• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Not mixing stuff up isn't a style, it's just bad play.
If people knew my bad habits I'd love for them to point them out.
Everybody has bad habits, even mango and PP have bad habits that can be exploited.
Pointing out bad habits doesn't mean we hate you.
:)

lonejedi - I would be hype about this but you don't go to tourneys or smashfests and only play with vino :awesome:

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Stop playing this horrible game and come to more MvC3 tournies in IL
ahh. someone is challenging my throne in milwaukee. fair enough, someone needs to kick frankie g's ***. I'll make a trip to one sometime next year. and once I get a car over the summer, your state is going down. and when I mean down, I mean I'll bring alex with me as well to get top two...easily. I've seen your grand finals, so many dropped combos. (facepalm)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
ahh. someone is challenging my throne in milwaukee. fair enough, someone needs to kick frankie g's ***. I'll make a trip to one sometime next year. and once I get a car over the summer, your state is going down. and when I mean down, I mean I'll bring alex with me as well to get top two...easily. I've seen your grand finals, so many dropped combos. (facepalm)
Me and Limbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Franky free any day of the week. The fact that you think he's one of IL's best players is laughable

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Me and Limbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Franky free any day of the week. The fact that you think he's one of IL's best players is laughable
he was in grand finals last time I checked like two months ago. and besides, I've been going to minnesota for marvel training, they are better then you in tourney results

john!

Smash Hero
Not mixing stuff up isn't a style, it's just bad play.
If people knew my bad habits I'd love for them to point them out.
Everybody has bad habits, even mango and PP have bad habits that can be exploited.
Pointing out bad habits doesn't mean we hate you.
:)
if i didn't mix stuff up, then i would lose to anyone with a brain.

"john is on the ledge, he's going to dair, i'm going to punish" <- that would happen every time and i would get edgeguarded 100% of the time

"john lasered my shield, he's going to grab me, i'm going to spotdodge and punish the grab" <- that would happen every time and i would never be able to land a grab

but it doesn't happen even when i play patient/smart players like mundungu. maybe i do mixups that aren't immediately noticeable?

just because i don't have uber tech skill doesn't mean that i have a dumb style of play. you guys are so superficial...

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I don't think you're a bad player, you do really well. I just think there's easy stuff you could work on to get loads better.

I think your playstyle is fairly transparent relative to your skill level, and players better than you abuse it to beat you even though you choose strong options, space pretty good, and have consistent tech skill.

I think that's why you lose the sets you lose.

You don't think your playstyle is transparent, so why do you think you lose the sets you lose?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Personally I think John's attitude towards playing is his biggest fault. When you talk about how much you hate X, or how Y is unbeatable, you are already at a disadvantage to those things.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
25$ is just stupid sanchaz. Even a Blind Squirrel gets the acorn every once in awhile. You could win a lucky match and I'd be out $25. I would be fine with 3 $5 dollar MM's though.

Im coming to a Smashfest this Break. Job johns have held me back in the past, but I'm making it happen now that school if off.

And LightsoutAce, you're prob one of the worst Sheiks i've ever seen.

GET AT ME MADISON. THIS STATE NEEDS SOME HYPE AND SMACK TALK.

john!

Smash Hero
I don't think you're a bad player, you do really well. I just think there's easy stuff you could work on to get loads better.

I think your playstyle is fairly transparent relative to your skill level, and players better than you abuse it to beat you even though you choose strong options, space pretty good, and have consistent tech skill.

I think that's why you lose the sets you lose.

You don't think your playstyle is transparent, so why do you think you lose the sets you lose?
i admit that i'm pretty bad at focusing and mixing up my approaches and stuff. i've beaten some solid players before because i've been "in the zone", but when i'm not in the zone, i play like
lonejedi

Personally I think John's attitude towards playing is his biggest fault. When you talk about how much you hate X, or how Y is unbeatable, you are already at a disadvantage to those things.
i just say that to get it off my chest lol, that doesn't mean that i don't try to overcome those things

Im coming to a Smashfest this Break. Job johns have held me back in the past, but I'm making it happen now that school if off.
WHOAAAAA look out guys, lonejedi is coming to a SMASHFEST, **** just got realllllllll. :awesome::awesome::awesome: nah i'm kidding

GET AT ME MADISON. THIS STATE NEEDS SOME HYPE AND SMACK TALK.
nobody gets mad about smack talk anymore because we're all conditioned to not respond to trolling

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I'm not trolling though, I seriously think that for the most part, I'm a better play than all of Madison, with the exception of Vino. You'll always beat me John cause I just lose to peaches, but I'm not afraid to back my talk up with MM's.

I'll take $5 MM to anyone other than John's Peach.

john!

Smash Hero
oh this is just priceless. this is really good stuff here. i like this.

i don't normally do money matches but i might make an exception for you, mr. jedi

vs. my fox or falco (once i decide which is better), maybe both

and my ice climbers

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Lol brightside, I'm going to start playing marvel more now, I'll have to see if I can make it out there for some tourneys. Hopefully alex + sanchaz would be willing to travel. I think I'm switching to Spiderman!

John, people lose to you because they are far worse than you are. I know personally that I do punish your ledgehop arials 100% of the time, and never get laser grabbed unless I try something other than a roll, and I still lose because I am complete trash at this game. You could be really good if you started thinking at all during your games, since your autopilot is ok You do get punished a ton for the same **** over and over even if you don't realize it.

Quaz, ggs yesterday. I got that ******** ticket too, looks like we can't park there anymore. Where are we supposed to park for these fests?

Lonejedi, I'll MM you for any amount of $$$.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Lol brightside, I'm going to start playing marvel more now, I'll have to see if I can make it out there for some tourneys. Hopefully alex + sanchaz would be willing to travel. I think I'm switching to Spiderman!
Cool you WI guys should try to come to Frosty Faustings coming up.

Also Spidey is *** in UMvC3. It's almost upsetting.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
LOL at those thinking lonejedi is just trolling.

Sanchez-Lonejedi will abuse your lack of tech skill then kill you in a 0 to death combo using an array of unique tilt mixups. HAAH just try to camp him and see what happens, you'll be dead before you can even yell "Sanchez!".

Frootloop-LOL. Maybe second time is the charm?!!:awesome: Try your fancy tech **** lonejedi will just gimp you anyways...gg...

John-HAHA your fox or falco? PUHLEEZ. Lonejedi eats mediocre space animals for breakfast, lunch, and sometimes brunch. see above. Also ice climbers? Lonejedi is so good he doesn't fall for that wavedash-->downsmash ****. get on his level.

Mundungu-Who are you going to go, marth? LOL Lonejedi has been hailed "the destroyer of marths", even instilling fear in the minds of marth legends such as Husband, Azen, and Cosmo. Or maybe you'll go ganondorf? lol gl trying to get back from the ledge after he combos you.

It's like you all don't understand lonejedi's awesomeness. You didn't see what i saw. You didn't see crashman huddled in a corner crying in the fetal position. I did. Since that day i decided never to get on Lonejedi's bad side.

After he beats you all in MM, he will buy each and every one of you a puppy, let you fall in love with it, and then murder it in front of you with a bat. Then he will take a massive dump in each of your controllers, forcing you all to retire at an early age.

;)

EDIT: Forgot Quaz. Quaz, you will also lose, and Lonejedi will buy you 2 soon-to-be-dead puppies.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
The thing is that lonejedi hasn't seen anyone play for like a year. the last time I played a match that lonejedi MIGHT have seen was over a year ago.

Also, "tilt mixups??!" LO F***IN L. Vino's just mad that the people he plays with most are lonejedi and Sanchaz. We're not mad, we're just disappointed.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Um... Lights out ace... I was at the smashfest like... 4 months ago at Steve's where I demolished Fruitloop 3-1 in a MM, and that was after not playing for 2 months. I'd make an exception for you Lightsout. $10 Sheik Ditto MM. Trust me, I play against vinos fox and falco all the time, his fox beat Madison's So called best player in a ditto in sanchez, I think I'll manage.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
**** just got real, real quick lol

f*ckin trolls :3
yeah, wtf happened here.

lonejedi I said $25 or hell if your willing to make it $50 thats fine with me. I want motivation to play this game. My primary focus has been marvel lately. Unless you want to be a *****, and cop out with $5, I have no reason to try. I'll still accept, but come on, this is a serious. maybe if you want to do sets of $5 that would be okay, but I expect to play at least 5 sets. or the $50 could be just ft7 wins

Lightsoutace and me have been running tournaments in madison for months now. I thought you took up this responsibility like.......a year ago? since then, we had 4 tourneys on a bi-monthly basis, altering with chicago's. you have contributed to these by.....I got nothin.

John: "WHOAAAAA look out guys, lonejedi is coming to a SMASHFEST, **** just got realllllllll. nah i'm kidding" (i suck at quoting stuff) my thoughts exactly, except I would had more sunglasses dudes to show how cool we are. if you and lonejedi do a mm, I'll put 5 on your ice climbers

lol vino.

mundungu: i thought you were done with marvel. That would be so cool if we can travel for marvel. I want to get a car so I can at least pick up alex during the summer, or even bus it to chicago. I WILL ***** OUT LOTS OF GAS $ if you guys decide to go during the spring, let me know

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lonejedi I said $25 or hell if your willing to make it $50 thats fine with me. I want motivation to play this game. My primary focus has been marvel lately. Unless you want to be a *****, and cop out with $5, I have no reason to try. I'll still accept, but come on, this is a serious. maybe if you want to do sets of $5 that would be okay, but I expect to play at least 5 sets. or the $50 could be just ft7 wins
You've been playing to much marvel. You'd be lucky to get a 1$ MM.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Idk if spidey is worse or not, but he is a lot more fun to play, since you can pretty much cancel anything into anything now. Sanchaz, I didn't say I was quitting, idk where you got that. I said I was pretty much done with my vanilla team, since I just keep losing with them now. I blame sent.

Also spidey + hawkeye is pretty rediculous. I wish hawkeye wasn't so awkward / campy.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Anyways, after my fake smack. Let's go to Don't Blink guys. it's $5 for melee singles, but if we get enough, maybe we can convince them to do $10.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I would do 10$ if people wanted. The last DB that WI Melee showed up for we had 30 entrants since it provoked more Chicago/oos melee. I'm pretty sure everyone just watched EVO during that tourney though haha.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
3rd party memory cards: destroying lives since the 20th century.

I'd go to any tournament I can get a ride to lol. January 14 would be tough because I'll be in Eau Claire, but the 21st would be great.

Top Bottom