• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia and Werewolves Gamethread

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Chaco Chaco
Uhhm sure? Kind of an odd question, but once I wake up. Still gotta reread your earlier posts to see where Scarlet is coming from

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
This is getting dumb. I’m not going to keep on repeating forever that I wasn’t bothered by that vote. I just wasn’t.
Tone reading someone who isn’t native to the language off a jokepost and treating that as gospel is bad.
Not listening to the people (Wiisp and Scarlet) that actually know me is equally bad.

Swiss stopped interacting with me when I called him out on the post where he attacked me for (not) doing things he’s also (not) doing. How you all decide he looks better than me in this is beyond me.

Rhand

Smash Journeyman
Honestly seems kindve chainsawy on me from SR, in protection of Rhand. Timing indicative as such also. I’m
Pre-flip association. The worst kind.
I wonder what that last sentence that you started or partly deleted was going to say.

Swiss

Smash Lord
#122 exlight dislike

#123 Wiisp dislike

#124 good content but too hands off, get stuck in Eido. You being cautious because you're not a vanilla I assume - but we still need to push.

#133 dislike gellick

#138 I wait with baited breath to finally see someone else's reads. Like Mao

Scarlet Null

#147 good push on Chaco. Scarlet +

#150 dislike Chaco

#158 yes wiisp I think you should claim

#159 dislike chaco -

ignoring wiisps posts

More content please Eido

#177 dislike exlight -

#179 ff dumbtown

#182 like Eido but you don't type enough. Let me get inside that brain of yours.

still ignoring wiisps posts

3DSNinja afk
ExLight --
gellnick -
Scarlet Rage null
Wam afk
Swiss werewolf
Wiisp indy/scum
Rhand -
FrozenFlame +
Chaco -
Whysper afk
Eido - not vanilla town +
Gorf null
Detective Mao - town ++

Would prefer the Exlight wagon but whatever

Vote: Chaco

Wiisp is top of my list to die.
Rhand can still go - only reason I think he may be town is because Wiisp keeps defending him, hoping he'll flip town.
Scarlet should be a (+) but has a brain so keeping them null
Exlight needs to gear up or go down.
Scarlet, disagree with reasoning as to why Chaco is scum but that doesn't matter anyway.

Chaco is a fairly weak willed player so a good few votes on him should reveal all.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Rhand can you be very clear on your read on Chaco.

This is also your chance to temporarily stop your bandwaggon - I strongly advise you vote Chaco.

Exlight will jump on this wagon which is good, so will anyone catching up over the next few hours I'm sure.

Wam

Smash Ace
I kind of wasnt expecting this to fill up so fast and start so fast. Hence being missing, apologies.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Swiss Swiss Yo I’m comfortable with Wiisp. He called your methods gross, but gave you space to keep going.

As you kept going, he continued to defend Rhand.

Does Scum Wiisp set himself up his grave like that? The connection feels too obvious.

Swiss

Smash Lord
^ my suggestion is the Rhand might not be scum, or at least not same faction as Wiisp - and he's defending him to look good.

He said I came out better, but that Rhand is this, but then also that. Don't like.

Wam

Smash Ace
Reading through at lunch.

So what's everyone's experience with forum mafia? I noticed in the signup thread that there was some discussion of mafia and mechanics and such, so just wondering. I've played less than a year, mostly on my homesite Forum of Lies.
10 years on and off. This forum a couple of games. Also I get lynched day 1 a lot...

You’re hilarious. I wonder what narrative you would’ve come up with if I had literally said “I’m not scum”.
Weird post for day 1, page 1.

Eh based on page 1 alone.

Vote rhand

At least one of rhand and swiss are scum.

Page 2:

Swiss is going waaaay to hard at me for the stage of the game we’re in.

Gorf’s vote is totally opportunistic too. I would not be surprised if he flips the other faction.
Why? pressure day 1 is a classic tactic.

U don't need my insight, I'm finna let you do your thing and see where this goes, I'm not particularly good at reading Rhand, all I can say is this behavior is particularly NAI so far.
Idle speculation if rhand is scum post above makes wiisp a potential buddy.

Actually thinking about it I think the above is bad irrespective of rhand"s alignment.

Unvote
vote wiisp

pick a side rhand scum or town?

Page 3:
Mao and gorf town based on tone. Gorf seems different from the 1 time I have seen scum gorf.

Rest of the catch up later.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
^ my suggestion is the Rhand might not be scum, or at least not same faction as Wiisp - and he's defending him to look good.

He said I came out better, but that Rhand is this, but then also that. Don't like.
Hm, Ok.

Why does Wiisp set himself up in this way?

My take is both Mafia teams are not in great positions to hard-defend other players. This is because the defended player could be another side of scum. So to me this incentivises Mafia to scumhunt more than defend. I'm looking at hard-defenses then as a possible Townie reaction because of this.

Rhand Rhand -With your experience playing with Wiisp, do you feel his defence of you is off in any way?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Pre-flip association. The worst kind.
I wonder what that last sentence that you started or partly deleted was going to say.
I use my phone so you’ll have random add ins occasionally that aren’t meant to be there. And to each their own, I thrive in preflip connection.

Wam

Smash Ace
Page 4:

I'm not really in a hurry to comment anything
it's a 120h Day Phase and honestly I'd prefer a steady laidback rhythm over these spurs full of overthinking maybe

If I notice anything that pings me I'll start hounding it
How comfy is that fence?

Wam

Smash Ace
I posted the above half finished will keep going when I get a chance.

Chaco

Never Logs In
#122 exlight dislike

#123 Wiisp dislike

#124 good content but too hands off, get stuck in Eido. You being cautious because you're not a vanilla I assume - but we still need to push.

#133 dislike gellick

#138 I wait with baited breath to finally see someone else's reads. Like Mao

Scarlet Null

#147 good push on Chaco. Scarlet +

#150 dislike Chaco

#158 yes wiisp I think you should claim

#159 dislike chaco -

ignoring wiisps posts

More content please Eido

#177 dislike exlight -

#179 ff dumbtown

#182 like Eido but you don't type enough. Let me get inside that brain of yours.

still ignoring wiisps posts

3DSNinja afk
ExLight --
gellnick -
Scarlet Rage null
Wam afk
Swiss werewolf
Wiisp indy/scum
Rhand -
FrozenFlame +
Chaco -
Whysper afk
Eido - not vanilla town +
Gorf null
Detective Mao - town ++

Would prefer the Exlight wagon but whatever

Vote: Chaco

Wiisp is top of my list to die.
Rhand can still go - only reason I think he may be town is because Wiisp keeps defending him, hoping he'll flip town.
Scarlet should be a (+) but has a brain so keeping them null
Exlight needs to gear up or go down.
Scarlet, disagree with reasoning as to why Chaco is scum but that doesn't matter anyway.

Chaco is a fairly weak willed player so a good few votes on him should reveal all.
Lol Swiss, dude, not even gonna comment on that. You say I’m scum, and then don’t even mark me as such, and then still say Wiisp is top of list to die. So where’s your head actually at? Tell me what you don’t like rather than trying to be cryptic now and feel me out. I personally haven’t seen a thing yet as to why you’d come this way other than potentially pocketing Scarlet cause no ones giving any reason.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Literally that whole text basically even says I’ll ride that to a mislynch if I can cause people will jump on it, if not I’m still willing to vote here, and here.

That’s so grody.

Wam

Smash Ace
Page 4:
I'm not really in a hurry to comment anything
it's a 120h Day Phase and honestly I'd prefer a steady laidback rhythm over these spurs full of overthinking maybe

If I notice anything that pings me I'll start hounding it
How comfy is that fence?

I've been playing for two years but my homesite shut down Forum Mafia so I haven't played much for the past year. We're finally starting back up again lol

Unvote
Was an RVS vote, I think we're done with RVS now.

I'm gonna keep watching, and comment if there's something I see.
Big fence...

It seems like half the people have the same mindset, so that's quite troublesome. Remember that you also have an obligation to let others know you're town, and not just hunt scum. We wouldn't want the thread to die because we're all waiting for someone to do something, now would we?
Probably the towniest post I have read so far.

I don't get scarlet rage's chaco case. But I dont see it coming from a scum scarlet perspective.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco....open your eyes

Positive (+) means town lean
Negative (-) means scum lean
I see that but it’s flimsy and back doored from the bottom. It’s not hard stance and since you seem to have so many reads I don’t think it’s hard for you to iron that out

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Ohh swiss finna ignore my posts, good, I was already ignoring his

He pretends to be so good, but can't even get my alignment right, I don't give chances to players that play like this and can't be consistent

Wiisp

Smash Lord
So wisp should die, but let me pressure Chaco with my vote... Epic kek

And u didn't even give him a read in that post, double kek

Chaco

Never Logs In
So wisp should die, but let me pressure Chaco with my vote... Epic kek

And u didn't even give him a read in that post, double kek
You’re telling me it’s not just me with closed eyes?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I have a read, frozenflame is a wolf, you are ignoring my posts you said, so how would you even know if I had a read?

Wam

Smash Ace
Page 5

Chaco response to the case is reasonable.

Comfortable with Wiisp / Scarlet / Swiss.

There's not enough info for me yet on the impact made by Swiss across the playerlist. I have ideas, but there's no content from a big chunk of the roster.

Unvote
Vote: Gellnick

They feel awkwardly positioned on the side of the discussion, like they are struggling to break in to it.
Eido is town. There is no way novice scum go gellick here.

Wam

Smash Ace
Page 5

Chaco response to the case is reasonable.

Comfortable with Wiisp / Scarlet / Swiss.

There's not enough info for me yet on the impact made by Swiss across the playerlist. I have ideas, but there's no content from a big chunk of the roster.

Unvote
Vote: Gellnick

They feel awkwardly positioned on the side of the discussion, like they are struggling to break in to it.
Eido is town. There is no way novice scum go gellick here.

Page 6
This is getting dumb. I’m not going to keep on repeating forever that I wasn’t bothered by that vote. I just wasn’t.
Tone reading someone who isn’t native to the language off a jokepost and treating that as gospel is bad.
Not listening to the people (Wiisp and Scarlet) that actually know me is equally bad.

Swiss stopped interacting with me when I called him out on the post where he attacked me for (not) doing things he’s also (not) doing. How you all decide he looks better than me in this is beyond me.
Hate the post above. At this point it felt to me like the thread was moving on and this post it's so defensive from someone who cares about surviving not hunting.

Vote rhand

Just to be clear is there anyone here who is going to step forward and defend Wiisp?
Nope at this point happy with either a rhand or wiisp lynch.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Chaco Wiisp not teammates

Still happy with that Wiisp Lynch
Chaco gone and cracked after a bandwagon of 2 - surely a record
Can we bandwagon Exlight now

leaving vote on Chaco to watch him squirm more

Swiss

Smash Lord
Mostly because you called Eido town in 182.

And partly calling you town to keep you on side with me. You want to Lynch the same people as me so you’re either smart or buddying up to me - I’m cool with either

ExLight

Smash Lord
Page 4:

How comfy is that fence?
am I lying? why the need to rush when we have no vote interaction, flips, nor mechanical info around?

considering crippling depression was the main reason I could barely read the thread when writing that not so comfy

will try to catch up today and put in some thought

Wam

Smash Ace
am I lying? why the need to rush when we have no vote interaction, flips, nor mechanical info around?

considering crippling depression was the main reason I could barely read the thread when writing that not so comfy

will try to catch up today and put in some thought
Health mental and physical comes first it's only a game!

Look forward to the content!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don’t mind the conversation if you’ve got some reasoning though. Leave me stuff throughout the day cause I’ll be gone til late this evening now.

Forewarning though for my activity, I’ll be here as much as I can just don’t expect crazy volume from me.Work is insane and pregnant wife keeps merunning.

Top Bottom