• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

I cannot see either getting more depressed. They are typically normal functioning people who work with "other" people's problems. They should feel quite elated they are so well off.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
when your job is to empathize and offer support for people going through tough times you're not like "LOL glad I'm not those dudes!"

I think people will achieve some small portion of happiness in there day when they compare their life to someone else's. It may never be a strong feeling nor might it be a conscious thought. But when someone takes the time to consider someone else's life that is a worse state than their own, they can be satisfied in what they have.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
my results in minnesota:

I won teams with randell. I felt that I kicked *** with that dude, my fingers hurt so much after playing fox in teams that I switch to falcon for singles.

singles: I took third losing to wake and bluezaft???? Wake is a very fast peach player (better then john by a far margin) and bluezaft is a marth main from texas, it was interestring. He teams with darkrain, :D.

I felt that I could of beaten them, but to be honest, my fingers hurt so bad (johns) that I played falcon sheik for singles.

I played some umvc3 and profit, :D

project m is really cool, ike reminds me of captain falcon but better, I won all of my project m mm's.

In terms of money, I broke even, lol.

I'm trying to convince chexr, zeus, wake, and maybe amaze to come to imbd3 to have fun, :)

after imbd3, I want to take a break from melee. it stresses me out to much. I don't want to play for a while, like at least 3-4 months., its a fun game, but jesus, its stressful.

heh. I represented wisconsin and I believe I did the best I could.

team moonwalk

sanchaz

Smash Lord
With Falcon/Sheik? I don't think so. Your Fox is way better.
I was playing melee the whole day and I just got so tired of playing fox. I think that my sheik/falcon was actually doing some work.

I want to change my main to sheik/falcon. I think that if I practice Oos options that I would be a lot better. plus I'm having fun :awesome:. (yes, I think sheik is sometimes fun to)

john: I saw what you have to do to get better with peach and its pretty easy, lmao. MOVE REALLY FAST!!! thats it.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Fox has better oos options than Sheik. Fox has better everything than Sheik offensively, as well. The only thing he's got worse is getting combo'd easier.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
sheik has much more range oos and in neutral. Her roll is better than fox's and she can wd/nair oos and flip pressure. fox's shine oos basically resets to neutral and you can space around it way easier than sheik's oos game.
I also think sheik is better at transitioning from comboing to edgeguarding, so she would need less hits in neutral to get a kill. Fox is easier to gimp/edgeguard, sheik has mixups against edgeguard loops, but fox has at best a 50/50 for his stock. People just suck and try to edgeguard firefox from below with sheik's dsmash or other things that are unreliable.
She's also easier to space and control for people like sanchaz who can't play fox for more than 6 sets in a row =P.
Good stuff sanchaz!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I hate megabus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was suppose to leave at 2pm, its 4:12. in the cold....freezing. I'm going to be *****ing when I get back

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Fox can wd oos and punish just like Sheik can, plus his usmash oos is really good...

And Sheik is a better defensive character because of her roll, less able to be comboed, etc. I would disagree about recovery, though. Fox's is waaay better and he has more tricks to mess up someone in an edgeguarding loop than Sheik does.

And what do you mean about transitioning to edgeguarding? Fox is so fast he can do whatever he wants.

yoshq

Smash Master
when your job is to empathize and offer support for people going through tough times you're not like "LOL glad I'm not those dudes!"
sure, you're like that for the most part, but you can't just let it pass over your emotions when you find out about these problems going on around you. unless you're a dick or something. think about it like if a friend tells you about something gong on in their life and you try to help them. you're not gonna exactly be pissing rainbows while you're listening to them.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
sheik's combos usually end with a slap or dsmash, which leaves them recovering low. Fox usually ends combos with usmash or uair/bair which send them mostly up so after his combo you're not usually edgeguarding so much as waiting for them to fall back down. If he really wants to edgeguard he'd have to use weaker finishers like shine or dsmash/fsmash.

sheik makes it back from farther and has tons of invincibility on her recovery. if you up-b to a platform you eat a bair and you're usually home free unless you're over 80 or so. Clear the edge with your double jump and then take it with your upB. upB early if they come out to hit you. She also has upB to edge and into the ground if the other player doesn't hold edge untill you poof. If fox gets hit off at 80 he's also dead anyway. Sheik is also a lot more comfortable from the edge than fox because of her stall and being floatier, so getting from edge -> stage is less risky imo.

Sheik's nair oos is bigger and faster than fox's usmash oos. If fox wd oos to escape pressure it probably resets because he no longer has moves that hit where he was shielding. Sheik wd oos can still quickly ftilt the opponent if they weren't prepared for the wd.

edit: yoshq I think you agree with me then... I said that's NOT something you say.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Sheik nair OOS and Fox UpSmash OOS are both the exact same frame start, but it's easier to upsmash perfectly vs jump and aerial frame perfect oos.

Fox Upsmash is frame 7, and upsmash cancels the jump start time. It's the same frame as his shield grab.

Sheik jump start is 4 frames, and Nair hitbox comes out frame 3.

Sheik Nair can beat more options though and has way more coverage/less cool down/you can retreat or approach. The only downside by comparison is probably it can be CCed and punished for a lot longer than Fox upsmash and is a lot easier to CC and punish.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I get what you're saying about transitioning to edgeguarding.

I still don't think Sheik's recovery is as good as Fox's. How many times has someone up-b from the ledge/onto the stage with Sheik and hit someone with it, leading to them dying? Not many. She has ONE recovery option (two if there's a platform) while Fox has two always (plus an additional one if he uses up-b above the ledge) and even more if platforms are involved.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
lmao, I was laughing the entire time. I was just tired of playing melee the whole weekend and umvc3, and testing out project m. My set was wake was so fun, by that time, I was so sick of playing fox. I'll get him next time. that bluezaft dude is a problem though.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Oro: yeah I figured startup was equal give or take a frame. But fox takes a couple frames to flip his hitbox, while sheik's nair is like everywhere forever. Basically I agree.

Sam: You're talking only about the case where sheik can't reach the stage/edge with her double jump (and sometimes airdodge too) and the opponent has time to grab the edge. In the same case fox can't upB above the stage without getting hit out of charge up, and sideB has crap priority and gets beat by like every move in the game. Plus you can guard against sideB and react to upB. Plus this happens to fox more than sheik cuz he falls so much faster than she does. Watch m2k be ambiguous during his recovery and how he edgeguards fox. He's not a superhero, you can do it too.

Sanchaz: How is it that you went falcon for singles when you went fox fox sheik for your only recorded set lol ;) Game 1 Wake basically played a fast peach who dsmashes a bit too much for the first half of the match and destroyed you. The second half he slowed down a lot and you used your anti-john strat against him and almost won. Didn't watch the rest. You did look a little off but I figured it was your confusion about getting pressured by peach. Close games

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Oro: yeah I figured startup was equal give or take a frame. But fox takes a couple frames to flip his hitbox, while sheik's nair is like everywhere forever. Basically I agree.

Sam: You're talking only about the case where sheik can't reach the stage/edge with her double jump (and sometimes airdodge too) and the opponent has time to grab the edge. In the same case fox can't upB above the stage without getting hit out of charge up, and sideB has crap priority and gets beat by like every move in the game. Plus you can guard against sideB and react to upB. Plus this happens to fox more than sheik cuz he falls so much faster than she does. Watch m2k be ambiguous during his recovery and how he edgeguards fox. He's not a superhero, you can do it too.

Sanchaz: How is it that you went falcon for singles when you went fox fox sheik for your only recorded set lol ;) Game 1 Wake basically played a fast peach who dsmashes a bit too much for the first half of the match and destroyed you. The second half he slowed down a lot and you used your anti-john strat against him and almost won. Didn't watch the rest. You did look a little off but I figured it was your confusion about getting pressured by peach. Close games

he wanted to play against my fox and I was no, and he was like yes, and I was like okay, you had to be their. lmao.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
he got knocked out of losers by rrr's kirby last time i saw him at a tournament. just sayin
LMAO. thats my teammate bro. kirby rulez

he's a lot better then what you guys think, better then dart, but in a very different way, I didn't understand his playstyle at all, but I respect it. Hopefully next time I can beat him.

John and Wake will never play in the same tournament. They will be forever waiting for the other to make it out to their own location.

Top Bottom