• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Man it's quiet in here

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Sorry, wrong perscription... I gave him LSD to treat a migraine, cause I thought he was allergic to the chems in normal meds.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Well, I'm waiting for some miracle to happen to revive the Melee scene. It's hard finding tourneys. And it doesn't help that I can't travel far either. And I just switched to Doc from Falco. I've watched SmashMac's tutorial and all that, but I have no opponents to play really. And Brawl gets boring after like, an hour... *sigh*

otg

Smash Master
Well, I'm waiting for some miracle to happen to revive the Melee scene. It's hard finding tourneys. And it doesn't help that I can't travel far either. And I just switched to Doc from Falco. I've watched SmashMac's tutorial and all that, but I have no opponents to play really. And Brawl gets boring after like, an hour... *sigh*
Where are you from in NY? If you live in the 5 boroughs/westchester we can probably meet up at some point.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh lawd.

Falco to doc? Why would you do that to yourself?! >.>

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Falco is just a better character with less limits. Doc. is too good though and with practice you can find ways around his limits. I switched as a Falco main to Doc., and I'm very satisfied with the switch.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*puts on his track shoes*
yeah!??! WELL ASK YA WALLET HOW IT FEELS ABOUT THE SWITCH!!

/me sprints off

oh crap, forgot i dont exercise *coughs and keels over*

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Where are you from in NY? If you live in the 5 boroughs/westchester we can probably meet up at some point.
Yonkers. Where nobody plays smash, Brawl or Melee. Can't be at my house, too much things that prevent us from playing, namely the tv problem here.

@ Pink Reaper : I can't travel far. The only thing that I have the slightest hope in is that I'll be going to VA for summer, and I may be able to persuade my pops to carry me to Chu's Bi-Weekly, but I seriously doubt that will be happening. -_-

And I got bored of Falco, I main Doc/Ganon.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
@ Pink Reaper : I can't travel far. The only thing that I have the slightest hope in is that I'll be going to VA for summer, and I may be able to persuade my pops to carry me to Chu's Bi-Weekly, but I seriously doubt that will be happening. -_-
you should see if anybody would be willing to pick you up.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
you should see if anybody would be willing to pick you up.

Hmm, true. But my Mother doesn't really like the safety questions that arises with strangers in cars and video games. But I think I'd be able to say something to get her to let me go. It's just a matter of who and how far. If I got to go to a far state, like Georgia, then that's a big HELL NO. But if it's like NJ or CT, then I think I'd be able to go. ****, 6 more months and I won't have to ask permission any more.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Yonkers. Where nobody plays smash, Brawl or Melee. Can't be at my house, too much things that prevent us from playing, namely the tv problem here.

And I got bored of Falco, I main Doc/Ganon.
I can hook you up with some local melee players near yonkers. I used to live in NY before I moved to FL. Rockland county to be specific.

there are a bunch of people nearby yonkas

here

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=91714

just post in there about how you wanna play some smash and where you are. also, NYC has smashfests and tourneys often. as does NJ.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
1st Vid: XFD @ End. That's all i have to say.
2nd vid: Holy **** a doc beat a capfal wtf. (i swear chinesah doesnt know how that's supposed to work)
3rd vid: oh i just stopped paying really commenting and just watched at this point.

__

Boss, im going to put this out there, and I mean no disrespect when I say this (finish reading what im gunna say please).

I do not like how you play. And it's not that i think it's bad, i'm actually jealous. Cause i swear to god EVERY FRICKING TIME I DASH ATTACK, regardless of when, where, why, or how i do it, i get punished. Everytime I try to steal f.throws gimps on fastfallers, it doesnt work; and just a whole line of other bs that just ...-throws keyboard- rawgh!

But game respect game, i cant argue with something that obviously worked.

Good ****.

__

.. i still question capfal vs doc, cause i swear chinesah refused to space n.airs. >.>

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^ I know what you're saying dogy--though to be fair, he just is using the fact that chinsah moves too much, and doesn't watch all the time while moving (why he gets the dash attacks, and to some extent f-airs) off when we think he should just be gettign punished >_>

EDIT: I saw him correctly eat through pills w/ nair, but as I actually enjoy the c. fal matchup, I can't say that. If you can get him, you can just keep owning him. The problem is the initial getting him >_<

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
you saw him n.air through pills like once or twice, and a majority of his approachers were f.air.

F.air approach gives doc a chance in that matchup because doc has the same range as f.air.

The ONLY way doc can really contest n.air is to aerial OVER, u.tilt/u.smash under it if they fullhop, or move.

Everytime i see a doc say they like doc vs capfal, i wonder wtf kinda capfals they play.

boss8

Smash Hero
you saw him n.air through pills like once or twice, and a majority of his approachers were f.air.

F.air approach gives doc a chance in that matchup because doc has the same range as f.air.

The ONLY way doc can really contest n.air is to aerial OVER, u.tilt/u.smash under it if they fullhop, or move.

Everytime i see a doc say they like doc vs capfal, i wonder wtf kinda capfals they play.
it's chinesahh!!! he is amazing what can i say.....

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
you're not supposed to say anything really. XD

Just take what was given to you, a 1st place.

Im just hatin cause im jealous, i have no problem admitting it again.

boss8

Smash Hero
you're not supposed to say anything really. XD

Just take what was given to you, a 1st place.

Im just hatin cause im jealous, i have no problem admitting it again.
i mean overall doc isnt hard to play at all........it's like shiek fox falco capt falcon marth.....they are all spills to me.....like spills on the floor......and my doc is pretty much a janitor....i cant stand top and high tiers so i mmust take my frustration out on them........

remember 1 grab is all u need.....

St. Viers

Smash Champion
to be honest, I play against 1 okay falcon, and one good smasher, though he doens't main falcon.

But the thing is, back at me 2nd tournie, I got trashed by a falcon, cause Ididn't know how to play, and so now, I just know how to beast falcons my level... (decent->kinda good)

otg

Smash Master
i mean overall doc isnt hard to play at all........it's like shiek fox falco capt falcon marth.....they are all spills to me.....like spills on the floor......and my doc is pretty much a janitor....i cant stand top and high tiers so i mmust take my frustration out on them........

remember 1 grab is all u need.....
Haha nice analogy. Yeah, the Doc isn't very hard tech wise, but his matchups are def hard and require a lot of skill to do well. If Doc was played haphazardly he would get ***** .... like he legitimately should. It's due to his inherit gayness that he can hold his own against the top tiers.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Its 99 degree's out right now and I have to go stand next to an oven for 5 hours at work. Someone kill me

/spam

Doc seems like one of those characters who's metagame fizzled out sort of early. His play style hasn't really changed in a while and it sort of seems like alot of characters are passing him up. Could it be, that DOC of all characters, should drop into the low tier?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, Doc's really one of those characters that is really solid in most areas, but just doesn't excel at any one thing, I think.

Top Bottom