• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutter

Smash Champion
I prefer to give the amount of time in seconds, since ".5 seconds" is a lot more understandable to most people than "30 frames".

But if you wanna include frame data, go for it. I like seeing people have their own styles of presentation.
No problem. I like going into detail on when specifically attacks start up and end and that stuff.

Plus, the frame data will be more than just random numbers considering there will be some asethetic value behind them ;)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
ED: Was a fun moveset to read ( I am a fan of the manga @__@) and it was fun how you put in his short stature in his UP Special. The transmutation circle was nice, and the wall really helped his air game. I do not know why you sorta compared him to meteknight when it came to the air. I kind of had trouble understanding his throws.

Current Status: Editing Oliver moveset

Junahu

Smash Ace
Edward: I don't care what anyone else's reaction to this is, but I consider Edward to be your best moveset ever. Copycatting Alphonse's tramsmutation circles was a pretty ballsey decision, and it works, extremely well. It's nice to have some consistancy between movesets for a change, and as a bonus, you didn't go crazy with some moves like you did with Mewthree (even the down-tilt/up-air interaction kept itself sane)
+generic compliments on creativity, organisation and readability

alright, now criticism.... erm

...hold on.. just a minute..

..darn. I can't think of anything meaningful.

I suppose your writing style could be tightened up a little bit, and it was tricky to imagine the moves you described, fitting his playstyle.

And I'm not sure why Edward can't throw his spear to end the grab (i.e. with Shield+Attack, or Grab). It feels arbitrary to have to press B to end a grab

vertical knockback that KOs around 137%
<_< That's pretty precise for an estimate

I am officially scraping the bottom of the bucket here

edit:
Cutter said:
No problem. I like going into detail on when specifically attacks start up and end and that stuff.
Just keep all that detail away from the actual important parts of the moves. I hate reading about end lag right smack in the middle of a complicated Smash Attack, it throws me off track.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Well I just did a huge update on my Oliver moveset ( on page 16 >_>, I am not desperate). I most of the text to the regular color as it was to hard to read in pink. I changed teh color of some of the headlines, changed text size as well.

Main Changes

• Removed A lot of Units and Put In Useful units
    UNits have 1-3 command option
    Units are more helpful
    Matchups added
    Is a lot easier to read, and looks more organized
    Changed Up B special a bit
    Down Tilt has been altered
    Down Air has been altered
    Side Special can also heal units
    A Small How To Use has been added
    A SMall hwo to vs has been added
    Stage is done

Overall it is nicer looking moveset. Some feed back would be nice if there are any large problems

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Looks very nice from a skim, but it says that the jab on average people deals 65 damage... >_<. Maybe you mean it KOs at sixty-five? It looks very good though.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
ED: Was a fun moveset to read ( I am a fan of the manga @__@) and it was fun how you put in his short stature in his UP Special. The transmutation circle was nice, and the wall really helped his air game. I do not know why you sorta compared him to meteknight when it came to the air. I kind of had trouble understanding his throws.
With metaknight I was referring to how quick most of his aerial moves are to come out, but they have some end lag so they aren't as spammy as things like Meta Knight's Uair.

Ed's throws in a nutshell: Press the grab button and Ed summons the spear. If he completes the animation he keeps the spear and his moveset is changed to just those grab/impale stuff he has, in addition to his movement abilities. Press B to exit out of the throw "stance" and return to Ed's regular movement.

Thanks for reading. =)

Edward: I don't care what anyone else's reaction to this is, but I consider Edward to be your best moveset ever. Copycatting Alphonse's tramsmutation circles was a pretty ballsey decision, and it works, extremely well. It's nice to have some consistancy between movesets for a change, and as a bonus, you didn't go crazy with some moves like you did with Mewthree (even the down-tilt/up-air interaction kept itself sane)
+generic compliments on creativity, organisation and readability

alright, now criticism.... erm

...hold on.. just a minute..

..darn. I can't think of anything meaningful.

I suppose your writing style could be tightened up a little bit, and it was tricky to imagine the moves you described, fitting his playstyle.

And I'm not sure why Edward can't throw his spear to end the grab (i.e. with Shield+Attack, or Grab). It feels arbitrary to have to press B to end a grab

<_< That's pretty precise for an estimate

I am officially scraping the bottom of the bucket here

edit:

Just keep all that detail away from the actual important parts of the moves. I hate reading about end lag right smack in the middle of a complicated Smash Attack, it throws me off track.
My best yet? Heck yes! :bee:

Ed's transmutation circles actually act a bit different from Al's, but overall I guess they could be considered "luigified". whee

Mewthree, crazy? I always thought of him as having mostly "simple but clever" ideas, but I don't want to argue over a MYM5 set xD. The DTilt/Uair interaction was one of my favorite parts of writing the set myself.

For Ed's throws, I think I meant for him to be able to perform his spear moves with the grab button since they are technicaly grabs and I didn't want the player to be confused when the grab button takes them out of Ed's grab-stance. I'll try to make it clearer.

I think it gets old reading KO percents as multiples of 5 all the time. I did that to spice things up. ;)

Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. I was a little nervous about this set towards the end, so hearing stuff like this makes it feel worth it. =)

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Naruto Uzumaki: Welcome the Number One Most Surprising Ninja, and Future Hokage!
Naruto is a ninja born in the Leaf Village with the 9 Tailed Fox hidden inside him. His father was sacrificed in doing this to save the village. Since then he’s been loathed and ignored by most adults and children. In order to be recognized he played pranks whenever he can, and he trains as hard as he can to one day become Hokage. Soon after graduation he forged bonds with his teammates and teachers, and with his tendancy to be surprising and his will to never give up, Naruto not only grows stronger, he changes the personality of others, even those who seem hopelessly lost. In the present, he is a formidable ninja who recently saved his village from complete destruction, as he tries his hardest to rescue his first friend, Sasuke, from the darkness.

Stats:

Power: 7/10
Strong in both the close range and long range department.
Speed: 5/10
About Mario Fast
Dash: 6/10
Fast as...Mario I suppose
Walk speed: 7/10
He's the impatient type.
Jump: 5/10
High as Mario
Air jump: 7/10
High as ZSS
Recovery: Varies, from 1/10 to 6/10
Weight: 6/10
Wolf weight
Size: 7/10 (About Sheik’s height)
Range: 3/10
Close range fighter for the most part.
Priority: 4/10
Fall speed: 5/10
Fast as...Mario...
Roll speed: 6/10
Fast as...Wario?
Traction: 8/10
Crouch: 8/10
Aerial movement: 6/10
DI=Insane. A testament in his tendency to never give up.

Wall jump: Yes
Wall cling: Yes
Crawling: Yes
Gliding: No

Other
Can walk on walls and ceilings for 10 seconds
Can walk on water for 10 seconds

Playstyle Overview

He’s a close range maniac. He does have his shuriken and kunai but close range is how he gets most of his work done. He also needs to rely on his clones. Not only it reduces the damage done, but it is essential for them to do attacks and recover. His clones are most surprising because it’s the only one that couldn’t be detected by the Dspecial animation, simply because he actually creates clones that mix up with the replacement. His air game is below average, very low priority, and doesn’t lead up to much. His ground game, however, is legendary. Both Rasengan and Fuuton: Rasengan deal serious damage and knockback. His Utilt, dash attack, and Usmash area all great set ups. His wind chakra in some of his moves breaks shields more easily.

The Shadow Clones are an essential part of his game. Immediately the clones take half damage from Naruto, something that should be abused. He can make up to 3 clones. They create extensions to attacks, make them stronger, and can be used to trick enemies. This allows for multiple options, giving you more chances to surprise your opponent. For instance, you do your dash attack. Your opponent then air dodges for the incoming clone attack... except it doesn't come. This allows for a face full of RASENGAN. The clones guarantees true combos are low percentages, making Naruto a quick damage racker. Another use of the shadow clones is the replacement technique. With it you could lure and surprise tour opponents into a KO. You could lure your enemy to an item then buffer an attack at the right moment. Or if you hate campers, cancel your technique while they are camping and punish by surprise. They are many more uses to the shadow clone, it is up to you to find them, and become a player Naruto would deem worthy of being at top.

In short, he’s average in speed, but his close range ground game is devastating, and with a little deception, Naruto is not one to mess with.

Animations:

Standard Pose: Stands straight up with is right hand on his hip
Idle Pose: Adjusts his headband, and scratches his chin
Walking: Just a regular walk
Running: A normal jog
Dashing: He bends down slightly, knees slightly bent, with his arms flailing behind
Jump #1: He bends and jumps with his right arm raised up
Back Jump 1: He jumps with his forearms readied for defense
Jump #2: He does a single forward flip
Back Jump 2: He does a single backflip with his legs extended
Crouching: He lays low on the floor, just like snake.
Crawling: Like Snake, but movements are more exaggerated.
Ledge Hanging: His right hand grabs the ledge while he looks down.
Swimming: He does it breast stroke style
Forward Roll: Looks like the roll that you would do falling from a high place.
Backward Roll: He flips back, lands on his hands, and flips again.
Spot Dodge: He does an on the spot replacement technique
Air Dodge: He dodges towards the screen. So if a projectile passes by you wouldn’t see it when it’s behind him.
Shield: He grabs his kunai and does a standard guard position, hands up and ready.
Tripped: He flies in the air for an instant and lands face first.
Entrance: He shushins into the stage with a small tornado gust and leaves going around him with kunai in his hands and a scroll on his mouth.
Dizzy: He has one head on his head and mutters “what happened?”
Sleeping: He snores loudly laying completely flat, arms and legs all spread out. There’s a 1/100 chance that he mutters either “Hinata”, “Sakura”, or “Sasuke”
Get up forward roll: He gets up and does like 10 spins near parallel to the ground. He does this against Neji
Get up back roll: Same as above but backwards. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6AbCnRV_Fg at 2:06)

Attacks
Jab- “Ha! This is nothing”
Standard procedure: He punches twice with each hand and then he spins and does a kunai slash that pushes the enemy away. Close range (2, 2, 4). With clones, the kunai slash is replaced with running kicks, one per clone each doing 4%, low priority for all but the kunai slash.

Forward Tilt- “Stay away!”
Text book standard kick: He does a forward click like Mario does. Mid range, low knockback, medium priority. Set up and ending lag same as Mario's Ftilt. (8)

UTilt – “Hiya!”
Uzumaki High Jump Kick: He does a high kick like he does against Kiba. He yells out “ORAA” Short range, medium knock back, kills Mario at 150% (10). Medium priority, lag and start up similar to Wolf's utilt.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH3t3UkxU1M at 7:42)

DTilt- “HAHA you fell!”
Standard Low Kick: He does a simple drop kick similar to Lucarios. Short range, low knockback, capable of tripping. Low priority. (6)

Dash “I’ll introduce you to the Uzumaki combo!”

Uzumaki Start up: He slides then does an upward kick. Good for setting up combos. Medium range from start of attack (9) If done with at least one clone the clone will jump up and do an axe kick dealing an extra 9%. It can spike. Low priority. Fairly quick.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx7DuYZ_TVo at 6:44)

FSmash- “Rasengan!”
Rasengan:

Can only be done if he has a shadow clone made. The clone rapidly moves his hands on the real one’s right hand and creates a chakra ball of swirling chakra. Of course he yells out the attack name. Close range, but devastating if hit. Multihits cannot be DI’ed off from it. Takes one second to charge up. Knockback is straight forward and it could be angled up for max knockback. Kills Mario uncharged at 95%, 75% fully charged (3,3,3,3,3,7. Add 1% each for fully charged). Each clone takes out .25 second of start up, down to .5 second. With multiple clones, a fully charged Fsmash makes the ball considerably larger, which kills at 50%. Very high priority.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJR3-1gd9zE)

USmash- “I just love this move!”
Standing Uzumaki Combo Start up:
http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn...naruto/uploads/180px-Uzumaki_Naruto_Combo.jpg
He bends low, puts one hand on the ground and does a straight up kick with incredible force. Tough to hit a grounded enemy. Very quick (start up is same as Kirby’s), high priority.. Kills Mario at 130%, 115% fully charged (17 uncharged, 21 fully charged) Looks same as dash attack but more emphasized. With a clone an axe kick could be done, dealing 6%, low priority. With another clone, another high kick could be done, with less knockback than the original, dealing 6%, and low priority. Start up and lag similar to Peach's Usmash.

DSmash-“I hope you don’t become sliced meat, hehe”
Uzumaki Demon Wind Slice: He gathers wind chakra in both his hands, does a spin, bends down and throws his arms down and away. Green wind chakra is seen going diagonally downards and has similar range to Link’s Dsmash. This attack breaks shields more easily. Very high priority. Start up and lag is same as Lucario’s. Kills Mario at 120%, 105% fully charged. (15, 20 fully charged).
(not the same but: ah help me find it)

Nair- “This move is just like that one from the movies!”

Standard aerial kick: He does a regular sex kick that was once shown in a manga chapter cover. Short range, medium to low knockback (10, 4)

Fair- “Welcome to the end of the Uzumaki combo!”

Uzumaki Combo Finisher:

He does a vicious axe kick that was used against Kiba. His full body is in motion for the best effect. It spikes if the attack hits from below. It hits at a 45 degree angle if it hits from above. Start up and lag is similar to Mario’s AFA High knockback, very short range. A grounded opponent spike hit kills at 150%. The non spike hit kills at 135% (14). If you have two clones at the ground then they will perform a weaker version of the rasengan, dealing 10% and kills at 150%, but DI messes this up.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx7DuYZ_TVo at 6:52)

Uair- “You can’t get me from above”

Falling upward Kick: He leans back and kicks twice with each leg. Looks similar to Lucario’s AUA. Short range, medium knock back (5,7)

Dair- “Now die!”
Kunai Downward Stab: He takes out a kunai, holds it with both hands, and swings hit down viciously. It spikes if it’s sweetspotted. Start up and lag is same as Diddy’s Medium knock back. (13 if sweetspotted, 9 if not)

Bair- “Can’t sneak up on me either!”

Uzumaki Swirl Kick: He spins to his enemy and does a kick with his right foot. Medium knockback. Afterwards he spins back to the original direction he’s facing. (10) With a clone, the clone will turn around and perform a swinging kick, dealing 6%. Low priority all hits, fairly quick.

Get up attack 1- “Stay away”

He stands up with a kunai and stabs at both direction, starting with the back. (5)

Get up attack 2- “Oh, whoops!”
He does a trip kick in front and behind him. Could trip enemies (4)

Ledge attack <100%- “Ha, got ya!”

He hops up and does an upper cut (7)

Ledge attack >100%- “rrraah!”

He gets up low on the ground then does a kunai slash (5)

Throws

Grab: He attempts a grab by using both his arms, like Snake does.

Grab attack: He punches them in the face (1,2)

Fthrow- “You want to land?”

He bends over and throws them, similar to Chouji’s in his battle against the fatso sound guy. Low knockback (6)

Dthrow-“Take this!”
He throws them down and does an axe kick. Medium knock back. Kills at 180% (9)

Bthrow- “Ha!”

He throws them behind then does a jumping kick at them. Medium knock back. Kills at 190% (8)

Uthrow- “I’ll show you!”
He throws his enemy up and does an Uzumaki Combo Starter. Good set up throw, low knock back. With a clone you cuold follow up with an axe kick (5,5)

Specials
Regular Special- “Say hello to my original technique, and the most dangerous…”
“Fuuton: Rasengan!”:

To do this Naruto must have 2 clones made. One clone does a Rasengan while the other adds in Wind chakra, creating a devastating technique. Uncharged, you can barely see the chakra going around the sphere, but fully charged, it becomes Fuuton: Rasenshuriken! To charge you must hold the button. Once you let go you can run with it for a short time, around 5 max. To strike press the special button again. Uncharged it does low knockback. Fully charged a disjointed hitbox of about 2 feet in front and behind him shows up for an instant, the sphere will follow dealing damage and has incredible knockback. Both versions breaks shields more easily. Fully charged 4 seconds of charge and it kills at an amazing 39% (uncharged: 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,4. Fully charged: too many to count, ends up at 38%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic-ZsoACGyo&feature=fvw at 2:56

Forward special- “HEY! You’re opponent is me!
Shuriken/Kunai throw: This one is chargable as well. Uncharged throws a shuriken (3). ¼ second charge throws 3 shuriken (3,3,3). ½ second charge throws a kunai (5). ¾ second charge throws 3 kunai (5,5,5). 1 second charge throws one with an explosive note. Medium knockback, kills at 160% (10). 2 second charge one is thrown with several explosive notes. High knockback, kills at 130% (19). 3 second charge he releases a slice of wind (15) Highest knockback kills at 115%. All has a range of the length of final destination. It could be aimed at any direction. Higher level charges has more start up and ending lag. You could throw already thrown projectiles from the ground, including replaced objects. Any material projectiles are left on the ground, for a good reason explained later.

Up Special- “Come on clones, help me out!”

Uzumaki Clone Frog Hop: Requires at least one clone. He gets on the back of one of his clone, and yes, like a frog, gets a leap of air. Distance roughly equals to one Fire Bird. If there are 2 or 3 he can do this action 2 or 3 times. Does no damage. If he does this with out any clones, he looks behind, yells out CRAP, and swings his legs and attempts to fly. \he doesn’t go into his helpless state, and he could attack after using it.

DSpecial- “Ah my favorite, Shadow Clone Jutsu!”

Shadow Clones: For each second of charge summons one shadow clone, up to three. One shadow clone is able to take 9% of damage before it is dispelled and it is divided by the number of clones. For 3 clones each can only take 3% of damage before poofing. The real one takes half the damage. It’s possible to attack the real one from behind. It’s rare that Naruto is knocked out of stage with his clones so he must make them before recovering. The real Naruto mimics the knockback. If he does this technique with any object below him, one of the clones will be a replacement. The clone is made using the object and the real one replaces the object by a transformation. The replacement can take a certain amount of damage depending on the object. The most is 25% using the Golden Hammer and it could go as low as 3%. The speed is the same, but knockback and damage of his attacks are lessened by ¼. Once the replacement is destroyed the transformed object reappears and you could buffer any ground attack or special. The transformed objects may be held or thrown. The transformation can be cancelled at any time by putting the same input, but it must be tapped. If held he’ll just make another shadow clone or make another replacement. Yes, the replacement could be replaced, up to 3 times, pissing off everyone. If the replaced object is thrown away you will die, so it’s important that you keep your enemy busy and lure them away from the object. At the same time luring them towards the object could lead to unexpected traps. If the replacement dies, the death explosion still comes, but the poof sound that normally is heard when the real one transforms back isn’t heard, so pay attention to surroundings. All ninja have a replacement technique that’s similar in general, but some others have their own quirks.

Final Smash: He has 2, and it depends on his percentage.

From 0%-199%
Sage Mode- “You’re dead now…”
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/430/01/
His clothes changes to that he used again Pain, but his regular clothes gets changed as well. He begins by taking out a large scroll, summons a Naruto, and then the clone poofs. A large amount of Sage chakra surges into Naruto and his eyes changes. Welcome to your doom.

In this mode a few of his attacks are replaced, but all of his attacks gain a Lucario like property of extra range, but it is even greater. Damage is increased by 1.5, and knockback is greatly increased. He rarely takes hitstun and takes .5 of the damage and knockback. All his jumps are increased and his run speed rivals Sonic’s, and his attack speed rivals Metaknight’s. His throws KO easily now. Overtime he actually heals 20% in total. This lasts for 16 seconds. Here are the major changes in attacks.

Regular B: Thrown Rasenshuriken:

Charge properties and looks are similar, but the amount of chakra and the power of it has increased greatly. The throw is deathly fast, has a range of FD. The closer you are when you are hit, the greater the damage and knockback. Once you are hit, you are with the sphere until the attack is over. Uncharged the most damage one can take is 18% which kills at 100%. Fully charged max damage is 65%, and it a one hit KO.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/432/04/

Shadow Clones: Not only these clones attack as a level 9 CPU, you can make as many as 10 of them! All retain the qualities of Sage Naruto although the knockback and speed are more similar to a regular one. All can take 10% of damage before being poofed. However if one is too close when that happens, a large amount of wind chakra enhanced by the sage chakra hits them, killing at 120%.

Rasengan: Now it’s HUGE! Very large hitbox, top tier priority, kills quickly. Uncharged, 5,5,5,5,5,10. Kills at 80%. Fully Charged: add one per hit. Kills at 20%.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/431/10/

From 200% and on
4 Tail Naruto- “RRRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRRRRRR!!!!!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sFaJFuZTUM
He screams in agony on his knees, hands on his head. Quickly he goes through 3 tails until his 4th, at that time his body transforms to that shown when he went against Orochimaru. He lets out a loud roar. Welcome to your nightmare.

Most of his attacks remain the same, and he receives the same range and knockback boost as the Sage mode, except that it’s red. Instead of recovering damage, he gains 20% damage overtime. This lasts for 16 seconds as well. Any one who touches him receive poison damage. Every attack has poison properties. He takes no knockback and any attack that touches gets knocked back. Any disjointed attack gets clanged. Here are the major changes in attacks

Regular B: Chakra Blast:

Chargable. Naruto raises his head and lets one go. If charged he creates a ball that condenses. Uncharged he blasts one from his mouth a small chakra ball that flies at high speeds (10). Fully charged he eats it up, and inflates, but the end result is devastating. It starts out as a large ball of condensed chakra, but once it hits someone or something… you’re done. The range of attack is similar to that of Mario’s Final Smash. All that are unlucky enough to get caught by hit receive damage until it’s over. It’s a one hit KO. (Too many hits to count, ends up at 50%)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWrG9cNKYNE&feature=related starting at 4:50)

Forward B: Extendable Kyuubi Arm: With this move an arm made up of Kyuubi chakra is made. The direction can be controlled and it could go on forever. It’s possible to grab multiple opponents. Once grabbed, you can attack with a crushing grip, you can throw it with high knockback (kills at 100%) or you can direct it to any KO zone. You can end it by jumping or shielding or you can create another hand quickly on the current hand with the same button input. You can do this at many times as you want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWrG9cNKYNE&feature=related starting from 1:20ish

Shadow Clones: Changes are same as the Sage mode, except once exploded, it dishes out a red explosion that deals the same knockback and damage, but with poison imbedded.

USpecial: Kyuubi Arm Tether:
This can be used as a recovery or as an aerial grab. Once grabbed it is inescapable. You can move it and if you press B you can throw it down. It is an automatic meteor KO.

Forward Smash: Explosive Rasengan:

The Rasengan is colored purple, but after the final sphere hit, and huge explosion just as large as the fully charged chakra blast. Uncharged (4,4,4,4,4,8,too many to count, 10: Total=48% Fully charged: 5,5,5,5,5,10, too many to count, 15. Total: 65%).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMpYlIVRGhI at 6”19

Grab: His grab range is greatly extended thanks to the Kyuubi arm. Each second held adds 3% damage.

Taunts (regular/Sage)
Up: He does a Tiger Wood like fist pump and jumps. “YEEEEEAAAH!”
Down: He closes his eyes and gives a thumb up. Gives out a small “Hehe”
Left or Right: He extends his right arm out, fist closed and says “I will never go back on my word! That’s my ninja way!!

Taunts (Kyuubi)
Up: Similar to Wolf’s howl, but he screams instead
Down: He goes on all fours, and roars
Left or Right: He leans back a bit, then he lets out a loud and picture distorting scream.

Win pose 1: He raises his right arm high, and then he drops it and clenches it, beside his chest looking serious.
Win Pose 2: He creates multiple clones, throwing the real one up and catching him while they comment happily.
Win Pose 3: He looks banged up, gives a thumb up, and falls forward.
Loss pose: He looks banged up, happily clapping for his opponent.

Win Pose Sasuke: Ha! Guess who’s better now!
Win Pose Sakura: Hey! Since I won, I should take you out on a date! Sakura: Get real Naruto *punches him on top of the head*
Win Pose Kakashi: Kakashi, is it me or are you getting old, hehe.
Win Pose Jiraiya: Well, I guess I’m better than you now, Ero-Sennin.
Win Pose Tsunade: Hey granny! Go back to your office before the paperwork gets too big!
Win Pose Orochimaru: Don’t you dare mess with Sasuke again, ever!
Win Pose Itachi: Just… Just why did you do it?
Win Pose Gaara: Man, now I got sand in my shoes…
Win Pose Haku: I’m glad we met again, as friends.
Win Pose Deidara: Hey, you could take your clay and shove it up yours! Hmmm!
Win Pose Kimimaru: Hey, I don’t think you’re that bad.

Yes I’ll try to do all of these characters later on, unless there’s a limit.

Winning theme:
A guitar background sound combined with the tune that starts at :18 on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4kqETOnQlg).

Kirby hat: Yellow hair spiking up with a Konoha headband.

Colors: Orange (regular)
Blue
Red
Yellow
Green
Purple

Snake codec:
Snake: Hey, who’s the crazy looking kid with yellow hair?
Mei-Ling: Ah, that’s Naruto from the Leaf Village. He’s a very dangerous ninja.
Snake: How so? He looks clueless to me.
Mei-Ling: Maybe, but once he starts, he is brilliant. He has many powerful attacks, and he’s unpredictable. He is called the Number One Surprising Ninja for a reason.
Snake: And what is that reason.
Mei-Ling: Well, one time he won by farting against an opponent with an enhanced sense of smell. Those kinds of surprises and one more; his inept ability to change people for the better.
Snake: Heh, I hope he does that to you so you could fall for me.
Mei-Ling: Ha! Keep wishing Snake!

Wiimote sound: “Hehe”

Unlock message: Naurto, the number one most surprising ninja and future Hokage has joined your ranks.

Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d4aov0aSFk&feature=related

Trophy descriptions

Naruto

He is a ninja who lives in the Leaf Village. He was born with a monster, the Nine Tailed Fox, inside him whom his father sacrificed himself to save the village. He lived a lonely and painful life early on, but soon gained many comrades and close friends. He has trained and become a very strong ninja with his will and perseverance. With moves like the Rasengan and Shadow Clones, Naruto is a beast at close range. Even more unique is his ability to surprise others, for example, he is known to change the personalities of cold blooded killers into those who care of others.

Final Smash (Sage mode)

After an intense training session of sitting down still, Naruto receives an immense power boost. By combining the nature chakra to his physical and spiritual chakras, a new, stronger chakra is born within him. Naruto is now faster, stronger, more resistant, and even feels better. All of his moves have extended range after learning frog katas. His most devastating moves have gotten even stronger. It is this transformation that allowed him to defeat Pain, the one who wields Riinegan, the strongest eyes.

Final Smash (Kyuubi)

When in deep pain and agony, the beast inside of gets unleashed. He receives a great boost in all categories, but it hurts him due to the poison like nature of the chakra. He is able to summon an extendable hand, so you are busy at all times. His strongest moves now have devastating after effects. His new move, the chakra blast, could be a one hit KO! It is rumored that once fully unleashed; the Nine Tails could destroy mountains, create tsunamis and earthquakes… and potentially destroy a village.

Extra:

The Mini Mushroom transforms Naruto into the pre-time skip Naruto. The Super Mushroom transforms him into future Naruto, reference the first picture.

I'll add photos, colorfication, and some reorginization tomorrow.

EDIT: Colors, added info, additions to some attacks and pictures!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Snake codec:
Chun Li: Ah, that’s Naruto from the Leaf Village. He’s a very dangerous ninja.
Chun Li: Maybe, but once he starts, he is brilliant. He has many powerful attacks, and he’s unpredictable. He is called the Number One Surprising Ninja for a reason.
Chun Li: Well, one time he won by farting against an opponent with an enhanced sense of smell. Those kinds of surprises and one more; his inept ability to change people for the better.
Chun Li: Ha! Keep wishing Snake!
Revolver Ocelot: Want me to destroy those tapes I made for you?
Liquid: Don't be hasty now. Not until I see those 'Patriots' pummeled to dust!
Snake: *gets knocked down*
Liquid: YES! YES!

Yeah...it's actually Mei-Ling, Chun Li's from Street Fighter dude xD

As far as the set goes, it could -REALLY- use some colors; a white wall of text is really an eyesore. Regardless, welcome to MYM ^_^

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Naruto is absolutely a mess to read. Please, if you're not done, but need to take a break, copy it and save it to a word document.

Most of the moves seem a little bland, especially for a character with as mystical and diverse power as Naruto. I also have to ask how the player knows which one they are in shadow clone, and the numbers at the end of each move don't actually correspond to anything as far as I can tell.

There isn't anything in each move about priority or lag. Also, note before you start how shadow clones pertain to actual play, they're clearly important to his playstyle.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the editting hasn't been transferred yet, and I still need to work on it.

Yeah it does seem bland, maybe I'll add some pizzaz with descrption, but what can I do? I just took a look at Naruto and created a moveset.

The real one is always at the back. If he transformed into an object then you gotta remember which one.

I'll add more to the overview, such has combobility, aerial capability and strategies. And of course the shadow clones. Maybe I'll add some pizzaz by incorporating the shadow clones more into the moveset.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Thanks for including Heatran in ED HR! Im very happy to see you liked it! :bee:

I've decided to take it upon myself to review a set that was edited:

OLIVER by kirbywizard:
I decided to review a set that got some fixes to it. Hope this helps:

With Oliver, first of all, when scrolling down the set, I see stats. At first he looks like a broken character, but hmmm, I shall see the moves...

After the stats, I like that you explained Oliver's weapon, it makes it clear for those like me who have never laid a finger on a Fire Emblem game. The stat names are funny,though the "Trip" name needs to be upsized to match the other animation names (Minor comment).
"Specials filled With Beauty Pills" I find that very funny for a specials name, I must say.

Down Special: So, you're trying to use countering from FE? This counter looks a bit too broken, I think, because Ike and Marth's counter's are not that strong. Also, the poison effect needs a bit of detail unless you are referring to Olimar's pikmin poisoning. You could have a time during the one second where Oliver is not in the counter phase like Marth and Ike's counter, maybe give the counter some ending lag that would punish Oliver, otherwise I think this attack is a bit too broken even though Oliver could be prone to a grab.

Side Special: Few typos here, such as the full stop at the end of "healing priority" and you could maybe try moving the full stop at the end of the 1st paragraph of this attack (Minor fix, just to tell you). At the start of the second paragraph, "How ever" needs to be connected. I think that this attack is BROKEN, unless the "ten times per stock" counts for the 1st version of the attack. Even then, it still seems broken in my opinion. I would say that Oliver should only be able to heal himself, but have the 10 use limit and some lag to punish him. Aside from all that, I like the attack name!

Up Special: I don't see anything wrong with this attack. Like it.

Neutral Special: For the first part, you could try paragraphing the detail of the attack and the soldier's details seperately, though this is minor as well. With the general unit, support, I see minor typo. "The General throw the spear", needs "s" after the throw. Also this attack does not have a damage percentage on it (Neither does attack, so I assume that all of The General's attacks do 13%).

Standard A: Need to change "Close to Oliver" to too. Hmmm.. Thats enough of my typo inspection. There's no point to it. Anyway, there is a great idea you have going for this but I think it is too good for a standard A move. If it was a smash, It would be A-OK. (The healing is WAY TOO GOOD)

Tilts: I think the d-tilt is broken, that you can tap the A button to do 5% for each, though I guess that its like a normal pummel. Nothing wrong with the tilts in my case.

Aerials:
N-air: You could maybe organise the first part that has little to do with the set (Sorry if i sound mean, but it would make the set easier to read). "For his Nair attacks opens his arms". You mean he opens his arms, right? Still, nice move.
F-air: edit colour at the end of the attack, but this is a very fun move, it is also very unique. I like this move.
B-air: (Edit : right at the start of the attack) A nice balanced move, I can see this being like ROB's b-air in a way.
D-air: Change land into "lands", but it looks like fun.
U-air: Nice attack.

Grab:
Pummels: These kind of need to have seperate speed ratings, or limits (Such as releasing an enemy that you grab) becuase Oliver's grabs are too powerful in my eyes. If you do that, Its all OK! I do like the multiple options for a pummel however.
Throws: (B-throw, diagonal is spelt wrong, along with itself, the spacing, never mind me). These throws themselves are pretty good, very balanced.

Smashes:
F-smash: Unless this does not have a damage percentage, you need to add a damage perecentage to the attack.
Down-smash: A unique attack. A very good move in my view, the charging time is kept in balance with all of Oliver's other attacks.
Up-Smash: I think this attack does not have a said effect when charging further. Also, I don't understand what is meant by belly-rolling, can Oliver move around as usual? Good smash but mildly broken, I think.

No need to complain about situationals.

Final Smash: It could be similar to Peach's FS where you can still move if you are in the air when the FS is activated, maybe give the enemies a chance to survive (Then again Sonic has no mercy either...). I guess that this does not matter. Like the top derscription about the final smash though.

Funny codec taunt.

cool stage.

Overall, Im sorry If I complain about broken attacks and typos. What I have said is of my view of what can be improved, and what I liked.

The one thing I did LOVE a lot in this set were the funny names for the attacks, I think its the best thing in the set of all to me.

Now, today I leave while being furthermore educated about Fire Emblem...

Akiak

Smash Ace
Well I just read Ed HR: Nice job. This isn't one of your best works, but some original moves make up for it. I liked the grab process as well as the Down B.
One problem: I didn't fully understand the Neutral B. What does"doing attacks from the circle" mean?

Apart from that this moveset is great although it may miss that Hyper touch that makes your sets so enjoyable.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Oliver: I typically don't read movesets until they have been completely finished, so for now I'm just skimming.
I noticed, though that you have your beauty lists arranged vertically;

When I would consider it neater to arrange them horizontally;

This can kill mario at around 65% damage
Mario can't be hit by this attack, so it logically follows that this attack cannot KO Mario at any percentage.
It's misleading to use the Mario measurement standard, when Mario can't be hit by the attack

n88

Smash Lord
I think it's acceptable to use Mario as a standard for an attack that can't hit Mario. Otherwise, things get kinda confusing. Imagine a moveset that said things like:

F-TIlt:

Blah, Blah, Blah... This KO's Bowser at 95%

Some Other Move:

This KO's ZSS at 85%.

Some other move:

This KO's Pit at 90%.

You get the point. Making all attacks refer to Mario gives a standard, so the knockback can be compared to that of other attacks.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@Edward: HOLY CRAP! FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST IS SO AWESOME!!!
Seriously though, that is one awesome moveset HR. It's one of my favourites in the contests so far as well. I honestly never thought about a few of the moves back when i made Edward in the last MYM. Edward has tons of creativity, and overall a great set. :bee:

@Naruto: It looks like a nice newcomer moveset, but really..like everyone else said, it could use some more color. Otherwise, welcome to MYM :bee:
Also, as a fellow Naruto fan of the manga, is this moveset based on the young Naruto, or Shippuden one?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Revolver Ocelot: Want me to destroy those tapes I made for you?
Liquid: Don't be hasty now. Not until I see those 'Patriots' pummeled to dust!
Snake: *gets knocked down*
Liquid: YES! YES!
this should have been Bison's taunt.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
OLIVER by kirbywizard:
I decided to review a set that got some fixes to it. Hope this helps:

With Oliver, first of all, when scrolling down the set, I see stats. At first he looks like a broken character, but hmmm, I shall see the moves...

After the stats, I like that you explained Oliver's weapon, it makes it clear for those like me who have never laid a finger on a Fire Emblem game. The stat names are funny,though the "Trip" name needs to be upsized to match the other animation names (Minor comment).
"Specials filled With Beauty Pills" I find that very funny for a specials name, I must say.

Ah thanks for that, I find Oliver a rather funny character so I wanted to keep his moves funny as well.

Down Special: So, you're trying to use countering from FE? This counter looks a bit too broken, I think, because Ike and Marth's counter's are not that strong. Also, the poison effect needs a bit of detail unless you are referring to Olimar's pikmin poisoning. You could have a time during the one second where Oliver is not in the counter phase like Marth and Ike's counter, maybe give the counter some ending lag that would punish Oliver, otherwise I think this attack is a bit too broken even though Oliver could be prone to a grab.

Ah, ok I should make a small section after the stats saying what the poisoning effect does in detail. Also yeah I guess it does sound kinda broke, and I like your idea about giving it some ending lag :ohwell:

Side Special: Few typos here, such as the full stop at the end of "healing priority" and you could maybe try moving the full stop at the end of the 1st paragraph of this attack (Minor fix, just to tell you). At the start of the second paragraph, "How ever" needs to be connected. I think that this attack is BROKEN, unless the "ten times per stock" counts for the 1st version of the attack. Even then, it still seems broken in my opinion. I would say that Oliver should only be able to heal himself, but have the 10 use limit and some lag to punish him. Aside from all that, I like the attack name!

I only want to have Oliver to be able to heal his units only up to ten times each stock. I don't want to have Oliver to be able to heal himself so easily :ohwell:. I will try to make some changes to make this less broken. Thank for checking for typos :laugh:

Up Special: I don't see anything wrong with this attack. Like it.

Neutral Special: For the first part, you could try paragraphing the detail of the attack and the soldier's details separately, though this is minor as well. With the general unit, support, I see minor typo. "The General throw the spear", needs "s" after the throw. Also this attack does not have a damage percentage on it (Neither does attack, so I assume that all of The General's attacks do 13%).

Yeah it does only 13% ( I have to put that), and yeah I will organize it a bit more.

Standard A: Need to change "Close to Oliver" to too. Hmmm.. Thats enough of my typo inspection. There's no point to it. Anyway, there is a great idea you have going for this but I think it is too good for a standard A move. If it was a smash, It would be A-OK. (The healing is WAY TOO GOOD)

Luz I want to keep it as his standard A move.

Tilts: I think the d-tilt is broken, that you can tap the A button to do 5% for each, though I guess that its like a normal pummel. Nothing wrong with the tilts in my case.

I don't really find it to broken, but I should but some good amount of end lag to even it out.

Aerials:
N-air: You could maybe organize the first part that has little to do with the set (Sorry if i sound mean, but it would make the set easier to read). "For his Nair attacks opens his arms". You mean he opens his arms, right? Still, nice move.

Again thanks for checking my typos :laugh:

F-air: edit colour at the end of the attack, but this is a very fun move, it is also very unique. I like this move.
B-air: (Edit : right at the start of the attack) A nice balanced move, I can see this being like ROB's b-air in a way.
D-air: Change land into "lands", but it looks like fun.
U-air: Nice attack.

Grab:
Pummels: These kind of need to have seperate speed ratings, or limits (Such as releasing an enemy that you grab) becuase Oliver's grabs are too powerful in my eyes. If you do that, Its all OK! I do like the multiple options for a pummel however.

Ah really, the last thing I was expecting was his pummel to be broken :confused:. But I should check on that. The way you say it does make it sound broken

Throws: (B-throw, diagonal is spelt wrong, along with itself, the spacing, never mind me). These throws themselves are pretty good, very balanced.

Smashes:
F-smash: Unless this does not have a damage percentage, you need to add a damage perecentage to the attack.

O darn I missed that :mad:

Down-smash: A unique attack. A very good move in my view, the charging time is kept in balance with all of Oliver's other attacks.
Up-Smash: I think this attack does not have a said effect when charging further. Also, I don't understand what is meant by belly-rolling, can Oliver move around as usual? Good smash but mildly broken, I think.

I should clear this up. Oliver can roll to the left or right as The Raven King attacks from above.

No need to complain about situationals.

Final Smash: It could be similar to Peach's FS where you can still move if you are in the air when the FS is activated, maybe give the enemies a chance to survive (Then again Sonic has no mercy either...). I guess that this does not matter. Like the top derscription about the final smash though.

His beauty is so great nothing survives his FS

Funny codec taunt.

cool stage.

Overall, Im sorry If I complain about broken attacks and typos. What I have said is of my view of what can be improved, and what I liked.

Nah I really appreciate it that you actually left such a big review on my moveset. That way I can review my set and try to edit the lacking or over powered areas.

The one thing I did LOVE a lot in this set were the funny names for the attacks, I think its the best thing in the set of all to me.

I tried :laugh:

Now, today I leave while being furthermore educated about Fire Emblem...
Comments in Bold

When I would consider it neater to arrange them horizontally;
Great Idea :bee:

Darkslash

Smash Master
Snake codec:
Chun Li: Ah, that’s Naruto from the Leaf Village. He’s a very dangerous ninja.
Chun Li: Maybe, but once he starts, he is brilliant. He has many powerful attacks, and he’s unpredictable. He is called the Number One Surprising Ninja for a reason.
Chun Li: Well, one time he won by farting against an opponent with an enhanced sense of smell. Those kinds of surprises and one more; his inept ability to change people for the better.
Chun Li: Ha! Keep wishing Snake!
Chun Li: YOU KILLED MINE!
Snake: Yes, yes I killed your Father!
What is it with you women any ways?
I killed my father too and you don't hear me whining about it!

Its a great start, but a single color being a Wall of text isn't good, its hard to read. Try to also separate sections with sizes so we know what the attack is, whats the name and so forth.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Well I feel my Oliver moveset is complete I mean when I first posted the moveset it had everything that was needed. Now everything is there, a stage with some good Fire Emblem Music. An awesome assist trophy has been added as well. Pictures have been added to the Down and Up smash. But here are the main changes

Pummels have been a little nerfed so they can not rack up insane damage so quickly

Neutral Special has been organized a bit

Side Special has been reduced in damage.

Dtitl has been reduced in damage

Beauty Chart has been changed a bit so it doesn't stretch the post

UPsmash has been explained a little better

Dash Attack has been renames to better fit Oliver

Nair has been renamed

Standard A has been kept the same

Poison Effect has been defined

Nose Break has been added after poison effect.

A few other minor things.

Well I tried my best with this moveset and I feel that it is complete. I might put a change or two but they won't be big.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I think it's acceptable to use Mario as a standard for an attack that can't hit Mario. Otherwise, things get kinda confusing. Imagine a moveset that said things like:

F-TIlt:

Blah, Blah, Blah... This KO's Bowser at 95%

Some Other Move:

This KO's ZSS at 85%.

Some other move:

This KO's Pit at 90%.

You get the point. Making all attacks refer to Mario gives a standard, so the knockback can be compared to that of other attacks.
I agree, though if it can't hit Mario then I think a note should be made in the move to claify. Heck, I did this exact thing with Ed xD

Kirbywizard gets +10 respect points from me for putting so much work into revising the set based on everyone's suggestions. It's nice to see someone who's so passionate about their work that they want to make it the best that it can be. =D

n88

Smash Lord
Yeah, you probably should put a note in.

That's a lot of work to put into one set, kirbywizard. You get kudos, brownie points, and cake. Although I think Wario should be classfied in his own tier of ugliness named "Uglier than a Butt-Ugly Martian", you probably shoouldn't add that in. The only serious gripe I have with the set is the Down Special being another counter from an FE character.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Yeah, you probably should put a note in.

That's a lot of work to put into one set, kirbywizard. You get kudos, brownie points, and cake. Although I think Wario should be classfied in his own tier of ugliness named "Uglier than a Butt-Ugly Martian", you probably shoouldn't add that in. The only serious gripe I have with the set is the Down Special being another counter from an FE character.
Actually in all fire emblem games once a unit get attacked they counter with a atatck of their own. That is why I kept the down special as a counter. It just makes him feel more like a Fire Emblem character. That wario bit made me laugh.

Kirbywizard gets +10 respect points from me for putting so much work into revising the set based on everyone's suggestions. It's nice to see someone who's so passionate about their work that they want to make it the best that it can be. =D
Thank you all :) . I am still open for suggestion, I want to make Oliver one of the Beautiful Moveset Around :mad:

Also anyone know where the Lust Moveset is, I can not find it and I really want to see it.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
The Pokemon Syndrome is when, in a moveset for a Pokemon, the author uses attacks that the Pokemon learns that don't fit the Pokemon's character. Avoid it by asking yourself if each Pokemon attack you use is fitting, and use attacks that fit the Pokemon's character but aren't from Pokemon. See Shellder, Ekans and Jumpluff in Make Your Move 5.0 for good examples of non-Pokemon Syndrome Pokemon movesets.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
If I don't post this, I'll never do it, and it's probably not the best, but... anyway

Shadowdeth

<*> Profile <*>

This is my own original monster I created during I finished an Exam early. In this moveset, I based it as a Pokemon! This means that many of the moves are originated from Pokemon, but remember it’s also an OC, so it can have new moves that pokemon haven’t seen yet.

The Character itself, Shadowdeth, is a legendary pokemon, and is responsible for the darkness of everything, his responsible for shadows, twilight etc. practically everything that is dark and has a sinister side too, simple enough ay? Shadowdeth takes up a more ghostly appearance when it shows up in the pokemon world, his true appearance (the one above) will be in the Negative World, where everything’s blurred and is practically as dark as dark can be, no one can enter this world unless he creates the “Flip Hole”, which he enters the pokemon world from.

This is what I guess what the ideal statistics this “pokemon” would have if he was a pokemon.

Types: Psychic + Ghost
Height: 11’08 ft
Weight: 532 lbs

________ | Hp | Sp Attack | Attack | Sp Defence | Defence | Speed | Total |
Base stats|100|___135___|__90 __|___115___|___90___|__70__|_600_|

<*> Stats <*>

Strength: 8/10

Shadowdeth has quite a few KO moves he can choose from, and also pushing opponents into a bad position to ensure a KO.

General Lag of moves: 4/10

This is just under average, as most of his moves are laggy, but it doesn’t matter if you stunned the opponents with some of the moves he has.

Walking speed: 3/10

Shadowdeth walks, well slides, at a very slow pace. Pretty much no movement from the bottom halve as he moves.

Running speed: 4.5/10

This is slightly below average, not as slow as the majority of heavyweights, but is still below average.

Range: 8.5/10

Since of Shadowdeths floating hands, he can reach far distances with them, and also that Shadowdeth is a massive character as well.

Projectile Range: 8/10

The projectiles also go great distance as well.

Weight: 8/10

For his size, Shadowdeth is lighter compared to others his bulk, but is still heavy compared to the majority of characters.

Size: 9.5/10

Being as tall as Ganondorf, and also wide as well, he seems to be the perfect punch bag due to his huge size.

1st Jump: 5.5/10

This is average, nothing to noticeable other than the acceleration of this jump is faster than his fall speed

2nd Jump: 5/10

Slightly worse than the 1st jump, nothing else notable as well.

Fall Speed: 3.5/10

This is very surprising for someone his size, he falls slightly faster than Lucario and Olimar, but still is a very floaty character.

Aerial Movement: 7/10

This is above average, you wouldn’t have thought a heavy person with such a slow fall speed and great Aerial Movement now would you? Oh Wait, Wario… Darn.

Crouch: 5/10

While he’s still quite a big target, it much better than him standing up right… only for Shadowdeth to cover up a large horizontal distance instead. Shadowdeth leans back onto the floor to do this crouch.

Traction: 8/10

Shadowdeth has great traction, meaning he won’t slide for years like Weegee.

Grab range: 9/10

This is great, Shadowdeth makes his hands go forward, meaning this has huge range! Great, although some characters can simply crouch to avoid the grab-box however.

Crawl: Yes (He slivers on the floor forward o.O?)
Wall Jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Glide: No
Tether: No

<*> Specials <*>

Side Special: Psychic

Shadowdeth will turn to his right and back very quickly, and then he reaches forward with his hands 2 stage builder blocks at a decent speed. This has a bit of start-up and ending lag. If this hits the opponent, the hands will drag the opponent up close to himself, and then he mutters something in a very deep and evil voice, while his eyes and hands are glowing bright blue, and that the opponent becomes bright blue while in the grab. This ends when Shadowdeth flicks his right index finger up, which sends the opponent away. The grabs lasts for about 3 seconds. The grab does 9% and low-high horizontal knockback.
< 9% >

After the grab though, if you press side-b again, Shadowdeth will leans forward, and crosses his hands before spreading them outwards having his eyes and hands being bright blue, and the opponent will turn bright blue as well. This makes the opponent FREEZE in whatever position or place he/she’s in for 4 seconds, and then afterwards, they can move again. This has a small amount of start-up and ending lag. If the opponent is in the air when you do this, they get their second jump and recovery back. This has infinite range (basically, if they got grabbed by this, they can’t escape this) as well. This does no damage to the opponent, just an AMAZING SET-UP MOVE, and if the opponent is in the middle of recovering, an aimed Shadow Ball should be enough to KO the opponent, or on the ground follow it up with a throw. After you use the second part of this move, you can’t use side-b for 10 seconds, so follow it up without fail. The combos and mindgame you can produce simply by successfully hit the grab in is astounding, the opponent need to avoid the grab big time, or any other stunning moves.

Neutral Special: Shadow Ball

(Storage charge) Shadowdeth closes his eyes, and makes his hands to go closer to his body, and that the hands are very close to each other. Shadowdeth then opens his eyes, and then dark matter will grow in the shape of a ball with a bright white ball at the centre of the ball, which grows bigger the more you charge this up (the same size of a Samus Charge shot and the size of a Lucarios Aura Sphere uncharged). This charges to the max after 3 seconds, and will be about the same size of Mewtwos Shadow Ball back in melee. When you fully charged this, if you hold down Neutral B again, the shadow ball will show up, but will not shoot out until you release the Neutral B again. This move is also special is that it can be aimed at 8 different angles (Shadowdeths head and hands will turn to the angle you’re holding), straight up/down, left to right, and diagonally as well. This has a bit of start-up lag, and quite a bit of ending lag. Shadow Ball travels half of Final Destination (All the way of Final Destination fully charged), and at the same speed as Lucarios aura sphere as well. This does 8% (22% fully charged) and low-low diagonally upwards knockback (high-low fully charged). This also slows down his fall speed down 1.2 times more with holding this out in the air. Since this can aim at lots of different directions, you can pretty much hit an opponent if they are below the stage, recovering from above etc, combined with mid-air opponent stunned with Psychic, this can be a great finisher.
< 8 – 22% >

Up Special: Ominous Wind

The bottom half of Shadowdeth will envelop into darkness, and that from the bottom of the darkness, there is a trail of darkness falling down in a thin line. We can clearly see that a Smart Bomb radius area around Shadowdeth is darkened, and that some dark leafs travels along with the direction of the recovery (although, only for a visual effect). This is a more vertical recovery in the same trajectory as Mario (and that you can aim it more horizontally/vertically in the same way as well). This travels at a slightly faster pace than Snakes up-b. This reaches (if you don’t lean the analog stick to one side) a peak of 3.5 stage builder blocks vertically and 2.5 stage builder blocks horizontally. This has a bit of start-up, ending and landing lag, but the acceleration into the move is amazingly quick, unlike when Snakes up-b in mid-air. This DOESN’T make Shadowdeth enter free-fall, allowing to attack after it for those who didn’t know. This is a very gimpable recovery, but since Shadowdeth is so surprisingly floaty for his size.

Down Special: Changing forms

Shadowdeth look towards the screen, and raises his hands up into the air, then suddenly darkness covers his whole body, and the darkness goes into the centre of his huge size, and then forms a sphere which then opens its eyes to reveal his other form (picture below). This has quite a lot of start-up and ending lag when going and returning from this different form. This form has a number of interesting points, and has some of moves of his own. Here they are:

• Shadowdeth stays in this form for a maximum of 18 seconds, and then you can’t use it for the rest of your stock
  • Shadowdeth can exit this form again at any time (other than during his moves), and has access to the rest of the time limit until you lose a stock.
  • In this form, Shadowdeth can take a maximum of 50% before it dies and you can’t use it again until you lose a stock.
  • Shadowdeth in this form is about the size of Mario in height, and being slightly wider than Kirby
  • In this form, Shadowdeth is very light, so be wary of that.
  • However, Shadowdeth floats the entire time, and the control of how he floats is very versatile, and he moves at a semi fast paced speed as well.
  • In this form, Shadowdeth can’t pick any items up, or be affected by stat changing items/moves such as the Metal Box or Spicy Curry. By transforming as well, you get rid off the stat changes that the normal form Shadowdeth had. However, if a move by the opponent hits Shadowdeth which makes a stat buffed/nerfed and when he transforms back into his normal self, they will still be in tact.

<*> Thee Attacks <*>

Neutral A: Hypnosis

Shadowdeth closes his huge eyes tightly, and then we see a pink wave in the form of a circle come out and slowly gets bigger from the centre of his body (comes out a tiny bit further than his ghostly body). This makes opponent’s fall asleep on contact on the wave, and this has no affect on aerial opponents. This has a bit of start-up lag, and quite a small amount of ending lag, but this also has quite a long duration, so it’s quite punishable. If you hit, this is amazingly useful for the next moves below (the opponent can get out of it quicker just like any sleep inducing move):

V
V
V
V

Idle (wait what?): Nightmare

Yes, you do read that right. When you don’t do anything, Shadowdeth in this form grow bigger, to a maximum of 2 stage builder blocks wide and high. This does nothing if the opponent isn’t asleep. What this does, is that if Shadowdeth covers over the full size of the sleeping opponent (meaning if the sprite is slightly outside of his body, this won’t activate), and it quickly damages the opponent like Luigis negative zone. This does 5/6% every second, so when the opponent is at a high percentage, you can rake a lot of damage by simply doing this. It takes 4 seconds to reach full size. Remember you can get out of this at any time by pressing down-b, so when you think you raked in enough damage, you can go and try to kill the opponent.
< 5/6% damage every second >

Side Tilt: Dark Pulse

Shadowdeth sticks all of his hands to the furthest edge in front of his ghostly form, and they begin to turn pitch black with energy going in towards it. After a quite a large moment of charging, an little pitch black beam 1.2 times the size of Lucarios Force Palm beam thing shoots out of the hands at a very quick speed. This has A LOT of start-up lag, slightly less than the mighty Falcon Punch, but this has disjointed priority. This does a terrific 24% and very high horizontal knockback. This has great range as you can tell, and is slightly more useful than Falcon Punch for having more range and slightly less lag.

And you thought that this form was going to be just being a play maker of Shadowdeths awesome set-up game, but this is his strongest move. Useful you ask? Well if you can incorporate a Falcon Pawnch into your game, I think you can put a floating character with great range and the least lag out of those mighty moves.
< 24% >

Up Tilt: Curse

When Shadowdeth does this, we see pins and needles go into his ghostly state, and his eyes tell us he looks in pain. This has a bit of start-up and ending lag. Shadowdeth sacrifices 40% for this to happen. After 10 seconds, we see a random opponent randomly flash dark purple periodically, and they take 8% every 5 seconds for 25 seconds, but then they gain 1.5 times strength during the duration. Do the math. It’s high risk high reward move in a sense, 40% is a lot to give up at one time, but the opponent slowly gets dealt the same amount as that amount of damage, but with a power increase. If the opponent dies with the curse still on, the curse won’t appear when they respawn. The move below this has a somewhat connection to this one as well.
< 40% over 25 seconds >

V
V
V
V

Down Tilt: Painful Swap

Shadowdeth will raise its hands out to the very top tips off his ghostly self, and closes his eyes before releasing a red wave 1.5 times bigger than himself. If an opponent comes in contact with the red wave, Shadowdeth and the opponent will swap power buffs/nerfs with each other. This still happens if one or the other doesn’t have any stats changed, but the other has altered stats. This has a lot of start-up and ending lag. This move has a great connection with the above move, and that if you swap it with the opponent; you get the power boast, while the opponent is still taking damage at the same time, making a KO much easier when you exit this form. Well, this all depends on the situation, it’s hardly going to be useful if the opponent has nerfed stats some how. You do the math again.

<*> Standards/Tilts <*>

Neutral A: Shadow Claw

(Auto-release Charge) Shadowdeth will lean a tad back, and make his hand rise, and claw downwards quickly, leaving a black slash visual effect as he sends his hands downwards. This takes 2 seconds to fully charge, and the hand will rise higher the more you charge, the highest it being half a stage builder block higher than Shadowdeth himself. This has decent priority, but it has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag however. This also has decent range as well. This does 9% (18% fully charged) and low-high (mid-high knockback fully charged) horizontal knockback. Can be a good KO move fully charged, and surprisingly has great vertical range.
< 9 – 18% >

Dash Attack: Back Stab

As Shadowdeth dashes forward at the same speed as his dash, the bottom of Shadowdeth will be in darkness, and that he quickly goes down into the darkness as he moves. After 0.5 seconds, he’ll suddenly bursts out of thin air with darkness erupting from his entrance (for visual effect only) 2 stage builder blocks in front of his last position, and travels at high speed the opposite direction he came in with his fingers sticking out as far as possible.
This has lot of start-up and ending lag, and that the duration of this is quite long as well, but this has good range and great priority. This does 14% and mid-high horizontal knockback. If you hold down A, you can prolong this move more by a maximum of 3 seconds, so if you mix up your timing, you can punish the opponent if they spot dodge at the wrong time. Mindgames, son.
< 14% >

Forward Tilt: Night Punch

Shadowdeth leans back slightly, and takes his right hand in a fist back a bit which will have the purple flames around the wrist enlarge. Shadowdeth then leans forwards, and makes his right hand go forward, and at the peak of its range darkness erupts from the fist (only makes the opponent be covered in darkness). This has a lot of start up lag, and quite a bit of ending lag to boot. This also has decent range (one of the lowest ranged attacks he has) as well.

What makes this special, is that similar to the move “Night Shade” in the pokemon games, is that the more damage YOU HAVE, depends on how much priority and damage/knockback this does (I say similar, as Night Shade depends on how high your level is, this is to do with your current health). At 0% health (the lowest this can be), this does a miniature 8% and low-low knockback which has low priority. At 150%+, this can do a maximum of a whooping 21% and very high knockback which has great priority (this sends the opponent horizontally). This is a great KO move (at high percentages), you just have to mindgame the opponent into it, and it should do the trick.
< 8 – 21% >

Up Tilt: Phantom Flames

Shadowdeth looks towards the screen, and raises his hands upwards in a cup while tilting his head up. About the size of Kirby going upwards from the palm of his hands is an invisible flame (which bursts out when the opponent touches the area into a dark blue flame), and at the tip is smoke going upwards. This has some great range, and has disjointed priority. You can hold this out as long as you like (this automatically stops after the opponent goes into the flame), and that this has quite a bit of start-up and low ending lag. This does 9% and mid-low upwards knockback. Newcomers to play against Shadowdeth against this move will learn how big the hit-box exactly is, although since this has low ending lag, this should be used to start a juggle in the air.
< 9% >

Down Tilt: Shadow Sneak

Shadowdeth lies down while looking towards the screen in a low diagonally upwards direction and his hands will be supporting his head. We then see the lower part of his body go into the ground, and that about 1.5 stage builder blocks horizontally has darkness covering. When you do this, Shadowdeth moves about 3 stage builder blocks forwards, so this move has great range. This has a bit of start-up lag, and quite a bit of ending lag as well. Since the darkness doesn’t have a hurt-box, the darkness is disjointed, while the body has decent priority. The darkness area does 7% and low-high horizontal knockback, which also has a chance of tripping the opponent, as well as shield poking the opponent as well. Shadowdeths body does 10% and mid-low horizontal knockback. This has great range, so use this to space the opponent.
< 7/10% >

<*> Smashes <*>

Forward Smash: Heart Breaker

Shadowdeth looks down to the ground with his eyes closed, and has hands out in a cup. Shadowdeth then looks back up with his eyes up, and a dark blue heart appears in his hands, and then he pushes his hands forward, which makes the heart go out. The heart is the size of an uncharged (Fully charged when this is fully charged) Samus charge shot is uncharged. The heart moves in a jagged movement like Mewtwos Shadow Ball in Melee, and moves at about 0.75 times the speed of Luigis fireball, regardless of the charge. This also reaches the whole width of Battlefield regardless of the charge as well. When this hits the opponent, the heart will break in half, and that the opponent will grab hold of their heart (or where it should be) and be stunned similar to Zamus’s Neutral B. This does 6% (20% fully charged) and stuns the opponent for 0.3 seconds (3 seconds fully charged). This can be used to follow up against the opponent, similar to Psychic, but with more restrictions and flaws than Psychic however. But, if you combine those stunning moves altogether, you can make some combos with them.
< 6 – 20% >

Up Smash: Destiny Bond

Shadowdeth turns towards the screen, and raises his head and arms up into the sky a bit, and then a ring of dark blue flames spin around from where the hands are (which are ¾s a Kirby above his head), and they float in the same spot for 3 seconds (7 seconds fully charged). This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. What this does, is that if anyone KO’S Shadowdeth during which the floating flames which seem to do nothing automatically aims the killer, and does 20% (26% fully charged) and high-low (High-high fully charged) diagonally upwards knockback.

What this is meant to used like is that when you know you’re on you’re last legs; you can take the opponent with you just as you die. When this is successful, Shadowdeth will disappear out of the death boundary, but then stays there before releasing it’s death cry, so that if the opponent dies by it as well, both characters loses a stock at the same time. What you must remember that THIS DOES NOT WORK IF YOU SELF DESTRUCT, so if you had plans of doing this and falling off the stage, think again. Also, smart players would GRAB Shadowdeth, and hold or pummel him until the flames disappear, and then throw you, as this is the safest way of approaching a near-dead opponent. Out wit the opponent, and bait them into hitting you when you’re on you’re last legs.
< 20 – 26% >

Down Smash: Holo-cloner

Shadowdeth tilts to his right a bit, and raises his hands up into the air. His hands are now producing a pitch black blob, and the black blob gets stretched downwards to the bottom of his body, and a massive black blob is in front of himself. After 0.3 seconds, Shadowdeths hands let go off the blob, and a carbon copy of Shadowdeth this has produced, with green outlines, and a see-through body. You take control of this for 10 seconds (25 seconds fully charged) with the same moves (apart from this move) but the copied version is 1.3 times weaker and slower than his original self. The cloned version has 20% (35% fully charged) health, and then it gets destroyed. While you’re controlling the cloned one, you are vulnerable. If the real Shadowdeth gets hit, then the clone will disappear. However, there is another twist to this move. If you press the shield buttons, you take control of the real version, and leaving the cloned one to be a mid-high levelled computer to take over it for the remainder of its time left. When you take control of the original one, the computer will never charge his moves, and it will never use down-b, so if you want to prepare the cloned Shadowdeth to produce some damage or be in the transformed variation, you have to do that yourself. Remember, you can’t do this again until the current clone has died/ran out of time.

<*> Aerials <*>

Neutral Air: Psycho Barrier

Shadowdeth looks towards the screen, and has his hands facing away from Shadowdeths body, and the hands will produce a thin pink barrier from the finger tips, being about 1.5 times the size of Kirby tall. The barriers also reflect projectiles coming to Shadowdeth from the sides with 1.5 times the velocity. This has a small amount of start-up, ending and landing lag, and that the barriers has disjointed priority. The barriers do 5 multiple hits, which does a total of 14% and the last hit doing mid-low diagonally upward knockback. Also remember that Shadowdeth is vulnerable from below and above, so be wise when you use this.
< Variable damage of a maximum of 14% >

Forward Air: Haunted Drill

Shadowdeth will lie horizontally in the air, and spins around as well. In the middle of spinning, from the middle of his body to the end of his body, turns into a drill like shape (which also spins around anti-clockwise as well) which is made out of darkness. The range of this is great, no doubt due to the size of Shadowdeth himself. This does 6 multiple hits, and the final hit does knockback. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag, and little landing lag. This also has high priority as well. This does a maximum of 16% and the final hit does mid-low horizontal knockback. This leaves the darkness attribute onto the opponent when they’re hit by this. Use this to rake up quick damage, but this is also DI’able unfortunately.
< Variable damage of a maximum of 16% >

Back Air: Faintly Burst

Shadowdeth looks to his back, and from that position, his hands will go diagonally upwards a tiny bit, and his hands will opens and move the fingers around a lots, and we see the hands sparkling some dark magic. In the back ground after the hands return to Shadowdeth, a very faint black flame appears in that spot simmering forever until you do this input again. This has quite a bit of start-up lag, and a lot of ending and landing lag. The faintly ball will stay up until you lose a life.

When you do this move again, Shadowdeth will turn his head around while his body will be in a / or \ position, and then he will click his right fingers (which causes a dark flame to appear, but this is only a visual effect), and than the faintly fire will burst out and won’t be transparent, and then the faintly outline will disappear until you use this move again. This part has low start-up, ending and landing lag as well, and the fire has great priority as well. The fire is about the size of a bom-omb explosion. This does 15% and mid-high diagonally upwards knockback. This can be used for AIR CONTROL and that when the opponent crosses over the faint flame, and you can explode it on the opponent. Watch out though, it can hurt you as well. Throwing the opponent into this or chaining it after psychic is something you want to do, hell, psychics the metagame of Shadowdeth.
< 15% >

Up Air: Trick Room

Shadowdeth lets his hands go upwards (only a bit though), and the hands will be in a fist at first with a pink aura around them, and then when the hands let go off the fist, a pink spiral image will appear about the size of Bowser for 10 seconds when you do this (you can’t set-up another until the current spirals gone). This has quite a bit of start-up, ending and landing lag. The area has a lot of properties in it, such as:

• It mirrors the knockback the opponent or the user is sent when they enter this area, so if someone gets meteor smashed into it, they’ll go upwards as soon as they touch this area for example.
  • This makes floaty characters drop fast, and vice versa.
  • This makes heavy characters light, and vice versa.
  • Any sweet-spots will swap positions with the sour-spot (or 2 different hit-boxes in a move), and vice versa.
  • Fully charged moves do uncharged damage/knockback, and vice versa.
  • When the trick room is on a platform, it makes fast characters slow and vice versa.
  • When the trick room is on a platform, characters with bad traction now have good traction, and vice versa
  • Any projectiles which go touches the area will go in a random direction at the same speed/range as originally.

Remember, this also affects both Shadowdeth and the opponent(s), and can completely back fire. One use for this is that place it off the stage and that you can safe yourself from being Meteor Smashed for example and survive for longer. You’ll probably thought how you would implement this into your game, or decide there’s no point of actually using this at all. Also, it’s much easier to spike someone with Luigis Down-air now, due to the sweet-spot and sour-spot hit-box change. There’s a lot of Special Properties in there, I’m sure you can make the most of them.

Down Air: Shadow Force

Shadowdeth goes downwards, turning into darkness and then fading away, and then Shadowdeth bursts out from the same position as you originally did this move at a very high speed (about half a second latter when he disappears). When Shadowdeth disappears, you can aim at all angles (when you don’t do anything, Shadowdeth automatically goes downwards). Shadowdeth goes in the direction you aimed it for 2 stage builder blocks before stopping. This has quite a bit of start-up lag, but has a lot of ending, but has quite a small amount of landing lag, but this has invincible frames when Shadowdeth disappears, and also has great priority as well. This does 16% and high-low horizontal knockback. When you aim this to the floor, you can buffer a jump like with Bowsers side-b. This can be used for a recovery, and has the ability of keeping the opponent guessing where Shadowdeth will appear, and try to punish accordingly, so if you trick the opponent successfully, you’ll land the hit on and/or won’t get punished.
< 16% >

<*> Grab <*>

This has great range; Shadowdeth reaches his hands out 1.5 stage builder blocks horizontally, and that’s the same for all 3 types of grabs (Standing, Dashing and Pivot grab). But! This grab has more start-up and ending lag that the standard non-tether characters, but not as much as those which use tethers as their grab. Plus, some characters (IE: Game and Watch, Kirby etc) can crouch beneath the “grab box” and counter Shadowdeth, so be careful when you do this. When Shadowdeth does grab the opponent, there will be a small gap between the body of Shadowdeth and his hands.

Pummel: Body Possession

When you do this, you can only do this once a grab. When you press this input, Shadowdeth eyes slowly turn bright orange, and when this ends, Shadowdeth will let go off the opponent, and they will be frozen in one spot in the air with an orange aura around them. This takes 3 seconds to fully end, and that during this time period, it’s 3.25 times harder to get out of the grapple. When Shadowdeth completes this move, this is used to make the forward throw work, otherwise the opponents set free. Not useful for anywhere else.

Forward Throw: Directed Launch

This is unique throw. What this does is that with the control stick, YOU CAN CHOOSE WHERE TO SEND THE OPPONENT! You can make it curved, make the opponent go up or down, or even behind you. Also, the knockback depends on how long you keep hold off one direction (basically, the more you make the opponent go only forwards, the longer you hold forward on the analog stick, the further the opponent goes). This always does 7% (unless it gets stale). As your doing the directions, Shadowdeths right index finger follows the point you’re holding at, and changes with you. To make the throw happen, you have to press A to send the opponent away. The opponent can also get out of this if you spend to long choosing the direction, just like the standard pummel. If you didn’t do the pummel, Shadowdeth will point his finger out, but release it’s not working, and that his eyes become big and looks at his hand while the opponent is free to hit you right back in the long ending lag this has if you don’t do the pummel.

The utility of this move is amazing; you can make a massive gimp underneath a stage, set-up a combo, or even at larger percentages use this to KO the opponent pass the death boundary. The problem here is actually setting this up, other than that, this is an AMAZING throw. A cool combo I’ve thought of using this throw is: (Set-up psychic, Shadow Ball and faintly burst) Throw the opponent into the direction of the prepared Faintly Burst, use the B-air, then use psychic, then use an aimed Shadow Ball. That would rake up 44% with only three moves. Think off the combos you can pull off with this guy.
< 7% >

Back Throw: Dark Stomp

Shadowdeth levitates of the ground a tiny bit, and throws the opponent underneath himself. When the opponent just passes the bottom of Shadowdeth, He will strike down at the opponent in a diagonally down direction with the bottom half of his body covered in darkness. The duration of this move isn’t long, but this has a bit of ending lag. This does 8% and mid-low horizontal knockback with a low diagonal direction. On the edge, you should be able to send them into a position which they can’t recover from, but remember they can tech this as well.
< 8% >

Up Throw: Shadow Voltage

Shadowdeth sticks the opponents quite a bit in the air, and we see his right hand crunch the opponents body, and then we see dark energy flowing from the hand into the body, doing electric damage. Shadowdeth then throws the opponent up into the air. This has a small amount of ending lag. This does a maximum of 9% and mid-low vertical knockback. Can combo into aerials easily.
< 9% >

Down Throw: Choke Slam

Shadowdeth raises the opponents up off the ground for a little bit, and then with his hand, slams the opponent onto the ground, and keeps his grip on the opponent for 0.4 seconds before releasing his right hand from the opponent. This makes the opponent be covered in darkness. This has quite a long duration, and has quite a lot of ending lag as well. This does 9% and mid-low horizontal knockback. Doesn’t it look fun choking the opponent out? This has too much ending lag to make it a successful follow up throw, because the knockback is perfect to combo into. DARN YOU SAKURAI!
< 9% >

<*> Final Smash: Negative World <*>

Shadowdeth gains the ultimate power off the Final Smash, and he turns to face the screen, and then he raises his hands up into the sky with a black aroma around him. Shadwodeth then lowers his hands, and then the black aroma fills the back off the stage, making it black with swirling patterns and the stage itself turns a much darker colour. When you do this, Shadowdeth turns into his different form present in his down-b. This lasts for 15 seconds overall. During this final smash, opponents speed/air speed is 1.1 times slowed down, and the chance of tripping is slightly heightened and falling a sleep occasionally for a long duration. Shadowdeth attacks have been buffed a bit as well; all attacks gained double range, and have deals 1.3 times more damage. Shadowdeth can also reach a height of a smart bomb while standing still. When the opponent is asleep, they’ll take 2% a second as well, so when you combine it with his idle, you’ll be raking up a lot of damage.

<*> Play style <*>

So what is Shadowdeths main highlight ay? Well, if you never noticed all of those hints going back to Psychic, you’ll be missing that I’m suggesting that Shadowdeth is a character that is combo orientated, but a lot of moves needs to be set-up to actively make it so!. Shadowdeth has the tools to KO opponents, but a lot of his KO moves are awkward with weird properties and simply need to be charged to be effective. Shadowdeth also has a gimp game, as his “freezing” moves can stun the opponent off stage, and therefore vulnerable to be hit point blank with Shadow Ball (neutral special). Plus that Shadowdeth can set-up a gimp underneath the stage with forward throw.

Psychic, as I’ve mentioned before, is the bread off Shadowdeths game, as the use of this one move is very versatile. You can freeze the opponent close by to secure a KO move, chain it up with more moves, hence the combo metagame, make the opponent freeze off the stage for a gimp et cetera. You can use this move for a lot of things, but it needs to be set up however. Since there’s a grab to it, the opponent will try to avoid this as much as possible, so you’ll have to trick your opponent into your hands. Psychic is a good move to secure an end to the opponents life with a fully charged Shadow Ball, which is one of the most versatile projectiles in the game.

I also say that his Down B and Down Smash needs a mention. A cancelled down smash has its uses for being an annoying bait for the opponent to attack, leaving them open to be attacked. Controlling the down smash does have it uses though, you can do those set-up moves as the clone, and hopefully that the computer version will actively use it in the middle of the game, placing a KO or doing a psychic will definitely help you.

The down B form has a lot of properties to remember just by dropping in and out of forms. In this form, moving around is a lot easier than Shadowdeths awkwardly low fall speed, and that his moves are all powerful in there own way. Shadowdeth in this form has a statuses changing move, a steady damaging move, a sleep inducing move (and a state that makes the opponent receive damage in their slumber as well), and Shadowdeths strongest uncharged move across his whole moveset. I would say that this form has his strongest moves across the board, but these moves are predictable, and/or laggy as hell, plus he can only stay out for 20 seconds a stock. Without a limit, doing this would be banned, as you could stall all day long. If you use Down Smash then Down B, with these 2 forms, together they can form strong combinations, like making the opponent sleep, and being free to set-up those moves or KO the opponent, or using psychic and that the cloned version uses dark pulse.

Shadowdeth’s aerial game isn’t the best in the world, his most useful move out of them must be his Back Air, as it contributes to his combo metagame, and be semi used for controlling the air and gimping the opponent off stage. You can pull fancy tricks with his Down Air and Up Air if you used correctly, but implementing them into your game is hard, If you successfully buff a jump when you hit the opponent with his Down Air, you should be able to follow it up well. His Neutral Air and Forward Air main purpose is to do multiple hits to the opponent. I must tell you, these aren’t nothing that special to his playstyle.

Shadowdeths Grab game isn’t the greatest as well, as his grab is a wee bit laggy compared to most characters, but it has great range for a plus. His throws are nothing special – a part from one, Forward Throw. Forward Throw is quite hard to set up, as you have to use the pummel, and the opponent would get out of this at early percentages. But when your able to get this in, you can do a lot with the opponent, send the opponent a short distance to follow up with a close move, KO the opponent at high percentages, gimp the opponent below the stage et cetera. That throw has a lot of uses, but is hard to set up, so be wary of that.

What from you should be able to tell, Shadowdeth can’t easily damage rake without the use of the freezing moves, and that it’s more like predicting the opponent and hitting them in the cool down of the opponents moves. Also, since Shadowdeth has a lot of laggy moves and not a good GTFO move, characters who can get in fast with lots of multi hitting moves with low lag wrecks poor old Shadowdeth. Shadowdeth has to bait the opponent into the hands of Psychic, and to get some time to set up some traps. Just remember to use those freezing moves and set them up ready to follow up constructively, so you produce a hellover amount of damage in one sitting. Try to out range the opponent and not let them get to close to comfort, as that is what destroys Shadowdeth, knowing this flaw and how to overcome it is what you need to learn to perfect his Combo based metagame, and locking that KO in easier with the wonderful move that is Psychic.

<*> Taunts <*>

Up: Frightening Look

Shadowdeth looks towards the screen, and his eyes have a red glow to them, and then a ghostly version of himself appears stretched to the top left side, and then we hear a spooky echo roar which wallows through the stage. Oooo metaphor

Side: Menacing Taunt

Shadowdeth looks in the direction his facing with a dark purple aura, and then he sticks his right hand out a bit forward, before pointing his right index finger to himself slowly 2 times with a grin on his face. He wants you to fight him, DO IT!

Down: Empowering of the dark

Shadowdeth looks towards the screen, and hovers above the ground slightly while having his eyes close. He then raises his hands up, and we see darkness erupt from the body, and then Shadowdeth opens his eyes and shakes his body a bit before going back to the ground.

<*> Victory Taunts <*>

1: Voice of multiple laughter

Shadowdeth stands there in the middle of the stage with his arms spread out, and 2 holograms of himself (just like the ones in this down smash) are side by side of the real Shadowdeth. The left one has his body slanted a bit with his holographic right hand on the real ones shoulder, while the right one is there with his hands cross and puffed out his body. We hear them all laughing in an evil tone.

2: From the underworld

Shadowdeth slowly pops out from a darkness puddle on the stage, and then he clenches his fist (which makes some darkness explode like in the top massive picture) before pointing at the screen.

3: Torturing of the enemy

Shadowdeth looks at the last place contender, and we see the last place character in the orange glow like from his pummel, and we see the loser character slapping itself while Shadowdeth is moving his right hand back and forth. Shadowdeth slowly laughs at the poor victim.

<*> Losing Pose <*>

Shadowdeth looks away from the screen with his eyes closed and has his hands crossed, showing he isn’t happy with the result.

n88

Smash Lord
Shadowdeth was fun to read. The attacks seemed original and interesting. However, I fear his set-up game is a little too good when combined with fantawstic KO power.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for responding to my question.

Am I to understand that it's much better to have moves with names completely unrelated to Pokemon than to insert bad Pokemon moves (like random TM moves?)

Edit: And a full moveset of ALL relevant Pokemon moves is too much to ask for...?

Confirmation please?

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Shadowdeth has some very interesting moves, like Trick Room. Not to be fussy but there are a few typing errors hidden in a few parts of the set (I forgot where they are). It does not matter much, but I just want to say that. At first, I thought Shadowdeth's moves for his down special form were like, his basic moves, which confused me a bit, but I eventually figured it out. Finally, I think that you need to space the animation of the attack with the effect I think, but I could figure it out eventually (You don't have to change that if you don't want to). Good for a OC, there were some creative moves in the set.

A pokemon moveset that has moves that are not actual pokemon names would be better than just giving the Pokemon all proper pokemon moves, becuase it gives you more freedom over the pokemon moveset's potential.
I don't think a set of all relevant pokemon moves is too much to ask for, you just need to think about what that pokemon can do, not always regarding their pokemon moves. My advice: Look at the pokedex description for the pokemon, it will give you interesting pointers that can help you make a good pokemon moveset.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
^ Often times it's best to include moves that are relevant to the Pokemon whether or not they're actually Pokmon moves or not. For instance, if you were making a moveset for Shuckle, it would probably be more beneficial to give Shuckle non-Pokemon moves that could be done with its body shape and such instead of a random TM move it could learn like Captivate.

So as weird as it sounds, you might be better off giving your set non-Pokemon moves that would be appropriate for the Pokemon than randomly picking TM moves...of course that's not to say you -CAN'T- use TM moves, but just watch your balance of them, hope that helps.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Hobs: Oh no, what really matters is if the attacks match the character. It's fine if you use a TM move as long as it fits, or even an entire moveset out of actual moves. Just don't have Generic Fluffy Pokemon A using Boulder.

Shadowdeth: You've got a bit of an awkward writing style here, and odd organization, but the detail and originality shine through. This is a really awesome set, with cool moves like the Down Special and Up Aerial. I find it cool that you made an OC... Pokemon! Great job on this one.

Smady

Smash Master
It seems like I have perhaps matured a little bit, as I am not going for such a massive catch-up this time! Just from Slugma onward.

Slugma: From the start, it’s evident that you made a big effort to create a simplistic but logical playstyle. I always like it when characters are chosen who aren’t supremely powerful in their own series: it’s endearing. The magma mechanic is equally charming and this moveset is actually pretty sweet. The entire set is very sensible and well written, the only thing I can criticise is the grammar – at times it is modestly garish. In all, it’s very Smash appropriate, the ideas are perfect for Slugma and I am genuinely surprised, as this is a great moveset! Really good; but I suppose I am ignorant for that, as you are a former MYMer revived before us! I hope to see more from you in the future. All I can say is improve your writing style and maybe find a way to make the layout prettier (although it’s already rather fine); the rest is very decent.

Generic Character: I didn’t comment on this fully before, but I’m not a fan anyway. It’s funny to some, I see and it’s just that I’ve seen it too much already. You’re new so it can be forgiven – I have personally seen something like these half-a-dozen times. Good hunting for the future.

Takamaru: No special mechanic, no problem. As with Slugma – much more than Slugma – Takamaru attempts to remain sensible whilst describing a comprehensive playstyle, it works. It’s probably the most Smash-appropriate moveset I’ve seen without dithering into boredom and it’s the kind of set I’d love to see more often. Every move, I think, is very apt for Takamaru’s persona and playstyle... Really, I can see this easily fitting even into Sakurai’s Smash and not being so boring; you captured the sense of character and fitted it into SSB beautifully, Wizzerd. Well done indeed.

Wart: First thing I noticed about this guy is the layout is a complete rip of Sloth, heh. Same colour and bolding of highlighted parts of the text – the same image layout (next to the sub-headers) and same use of B coding in practically every place.

In all, the moveset is extremely good for Wart and seems appropriate, if not particularly advanced in terms of playstyle compared to Slugma and Takamaru, but you’re just unlucky to succeed those two. I think this is because moves are still a bit random – this may stem from either or both of the following: you making movesets for characters with lots of items or ‘minions’ or most of your moves having effects that branch out into different paragraphs. You’re doing well to pump out such high-quality sets, but you still need to write the moves around the effect(s) rather than the effects around the move, it seems at times to be random and makes your sets seem disjointed. Still, excellent work and I’m impressed by your progress.

Edward Elric: Maybe it’s just me, but it seems as if we’re heading back into the classic era with sets now: every move is fitting to Smash and the character again here. There’s no really overarching mechanic, which is a plus. Nonetheless, the way you handled Ed is far different to how I would have, but it still works well and this set is a great starter for you (compared to Ratchet & Clank, it would be hard not to surpass). One thing, though, is that you could easily use some more images in the set and you know I’m a ***** for images. There’s so many of Ed in the manga and anime, he’s a massive character in terms of that stuff! Like Vaati, this set’s lack of photos or a unique layout is an unwelcome surprise. Aside from that moan, though, it’s quite the awesome piece of work.

Naruto Uzumaki:
Hilarious codec with Chun-Li, but this is obviously way under-detailed and you need practice more than anything else. It needs a picture to be entered, but it would also help in general to have more than one. Seriously, how can you not have any images of Naruto? He’s another massive Japanimation character: you have limitless resources! Also, very basic B code usage here. Look at other sets to see what I mean.

And I’ll leave Shadowdeth for another time. :)

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Thanks for the comments guise.

I must say, as I made the utter random design in the end of an Exam *finished with 35 odd minutes to go (h)* I thought the design could be fitted with Pokemon, and since it's an OC,it has it's pluses. It's YOUR pokemon, obviously that you can pinch and nick moves from the games for the best personality of your character, I found myself ONLY looking at Dark, Ghost and psychic type moves for the character, as they best suited my character. Plus, since it's an OC, you could say it's from a future "generation", meaning you can put any move you want without an easier chance of entering "Pokey Syndrome".

Oh, and the writing style. Well, I am the reason that "DFM syndrome" came out, as it's basically every set of mine are: Massivly detailed, hard to read, and has below par average organisation. Thank Warlord for that, at least if I post a set, everyone will know it will contain one of those things.

Next on mai shop: E-101 MKII (another note: DFM always does at least One sonic character per MYM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom