That happened to my disc. I suggest trying to play some different games and see if they work. if none of them do, I think you'll have to buy another Wii. : [

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Your disk lens is probably dirty. Happened to me.

You have to find a way to clean the inside without breaking open your Wii. Try blowing into it a-la NES cartridge.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
or find someone that you trust that can atleast try and fix your Wii. The way you put it, you might have to buy another Wii. when my Wii broke I went to a pawn shop and bought one for 100$ and a I brought brawl for 6$ and thats was like 6 months ago ^_^

JUDGE

Smash Lord
i also heard about this dual layered disk thing
is there really no other way because buying a new wii is a bit to expensive and who says that this won't happen to my new wii as well

tried to blow in the wii but hadn't worked :/

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
If it only won't play Dual Layered disks, then your best bet is the official lens cleaner from Nintendo.

Otherwise, something else is up, it could be the lens or it could be something else.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
^^
My gamecube has tanked off bureaus, stands and the like many-a-time while playing and still no problems to this day

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My Gamecube stopped working. =/

More like I think it overheats easily for some dumb reason I don't fully understand.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Your disk lens is probably dirty. Happened to me.
This. Happened to me too.

If it only won't play Dual Layered disks, then your best bet is the official lens cleaner from Nintendo.
This is how I fixed it.

It's either dirty lenses or the optical reader stopped working. If that's the case you'll have to send it to Nintendo.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
My GameCube still functions. I keep it around for the Game Boy Player I have plugged in the bottom. Nothing beats GBA games on a TV.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
My GC's powercord exploded...

Literally burst into flames...

It was kinda creepy...cuz it happened without warning, lol.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I went through, I think, 2 or 3 Gamecubes. I messed up the lenses somehow on it. I did have the GB Player, but no GBA games at the time lol. Only GB. My Gamecube couldn't read Melee either, but my Wii does.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
They really... really are, nobody ever brings up anything interesting and we generally never really talk about anything other than Mario which got boring 6 months ago.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
You guys should invade another characters boards general discussion.

TheStealthyDude

Smash Rookie
Smashboards Name: TheStealthyDude
Birthday: May 27th
Height and weight: 5' 10'' (150 lbs)
Current location: Ellicott City, Maryland
Systems you own: N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, GBA, DS, Computer
Last couple of games you played aside from Brawl: Pokemon SoulSilver
Smash Rival: As of right now I don't have one.
Next big thing you are looking forward to: Summer, definetly.
What are you doing right now: Stuff.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I don't come in here for anything other than boredom's sake anymore, lol. I just really don't like talking on forums much anymore cuz people feel like they constantly need to come off as an *******.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Super Street Fighter 4 is amazing.

Discuss.

My main is Ryu. I second Zangief, T. Hawk, Gouken, and Juri. I'm also looking forward to picking up Cody.

In case you didn't notice a pattern, I like picking the main character, and I also love heavyweights. I also have a thing for ancient characters. That might partly explain why I like Mario, Ganondorf, and G&W so much. Mario is like the main character, Ganondorf is the bad*ss heavyweight, and G&W is ancient and sorta plays like a hard hitting heavyweight.

To be honest, I don't know why I'm using Juri...cuz like I NEVER use female characters lol. But then again, her playstyle is really easy to pick up and fun. I know Bo however loves female characters by default.

I remember a convo with Pierce and the reason he said he liked Mario is because he told me his stuff feels so basic and natural like Ryu. Yeah now if only Mario was top tier like Ryu...

Top Bottom