• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia - The Unofficially Official Tanman Modded Mafia - Mafia Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, I'm just going to go ahead and steal Vyse's handy post describing things...

Basically, Mafia is a forum game wherein people get assigned to either be townsfolk or Mafia members.

Watch this flash animation, and you'll get a pretty good idea of how it works.
http://cataldo.freeshell.org/mafia/mafiascum04.swf
Make sure you watch the sample game. After watching that most of you will understand it pretty easy.

Once you know how to play, here are the rules:
1. Have fun, and do not ruin the fun for others.
2. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread.
3. a) No quoting mod PMs, or faking a quoted mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial quoting.
3. b) You are allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
5. Your votes must be formatted like this to be counted:

[VOTE: name]

This is to clarify whether you are actually casting a vote or not.
We'll Start soon. Game will start with a day sequence for entertaining discussion.

Roles for the game that MAY be included:

Townies
Mafia
GodFather
Cop
Doctor
Roleblocker
Vigilante
Serial Killer
Mason(s)

In other words, The common roles from the beginner tutorial, however, there may be double ups of roles, or none at all, changing from game to game Make SURE to understand these roles when you sign up. Post to sign up and we'll get underway. Make sure to have fun people, PM me with any questions/leave it in here.

Participants:

Tanman - The Moderator of the game/Vyse Wanna be. Gave up playing the game after numerous deaths, and fills the void in his soul by making this game. Has no active role in the game, merely narrates. Completely 100% Trustworthy.

Condog - The Veteran of the game, which makes him suspicious. Might add the suicider role just for him for revenge since he sucks as much as Kirby.

Slashpockets/EdgeGames - Anyone that can DACUS with Sheik that often must be shifty. He plays a Ninja, so definately a suspicious guy to keep an eye on...

Siyro/DrixonSypher/IronOxide/DS - That many names makes him completely suspicious. Makes you wonder why he needs that many aliases...

LeishaChu - The only female thus far. Girls are naturally evil, just do the math. Thus, she's totally suspicious...

Meteor Master - Leisha invaded his account. Clearly a trusting person. Too trusting. Almost like he's trying to hide his suspicion. Thus, Meteor is clearly Suspicious...

Toshiba - Wanted me Lynched. Clearly, he is the most suspicious out of ALL the players here and should be Lynched on the first day of every game just in case.

I LAG - Successful Mafia Member 2 times in a row, apart from being found out the 2nd time. Suspicious if you ask me...

planetstereo - He's a planet. And he's a stereo. Not content with one, he had to be both. So even if he may SEEM like a Townie, he's always a MafiaTownie. Suspicious...

Nixernator - Tier *****. Tier Whores are definately evil Mafia Scum. The fact he says he only does so when he needs to is a complete lie. And Liars are suspicious... Especially when they lie about the tier list...

XXArrowXX - Each X represents an unknown variable. It shows limitless potential in what it could hold... Limitless potential... For suspiciousness...

Splice - Sugar Spice and Everything nice... These are the three ingredients to make the perfect little girl... But when you add an L to the equation, you get a cruel and twisted boy with an evil heart and mind. Suspicion surrounds this one...

Vlade - Has a red name. Completely suss right there from the start. I mean honestly, it's BLOOD red. Like his stained hands after a killing... His name even sounds like the weapon he used.

gopobox - You know who hides in boxes BESIDES Snake? And Spongebob? And Patrick? Mafia on the run. Anyone hiding in a box is suspicious to me. Oh, wait, that's his name. STILL... Suspicious... >_>

Marteh - Just look at the avatar. It's a flaming skull with sunglasses. Definately Mafia Material, and definately suspicious...

luke_atyeo - Luke isn't suspicous at all. He's a kind, caring, sensitive soul, only out to do good for the entire town. Did I mention that it's opposite day?

Sieg - He says when something is full, it's gay. Does that mean he thinks a full town is Gay? Guess that means he wants to fix that problem... One by one... That's not suspicious... That's obvious suspiciousness.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Im in.

Im all for extra roles, but you dont want to have too many special people. Remember the bulk of the players need to be townies, and to a lesser extent, regular mafia.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Which Is why I said MAY include: AKA, I'm picking a few for each game. At Max probably 5. But 2-3 seems a more normal amount

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Here is the math that girls are Evil
We all know that girls equal time and money
therefore Girls = Time X Money
We all no Time is Money
so Girls = Money X Money
lets simplify that
Girls = Money^2
Now we all know money is the root of all Evil
Girls = ((Evil)^(1/2))^2
and to simplify
Girls = Evil

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
I disagree Nix, and is too ambiguos too be designated as addition or product cause it is just a function word to connect two things. So it still works in a way, it's just the way you take it in which changes. Thats why it's generally used as a visual aid Joke, so you just write the equations and just tell the main points along with it.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
And does not equate to multiplication.
If I were to say I have 3 oranges in my right hand AND 2 in my left. I would have 2 + 3 oranges, not 2*3 oranges.
The only other use is in probability and statistics (note that is probability + Statistics not Probability multiplied by statistics), when you are showing the joining of two non-independent events or subsets.

I'm really bored today =)

Edit: You totally use DK now who if I'm not mistaken is higher than ZSS on the tier list Tanman.

Splice

Smash Hero
I want to play this game, but you already have 10 people.

Can i still play? Or is it too late?

Splice

Smash Hero
Girls = Time + Money

Money is the root of all evil so

Girls = Time + Evil^2

So girls are the root of all evil + time, and time is considered as the 4th dimension, so this amplifies the range of that evil that they carry as it seeps through 4 dimensions.

Girls = Evil^2 x 4

Is that good enough? Shut up about maths Nix.
Also DK is two places lower than ZSS, and ZSS will be A tier by the end of this game, above GaW, so i'll just wait til then and i'll be calling you a tier ***** too kk?

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
The problem with that Splice is that the root is the opposite of squared, it should be Evil^(1/2)

Thats why two of them are needed to balance it out to just equal Evil

Splice

Smash Hero
I shouldnt have tried to fight maths with maths.

SHUT UP ABOUT MATHS CAN I PLAY THIS GAME?

:)

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Stop doing math. Mafia is about Logic, not Math. On an unrelated note, with this many people, Mafia is qued to start sometime tomorrow to give time for last minute signups.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I think that's all we're going to get. This game will begin with a day phase. With 16 people, 5 people will be Mafia. Number of Bonus roles will not be disclosed, but MAY include:

Townies
Mafia
GodFather
Cop
Doctor
Roleblocker
Vigilante
Serial Killer
Mason(s)

Little tidbits of information - A doctor will stop ALL attackers, even if the same person is targeted twice. A Roleblocker acting on a Godfather investigated by a cop will be discovered. A Mason Roleblocked cannot speak with other Masons for that night. Mafia must send a person to do the kill in case that person is role blocked. Serial Killer MUST kill everynight. Townies have not won until Serial Killer is also lynched. Masons may discuss privately during the night phase ONLY.

Order of Priority: Mafia act Last. Serial Killers act Second last. Vigilantes act Third last. So, if a Mafia is killed by a Serial Killer, the Mafia member won't be able to perform his job. Similarly, a Vigilante can kill a Serial Killer before they perform a kill.

If a Serial Killer/Vigilante has ONLY killed Mafia, the cop will find them innocent. If a Townie was killed at any point, they will be found Guilty.

Participants:
Condog
Slashpockets/EdgeGames
Siyro/DrixonSypher/IronOxide/DS
LeishaChu
Meteor Master
Toshiba
I LAG
planetstereo
Nixernator
XXArrowXX
Splice
Vlade
gopobox
Marteh
luke_atyeo
Sieg

Everyone has been Pmed with their role, anyone who hasn't should PM me asking for it. Any questions can simply be PM'd back to me. Now, hop to it. The day will End by 29/08 at 6pm if no consensus has been reached. It's Day time.

------------------------------------------------

*Ahem* A peaceful yet bustling town, surrounded by the pleasantries of nature and prosperity. Day by day, people go about their daily lives, without a care in the world. But underneath, a seedy underbelly has been discovered.

Mayor Tanman of Tantown was killed last night, and left a single note to the members of the town - "Beware the Mafia... And I hate you all. ~Tanman."

The town wasn't fussed by his death, other than the revelation that amongst them, evil lurked. With no Mayor, the only logical conclusion was a mass debate, held within the town Hall. Once a majority vote was reached, someone would be lynched... While at night, the Mafia planned their attack...

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Townie - Ordinary Townie. Votes for Lynching. That's all.
Mafia - Ordinary Mafia. Votes for the killing at night/Gets sent to perform Killing.
Godfather - Will be declared 'innocent' when investigated by the cop. Otherwise ordinary Mafia.
Cop - Each Night can investigate one person, recieving a 'Guilty' or 'Innocent' verdict on them.
Doctor - Each Night can choose one person to protect, besides himself. This person cannot be killed by anyone.
Roleblocker - Each Night stops one person from performing their role (If any) Roleblocked person is unaware they were blocked.
Vigilante - Can choose to kill one person each night, or no one at all. Pro Town.
Serial Killer - Wants to be the last living person in the town. Kills one person each night without fail. A Third Party, but Semi-pro town since when town loses, Serial Killer loses in this version.
Mason(s) - Townies that know a select group of other Townies, and are able to discuss during the night phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom