• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

ExLight

Smash Lord
I'm not really in a hurry to comment anything
it's a 120h Day Phase and honestly I'd prefer a steady laidback rhythm over these spurs full of overthinking maybe

If I notice anything that pings me I'll start hounding it

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Cause they are pretty nai, I want something that makes him wolf, like tell me why is vote on swiss makes him a wolf other than saying Omgus come from wolves more often. Many players can be reactive or proactive, it doesn't mean **** outside of a contextual level

And someone said something about Rhand sounding grimy, which is usually the case regardless if his alignment.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Yo Gorf you asked me about my take on Swiss/Rhand.

I don’t think they’re aligned together. Swiss' attack looks too strong, and sensationalises Rhand’s play. It reminds me of Ryker's play at the beginning of Apex, like a strategy that forces content. I’m ok with Swiss right now.

I’m interested in the players reacting around Swiss, though. There may be clues here. Will do a read and check because I’ve not finished work yet (EU time). Expect questions.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Wiisp Wiisp my 65 is a good start if you want something against rhand that isn’t omgus. In fact my vote on him stems wholly from pg 1, which didn’t have a single omgus vote in sight

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
MTGS is Magic The Gathering Salvation. My homesite for mafia and where I met Wiisp.

gellnick

Smash Cadet
So what's everyone's experience with forum mafia? I noticed in the signup thread that there was some discussion of mafia and mechanics and such, so just wondering. I've played less than a year, mostly on my homesite Forum of Lies.
I've been playing for two years but my homesite shut down Forum Mafia so I haven't played much for the past year. We're finally starting back up again lol

Unvote
Was an RVS vote, I think we're done with RVS now.

I'm gonna keep watching, and comment if there's something I see.

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
It seems like half the people have the same mindset, so that's quite troublesome. Remember that you also have an obligation to let others know you're town, and not just hunt scum. We wouldn't want the thread to die because we're all waiting for someone to do something, now would we?

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Then again, it doesn't seem like the thread is going to die anytime soon. I just hope everyone will participate.

#HBC | Gorf

I feel like the activity this fars been straight. I’d start getting concerned in 24-36 hours if people are still “just tryna let the thread play out” or whatever

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
I suppose so.

^ still wonders why I call him town
Her* ):<
Trust me when I say that that's completely NAI, especially coming from me. I don't know how much experience you have with FM, but pretty much anyone can do that.

I think I'm going to read the thread once more to see if I catch anything before I go to bed
After that, I'll be offline 'til tomorrow afternoon/evening

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Thread read

I have a few thoughts but I actually don't have time to explain them thoroughly, so I'll hold on to them until I get back. I want to discuss them properly instead of throwing them out and dipping before the people in question can explain themselves

So I'll see you tomorrow o/

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
BINGO.

I said Eido not vanilla town, never said anything them about them being a town power role.

So why are you so confident that Eido is town? No-one else here has a read on Eido except for you.
How would you have information on not vt so early?

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
Clever post there Rhand.

" It's weird that the conversation comes off to you as me smearing him. It is the other way around. "

This is very clever and I respect it. Almost making other people feel bad for getting the same read. "It's WEIRD that you think I'm bad".

Now I can't tell if Rhand is normally just a bit slimy, but I have no doubt others that have played with him before will defend him soon if he's always like this.

So now we wait for Wiisp Wiisp and S Scarlet Rage to weigh in with their insight.
How would you know that I have played with Rhand before?

My comments will be at the end of my catchup.

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
Also also mod didn’t tag @#HBC | FrozeηFlame i gotchu dawg
I'm not liking this. Why would someone need to meta to make a claim that someone is overly assertive? If it was typical behavior, then someone would surely bring it up. It's day one. We hardly demand perfection. It's when we bring up data as a team that we're most effective.

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
Well he didn’t deny it and it helped catch a scum so be glad I managed to pin it down.

Now onto you - what are your reads - especially on Rhand and Exlight?
Exlight didn't stand out in my reads.

Rhand v Swiss feels like t v t.

Right now, I feel like we should eliminate Chaos.

#HBC | Gorf

I'm not liking this. Why would someone need to meta to make a claim that someone is overly assertive? If it was typical behavior, then someone would surely bring it up. It's day one. We hardly demand perfection. It's when we bring up data as a team that we're most effective.
i assume you didn’t mean to quote this right cuz i don’t understand what this post is

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
Vote: Chaco

Chaco seems content to push both sides of Swiss v Rhand. First he comments Swiss is a legendary scum player. Then he creates an unreasonable burden on Rhand to express a scumread. He wants that fight to keep going.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Vote: Chaco

Chaco seems content to push both sides of Swiss v Rhand. First he comments Swiss is a legendary scum player. Then he creates an unreasonable burden on Rhand to express a scumread. He wants that fight to keep going.
How so? I have quite the extensive history with Swiss and am notating that he’s a huge threat as scum. How is that playing both sides? Did I say this is Swiss’s scum meta and we must eyeball him to death. It was a compliment, not an in game play. (Refer to sign ups where I signed up cause I saw his name.) I really don’t get where you go A to Z here and claim I want that fight to continue from that post. Seems parroty of Mao tbh and just somewhere to throw flak.

But let me weigh in on Swiss, it’s NAI all of it thus far from my perspective. How can I make a read on someone who is intricate in weaving layers if I don’t allow him to? That’s where you catch a player like Swiss. But that’s my take as someone who has played with him numerous times and been on opposing factions a lot.

Mao is fine.

I don’t see Rhand v Swiss as such a problem as everyone here. It’s content to weigh in on and gather background for reads as game progresses. Cutting it short and killing progression isn’t doing much here.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Gorf you’re different this game than I last saw you, whether that be due to time now or faction I gotta go back and look.

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
S Scarlet Rage for clarity, do you not like chaco’s rhand post (the one you meant to quote) cuz you thought he was trying too hard to goad rhand about his Swiss read?
Yes. His position that Rhand had to meta a player to determine if such a behavior was abnormal for them rather than highlight scummy behavior.

Scarlet Rage

Smash Cadet
How so? I have quite the extensive history with Swiss and am notating that he’s a huge threat as scum. How is that playing both sides? Did I say this is Swiss’s scum meta and we must eyeball him to death. It was a compliment, not an in game play. (Refer to sign ups where I signed up cause I saw his name.) I really don’t get where you go A to Z here and claim I want that fight to continue from that post. Seems parroty of Mao tbh and just somewhere to throw flak.

But let me weigh in on Swiss, it’s NAI all of it thus far from my perspective. How can I make a read on someone who is intricate in weaving layers if I don’t allow him to? That’s where you catch a player like Swiss. But that’s my take as someone who has played with him numerous times and been on opposing factions a lot.

Mao is fine.

I don’t see Rhand v Swiss as such a problem as everyone here. It’s content to weigh in on and gather background for reads as game progresses. Cutting it short and killing progression isn’t doing much here.
My problem with you is that you seem content with doing nothing to sort slots while pushing to keep everyone eliminatable.

So what if Swiss is good at scum? That doesn't stop someone from reading his play and determining his motivation, which is lean town with minor reservations.

I get wanting Swiss v Rhand to run its course organically. I disagree with that, but that's an ok place to disagree. It's not ok to sit back and do nothing while you wait and egg on both sides.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf you’re different this game than I last saw you, whether that be due to time now or faction I gotta go back and look.
if you’re talking about the from playing a few months ago, my activity was **** cuz i didn’t have a computer to play on but I gave it a shot anyway. Now I have a tablet and more time to commit. That was a scum game but trust me that is a bad example of my meta, and I haven’t played for at least a year or two from before then

Chaco

Never Logs In
My problem with you is that you seem content with doing nothing to sort slots while pushing to keep everyone eliminatable.

So what if Swiss is good at scum? That doesn't stop someone from reading his play and determining his motivation, which is lean town with minor reservations.

I get wanting Swiss v Rhand to run its course organically. I disagree with that, but that's an ok place to disagree. It's not ok to sit back and do nothing while you wait and egg on both sides.
I’m at work so I didn’t really have time to follow up. 6:30am to 7pmEST will always be erratic for me. My work has shifted from a few months ago when I had more time. I’m usually a very active player, if not the most active, but I’ll have days where I can’t pull my phone out to read or post but for a second. Much like today.

Gorf understand entirely, was looking more at approach.

Chaco

Never Logs In
SR you have a lot of logical disconnects and leaps about my play from two posts basically. It’s like you’re trying to paint me scummy from basically nothing and I really don’t understand this approach. You’ve made two accusations that are leaps from nowhere and it just doesn’t sit right at all. And it’s from the same post.

I want them to continue fighting.
Content to do nothing and keep everyone able to elim.

You’re nitpicking. I’ll give you content to pick through, but spaghetti on the wall doesn’t bode well with me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Honestly seems kindve chainsawy on me from SR, in protection of Rhand. Timing indicative as such also. I’m

Top Bottom