• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MA Power Rankings (melee)/General Discussion

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Holy sh*! there are more people from Boston/Mass than just Shanus and I who play SMASH!? Yes to P:M fest times a million!! I hope to God I don't have work for this!!!

I live just north of Boston. WHo wants to play P:M with me!?!?! I'd love to play with more people from Mass!!?!? :D
If you are talking melee, I live just north of Boston as well. There is actually a decent group of players that play melee in the general area, I'm in Florida right now but I'll be back in a few days, just drop me a pm if you want some more info.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Holy sh*! there are more people from Boston/Mass than just Shanus and I who play SMASH!? Yes to P:M fest times a million!! I hope to God I don't have work for this!!!

I live just north of Boston. WHo wants to play P:M with me!?!?! I'd love to play with more people from Mass!!?!? :D
Where have you been? Of course there are a bunch of us!! :D

PM me and we'll set something up

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
shadowball you can do it!
we still have to do those lowtier MMs you promised!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
BTW I beat DD's mewtwo with my marth, like I said I would.

reguardless its a very good mewtwo and is drastically different from mine; I'd like to test other match-ups against it. i hate mewtwo dittos anyways lol. though i'll practice them with him, since we're like the only mewtwo players in the state lol.

as for the MM's even if I don't go to that tourny I'll be to another one before too much more time passes. the longer it takes the better I'll be and the better the MM's will be lol.

the aforementioned tourny just happens to be on a bad date that's all.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
was this a MM or tourney?
this

:3 I feel ya. Although I don't think we're the ones MMing. xD They just placed bets.

But if you want to put money on it, I'll go get some.

i'll be more than happy to just spar with you. seriouslies? =D
Sounds good.
:p

-DD
as far as I know both of us stuck to that and if my memory isn't screwed up i;m pretty sure that neither of us were taking it very easy on eachother.

he DID beat me in mewtwo dittos and took a game off my marth (I won the set 2-1 iirc) kudos to him for getting me of all ppl with the battlefield glitch. that was a RIOT. i never said I *****; like i said a few posts ago its a nice mewtwo. :)

whatever Marth vs M2 is just as bad as Fox/Falco vs Mewtwo for mewtwo, esp if the Marth knows the spacing and plays "Mad Homo" as Flaco puts it. i've had my m2 tippered in the TAIL. if that's not dumb I dk what is.

DD we'll play again. we should handcuff ourselves to a T.V. @ CtConn and just play mewtwo dittos all day. =D

how about m2 teams? that's a funny thought. :psycho:

I'm tired g'night y'all. :)

Roman.

Smash Champion
okay, so dudutsai sent me an IM saying that i am to keep the PR updated

so what i've done is invited all of the top 5 MA players to a group (http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1955) and am going to invite anyone else that seems like they play with us (maine, RI, CT) enough to help update the PR

it seems dumb to update it after every tourney so i think 2 months sounds like a good time frame

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
okay, so dudutsai sent me an IM saying that i am to keep the PR updated

so what i've done is invited all of the top 5 MA players to a group (http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1955) and am going to invite anyone else that seems like they play with us (maine, RI, CT) enough to help update the PR

it seems dumb to update it after every tourney so i think 2 months sounds like a good time frame
I don't think 2 months is really long enough but w/e.

The top 5 players being invited seems to be a little off putting since your just going to end up with disputes about their own rankings. That being said, I'm fine with being removed from the actual ranking and becoming a power ranker. The main updaters should be more of the RI/ME/CT group than the actual players imo.

Now that Summer is coming around while I'll still be playing I'm not sure how many tournaments I'll be playing in. I'm going to be gymming and table tennissing it up and probably picking up badminton with a friend who wants to play it. That coupled with my job (30% travel) + the nice weather starting means I'm not sure how dedicated I want to be traveling for melee when I'm happy with my skill level and have no real desire to want to get any better.

That being said, I'm going to the CT tourney this weekend. I need to convince someone to team with me that's going.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I don't know why so many people care about arbitrarily close rankings in a PR list that most people agree doesn't even matter.... I've been wanting to say this for a long time, so now that I'm not on the panel I want to get it out.

The three reasons why a PR is made:
1) Let's outsiders know who to watch out for
2) Motivation for younger players.
3) Bragging rights. Self explanatory

Since our region doesn't really make a difference in the bigger smash scene, outsiders have nothing to take from the PR.

No matter what the list is, motivation for younger remains the same.

You realize that you are just arguing back and forth for bragging rights right?

Roman.

Smash Champion
I don't know why so many people care about arbitrarily close rankings in a PR list that most people agree doesn't even matter.... I've been wanting to say this for a long time, so now that I'm not on the panel I want to get it out.

The three reasons why a PR is made:
1) Let's outsiders know who to watch out for
2) Motivation for younger players.
3) Bragging rights. Self explanatory

Since our region doesn't really make a difference in the bigger smash scene, outsiders have nothing to take from the PR.

No matter what the list is, motivation for younger remains the same.

You realize that you are just arguing back and forth for bragging rights right?
just sotp

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yu guys should just let me do the ranking cuz i'm the smartest, most honorable and least biased person in the north east

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Or mass is ****ing terrible and doesn't need one because the "best" player in the state got 9th at a tournament last weekend.
o_o

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
YOU GUYS DUN NEED A PR
well, i don't need my hair.

but i like it.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
@Shadow you can always come play me >.>; Boston kinda far though. To my credit I raised the powerlevels of like 7 people.
Can't believe I overlooked this post. being polite and replying. i dk how often that would even be. boston isn't just kinda far it's hella far. >_<;;;;; the wear and tear on my truck if i started heading out consistantly plus working 40 + hours a week... equals ouch. it hurts my head and wallet just thinking about it.

life sucks. if we lived closer together it would be 1000% yes. :(

A.) Shadowball, congrats on beating a M2 main with Marth. Must've been the hardest friendlies of your life. GOOD ****.
i've also beaten pichu mains with marth. you have to appreciate the small stuff. ;) and falcon mains and peach mains and marth mains and fox mains... wait what was i talking about? O.o

sleepyk's hair is sooooo beautiful and full...
^^ says the dude with W. Ma's finest head of hair. I can't believe that I don't recall sleepyK's hair though. *hmmm* nice pic though.

*EDIT*: @ Cog yeah I didn't understand WTF dudutsai meant by that either. >.>

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Sai typo'd. younger players**

Also, I dunno why Sai was such a driving force on the PR if he didn't actually want one.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
ah i get it.

maybe sai was thinking it'd be top ten? i dk

though i'm fine with the top five, even though there's no way I'll place high enough often enough to rank @ my current skill level.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yu guys are whack as ****

arc play me =/. make me better at this game

your skill never ceases to amaze me

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
badminton is actually a harder game to play than people give it credit for. stupid birdie lol
Yeah it's the fastest racket sport in the world I believe. I think it would be good for a work out. I'm not good at it at all haven't played it since elementary school maybe.

But yeah I think it's an awesome sport.

Top Bottom