• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mah0ne's Stuff about Puff

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
WE COULD TRY SELLING THEM ON THE BLACK MARKET.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
WHY DID I EVER LEAVE YOU I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

Mahone

Smash Champion
yo idea, i finally got around to reading your peach guide and its great! it's inspired me to be more in depth with my matchups....

i was wondering if you could change the good/bad ideas in the matchup to Pros and Cons, so that it would fit with the format of all the other matchups.... and i think close to the end you meant she will cut through upair (not dair), so i was going to correct that, unless i misunderstood it.

idea

Smash Master
thanks =)

yeah sure, but all in time. i have some essays coming up, then exams soon after. i'll do more of this stuff over the summer.

yeah, go ahead and correct it if i wrote it that way...i meant that peach's dair will cut through jiggs's upair.

one thing you should always have is a tl;dr thing at the end. everything (not just smash) should be explained in both detailed form and layman's terms, imo.

Mahone

Smash Champion
im gonna edit the op later, but i should add that pound ***** aggressive foxes

also, i added the other character's matchup guide against puff in a hidden message for all the chars, i think it really helps to read their game plan.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Actually, i guess you're right, fod isn't really bad in this matchup... mabye yoshi's or battlefield because of platform camping?

Idk, like i said no stage is that bad for this matchup, so I really don't care what i ban.

What do you think the ban should be?

idea

Smash Master
i don't like FD against sheik. afaik it's not actually bad for jiggs, but either way, i don't like it. i guess i just find the stage boring and uneventful when i'm not a fastfaller.

you can't hide under platforms, but at the same time she can't recover onto them (so she's easier to edgeguard with rest). she also can't platform camp you, but her platform camping never bothers me much anyway.

Mahone

Smash Champion
well, the point i was trying to make in the op is that it doesn't really matter what stage you ban, so you should just go with personal preference... mabye i should make that clearer.

idea

Smash Master
lol, sorry, still haven't read most of that =P it's just a lot easier to respond to small comments so that's all i was doing.

Mahone

Smash Champion
oh, np, its my fault, tbh i didn't really put much effort into the sheik matchup because all the sheiks i ever play are hella easy or tope :(

sauc3

Smash Lord
dreamland sucks vs a campy shiek, i would never cp there (anymore)
fd or battlefield are easily the best neutral stages for me,

Mahone

Smash Champion
dreamland sucks vs a campy shiek, i would never cp there (anymore)
fd or battlefield are easily the best neutral stages for me,
See, this is why its so weird, because i think battlefield is worse against campy shieks.

idea

Smash Master
battlefield feels normal to me. i mean sheik can run away, but you don't really have to chase her.

also dreamland lets them camp you easier, but on the other hand, you really don't die until around 120. unless she jumps out and fairs you when you're recovering. but that could happen anywhere.

i'd still prefer other stages over dreamland, though, come to think of it. i don't like those higher platforms either. dunno if it's enough to say it's actually a good choice for sheik or not.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I largely jest

What I know about Sheik changes about every 3 months lololol

I usually go to Dreamland vs. Puffs for the camping power

But that's bad

FoD is great for Puff vs Sheik though

I'm so torn about whether Yoshi is good for Puff or not in the MU

Mahone

Smash Champion
I largely jest

What I know about Sheik changes about every 3 months lololol

I usually go to Dreamland vs. Puffs for the camping power

But that's bad

FoD is great for Puff vs Sheik though

I'm so torn about whether Yoshi is good for Puff or not in the MU
Ya, idk, i think big stages are good for puff because you still kill quick with rest but get to live longer....

and small stages are good for puff because she can't get away as easy and you can spam rest setups

I really think its just personal preference

Top Bottom