• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "From the Ashes" at ACL Sydney!!! 2nd and 3rd of July!!!

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Orly :awesome:? Cheers!

And pfft, not as impressive as making it yourself :p But still, it was funny watching you and my friend Chris/Invisi play against each other while you were both wearing cowboy hats.
I was glad I wasnt the only one wearing one xD

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Ted says yes it was for both days that 30 bucks.

Good to see you register Charlie :3 ill see everyone again tomorrow :0
How long will you be in Sydney, I was hoping Me, Zedi, You and Ricky could get together sometime and have some more matches, hopefully a doubles match where I dont get killed by Zedi xD

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yep if anyone paid 30 at the door, you're right to get in tomorrow.

Hope to see all you new peoples again =] (i was the Rob player female if anyone forgot)

Can't wait for sleeppp

Oh and pogo, I'm in Sydney till the 11th. So ill ask ricky if he wants to do something during the week :3

Norcinu

Smash Rookie
@Pogo: Tell me about it, I was freaking out after missing my train thus missing 2x buses then missing another bus 'cause I was waiting on the wrong side of the road :U Only to arrive and hear Invisi saying he arrived at like, 7am or something.

@ChuChu: Can't wait to see you playing again too! I'm just in awe at seeing a girl kick butt at Brawl. Also because Bidoof hat.

@Shaya: Will you be coming in on Sunday?

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Yep if anyone paid 30 at the door, you're right to get in tomorrow.

Hope to see all you new peoples again =] (i was the Rob player female if anyone forgot)

Can't wait for sleeppp

Oh and pogo, I'm in Sydney till the 11th. So ill ask ricky if he wants to do something during the week :3
Awesome, ill be looking forward to it :D

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
@Pogo: Tell me about it, I was freaking out after missing my train thus missing 2x buses then missing another bus 'cause I was waiting on the wrong side of the road :U Only to arrive and hear Invisi saying he arrived at like, 7am or something.
At the stataion me and Zedi got on, the tvs wernt working so we had no idea where we were going, by some miracle we actually go on the right train

then at Central the bus stop looks like a normal road so we had no idea where we were going.

then once we finally found the right bus.... .... .... we go off too early.... like 30 min walk too early.
luckily after about 10 min of walking another bus came along and the driver let us on..

dont even get me started on how long it took at ACTUALLY FIND the roundhouse

Pardon the double post

The Zedi Wonder

Smash Rookie
Wait.....so I paid 30 bucks for 2 days when I can't even go both days =.= I feel ripped off now.

Other than the fact I was completely ripped off it was a good day, nice people, fun games, no yelling like all the COD/Halo players, was a nice change from Pogo's normal ego.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Wait.....so I paid 30 bucks for 2 days when I can't even go both days =.= I feel ripped off now.

Other than the fact I was completely ripped off it was a good day, nice people, fun games, no yelling like all the COD/Halo players, was a nice change from Pogo's normal ego.
I was trolling left right and center, thats how I always am =_=

Norcinu

Smash Rookie
:S I'd have to agree, the people are the registration weren't very good. They didn't mention anything about the $30 being for one day or both days or including being in the actual tournament. They also forgot to give me an orange wristband so I had to convince them I didn't sneak in.

:S Guess my tag team partner won't be happy considering he might not attend tomorrow.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
This makes me wonder how people would have reacted if you had your hacks on the brawl game......
no SD = no johns

and you still claim I was cheating despite the fact we weren't even playing on my wii
EDIT: You got *****

EDIT 2: IDK if im going to come again tomorrow, I feel like I have already proven myself, and i really cannot be bothered getting there

Also, Leisha, thank you for the snorlax sticker :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sweet, I love new people, hope you dont scare them away shaya ;)

anyways,, I will be there tomorrow, (being today now, no sleep for me), coming out of retirement just this one time for ted so he better be happy, piesaac, julian, jon and dave will also be there tomorrow, and nanda and vk might show up at some point to since they'll be in sydney anyways.

I am so down for casual doubles games with the new guys.

also apparently I'm listed as a TO (the red terror, I love it) for tomorrow, so if anyone has any questions or needs any help you can turn to me, wont be very hard to find me either, just look for a big loud super buff, amazingly handsome redhead*

*may not accuratly fit that description

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
follow the scent of rage.

or you could catch the train to shayas place and then get a bus

During the week in the mornings and afternoons, 357 outside my house, straight outside the uni. [15 minutes]

Otherwise 400 bus (elongated route but the stop is near the train station and goes right outside) [35-40 minutes]

Otherwise take the train one station to Green Square then catch the 370, which also happens to go straight outside. [depending on luck but up to as quickly as 20 minutes but sometimes public transport sucks and it takes TWO HOURS]

also why the hell am I still awake

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Bugger it. Sorry Ted. I really was intending to attend, and then there was a black out and my alarm stopped working and didn't wake me up, and then I get up just now, dreading what might have happened, to find I'm too late. I was looking forward to this as well.
Let me know how you go guys.

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
I feel like i should do some shoutouts. But i'm too tired to do them them , so ill do them later

Fun tournament guys. I had lots of fun

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Tournament was pretty good overall, had a fun time. Although after ditching the game for over 2 months really got the better of me (too much random rolling >_>). Better actually practise so I dont suck so hard for reloaded lol.

Speical thanks to elizabeth for bring all of that awesome food for us all. =)

I hope all the new people stick around too. All of you are great peoples ^_^. Start running monthlys again too sydney lol.

I also hate ROB atm. ffffffffffffffffffff

And yeah, shoutouts and shiz later

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
So apparently I've registered on the forum here. Then again, I could be lying. Now just to spite you all I'm leaving for a week and a half. <3

Anyway, nice tournament today. I placed way higher than I felt my skill warranted, but I guess I shouldn't complain. It was all good fun =)

I'm seeing stuff about reloaded; I'm assuming that's another tournament coming up soon? I guess I'll find out in due time.

Time for yet another inadequate night's sleep. Joy!

PS. I wasn't joking about leaving, going to Townsville with the family tomorrow morning.

Norcinu

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the boards Invisi, I've beat you here harhar! If you want an avatar, I still need to 'shop your face onto Pit sometime. Anyway, Reloaded is a HUGE tournament on the 16th in Adelaide with a $1000 cash prize to first, which is a little bit of a jump for us two (three counting Enemy).

Anyway guys, I'm a little discouraged entering any more tournaments in the near future but I'm willing to just hang out and simply play if any get togethers happen :p How do you guys organize them around here?

patv

Smash Journeyman
Tournament was fun, except for the single elimination side of the tourney that only applied to myself.
Great to see new faces, in saying this, I'm also hopeful to see regular tournies.

:phone:

tedeth

Smash Master
It was great to see so many new people. I hope they all had a fun time and nobdoy was TOO mean to them. :p I hope to see you all in the near future at another tournament or at a meet or something.

I thought the tournament went really well overall. Ran a bit long at the end but we still managed not to be the last event to finish lol.

I'll post the full results sometime tomorrow.

EDIT: Also new people you should add us on MSN if you use it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Anyway guys, I'm a little discouraged entering any more tournaments in the near future but I'm willing to just hang out and simply play if any get togethers happen :p How do you guys organize them around here?
aww man, you and enemy were so chill though (chill is the new cool)
its always great to see new faces, and you guys were awesome, I hope to see you guys at more stuff, even though I'm never at anything anyways.

anyways good to see you scrubs again, good work beating shaya ea, that was a long time coming, and lol at the halo players, they were the best.

I love commas

Zxv

Smash Lord
I found a brawl disc case. Does that belong to anybody? It has a club. nintendo thing inside the case.

BTW Stereo, I'm going to leave your sensor bar in my glove box permanently. No matter what, next time I see you I will have it with me.

tedeth

Smash Master
Results:

Brawl Singles
1. Tedeth
2. Scoot
3. Shaya
4. M
5. Zxv
5. Dave
7. Patv
7. EA