• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Zangief makes me laugh...just his attacks, the stuff he says, it's just so wacky.

I can't understand why he got so many nerfs though, when he clearly had trouble against all the other top tiers.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Eww....Gief...

My mains in order of how badly they'd **** ur **** - Guy, Bison, Akuma, Fei, Makoto...

Got PSN???

Byowing add me plz

@ Inferno: Lol, I can't recall you ever coming off that way in my direction XD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ew, 360 sucks. Get a PS3 for that. At least that's what my friend has, and I mooch off him.

My friend's Ken is mad legit though, and he plans on going to EVO.

mostri

Smash Cadet
smashboard name: mostri
birth day : january 16, 1989
height and weight: 183 cm, 160 pounds
current location: miami
system you own: wii, ds lite

hi guys!!! i am glad to find this place . i main a good mario and would like to learn from you and make buddies . i have faced so much marios before but i never have played 1 better than mine. if you think you are good please pm, i will be more than happy to fight you

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I play Balrog, Ryu, Chun-Li, Ibuki and Juri and (lol) Vega.

Mains: Ibuki (from SSFIV) and Balrog (from SFIV)
Secondaries: Ryu (every game ever forever) and Juri
Tertiary: Chun-Li, Vega

Hilariously enough, my Secondaries are better than my current main, in terms of my performances with them. I've crushed people with my Balrog before, though I'm a rather average player on the whole. I can play just about anyone.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I've always prefer PS3 over a 360.. I actually currently own a PS3.. I'm only getting a 360 to be able to play with my friends x.x

Also, SF4 loading time on 360 is a whole lot faster on PS3.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
How is that possible? The Dpad is God awful...

That, and PS3's design is so beautifully simple...much more durable...doesn't need batteries...lighter...

I personally only like the 360 controller for FPS only.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Heh, the 360's dpad is horrible, but I prefer it over the PS3 controller cuz the analog is placed in a more convenient place.

I can't play FPS on consoles, unless I have autoaim but then its just boring.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The PS3 controller >>> 360 controller for SF4.

Buttons are quite a bit more comfortably placed imo.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
How is that possible? The Dpad is God awful...

That, and PS3's design is so beautifully simple...much more durable...doesn't need batteries...lighter...

I personally only like the 360 controller for FPS only.
The PS3's controller design is awkward.

The d-pad is great, but it feels like the analog sticks were just slapped onto the bottom as an afterthought. And in fact, that's exactly what happened. Sony slapped two analog sticks to the bottom of the original PS1 controller in order to better compete with the N64, and each PlayStation successor has inherited the same controller design.

Is the PS3 a better package overall than the 360? Absolutely. Is its controller terrible? By no means. Is it a ******* child of 4th and 5th gen console controllers? Yes, yes it is.

Give the 360 the d-pad from Classic Controller Pro, and you have the ideal controller my frends.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The PS3's controller design is awkward.

The d-pad is great, but it feels like the analog sticks were just slapped onto the bottom as an afterthought. And in fact, that's exactly what happened. Sony slapped two analog sticks to the bottom of the original PS1 controller in order to better compete with the N64, and each PlayStation successor has inherited the same controller design.
How is it awkward? It's like...the most simplistic, symmetrical design ever, lol. I dunno, to each his own I guess...I've always loved PS controllers because I feel they SHOULD be simple...I just hate the squishy L2 and R2 buttons.

Besides that, I have no issue with it. 360's Dpad makes me wanna punch a baby tho...

Give the 360 the d-pad from Classic Controller Pro, and you have the ideal controller my frends.
It'd be pretty similar to a GC controller, lol. Aside from the wonky bumper buttons on GC controller anyways.

@ Hippy: Get Ratchet and Clank - a crack in time.

Get BlazBlue continuum shift when it comes out....

Ignore Tekken 6 unless you're really into it...the online for it is terrible.

And pick up SSF4 so we can play, lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
mostri and I had some wifi matches, the guy knows what he's doing and is pretty legit. Now all he needs to do is get up vids. =)

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
My favorite controller is the PS3, I've liked that style since PS1.. HOWEVER, the 360 controller is a whole lot better for FPS(although I prefer keyboard+mouse)... and I like the convex style of the 360 joystick, it's like your thumb is having sex with a fat person, and it sinks in ^^ I prefer d-pad in all my games, except FPS and Smash xD

PS3 hardware is a whole lot better than the 360, this is just a fact. Don't try to argue this -.-

And I plan to buy an arcade stick for SSF4 :D

xbrawlmasterx

Smash Cadet
All of our mains is mario so one of us should make a tournament of only using mario to see who is the best mario user
if someone decides to make the tournament then please tell me in a pm

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I need to buy an arcade stick. You have to be a certain kinda devoted to buy one of those though... it's like...

I already have a controller that I **** with...but I'm gonna buy a new $100+ controller for a game that I play semi-casually AND will take me a few days to get used to...

I may do it eventually...but meh. Not until I start screwing up inputs.

xbrawlmasterx

Smash Cadet
I AM GOING TO BRAWL Mosrtri SOON AND IT WILL DETERMINE WHO THE BETTER MARIO IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
...Who is Mositri? Honestly, I can see where all your ambition is coming from, but playing over WiFi and challenging other Marios is not the way to do it. Trust me, my goal was and always has been the same as I see yours, the best way to pursue that goal is to attend tournaments that AREN'T WiFi, the ones that actually matter.

As it is, I've nearly completed my first goal... after a year and a half.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Also, getting better takes time... LOTS OF TIME. More time than you would believe and then some... at least for me it was like that. I'd really like to get some replays up of me a year ago and have you all make fun of me!

Top Bottom