• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'm not.. I'm still using him for Low tier events. Just can't use him in normal brackets. Every time I used mario in friendlies at that tourney I lost, lol. A2z is right, I'm not as good as I used to be with him. Xero placed 5th going all Mario. I wish I could still do that, haha. I don't even use mario in bracket anymore. I just can't do it anymore. But godspeed to Xero for repping Mario.
Your still part of the foundations of Mario mah dood...

i think ive concluded all great pros come to a end or maybe they just hit the peak of their game and just turns into a sluggish career for some.. i know snakeeee and ninjalinkk were incredible back in the days, now it's like lolsz.

(btw if they name search this, i still love u guys all for homo <3)

Matt07

Smash Master
If you don't enjoy playing the said character anymore then it's a good enough reason to switch characters, or take a break from the game for a while. However, Mario has limits obviously, and if you feel too frustrated to continue playing him then that does take a toll on how you play.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm not.. I'm still using him for Low tier events. Just can't use him in normal brackets. Every time I used mario in friendlies at that tourney I lost, lol. A2z is right, I'm not as good as I used to be with him. Xero placed 5th going all Mario. I wish I could still do that, haha. I don't even use mario in bracket anymore. I just can't do it anymore. But godspeed to Xero for repping Mario.
Wait wait, what did I just say? Surely I didn't make you drop Mario did I?

But yeah props to Xero. He's doing more than I am, that's for sure. Since I've not been making it to tournaments...

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I just haven't really been motivated to goto tournaments lately. There was a late night tournament Friday night, to train for yesterday's tournament with Chudat.. so me and my friends started training for that late night tournament... then when we got there, played a few friendlies.. and signed up for the tournament, but before it even started, we were like.. **** it.. then went to play tennis, and then hit up a bar :D

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm coming for that top-MW spot, Xero. Slowly but surely. Awesome that you placed 5th all Mario, I wish you guys would have been able to head over to Nope's last weekend.

I didn't do great at all, if placing was an indicator but had some awesome matches. Destroyed SneakyTako's R.O.B, pretty much beat his MK both times (though I lost) and was a dumb mistake away from beating Wakka (9th place finish) and immediately sending him to Losers in bracket. I think I've been getting better, hopefully it'll translate into true results soon, though.

To Bo: If you don't feel Mario's giving you results in bracket and if he's not that fun, then yeah, you should probably switch. Even if you do just go Mario in low-tier tournaments, that's fine, we wish you the best of luck either option you go. I know for me, picking up some other characters has kind of helped my Mario a bit. Don't feel too bad.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
guys i know this sounds a bit crazy but me and some other german guys are going to host a europe wide brawl only tournament in berlin
there will be many good brawler there such as izaw and mr r

my question is if anyone of you could imagine to travel to germany in the summer holidays to join this and play some friendlies with me? *__*

english swf thread coming soo in the regional forums ( i'll give you the link)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah...it's not like I don't want to go, the question is...can I even make it to Europe when I have trouble making it to tournaments that are only 30 minutes away from me?

Matt07

Smash Master
@Judge, sorry I wouldn't travel thar far :(.

@Matador, good ****. You had it down with Pikachu, and Bo/Veggi covered what I was going to say. However vs Marth, it's a lot better to camp. You have projectiles, he doesn't. Force him to go to you, Marth can swat away Fireball's, but your still forcing a reaction...and maybe an opening. Playing aggro vs Marth is still do-able, but I find it easier to just stay back and camp, and once you get inside, then play aggro.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
guys i know this sounds a bit crazy but me and some other german guys are going to host a europe wide brawl only tournament in berlin
there will be many good brawler there such as izaw and mr r

my question is if anyone of you could imagine to travel to germany in the summer holidays to join this and play some friendlies with me? *__*

english swf thread coming soo in the regional forums ( i'll give you the link)
no promises but ill see what i can do

SKidd

Smash Master
Any of you guys heard of wt? Wii Troopers? There a Wii clan with some really good Brawlers.
Biglou...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Hey guys, got my license so that means it's gonna be easier for me to get to tournaments soon. (Need a car looool... and more money, but I'll win that from tourneys!)

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
The Kirby got 2nd place in that midtier tourney Juushichi >.> And used to be power ranked..

Midtier tournies are usually midtier and lower as well x.x

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
>_> I dunno, it just didn't look all that impressive. He didn't even go for free, low % damage that Kirby's get just from one forward throw.

Or maybe I'm just comparing him to Y.b.M. He's probably not bad, and I guess it was late. It just didn't look good at least in that match.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
<----agrees with Juushichi.

They were both pretty average judging from the vid, but the Kirby was especially lackluster.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
*Charlie Brown adult speech noises*
I love u too Xero :laugh:

that kirby 3 stocked my mario, im baaaaad lol
I'm not trying to sound elitist or anything, I'm not all that great myself.

I'm just saying maybe that vid isn't showing him at his best. There's a ton of things he can be taking advantage of that he isn't doing.

Or maybe he can't and I don't see it.

Just my annual income...bka $0.02...

Top Bottom