• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I will say though, rhand is absolutely not panicking, regardless of his alignment

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
That’s typical here though. Going for the throat is pressure here, cause how else would it be effective if it was halfhearted?

Basically what I’m getting from this is that you think he’s overly confident pushing you and that’s a scum tell because he shouldn’t have that level of confidence this early D1? That’s where I would do my homework on him rather than pleading en masse that he’s gunning you down. Slots like that become easier to read because that’s a typical behavior that can be indicative one way. He’s giving you more information than you’re willing to look into and trying to explain off his advance rather than decipher the motive behind it and that’s why I don’t like this at all.
I am looking at the why together with the how. He is throwing accusations that he doesn't believe in (or if he does, he expects other people to play in a way he doesn't, which would require meta but he doesn't know me). Why would he do that? Just to throw more pressure my way?
The big issue with the confidence is that he is talking to the thread about how I am scum in his eyes. He isn't talking to me. Pressuring me would require interaction with me. Make me answer things. Make me explain stuff. That's not what he does.

also this is a lie
No it isn't? We're talking about Swiss's vote, right, not yours?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Makes me like my Indy Wiisp read a little more
why Indy specifically and not other-scum-team? I’d think if he knew he was scum he’d try to be more bussy than this and hedge his bets on the other team

Rhand Rhand you are so being pressured right now, in fact you’re proving the point that interacting with the thread about how someone is scum is more pressuring than interacting with that person

No it isn't? We're talking about Swiss's vote, right, not yours?
rhand said:
Lol Swiss Swiss Swiss Swiss as if you can get definite alignment reads out of that conversation.
This reads as someone who’s bothered by a vote

Wiisp

Smash Lord
If I was 3p I would just replace out, Rhand knows my thoughts on 3p alignments

Rhand is not bothered, I can guarantee you that lol

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
Rhand Rhand you are so being pressured right now, in fact you’re proving the point that interacting with the thread about how someone is scum is more pressuring than interacting with that person
That's only because I chose not to ignore what he said. It's hard to ignore things that are aimed at you, easy to ignore things that are said about you.

This reads as someone who’s bothered by a vote
You're reading that wrong then. It wasn't a reaction to the vote itself but to him categorising 2 people out of a tiny RVS conversation. Which is ridiculous.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Gorf quoting the same posts I don't like so very genuine.

why Indy specifically and not other-scum-team?
He's too safe, too in the middle. Talked but not really said anything. Just feel like he's a solo and not part of a team.

It's only an early read and it's not the same as knowing we have Rhand pinned by a longshot.

#HBC | Gorf

I feel you, I feel like if he was indy he’d either want to not comment on it too much or go in for a bus. I am getting scum but not aligned with rhand vibes tho

Swiss

Smash Lord
Indy shows up as evil on a cop/seer check right?

Can one of you get on him. I'd dictate which but that would mean I was taking control of the game - and I intend to be pretty hands off here.

If Rhand flips evil I want doc on me. If he flips good then doc me anyway.

It's refrshing to play this game again after all these years. I used to be so aggressive and controlling, it's nice to be just another voice in the crowd.

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
@, no space, type their tag as it appears.

like Detective Mao Detective Mao
Alright, thank you!

I actually think it would be beneficial to move on from Rhand vs Swiss argument. It's starting to become harmful to repeat the same things over and over, and I heavily doubt we're going to get anything else out of it because of that. I still maintain the opinion that the whole fight is silly, and both of the parties are reacting in a bad way – Swiss because of their overconfidence (as it doesn't seem to be just pressuring anymore), and Rhand because of their inability to see through the initial pressuring. While I do think this is bad, and I'm not going to move my vote from Rhand, I'd like to give them both a chance to focus on other people instead of getting caught up in a single conflict.

In other words... chill, people?

#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf could you talk to me about your reads again?

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Right, okay, we're talking about the traitor

Never heard that term before and had to look it up

#HBC | Gorf

Detective Mao Detective Mao

wiisp rhand: scumreads but not aligned
chaco Mao exlight: guttown, not the strongest but I’m chillin on y’all
whysper: igmeoy but I’ll let him slide for now
eido: noobtown

rest are either inactive, null, or choose not to comment

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Yeah so Wiisp could be any evil.
General scumlean.

Mao stop being so town you'll get yourself killed.
Oh, don't worry, I'll make up for it by attracting attention and pressuring people so much no one will have the guts to attack me

Such as by asking you why you're so sure I'm town

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Rhand Rhand
Let's both be town so we can point fingers at these fools, I hope you are town, I am kinda leaning towards slightly for bad reasons, idk why you had to immediately jump on Swiss, it's making me hesitate

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
I get that you have strong opinions, but why did you immediately call me town based on a NAI discussion of ~4 posts

I've explained my thoughts and interacted with people but I don't feel like any of it should be enough to townlock me

Explain your read

#HBC | Gorf

wiisp is it safe to say that you have nothing of substance to say aside from rhand is null but maybe he’s not null but his play is nai

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Rhand Rhand
Let's both be town so we can point fingers at these fools, I hope you are town, I am kinda leaning towards slightly for bad reasons, idk why you had to immediately jump on Swiss, it's making me hesitate
I'm also interested in hearing if this is just a toneread or an actual read, since there's not much else to go off of other than their defensive reaction so far.

#HBC | Gorf

oh yea and Swiss’ approach is gross but rhand is grosser but it’s nai trust me but I’m not gonna vote either of them. I don’t wanna miss out on any of your input thus far :)

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
Rhand Rhand
That’s funny that that makes you hesitate. Go compare my mafia and town Day 1 play lol.

I have a slight town read on you as well. As mafia I would not expect you to throw those tidbits of correct meta in. But I have seen you improve massively over the last year or so and I don’t think I have seen you as mafia lately, so shrug.

Do you have a read on Swiss / Gorf?

#HBC | Gorf

Here’s another reason we should have public sample pm’s:

@mod does traitor only win with scum or can the win with towns win on? Does town have to kill off traitor in order to win?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I don't recall gross meaning wolfy or nai meaning I should vote either of them. I'm kinda glad that their are other voices this game, since on my home site I am usually taking charge.

Swiss' playstyle is somewhat unlikely to come from a wolf, but again the double factions makes tmi less of a problem here

I have no read on gort yet, they are kinda sassy if that means anything

#HBC | Gorf

So it Is safe to say you have nothing of substance to say despite having been present. Just clarifying for the field

Wiisp

Smash Lord
wiisp is it safe to say that you have nothing of substance to say aside from rhand is null but maybe he’s not null but his play is nai
I mean I don't believing okgusing in itself is wolfy, and it's kinda ironic for swiss to say he is trying to save himself by playing in a way that any shallow town player would immediately call wolfy.

I think tonally he is fine, but with 5 evils there is way less space to work with, so maybe shallow is the correct way to go? I never usually have to worry about Rhand on MTGS, because if he is town he almost never survives past night 1, and if he is a wolf, we normally just execute him on day 3 or something. That's how I would handle him, but that doesn't really work off-site

Wiisp

Smash Lord
#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf
I think the chances of me of every bothering to convince
wiisp why did you roll scum
I didn't, but it's true that my playstyle is different from how I originally played on this site. But ya, I replaced into one game, into a slot that was wolfy, and had to work my ass off to get people off me, and in my second game, I was only allowed to play during one day phase, so again, I had to play a lot differently. There is zero reason for me to pick up that playstyle in this game.

I'd rather let others do the work, and see how likely they are to be right and wrong, while finding mafia in the background

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Ohh the first part never got erased, I was finna say, the chances of me ever convincing swiss that he is wrong based on his playstyle, is slim to none, he is the type of player to move on, on his own, or never move on at all, it's pretty evident. Its weird he proclaims to not want to control the game, when he literally is the reason we are where we are.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Looking forward to in depth posts from the people catching up.

I'm sure no-one is going to give us a brief, worthless post after so much has happened.

Little list of the people yet to comment enough:
3DSNinja
ExLight
gellnick
Scarlet Rage
Wam
FrozenFlame
Chaco
Whysper
Eido

#HBC | Gorf

Wiisp Wiisp That’s fair enough. But I think you’re ignoring rhands reactivity when he had pressure on him, on top of other things, it’s not just a wagon built on omgus. That’s kinda selling it short imo. And for someone whod rather find scum in the background idk why you’re being quite outwardly adamant about telling people that rhands actions have been nai

Top Bottom