• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LuCKy's mini sonic impression for new sonic users...

LuCKy

Smash Master
he is not good.....

dont care what anyone says now.........he dos'nt suck *i might be lying to myself* but he just is'nt good

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
Indeed, Sonic can be good in a skilled players hand but it won't exactly work because he just isn't good. I mean, is there a character with less kill potential in the entire smash series?

LuCKy

Smash Master
Indeed, Sonic can be good in a skilled players hand but it won't exactly work because he just isn't good. I mean, is there a character with less kill potential in the entire smash series?
don't be hating on sonic son.......were hommies

LuCKy

Smash Master
those vid's are old......my sonic ***** lol but he still is'nt that good

im just trying to get this point to the new sonic players....to let you know

if you want to main sonic....it's gonna be a journey

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
im willing to go on that journey its just that i need some wise people along the way to help guide me, mm maybe a tutor of some kind to help me combat the evil that lies ahead *points at my thread asking for online tutors*.

Xepa

Smash Rookie
Iono, but I think with all of the glitches Sonic can
exploit with his IMMENSE speed ability in a nerfed
speed game (post-melee) Sonic will be more
valuable than what many people expect. From watching
every sonic video in existance on youtube, I've
noticed that the most effective way to play sonic is
to keep harrassing your opponents by putting
constant pressure on them, never letting them have any
breathing space. He's one of the few characters I
can see comboing well. I also notice that his
moveset can be very deceiving in terms of juking
mid-air. Sonic's airgame with the spinning-insanity
and misdirection is potential galore.

I'm a pit/Pokemon trainer guy and I don't have the
time to main Sonic, but if I did he'd certainly be my
choice. Just wanted to drop my .02 for the Lucky's
and Orochi's of the world.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
As much as I'd like to sticky good advice, us Brawl mods have to limit stickies as much as we can, otherwise it's going overboard.

But Lucky, you're absolutely right. Sonic isn't good. It's hard being a Sonic main ;(

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol, this thread is win.

lucky's honesty ftw.

its completely true, sonic is a really difficult player to use and his meta game is lacking terribly at the moment. he have found out some interesting things but can barely utilize them.

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
nah sonic is good... at not being great :p
eh we'll see what pops up along the road
maybe some crazy tech will pop up that will make him gold

or not....

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
You got it all wrong Lucky, Sonic's my hommy too, he's my second best character (Diddy being first) and my favourite one. I can win even free for alls with him, and my friends are incredibly skilled (although not always), he just isn't a good character.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
When it comes to basic stats, he's terrible. Try pitting a lvl 9 Sonic with another lvl 9 character.
He gets destroyed in every match. It's all about mindgames. That's what makes him a decent character.

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol well i think mindgames make the player good......and the player makes his characters good,so if you can mindgame it's not like other people can......making sonic a not so good character.......lol but he still *****

just sayin

LuCKy

Smash Master
just so nobody misunderstands me........i hate brawl!!! not sonic lol

sonic is probably the only reason i will continue to play this game

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lucky, you're so right. Sonic is the only character in the game that is REALLY fun to play xD I've been playing lots and lots and lots of Sonic for the past week. I've always hated Sonic as a character in the past but now he seems like the only character that feels right, no matter how bad he may be xD

I just LOVE his playing style. Being able to go anywhere just *****. His combos also just look and feel too sweet. Aw, I love you LuCKy (non gay way). You've made me see the light.

I've played 32 lagless matches online today against 5-6 different people (competitive people). I mostly used Sonic, and I won 28 of them. I lost 2 because of stupid suicides. Gawd, I love Sonic. He's so hard to play but he's just too smooth.

LuCKy

Smash Master
Lucky, you're so right. Sonic is the only character in the game that is REALLY fun to play xD I've been playing lots and lots and lots of Sonic for the past week. I've always hated Sonic as a character in the past but now he seems like the only character that feels right, no matter how bad he may be xD

I just LOVE his playing style. Being able to go anywhere just *****. His combos also just look and feel too sweet. Aw, I love you LuCKy (non gay way). You've made me see the light.

I've played 32 lagless matches online today against 5-6 different people (competitive people). I mostly used Sonic, and I won 28 of them. I lost 2 because of stupid suicides. Gawd, I love Sonic. He's so hard to play but he's just too smooth.
lol cool ^_^ but please tell me how you play lagless lol you use wireless or the lan thing? or wifi usb thingie?

and sticky my vid thread...........lol

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's lagless (or very close to) because I mostly play with people who are within a 200 Kilometer radius ( = Netherlands). I just use a wireless router, it works fine.

And btw, I can't sticky your vid thread. It's against the new sticky policy. Stickies should be scarce.

Furthermore, keep a lookout for my own vid thread *devil eye*. And no, I won't sticky that one either.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
This thread makes me sad :[
But still, Sonic is just too awesome to stop using in Brawl...He's like the crack cocaine of brawl

LuCKy

Smash Master
It's lagless (or very close to) because I mostly play with people who are within a 200 Kilometer radius ( = Netherlands). I just use a wireless router, it works fine.

And btw, I can't sticky your vid thread. It's against the new sticky policy. Stickies should be scarce.

Furthermore, keep a lookout for my own vid thread *devil eye*. And no, I won't sticky that one either.
what are the new polocies??? lol i will make my thread meet them......even if i have to write a huge sonic impression or something lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its just not fair. and btw sonic isnt the ONLY one that makes this game fun. he's just the coolest char. i mean look at snake, his play style is completely different from any one else in the series. and he is fun as hell too. but sonic is just better

R4ZE

Smash Ace
sonic is fun because he is fast as hell... i mean u could survive forever just running around.

and personally i think sonic can be just as good as any character, he just has by far the biggest learning curve.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
It's not easy being blue. /song

meh, he's not as good as say, olimar or TL, but I still comboed my freind (ONCE) from Zero to 84%, probably just bad DI on his part though.

Umby

Smash Master
I can't see the point of b-sticking with Sonic, but whatever works for some I guess. I'm more concerned about chaining SH uairs and spacing my Fairs.

edit: and this is coming from a guy who uses Toon Link.

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
Case and Point: Easy to lose to a even a n00b MK due to priority issues and he can break combos via neutral b...I hate that so much.

I love Sonic, though and I really want to stick with him...and because I used to main Fox (before I even knew about tiers) in Melee...and Fox really doesn't feel the same anymore...Sonic felt more at home with his speed and aerials...I dunno...but very true, the priority nearly all characters have over Sonic really sucks. :(

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I think Sonic is good for 1 vs 1 battles. But sonic is horrible in FFA and Team battles with team attack on. Cause as sonic your everywhere on the field, you wont be able to spindash or spin charge in a FFA or team battle because everything would out prioritize those spins. And you would mess up your partner from spin dashing into them on accident.
But a great reason to use Sonic as your main is because...
Since you have to control Sonic's immense speed. Your hit and run strategies become alot better with other characters you use as well. And its easier to control your other secondary characters speed and dashes, since you have to get used to Sonic's insanely fast run.
And Sonic is all about mindgames. I suggest any new players, casual players, or bad players learn another character with KO power that you can spam. If you want to get good with Sonic, you'll have to actually study about the character.
:sonic:

Top Bottom