• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M2k vs Dojo (vid inside)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Because they have a defensive play style. They might want to counteract. I mean, this is really obvious. I am sure there are other reasons, but it's not that hard.

I hope you won't take this down M2K, no one will beat you with your own style as long as you'll keep attending tournaments, trust me.
First - Last I checked, Azen is actually an offencive Lucario.

Second - No one has the mental capacity to beat M2K with his own style.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
that's not true at all

im glad only 1 thing got recorded if these are the conclusions you make, since it hardly shows anything

you should prolly take the vid down now, i knew ppl would be dumb

if you're just going to say you sandbagged then don't bother playing me, which i believe is a lie anyway, since you walked away right away even though I asked to play more games, then told leeharris that you got 3 stocked, obviously mad about it, and every friendly that wasn't close which was most of them you always seem to be mad too. I wasn't trying to analyze anything, I don't like playing sandbaggers, and I also don't like liars, and from what I know most likely it was one or the other. This is another reason why I don't want it up, and now would like it taken down, so when you see this message take it down asap, thx.
Dojo, do you have a response to this? Given the evidence of your reaction M2K provided, you sure do sound like a liar.... :(

Edit: This is why I downloaded the video immediately. I hope we still get to see the other match. Was it M2K vs DSF? I forget.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
no, i was much more aggressive vs azen at hobo11 in the finals. The first set I ever played vs azen was that recorded C3 set, which was the first time i had used MK at all with no experience, so i wasn't really sure what to do.

i do want it down, so take it down now. I am not changing my mind.

I also really doubt I got any better since I never play the game unless someone visits me which no one ever does. Brawl is pretty boring, but at least MK makes it SORT OF fun.

I don't want my match with DSF on youtube either. I would like to see it myself, but I don't care that much, but not everyone else. It wasn't even a good match anyway.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
First - Last I checked, Azen is actually an offencive Lucario.

Second - No one has the mental capacity to beat M2K with his own style.
First: that doesn't mean he can't counter act.
Second: That is just bull****. I am sure M2K is really good, but don't forget he uses MK. MK is considered the best counter pick against MK, and M2K has a lot of experience against MKs.

M2K, that sounds dumb. MK makes Brawl fun? Winning with the best character in the game is fun? Taking a plane to go to tournaments is fun? Why play a boring game with the best character? Try winning a tournament with a bad character, that's fun.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
not really, I don't have a lot of experience against anythings. Nobody plays me ever, 90% of my play time comes from Saturdays at the tourneys. I just can learn it fast because of Melee. I used to hate MK dittos, then I played a few friendlies and gradually got better at them. I don't even know that much except just forward tilt and backwards fair, and that tornado beats a few moves. I'm not saying anymore. I've already said WAY too much for such a shallow game.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I mean if Dojo's lying like it sounds that's really lame. I'd walk away smiling after getting 3-stocked by M2K. (Ok, actually that's a lie; I'd just ask to play more matches! **** Cinnaminson being so far away!)

Wow, I just read this again and realized what I missed:

you walked away right away even though I asked to play more games, then told leeharris that you got 3 stocked, obviously mad about it, and every friendly that wasn't close which was most of them you always seem to be mad too. I wasn't trying to analyze anything, I don't like playing sandbaggers, and I also don't like liars, and from what I know most likely it was one or the other.
Yeah. I wish I got to play against him constantly.
Either M2K is lying or Dojo is lying, and there's no reason M2K would lie about something like this. Please explain yourself Dojo, or I'm gonna have to take you off my friends list. :(

Was that the only friendly you two played?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
First: that doesn't mean he can't counter act.
Second: That is just bull****. I am sure M2K is really good, but don't forget he uses MK. MK is considered the best counter pick against MK, and M2K has a lot of experience against MKs.
Responce:

not really, I don't have a lot of experience against anythings. Nobody plays me ever, 90% of my play time comes from Saturdays at the tourneys. I just can learn it fast because of Melee. I used to hate MK dittos, then I played a few friendlies and gradually got better at them. I don't even know that much except just forward tilt and backwards fair, and that tornado beats a few moves. I'm not saying anymore. I've already said WAY too much for such a shallow game.
- Mew2King

Are you serious?

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I am sure I have way less experience.

Why not tell everyone what you know if it's such a boring game anyway? I'm sure you are good because of Melee. You probably know a lot more than most people, so why no tell everyone?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I don't even know that much except just forward tilt and backwards fair, and that tornado beats a few moves. I'm not saying anymore. I've already said WAY too much for such a shallow game.
Why is there such a thing as saying too much? You defined the weights of characters in Melee, but you don't want to share mirror strategy? I guess if I was winning hundreds of dollars every week I'd do the same... but that's lame.

Why not put up the DSF video? That has nothing to do with this. You just don't want your strategy seen?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
all that happened was i said "we should play a lot of games" before we played. After i 3 stocked him, even though I THINK we were doing sets and he could have played again, he just walked away, then later I found he had already told leeharris that i 3 stocked him. And every friendly that wasn't close, which over half of them, he just seemed mad.

I like Dojo, I just think he's lying about sandbagging. I don't care if it was even a fluke, like I could just do bad once and then say I sandbagged but that would be stupid. Matches vary, things happen, everyone makes mistakes, I got hit from bad timing a lot of things my first stock, and didn't follow up many things right, but who cares. It's 1 random friendly. The tourney matches were similar, both were 2 stock low % or 2 stock mid %. I don't care anymore, it's just the stuff people say that makes me mad. I just wanna play the game because it's fun and I also like the challenge and could learn things. For all I know he could have actually thought I was trying to analyze him, but the fact that he walked away right away even though I told him before the match that I wanted to play more games, told leeharris about it probably because he was upset, and seemed in a bad mood at a later point in the day when i beat him 2 stock low % in one random friendly leads me to believe that he was just saying that. That is a big reason I didn't even want it online, but since he said he didn't care I was like whatever.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
M2K, don't you analyze these things endlessly? I mean, you are very sure of matchups that are contrary to the opinions of half of smashboards, such as MK v. Olimar.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Responce:

- Mew2King

Are you serious?
yes, I've probably played brawl about 200 hours since release outside of tourney and MK for well under 100 hours. My total Melee time is 5k or 6k hours since 2001, but most of that was just messing around, but many hundreds of those hours were practice

edit - i might analyze people while watching them play, or learn their habits accidentally, but i don't play people with the intention of analyzing them when i play, I just wanna see how good I can do, then I continue playing for fun and to hopefully learn things.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
yes, I;ve probably played brawl about 200 hours since release outside of tourney and MK for well under 100 hours

edit - i might analyze people while watching them play, or learn their habits accidentally, but i don't play people with the intention of analyzing them when i play, I just wanna see how good I can do, then I continue playing for fun and to hopefully learn things.
We have different ideas of "a lot." :laugh:

I might have played more than that in Brawl, but I don't think I ever exceeded 1000 hours in the 7 years melee was out, much less 200 in six months.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I am sure I have way less experience.

Why not tell everyone what you know if it's such a boring game anyway? I'm sure you are good because of Melee. You probably know a lot more than most people, so why no tell everyone?
because brawl is far less skill based than melee, it's much easier to practice something for a short period of time or be told something and immediately be able to do it decently/well. Someone like Fox or Sheik in melee are far different. I don't even know why I still **** melee tourneys, I haven't played in a really long time. I've always been really good at video games because I spent much of my childhood on it. When I'm bored (and not using aim/boards/anime/etc which is like 90% of what I do at home) I often just play random games that I like and try to beat it as perfectly as possible, or do self-entertainment things like reading all the lores in metroid prime or playing random ROM hacks or random things. But I'm getting off topic now. Besides, I already told you guys what to do in MK dittos, you just F tilt better than the other person, that's all it comes down to. The other details are just small minor things I'm reluctant to even tell and won't tell because I'm not even really sure if it's always the best thing to do.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
yes, I've probably played brawl about 200 hours since release outside of tourney and MK for well under 100 hours. My total Melee time is 5k or 6k hours since 2001, but most of that was just messing around, but many hundreds of those hours were practice

Ok, so you DO like brawl. Why won't you share this information (with me)? You told several people what you know.

Something less on topic, I live in Europe and would never tell other people your secrets. I also main MK, could you at least teach me some stuff?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
THC - yeah but the problem is the vast majority of my time playing is vs computers so I'm not really getting good practice in at all. I just try to make stuff up myself while I'm bored, I get good ideas from what I know and try to apply them at tourneys and hopefully it works and they usually do. The amount of time I've played humans outside of tourneys is sadly only a double digit number. I would do anything for someone to play with, I really would, but I'm not so fortunate. (wifi sucks sadly, I had really high hopes for that)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Ok, so you DO like brawl. Why won't you share this information (with me)? You told several people what you know.

Something less on topic, I live in Europe and would never tell other people your secrets. I also main MK, could you at least teach me some stuff?
cuz everyone kept asking and I just told them the basic things and I was mad. Compared to melee brawl sucks, and the only time I have fun playing it is when im playing PEOPLE, but since I often forget how that feels since I never play people, it's just really really boring every day since I basically do nothing. I am also very obsessive when it comes to anything competitive. For the past week I've been doing mega man 2 speed runs for fun a lot at home on my R4 on my DS, just to see how good I could be. Aiming for perfection or the best strats possible and mastering them is something I get very addicted to in lots of games.

I had a lot of really good F-zero GX replays I was going to eventually put on youtube but sadly a few months ago at smash...smashsomething 4 in Philly PA, someone stole my wii with my memory card in it (and my melee game) so most of my data on most of my games are gone. So now I got discouraged and I don't do anything anymore except hate life and age.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
THC - yeah but the problem is the vast majority of my time playing is vs computers so I'm not really getting good practice in at all. I just try to make stuff up myself while I'm bored, I get good ideas from what I know and try to apply them at tourneys and hopefully it works and they usually do. The amount of time I've played humans outside of tourneys is sadly only a double digit number. I would do anything for someone to play with, I really would, but I'm not so fortunate. (wifi sucks sadly, I had really high hopes for that)
I can relate. My brother was fun, but he really wasn't great at Brawl, and just plain annoying in melee. I actually started a club in high school, but with them, I might as well have been playing computers. Although my problem is finding someone local whose better than me, moreso than finding someone at all. It's to bad I don't live near you, I NEED to get destroyed (outside a tourney).

EDIT: Code Geass and Death Note are fun too.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
dude life just sucks, i hate thinking about anything about my life where nothing good is done and much is stolen
Dude, have you tried smoking ****? Everyone in my town does it and it works for them. :bee: Plus, no permenant brain damage, unlike alcohol. Drugs > being depressed. :lick:

Edit: also, you can get a regular job, or maybe find people to pay you to teach them how to play better.

Edit 2: **** is not coke... don't hurt yourself!

Dojo

Smash Champion
Ok....

Dude, I'm not saying I sandbagged against you that whole time. Just that match.

You're the best freaking player in the nation and most likely the world. I wanted the best chance I had against you in tourney and that was to not let you see everything I had. I noticed I started off strong so I cooled it down alot. I wasn't mad about the 3 stock or about getting my *** handed to me in general by you. I dont understand why telling Lee I got 3 stocked by you is such a big deal anyways...

I take competition seriously and I think alot about what I could've done differently. But I was never mad. I left because you still had LeeMartin, Edrees, Ice, RoyR and like 3 other people waiting to play you. I didn't even hear you say you wanting to play more and I apologize for that.

I was glad to play you more after that we played a few friendlies in which I decided to give it my all after that and you still destroyed me 90% of the time anyways.

I do wish we got to play more and I still do. Improving and having a good time is my main focus and nobody here in Texas has provided me with such a solid *** whooping as you did that whole time. I actually enjoyed it but I was focused on trying to get better.

I apologize for not trying that one match, I didn't know how you play or anything so I was actually scared to try very hard yet. That was the only match I did do it though. I swear. All the other 2 stocks low percent and I think you had a couple of 3 stocks anyways, I was trying.

salaboB

Smash Champion
not really, I don't have a lot of experience against anythings. Nobody plays me ever, 90% of my play time comes from Saturdays at the tourneys.
Considering your response...I don't blame people for not wanting to practice with you.

Calling people liars is really not a way to get opponents.

(I did notice you demonstrating what you meant about shuttle loop -> glide attack being punishable, you got punished 2 out 3 attempts for it during that first stock)

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Lol Deoxys, I noticed we had practically the same post haha.

Yeah, but I'm too nice of a guy to get punished for saying weed. I think.

Freezewish

Smash Ace

Oh m2k stop being so modest.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Is modesty explaining how little you practice/play a certain game especially when it's common knowledge you're considered very good at it?

Freezewish

Smash Ace
My post was directed at the part of m2k's post where he said "I don't even know that much except just forward tilt and backwards fair, and that tornado beats a few moves."

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What's the deal with MK's Dair? M2K uses Dair like Azen uses F-smash. The only difference is I KNOW Luc's F-smash is pretty much his best kill move, but MK's Dair seems to get overshadowed by other attacks...

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
edit - I do drink. Funny thing about it, the more I do it, the more tolerable it is. Maybe I should keep doing it so I get better at it.
"Hello. My name is Mew2King, and I'm an alcoholic."

Yeah, probably not the best idea.

Grondos

Smash Cadet
Mew2king, are you sure you want it down? I know a lot of people want to watch this match, and Dojo already apoligized. I already took off that part of the description. If you really want to, i'll take it down; but I don't see why. Not trying to make you angry or anything just saying it wont hurt to keept his match up....

Freezewish

Smash Ace
i don't even care anymore do w/e

M2k dont let things get you down. Life does sometimes suck but theres nowhere left to go but go up. Your still one of the best smash players in the world, win money from playing smash(sounds good to me), and a very highly respected person. Dont let what other people say or think discourage you.

ADHD

Smash Hero
lol thats funny

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
M2k dont let things get you down. Life does sometimes suck but theres nowhere left to go but go up. Your still one of the best smash players in the world, win money from playing smash(sounds good to me), and a very highly respected person. Dont let what other people say or think discourage you.
Maybe you need a non-virtual hobby? Too many video games can leave you feeling unfulfilled. Especially if you're playing alone. I know this from experience, unfortunately.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
So M2K feels depressed and is inconsistent? Well, all he needs to do is visit a psychologist. It's really not that hard. Stop thinking you're sad, because you are not. You're choosing for this way of life, stop complaining and do whatever you want. You're aware of what you're doing, so just drink alcohol or whatever you want.

Top Bottom