• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Chainsawy how? Lmao speaking of painting someone scummy from nothing, literally look at the case on Rhand, that started because he didn't respond to a scum lean with a vote by claiming, "I am actually not a wolf", which makes no sense

Dude has 4-5 votes on him because he placed a vote, because you aren't allowed to vote someone wolf reading you without it being scummy void of context

Y'all silly

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Actually idk if I would call that painting, but like the speed of this wagon will inevitably kill it, regardless of rhands alignment, because one, his partner should be defending him, and the lost wolf should also not be letting this die, since he is top tier wolf imo

Chop Chop

Smash Cadet
VOTE COUNT 1

Rhand - FrozenFlame, Detective Mao, Swiss
Wam - Scarlett Rage
Wiisp - Rhand
Whysper - Eido
ExLight - Chaco
Detective Mao - ExLight

Last edited:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
i started playing mafia in 2009 or so on this site. Haven’t played for real for real in a while but at this point this forum has gotten a lot more foreign, for lack of a better word. A lot of people from different sites/corners of the internet coming here etc

questions like these are why we should public sample pm’s

##vote rhand

im ready for d2
as a response to “opportunistic:”

this is the post that made me think you might be scum

this post made me ready to vote
you are the second person to say they are ready for day 2, its actually such a ****ty way to treat people, even your scum reads, there are 5 days, what in the hell would a wolf read even give us, without anything else if we ended the day right now? Can you answer that? and don't tell me a dead wolf. Also explain this deeper or link me to where you did if you already talked upon this

your tone seems to jump around and it bothers me

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Chaco Chaco You able to give more on your thoughts about Gorf? I'm referring to your post here:

What's different about it?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chainsawy how? Lmao speaking of painting someone scummy from nothing, literally look at the case on Rhand, that started because he didn't respond to a scum lean with a vote by claiming, "I am actually not a wolf", which makes no sense

Dude has 4-5 votes on him because he placed a vote, because you aren't allowed to vote someone wolf reading you without it being scummy void of context

Y'all silly
Defensiveness and diffusing of a situation that didn’t really need to be. Attacking me cause I weighed in with how things typically go here, lol, and saying personally I would meta him because he’s a good scum player. It’s logical leaps and bounds. I read best when people put stuff against me, and I’m telling you SR doesn’t sit well at all.

For the record, I have no problem with Rhands play. I made suggestions based on what I saw and added input. I also wanted to see how he handled the attacks. I like having actual substance to read from early D1.

Eido Eido I gotta look back, maybe more stoic before and stubborn.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Let me know when you've looked back.

I'm thinking about how bad guys would position themselves around a hard play made by Swiss, if at all.

Reading through the thread now.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Chaco Chaco
ok I need to take a look at your responses back then, and compare them to what Scarlet is saying, before I can respond

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
you are the second person to say they are ready for day 2, its actually such a ****ty way to treat people, even your scum reads, there are 5 days, what in the hell would a wolf read even give us, without anything else if we ended the day right now? Can you answer that? and don't tell me a dead wolf. Also explain this deeper or link me to where you did if you already talked upon this

your tone seems to jump around and it bothers me
guy ive been playing for over 10 years do you think im serious about ending the Day in the first page? i didn’t think I’d have to explain that that’s a joke, but that’s a joke

#HBC | Gorf

Btw I haven’t really read thoroughly since scarlet came in which is why my inputs been less, and I probably won’t really be able to get into the thread heavy again till tomorrow morning/early afternoon. But I’m appreciating the flow I’m seeing better than this morning Fuh sjo

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm relatively confident in my Chaco vote for this stage in the game.
How so? You literally didn’t respond after I poked holes in and basically agreed to disagree. It’s like let’s shift attention here but I’m good to chill now, and not continue with what I started. Like I’m ready to discuss what you see as so wrong and how it was so scummy. Don’t leave me hanging now that you’ve called me here.

ExLight

Smash Lord
guy ive been playing for over 10 years do you think im serious about ending the Day in the first page? i didn’t think I’d have to explain that that’s a joke, but that’s a joke
10 years and doesn’t know what commuter/vest is about?

you took some big breaks there didn’t you

#HBC | Gorf

I’ve never heard of commuter, and I’ve heard of like bulletproof vest in that context but not a “vest inventor,” or like a role that gives people bp. that’s like doc but more busted

And thanks for reminding me, we still don’t know if these traitor joat abilities are 1 shot or multi shot and thats annoying. Again, we should have sample role pm’s thanks for reminding me

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So what's everyone's experience with forum mafia? I noticed in the signup thread that there was some discussion of mafia and mechanics and such, so just wondering. I've played less than a year, mostly on my homesite Forum of Lies.
I've been playing on and off for about 15 years, and I started playing right here at smashboards. I've dabbled on other sites thought such as mafiascum and XKCD

Hi Mao! I heard who you might be, but I won't say more. Good to have you in the game. :)
what did you mean by the bolded? Is detective mao a player from another site deliberately using an alias to conceal who they are?
Rhand scum

Mao town

do werewolves typically get a nk or just mafia

vote: rhand

@ff gord chaco who am i meant to remember here? just you three?
Is anyone approaching Cello/Swiss/Ryker levels or is everyone Adumbrodeus and below?
I asked about the NK situation in upcoming games thread when the mod first pitched this setup and he said that both factions can NK

me, gorf, chaco and you are the only smashboards old guard in the game so no I wouldn't expect you to know or remember any of the other players

wouldn't argue that any of the non-old guard players are above adumbro's baseline but Eido is a very promising rookie. Xivii/Zen seemed to suggest pre-game that Scarlet Rage is an experienced player who could carry some clout in the game but I know nothing about him/her

Lol @Swiss as if you can get definite alignment reads out of that conversation.

I have no idea how this works here with kills. I played one multiball once and there both teams had a kill.
Why don’t you tell us? You sound like a Werewolf playing dumb.
this comes off crazy defensive but masked as sarcasm, also just trying to pressure flip on the "can WW's NK" question is such a bizarre take and way to react to such a mechanical question

I've run through the maths and it's better if we all claim our roles now and force good votes. The set up is stacked against us.

So let's all claim now
bolded is uncomfortably vague, what did you mean exactly?

Eido - anyone with a join date later than 2014 is a nobody to me.

I know this started as a bandwagon but I'm actually happy with a rhand lynch here
anyone with a join date after 2006 is a nobody to me :p

rhand train is ballin, the HBC is proud

weird first post bro

##vote rhand

im ready for d2
#HBC

I didn't say that. I asked why you think it's a good idea to flag him as not VT.

We're playing multiball. There's no way I can be confident that anyone is town. Even if you really believed that I am not.

You're outed now: your attack on me is fake. You're too eager to jump at nothing.

Vote: Swiss
how do you go from saying that it's way too early in the game for someone to have such a solid read to suddenly being very seriously convinced that such an early attack on you is fake? how did you not pick up on the fact that swiss was being deliberately hyperbolic in his confidence?

Swiss is going waaaay to hard at me for the stage of the game we’re in.

Gorf’s vote is totally opportunistic too. I would not be surprised if he flips the other faction.
double OMGUS here, are you saying that gorf and swiss are both scum but are NOT the same faction?

Are pressure wagons out of character at MTGS? If not then why do you knee jerk so badly to one with two votes?
lmao literally my reaction

also this is a lie
I suspect it is as well, what about his response do you think belies his claim?

That’s typical here though. Going for the throat is pressure here, cause how else would it be effective if it was halfhearted?

Basically what I’m getting from this is that you think he’s overly confident pushing you and that’s a scum tell because he shouldn’t have that level of confidence this early D1? That’s where I would do my homework on him rather than pleading en masse that he’s gunning you down. Slots like that become easier to read because that’s a typical behavior that can be indicative one way. He’s giving you more information than you’re willing to look into and trying to explain off his advance rather than decipher the motive behind it and that’s why I don’t like this at all.
Chaco town

If I was 3p I would just replace out, Rhand knows my thoughts on 3p alignments

Rhand is not bothered, I can guarantee you that lol
do you understand how selfish it would be to do something like that and ruin the game for your replacement? if the playerbase knows you wont play certain roles and will replace out if you get them, you are essentially narrowing the possible roles you can ever be in a given game by virtue of the fact that you didn't replace out. Frankly if I was a mod I would not allow you to play in my games with an attitude like this, like if you can't handle playing certain roles, you should not be signing up for games that include the roles you refuse to play

I will say though, rhand is absolutely not panicking, regardless of his alignment
weird comment to make after spending your previous post saying that rhand's play has been largely NAI, little chainsaw-ish

Alright, thank you!

I actually think it would be beneficial to move on from Rhand vs Swiss argument. It's starting to become harmful to repeat the same things over and over, and I heavily doubt we're going to get anything else out of it because of that. I still maintain the opinion that the whole fight is silly, and both of the parties are reacting in a bad way – Swiss because of their overconfidence (as it doesn't seem to be just pressuring anymore), and Rhand because of their inability to see through the initial pressuring. While I do think this is bad, and I'm not going to move my vote from Rhand, I'd like to give them both a chance to focus on other people instead of getting caught up in a single conflict.

In other words... chill, people?

#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf could you talk to me about your reads again?
Oh, don't worry, I'll make up for it by attracting attention and pressuring people so much no one will have the guts to attack me

Such as by asking you why you're so sure I'm town
Then again, it doesn't seem like the thread is going to die anytime soon. I just hope everyone will participate.
if you're scum you deserve an academy award for perfect noob town acting holy **** lmao

Because the things you said are not things you would have said if you weren't town.

Conclusion: you are town
this

I don’t think they’re aligned together. Swiss' attack looks too strong, and sensationalises Rhand’s play. It reminds me of Ryker's play at the beginning of Apex, like a strategy that forces content. I’m ok with Swiss right now.
swiss is just british ryker so treat his slot accordingly and you have the right approach

Gorf you’re different this game than I last saw you, whether that be due to time now or faction I gotta go back and look.
picked up on this too, gorf def reads different this game. he was scum last time though so it legit could be he's town this time

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll re-read this again tomorrow and post any further read developments but yeah rhand can def go, chaco and mao are obvtown and can stay, swiss is currently in the HBC so he can stay, eido is probably good, if it's rhand scum then wiisp is mate or traitor

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Comfortable with Wiisp / Scarlet / Swiss.

There's not enough info for me yet on the impact made by Swiss across the playerlist. I have ideas, but there's no content from a big chunk of the roster.

Unvote
Vote: Gellnick

They feel awkwardly positioned on the side of the discussion, like they are struggling to break in to it.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
vote: FrozenFlame
ya ok boomer
explain to me how NAI and not worried somehow clash as thoughts
also, that wall provides me with nothing

do you understand how selfish it would be to do something like that and ruin the game for your replacement? if the playerbase knows you wont play certain roles and will replace out if you get them, you are essentially narrowing the possible roles you can ever be in a given game by virtue of the fact that you didn't replace out. Frankly if I was a mod I would not allow you to play in my games with an attitude like this, like if you can't handle playing certain roles, you should not be signing up for games that include the roles you refuse to play
in what way? you can't read me on replacing out
I would never claim to replace in thread
and I would not hinder my replacement in any way
I think my attitude changes a bit for stuff like lost wolves, and 3p factions, but like factionless 3ps, unless perfectly balanced, either have the game revolve around them being way too strong, or they are just too weak.

if you're scum you deserve an academy award for perfect noob town acting holy **** lmao
I am trying to see worlds where this is tonally not fake, but I don't see it yet

one post skyrocketed you to like 90% likeliness to flip wolf, hot damn

Chaco

Never Logs In
I lost it at British Ryker. The familariaties and divisions amongst sites is going to make this interesting cause styles of play is clashing huge already.

#HBC | Gorf

Chaco Chaco You able to give more on your thoughts about Gorf? I'm referring to your post here:

What's different about it?
this might be the worst way someone can quote somebody else on smashboards

Chaco

Never Logs In
Eido Eido I looked back at it, it was TIL where he was scum, as Gorf said himself, the language is just different. He’s more abrasive there and blunt almost like trying to strike an old Gorf image. Here he’s more relaxed and natural so I’m inclined what FF said and it’s townGorf here.

Only thing that worries me about FF here is when he blatantly calls me Town in past games it’s been TMI. (But then again he’s had 6? Recent instances of TownMe) FF and I have this relationship of being weary of each other cause we get blinded by play styles and familiarity, so that’s the only concerning thing I see as of the moment.

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
Chaco Chaco , Your AtE does nothing to persuade me. You want to persuade me you aren't scum. Get off the sidelines and hunt scum. There's enough to find scum, even if not confident. A wall full of "reasons" isn't going to persuade me of anything. Actions talk.

I'm also feeling the Frozen Flame FoS.

#HBC | Gorf

Y'all silly
Wiisp i swear you’ve had this knack of, at least like 3 different times, making the rhand wagon out to be way more shallow and based on nothing than it really is. You say its cuz he placed a vote gimme a break dude you even ****ing said swiss came out looking better than him

this comes off crazy defensive but masked as sarcasm, also just trying to pressure flip on the "can WW's NK" question is such a bizarre take and way to react to such a mechanical question
this is pretty much what tipped me over for rhand!scum. That tone is clearly not a joking one, confirmed by how he builds on it to eventually vote swiss from there. it also just doesn’t make sense to me that an 8 year long Mafia playing townie would think that somebody felt like they had a definite read from that. Same with how he actually thought i was ready to end the Day. it doesn’t make sense to me for a townie to operate like that there

ff said:
I suspect it is as well, what about his response do you think belies his claim?
His claim is that it wasnt swiss’ vote on him that bothered him (when swiss just said rhand scum and voted him), it was what came afterward. the post in response to swiss voting him was him saying “as if you can tell my alignment with that much confidence” and then went on with his swiss read from there. he was trying to make it seem like it wasnt being voted that bothered him so that he can disprove omgus. But its like no its omgus, it all stemmed from being bothered by swiss voting him.

@ scarlet-Chaco back and forth based off what I’m seeing from both sides my scumdar isnt really pinging. The fact is that Chaco really wasn’t around enough to clearly be trying to goad both sides. It was the topic of the thread, he commented a bit on both sides, and left, and i could see how SR came to the conclusion he did. But i believe Chaco when he responded, especially seeing how hes not gunning either of them presently

gellnick

Smash Cadet
Comfortable with Wiisp / Scarlet / Swiss.

There's not enough info for me yet on the impact made by Swiss across the playerlist. I have ideas, but there's no content from a big chunk of the roster.

Unvote
Vote: Gellnick

They feel awkwardly positioned on the side of the discussion, like they are struggling to break in to it.
I'll be back with a couple walls of text or something at some point tomorrow. Hopefully that clears up any confusion, but for now I understand the vote on me.

Wam Wam gellnick gellnick 3DSNinja 3DSNinja all need to do something
Yep, that's coming soon.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco Chaco , Your AtE does nothing to persuade me. You want to persuade me you aren't scum. Get off the sidelines and hunt scum. There's enough to find scum, even if not confident. A wall full of "reasons" isn't going to persuade me of anything. Actions talk.

I'm also feeling the Frozen Flame FoS.
Hey, hi that’s what this is. That’s me trying to drag out more reasoning from you kicking and screaming. You’re being dismissive on two separate occasions now, while saying actions talk but literally doing nothing. You seem to have this idea going on right now that I need to be over the top scumhunting for you to stop suspecting me. That’s what I’m soooo interested in, for someone who is so confident you seem to be backpedaling instead of doubling down despite claiming your confidence.

As stated before and numerous games prior, I read best when people attack me, and your logic does not track with your initial pursuit. It is off.

Chaco

Never Logs In
#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Since you see both sides, does it make sense how SR has proceeded despite claiming confidence/comfort in their read?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wiisp Wiisp Are you an abrasive player? Can you isolate for me anymore instances in FFs wall that felt forced or fake?

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
Chaco Chaco , Which is it? Am I backing down or ignoring your replies entirely? I am just going to keep voting you until you scumhunt or I find someone better for my vote to be on. Pleading with me will do nothing.

Top Bottom