• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

Swiss

Smash Lord
Classic OMGUS

Voting to attack me - never trying to defend himself or, crucially, ever question anyone else.

Rhand isn’t concerned with finding scum - just with surviving.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I don't really get what's makesEido not vanilla town, either way I'm not interested in following either yours nor rhands thoughts

Rhand is particular good at both alignments and multibsll is whole different ball game, it's is relative easier to nit show TMI

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
Classic OMGUS

Voting to attack me - never trying to defend himself or, crucially, ever question anyone else.

Lol dude who apart from me have you questioned? Nothing else has happened.

Aaand... never trying to defend myself? Really?

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
Swiss is going waaaay to hard at me for the stage of the game we’re in.

Gorf’s vote is totally opportunistic too. I would not be surprised if he flips the other faction.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Good read buddy, it’s a good thing Swiss publicly goaded you into making reads outside of attacking your attacker so that you can feel the need to come up with that

#HBC | Gorf

as a response to “opportunistic:”

I can react to pressure how you want. I can ignore it, I can OMGUS you, I can get angry because I am obvtown and you should see that, I can pocket you, I can use the pressure to get a read on you.
Make your pick :D

(a vote alone isn’t pressure though)
this is the post that made me think you might be scum

Lol Swiss Swiss as if you can get definite alignment reads out of that conversation.

I have no idea how this works here with kills. I played one multiball once and there both teams had a kill.
Why don’t you tell us? You sound like a Werewolf playing dumb.
this post made me ready to vote

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I'm voting randomly for now.

You said Whysper can die too. Is that something you're able to elaborate on? It seems strong.

#HBC | Gorf

is that to say that you don’t have much of a read on what’s going on thus far? I ask cuz it’s weird to be randomly throwing your vote around when rvs is over (which at this point it clearly is). How much mafia experience do you have?

I am able to elaborate on my whysper read, and it’s not the strongest but its not nothing. I’d rather hear what you have to say about his play thus far, if anything

Eido

Smash Journeyman
This is my second game. First game was Apex here.

Whysper doesn't have much play thus far. I'll update you as their play develops. Right now it's a random vote. Let me know if you have any insights on them. The game is early for me and I'm observing who knows who, playstyles etc.

#HBC | Gorf

one thing that tips me off is the way whysper entered the game, the “I hope this isn’t 5 days of RVS” post. Not rvsing there but acknowledging it feels awkward, but it could just be a clash in tone bla bla bla. Not enough for me to wanna put a vote.

i suggest not trying to lean on using meta to motivate you to make reads. Makes me feel like you might be trying not to **** things up for yourself by risking making a read, which is usually not something town does. But if you’re new, that makes sense. What do you think of the back and forth between rhand and Swiss?

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
as a response to “opportunistic:”

this is the post that made me think you might be scum

this post made me ready to vote
Use more words please?
What in those posts made you think I might be scum / made you ready to vote?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Haven’t read past the first few posts yet cause I’m driving to work but I have probably 40+/- games experience roughly over the course of 10+ years with a long gap of not playing (5 years) to whoever asked.

Gonna look at Rhand v Swiss when I get settled at work.
Who linked games with him in it before? I remember reading the name and posts from someone. Wanna say it was maybe Triss/Osie??

Vote: Exlight

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
Classic OMGUS

Everyone: take a good look at this.
I did defend myself in #40.
Swiss himself never questioned anyone. Not even me. I reacted to his posts where he talks about me, but he never aimed a question at me.
He's working off double standards: he's saying what town should do but doesn't do it himself.

When I call him out on this post, he just ignores me (so doesn't defend himself) and repeats I should be lynched.

Read this post and read Swiss on page 1. It doesn't add up.

ExLight

Smash Lord
if scum wants to have a chance to win they’ll have to kill the opposite enemy team instead of town maybe right?

I wonder if that makes it harder to find scum since they’ll be scumhunting in a way too

ExLight

Smash Lord
Everyone: take a good look at this.
I did defend myself in #40.
Swiss himself never questioned anyone. Not even me. I reacted to his posts where he talks about me, but he never aimed a question at me.
He's working off double standards: he's saying what town should do but doesn't do it himself.

When I call him out on this post, he just ignores me (so doesn't defend himself) and repeats I should be lynched.

Read this post and read Swiss on page 1. It doesn't add up.
are you really panicking already

ExLight

Smash Lord
I don’t know the meta of more of half of the people here
should I be weary or expect any crazy shenanigans or nonsensical tunnels

#HBC | Gorf

More words:

I didn’t like how you went about brushing off mao’s vote on you. Like sure it was rvs, but you were pretty extra.

then you got super defensive when Swiss called you scum, and from there its seemed like your mo is to smear swiss for daring to vote you instead of trying to find scum. like yo you’ve been playing for 8 years, is it really that out of left field for somebody to state they have a scumread without substantiation and place a vote that early? Did you really think he was ready to end the Day? Did you think I was serious when I said I was ready for d2?

Swiss

Smash Lord
if scum wants to have a chance to win they’ll have to kill the opposite enemy team instead of town maybe right?

I wonder if that makes it harder to find scum since they’ll be scumhunting in a way too
They'll wanna get credit for good lynches for sure. But statistically they're more likely to be bad lynches.

But the mindset of a werewolf/mafia doesn't change imo - they know they're bad and it'll still come out like we've seen already.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Gorf’s vote is totally opportunistic too. I would not be surprised if he flips the other faction.
Are pressure wagons out of character at MTGS? If not then why do you knee jerk so badly to one with two votes?

Swiss

Smash Lord
3DSNinja
ExLight null
gellnick
Scarlet Rage
Wam
Swiss - werewolf
Wiisp - indy?
Rhand - scum
FrozenFlame
Chaco
Whysper -
Eido - not vanilla town
Gorf -
Detective Mao - town

ExLight

Smash Lord
They'll wanna get credit for good lynches for sure. But statistically they're more likely to be bad lynches.

But the mindset of a werewolf/mafia doesn't change imo - they know they're bad and it'll still come out like we've seen already.
that’s fair

#HBC | Gorf

agreed, scum is gonna have to be scum hunting but that doesn’t mean they don’t have to watch their own or their scummates ass. It just means you gotta organize your reads more thoroughly as town. But we have more scum to lynch which is always baller

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
are you really panicking already
No, I think I found mafia.
Where do you think you see panic?

More words:

I didn’t like how you went about brushing off mao’s vote on you. Like sure it was rvs, but you were pretty extra.

then you got super defensive when Swiss called you scum, and from there its seemed like your mo is to smear swiss for daring to vote you instead of trying to find scum. like yo you’ve been playing for 8 years, is it really that out of left field for somebody to state they have a scumread without substantiation and place a vote that early? Did you really think he was ready to end the Day? Did you think I was serious when I said I was ready for d2?
Heh I was just (trying to be) funny with that answer to Mao's RVS vote.

It's weird that the conversation comes off to you as me smearing him. It is the other way around. "Super defensive" is also the opposite of Swiss's "read" on me, who said I am not defending myself at all. It's him that kept turning everything I say into "tells".
I urge you to read our full conversation again and see how it evolved because you've got it all upside down. Or at least that's how I feel it went down.

His vote didn't bother me at all. The way he handles me afterwards does. He's way too confident and not willing to engage.
The timing of your vote was bad. And saying things like being ready for Day 2 is just... why? I mean obviously we're not going to end the Day this fast, but saying so shows a level of confidence that you can't have. And that pings me because town is more honest in their progress.

Are pressure wagons out of character at MTGS? If not then why do you knee jerk so badly to one with two votes?
It doesn't feel like a pressure wagon. It feels like Swiss going for my throat.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Clever post there Rhand.

" It's weird that the conversation comes off to you as me smearing him. It is the other way around. "

This is very clever and I respect it. Almost making other people feel bad for getting the same read. "It's WEIRD that you think I'm bad".

Now I can't tell if Rhand is normally just a bit slimy, but I have no doubt others that have played with him before will defend him soon if he's always like this.

So now we wait for Wiisp Wiisp and S Scarlet Rage to weigh in with their insight.

#HBC | Gorf

nah I’m pretty sure I’m reading it right. I think Swiss and I are saying the same thing. Defending yourself would be rationalizing your play, tryna work with Swiss to show him how he’s wrong. Being defensive is seeing that somebody is voting you and telling them they can’t possibly think youre scum and that they’re dumb for thinking so

i assume after 8 years you’d be more skilled as to understand that subtext exists and the value of not showing your whole hand every second of every Day. For you to not consider that when seeing page 1 votes sent your way makes me think youre not thinking like a townie. And that tells me you’re probably not a townie

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, I think I found mafia.
Where do you think you see panic?

Heh I was just (trying to be) funny with that answer to Mao's RVS vote.

It's weird that the conversation comes off to you as me smearing him. It is the other way around. "Super defensive" is also the opposite of Swiss's "read" on me, who said I am not defending myself at all. It's him that kept turning everything I say into "tells".
I urge you to read our full conversation again and see how it evolved because you've got it all upside down. Or at least that's how I feel it went down.

His vote didn't bother me at all. The way he handles me afterwards does. He's way too confident and not willing to engage.
The timing of your vote was bad. And saying things like being ready for Day 2 is just... why? I mean obviously we're not going to end the Day this fast, but saying so shows a level of confidence that you can't have. And that pings me because town is more honest in their progress.

It doesn't feel like a pressure wagon. It feels like Swiss going for my throat.
That’s typical here though. Going for the throat is pressure here, cause how else would it be effective if it was halfhearted?

Basically what I’m getting from this is that you think he’s overly confident pushing you and that’s a scum tell because he shouldn’t have that level of confidence this early D1? That’s where I would do my homework on him rather than pleading en masse that he’s gunning you down. Slots like that become easier to read because that’s a typical behavior that can be indicative one way. He’s giving you more information than you’re willing to look into and trying to explain off his advance rather than decipher the motive behind it and that’s why I don’t like this at all.

Detective Mao

Smash Apprentice
Oh geez, there was a full-blown argument while I was away. I didn't expect RVS phase to end this soon. I can't say it bothers me, but I do have an exam tomorrow, so I'm not sure how active I'll be.

I personally think this whole argument is a bit silly. Rhand is failing to read deeper into people's words, and for such an experienced player, I'm quite surprised how they take everything at face-value; I was wondering if they were trying some kind of tactic as well, but it seems like there's no trick. OMGUS isn't the way to go. My vote stays.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
U don't need my insight, I'm finna let you do your thing and see where this goes, I'm not particularly good at reading Rhand, all I can say is this behavior is particularly NAI so far.

Top Bottom