• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mah0ne's Stuff about Puff

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Idea, you are always for that utilt behind his shield lol

I would either wait, jump up with fairs, or jump above the platform->airdodge down->shield the stomp.

If he drops below, expect the uair (shield di to avoid the poke) then follow him, trying to cut off his escape to the top platform...

idea

Smash Master
it's ****ing amazing though, on anyone

it shieldpokes and then they die, like what's the problem lol

you just have to wait a second first for their shield to shrink enough.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, that's pretty much how I got those two early rests.

Utilt 2 gud :3

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Campy Falcons/Foxes are why I ban dreamland 64 in tourney matches.

That top platform is too damn high.
Interesting I've never really noticed anybody camping those top platforms when I play. Maybe its cause I still suck lol or maybe they have and I've gotten ***** for going up there. i will try to be more aware of this from now on.

EDIT: I play this one peach alot and it's usually a close game when he doesn't turnip camp me. But when he does, I usually get f****d. I try to nair through turnips when I approach, but I guess he knows the timing of the nair and attacks after the hitbox disappears.

Any advice for dealing with turnip camping?

(The peach I play is a pretty reserved player but at the same time punishes me hard when I do something laggy (like an fsmash))

Tekk

Smash Lord
I'm pretty bad against campers/spammers so I won't give you an advice which I'm not 100% sure of its worth.
Against falcons that camp platforms, however, the best is to just camp them back and wait for them to come down; what are they gonna do anyway ? DO NOT follow them on that top platform, it's a trap.

idea

Smash Master
against peach, don't force yourself to go through the turnips with moves every time, sometimes they want you to do that so you gain some lag or lose your safe position.

most of the time i try to either wavedash under turnips or jump backward enough that they miss - what does it matter if you're pushed toward the edge? peach can't edgeguard you and you have six jumps. not a problem to move back a bit and let it miss.

if the peach is throwing tons of turnips and you need to figure out how to get past them, try wavedashing under them. you might have only been thinking about ways to avoid them while jumping :p

going over platforms to get past turnips is also an option. just don't let her get underneath you.

also yeah, tekk is right, camp the falcon back. i just meant, i would attack them anyway :laugh: unless i thought it would make me lose, then i would say **** it...i don't want them to actually win that way, i just want to speed up a boring match.

Massive

Smash Champion
If the peach is camping turnips hard, I try to catch one of them and throw it back with my approach. They usually catch it or shield it, but in that time I'm already too close to them for the turnip to be useful and they usually get grabbed/usmashed.

The best part about turnips is if they have one in their hand, they can't dsmash you.

Peach on a platform above you with a turnip? Free uair.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I heard Bladewise (really good peach in WA; made Apex brackets) mention that, with Peach, never approach Puff unless there's a turnip between the two of you. This is true, Peach's that try to approach Puff without a turnip get easily out-prioritized and punished. With a turnip, she can move in rather safely or cover Puff's approach options around the turnip.

There's so much lag when picking up a turnip, they're not going to pull one if you're nearby. Especially given that they can't use most of their moves when holding one. When a Peach is standing there without a turnip, they likely want you to approach because they aren't planning to themselves. When they're spamming turnips, they're afraid of you so just be patient and find your way in. (Something like run up, shield turnip, shffl fair oos. Then you're close enough to apply pressure.) Just remember how limited peach is with her turnip, they're either going to float or throw it.

The trick is getting in on Peach, staying really close and zoning with bairs and whatnot. Peach is slow so you're trying to stop her mobility and apply pressure that she can't deal with. But, also make sure that you're playing very safe, Peach's loving fishing for nairs. It's usually good to distance yourself, but stay in that bair range and put hitboxes right by/above their head to scare them from floating. Remember that they can dash attack you safely while you're falling, if you expect a dash attack from them try to FF and shield-rest it, or just put out a hitbox right before you land.

One last thing to note: For some reason Peach's fsmash is really good in this MU. I still can't figure it out, but Bladewise uses it so much and it works so well. Like I said earlier, stay safe while zoning and expect golf-club range on every fsmash. Also, Peach can usmash you oos so don't fsmash or dash attack their shield.

And for all Peach's, fishing for utilt rest behind their shield is a good way to make them scared and get easy kills at low percents. After you have utilted their shield like this once or twice, you're often times better off mixing it up and getting the free shield grab. You have to mix up what you do in this MU.

Hope this helped. :)

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
There's a reason Armada uses Ylink. :ohwell:

If you just want the MU to be easier, you're better off with Doc there.

Bing

Smash Master
My YLink is better than my Doc... but Im pretty sure Doc still has the advantage in that MU. Mind you I dont really have to worry about Puff except for Idea... <-- He ***** me anyways so the character doesnt matter.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
LOL

Good thing Jigglypuff has the perfect camouflage on Pokefloats. :smirk:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Kyrnxe.

DoH has highly recommended forward smash to us, because it pulls her hurtbox back slightly (to aid in avoiding bair, and puts a fairly ranged attack out in front of us. We don't have that many tricks in the MU, don't try to take it ALL away. :(

But yeah, it comes out on frame 14-15, and it's good, so just space around it. It's pretty laggy after the hit, so you can punish it if you bait one or something.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Oh, good to know Shrouded. Thanks.

Yeah, I kept getting hit with it last time I played but I'm definitely working on my peach MU for next time.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium

For a better visual of what I mean. Plus some numbers, if you want:

Total: 47
Hit: 15-18
Charge frame: 8
IASA: 40

Shield stun: 16
Shield hit lag: 7
Advantage: -14_-11

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
interesting hitboxes on that move I never knew those details about her fsmash. So just space around the fsmash with bair..? I've noticed that dair is an interesting mixup from bairs to bait a shield or a roll if they have a shield up, then dsmash or fsmash in direction, or grab if shield is still up and you place the dair so you land behind them. However I don't know if this a real thing against peach or whether it is situational.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
A lot of puffs have bad habits to just weave in and out the same way and assume it works. Just don't run float into Peach's fsmash and you can punish it with whatever. Bair would probably be one of the better options, but maybe a waveland utilt if you're willing to take the risk for the reward.

Mahone

Smash Champion
i'll just let her hit me with the fsmash lol, i think the frying pan is her best bet to kill, i can di that golf club for dayz

idea

Smash Master
peach's fsmash is just useful in that matchup 'cause it scoops up from underneath you, which is where your moves generally don't cover. but, yeah, laggy.

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
Alright cause it seems like bair just rapess peach really badly, and she has few options other than camping and maybe well spaces nairs or well placed dash attacks maybbee, idk the peach side of that mu well but pretty whack stuff with that scoopy fsmash.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I cant take this site anymore, going into melee discussion reminds me how repulsive this community is.... Im trying to get banned now, so if you guys ever want advice or something feel free to skype me or gtalk me at sumeetgyani@gmail.com

:phone:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
That's very disappointing.

And I thought the puff boards was vacant before. We just lost like a fifth of our active posters right there. :urg:

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Mahone :( I get where you're coming from though, melee discussion is just an endless vortex of crappy threads.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I wonder what he read that made him give up? I haven't really looked through MD in a while.

See you on the other side, Mahone. You were the best of them. :(

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
Damn, that's really sad. Reading your thread made me improve so much,thank you for everything Emperor Mahone

Massive

Smash Champion
I wonder what he read that made him give up? I haven't really looked through MD in a while.

See you on the other side, Mahone. You were the best of them. :(
He was making fun of bronies like a man, and it was not well recieved.

THAT WAS ALMOST ALL OF IT, I'M SURE. ****ing bronies.

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
^Thats very upsetting. He lost fighting a just cause for his country. Poor, sweet man..he will be missed dearly.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ how everyone who makes a helpful puff guide gets banned. It's a curse.

Top Bottom