• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Famous

Smash Champion
1. R4 is a Flash Cart that allows you to play roms on your DS
2. Hmmm...there was this one site I use to always go to..forgot the name though
3. What the duck happened to this thread?

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Legal IV's require know about PID's too.

It's a combination of IV's, Nature, Gender, and Ability into a number that the game reads to see if everything is legal. Pokesav generates random *** ones that aren't legal.

Basically you can't get certain sets of IV's for some natures, like all 31 for example. I've been reading up on PID's and using a PID generator to create sets of legal IV's for my Pokemon. So far only Timid and Naive Natures have a legal PID for all 31 in the IV's.

Famous

Smash Champion
Mario can gimp diddy upb with Dair...try eeit

Press Back on the analog+Down on the C-stick so you don't fastfall...

Man, I always enjoy watching you guys Mario's...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

Veggi

Smash Champion
@ Kirin's video.

Fantastic Mario. Although, I suggest using nair to kill Diddy's up b rather than trying to nail it with bair. Nair's hitbox stays out for much longer. Your banana game is sick though and so is your evasion skill.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Diddy's who depends on Nanerz so much, can be beated very easily if the player knows how to use items in a good way, so, yeah, Mario with Link mindset>Diddy x9-

Calebyte

Smash Lord
I'm picking up Diddy, but I'll still go Mario vs any other Diddy. And Luigi. And half of the rest of the cast. Maybe more. I love Mario too much.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm a pretty pathetic player.

My best character by far is Mario...

Although my G&W has some pretty sick moments, and I probably need to rely on him for my bad matchups, since I don't use anyone else who is better. Bleh, every character I've ever touched is ass against Metaknight. Ultimately I have to accept that I'm pretty much not winning a tournament against decent players in the standard metagame. =/

Ban that top tier lol, it's just too dumb and stupid. Moar mid/low tier tournaments!

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
In my opinion A2Z, since you play with friends, just stick with whoever you have fun with, not much riding on the line except a bunch of **** talking :p

I personally don't like tournaments, cause I'd rather use the money on food/booze then giving it to DSF/Tyrant/Dehf xD But my friends usually drag me, and I gotta admit, they're fun learning experiment ^^

Hence why I use Mario, cause he's fun, and when I goto tournaments, I get more experience using characters I LIKE, such as Mario and Fox, then I use them against my friends in friendlies, and rub it in their faces xD

But yea, I've always knew Kirin had potential to be one of the best Marios <3

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This weekend I'm entering a small Melee tournament.

My chance of winning is probably extremely low as the UCSB Melee community has some legit as hell players, but still, I intend to do my best with Mario. =)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Ahh efff, I like being recognized as "that guy who's really good with Mario". I'm gonna use some Mario my next 2 tournaments and I'm winning low tier! > :O

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Not going to lie, Mario is my best character and I put in more work to Mario than anyone else. Even though I play a lot of others. People say my Falco/Pit/Tink is pretty decent... but Mario's the way to go.

Edit, I also go to tournaments to compare how far I've gone with my main against similar people (hurr, durr so does everyone else, but I mean it in a slightly different way) and also just to have fun. I like placing decently (and it's hard against people like Shugo, Blue Rouge, Y.b.M. and the like), but I love playing against a bunch of different people.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It is my opinion that Auspher is one of the best Wolf players that the world has ever known.

[Juushichi Edit:] Auspher is a scrub.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Anybody else catch what happened at 2:16 on Kirin's vid? Cape's too goodz!
Good stuff Kirin...lurve the mario...

Pink Fresh is the current running Mario slayer...Famous has yet to play him though.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I've beaten every Lucas that fought me in SoCal thus far, including JonT :p

Oats didn't want to play me when I asked for a match, but I'm pretty sure I can beat Oats as well.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey you know something, I might actually be in the EC this summer...not that I'll be anywhere near you guys.

Visiting family and taking our sweet time driving all the way across the country...chances however are slim that I'll be able to find Smash nearby. Who knows though...

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Yo Kirin, I know it's late but I enjoyed that MM set vs Dark peach and Eli. Played very smart with Mario. If you ever come down here, we'd definitely sweep Low tier dubz with dub Mario or Mario/Link xD.

Top Bottom