• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Moveset Analysis/Speculation/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Funny how in the lore Marth and Lucina (and Chrom) wields the same Falchion yet they look completely different. It's as if they had a royal blacksmith to forge a new blade out of the original.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Funny how in the lore Marth and Lucina (and Chrom) wields the same Falchion yet they look completely different. It's as if they had a royal blacksmith to forge a new blade out of the original.
Actually, there are Support Conversations in Awakening that discuss this. The sword has been reworked many times over. It's the blade itself which remains pristine, and gives the weapon its unlimited durability, the hilt, the cross guard, etcetera, those all get reworked over time.

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Actually, there are Support Conversations in Awakening that discuss this. The sword has been reworked many times over. It's the blade itself which remains pristine, and gives the weapon its unlimited durability, the hilt, the cross guard, etcetera, those all get reworked over time.
Ahh, my assumption was pretty spot on. It must take a legendary blacksmith(s) to be able to melt Naga's tooth to reshape it into different swords each generation.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ahh, my assumption was pretty spot on. It must take a legendary blacksmith(s) to be able to melt Naga's tooth to reshape it into different swords each generation.
Owain actually does some repair work on the hilt in his Support with Lucina, as she's complaining about her fighting being "off" slightly. He also points out that the blade itself is the only eternal part of the blade, while where the blade meets the hand, the hilt, is a meeting of mortal and immortal parts.

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Owain actually does some repair work on the hilt in his Support with Lucina, as she's complaining about her fighting being "off" slightly. He also points out that the blade itself is the only eternal part of the blade, while where the blade meets the hand, the hilt, is a meeting of mortal and immortal parts.
We found Falchion's weakness! We can aim for that or just kill the wielder, your call.

Xigger

Smash Lord
For one thing, amiibo are supposed to work across multiple games. So when you then go to, say, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, you would still have to have two amiibo tied to the one character, since they would be storing the same data.

You're also missing out on potential sales of the figurines. If I play as Lucina as an alt Marth, I can't train her separately from Marth. I may buy a separate figure, since I like Lucina better than Marth, but I would be much less likely to buy both, since they're storing the same data.

Between the redundancy of having two different figures for the same data (which will happen, I'm sure, but not with alternate character skins), and the fact that every game that supported those amiibo from then on would be forced to implement the characters as a second skin, I find it highly unlikely that any alternate skin character would have a separate amiibo.
I'm not sure what your approach is: you're saying it's redundant to have different Amiibos if they both have the same in-game effect? They're toys. Even if you only care about the data, not everyone does: Some would love the Amiibo because it's a figurine.

And then you say that alternate costumes would break their compatibility with other games? There's no reason that the Amiibo's data for Smash Bros. has to effect the data for Mario Kart at all.

P.S. I don't know if the community knows whether the data is saved to the Amiibo or the game itself.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm not sure what your approach is: you're saying it's redundant to have different Amiibos if they both have the same in-game effect? They're toys. Even if you only care about the data, not everyone does: Some would love the Amiibo because it's a figurine.
Yes, this is true. It does make it a harder sell, though. When you're selling it as both a figure and a data port, removing part of that reduces the incentive for consumers to buy it.

And then you say that alternate costumes would break their compatibility with other games? There's no reason that the Amiibo's data for Smash Bros. has to effect the data for Mario Kart at all.
Absolutely true. But if Nintendo's advertising of making them work for as many games as possible holds true, then you need to plan for that. My proposed example is Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. It's a Wii U game that features both Marth and Lucina. If the figurine contained data for Marth and Lucina as the same character, then SMTXFE would have to treat them the same as well, or risk not porting the information in properly.

I myself am looking forward to training up both Lucina and Marth separately, and transferring their data over to the next game to feature the two of them. If I was forced to load my Lucina data on to a Marth figure, and wound up deprived of a standalone stat base for Lucina, I would be a little annoyed.

Admittedly, there is no guarantee that this is going to be the case, or that SMTXFE is going to support amiibo, but from a design/implementation process, it makes sense to split them in case you do intend to use them for other games.

P.S. I don't know if the community knows whether the data is saved to the Amiibo or the game itself.
It's been confirmed that character data can be stored on the figure and transferred between systems, such as taking it to your friend's house.

Xigger

Smash Lord
@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 , Amiibos primary purpose is to sell, not to necessarily serve specific game features. If an alternate costume Marth Amiibo wouldn't work for Fire Emblem's upcoming crossover, then it would still be sold for Smash only rather than not at all, even if only for one game.

But if that Fire Emblem game couldn't read an Amiibo because a single value (for alternate costume in another game) is different, then Nintendo wouldn't be smart enough to program games to begin with.

Please stop making assumptions to turn down other ideas. Similar Amiibos with near-identical in-game functions are not impossible. They're not guaranteed, but there's no reason to come up with technical reasons why it wouldn't be done. If you still aren't convinced that alternate costume Amiibos for Smash aren't 100% possible, then please explain why you think so.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 , Amiibos primary purpose is to sell, not to necessarily serve specific game features. If an alternate costume Marth Amiibo wouldn't work for Fire Emblem's upcoming crossover, then it would still be sold for Smash only rather than not at all, even if only for one game.

But if that Fire Emblem game couldn't read an Amiibo because a single value (for alternate costume in another game) is different, then Nintendo wouldn't be smart enough to program games to begin with.

Please stop making assumptions to turn down other ideas. Similar Amiibos with near-identical in-game functions are not impossible. They're not guaranteed, but there's no reason to come up with technical reasons why it wouldn't be done. If you still aren't convinced that alternate costume Amiibos for Smash aren't 100% possible, then please explain why you think so.
I'm not saying they're not possible, I'm saying that they're not ideal. I'm giving Nintendo credit for planning ahead with the system.

Let's say that Lucina was just an alternate costume of Marth. Nintendo then releases two Amiibo, a Marth one, and a Lucina one. I buy the Lucina one, and train up my Marth as a Lucina. Ok, awesome.

Then comes out another game which uses both characters, like the Fire Emblem one. Well, getting the game to recognize the data would be easy. The problem is, the game could only recognize that data as Marth data, because that is what it is, at core. So even though Lucina shows up in the game, my data would only apply to Marth. Or Nintendo would have to have the data work on both characters. Which, in addition to hurting overall functionality, means that I have less incentive to buy two.

From a sales perspective, if the figurines are going to store character data, the more separate characters you have, the more different figurines you can sell based on that feature. Every feature you can use to sell a figurine is a positive for Nintendo.

I'm not criticizing this policy, it's good business sense. Heck, I approve of it, since it means it keeps my Lucina and my Marth data separate, in case I do ever get to use them in other games. I'm just saying that there is business sense in keeping the figurines separate.

On a similar note, people are far more likely to buy a separate character than they are an alt skin. Someone who is collecting a figure for every Smash Bros. figure will probably not collect every alt skin, assuming they all got made into figurines, especially if they were otherwise identical.

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Because Amiibo are supposed to contain character data. If she's just an alternate skin, she can't have separate character data. You can't train "Lucina" and "Marth" if they're both one and the same.
In the Nintendo direct, it was specifically stated that each amiibo will have it's own chip containing unique data.

For example:

Let's say you have a Smash Bros Marth amiibo: It has a chip inside that recognizes itself as "Marth." When used in other [compatible] games, games will recognize the statue as "Marth-0123" (random number). Depending on the game, independent data will be written on the amiibo. When used in Smash, Smash recognizes the amiibo as "Marth-0123---Marth Skin: Blue." If you had another Marth statue, the game will recognize it as "Marth-3244---Marth Skin: Bue." If you train with Marth-0123, and not 3244, 0123 will get stronger and will "learn" and 3244 will not. You can still summon both, as they are not the same Marth, and one will be stronger than the other.

This same thing would apply to a Lucina amiibo. The statue will be recognized as "Lucina" in compatible games, but in Smash, it will be recognized as "Lucina-0233---Marth Skin: Lucina Red".

This will definitely help sales of amiibos, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Thanks @ MegaMango MegaMango .

The problem is, the game could only recognize that data as Marth data, because that is what it is, at core.
Here's where you're making assumptions. A Lucina Amiibo doesn't HAVE to refer to Marth in Fire Emblem, just because it refers to Marth in Smash Bros.. It can be Marth in Smash Bros with a Lucina costume, yet in Fire Emblem it could be Lucina. Get it? Imagine a SD card with two files on it, one that says Smash, another that says Fire Emblem. They're separate.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Thanks @ MegaMango MegaMango .

Here's where you're making assumptions. A Lucina Amiibo doesn't HAVE to refer to Marth in Fire Emblem, just because it refers to Marth in Smash Bros.. It can be Marth in Smash Bros with a Lucina costume, yet in Fire Emblem it could be Lucina. Get it? Imagine a SD card with two files on it, one that says Smash, another that says Fire Emblem. They're separate.
Admitted. It's possible. Less elegant from a design standpoint, but certainly possible.

I would not be surprised to hear that the business decision of promoting amiibo sales influenced the full versus alt decision. But we'll likely never know for sure.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Lucina is like the new Roy, only more popular, female (something Smash has needed more of for a long time), more recent, likely soon-to-be more important, more contextually correct, more canonically correct/understandable, and ultimately probably not as terrible compared to Marth. And tons of people wanted Roy, so why is anyone upset again?

Honestly, if FE got 4 reps, I'd been expecting Marth, Ike, Roy and Chrom. Instead we got Marth and Ike (the two unique swordsman who I enjoy playing as), Robin (someone entirely different and original all together), and Lucina (a much-needed female rep and a better Roy alternative). Chrom even got in as an FS cameo. So everyone except the Roy supporters wins in some way (and they can play P:M for their Roy fix). This is nothing but a victory. Lucina looks great, and I'll definitely be playing as her a lot.

Plus Lucina has paved a path for other quick-addition clones/semi-clones like Black Shadow, Toon Zelda, and possibly Dixie Kong, while boosting the chances for "low priority" semi-clones like Falco, Wolf and Lucas. That said, this also carries the horrible possibility that we'll still have Captain Ganon Falcondorf.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lucina is like the new Roy, only more popular, female (something Smash has needed more of for a long time), more recent, likely soon-to-be more important, more contextually correct, more canonically correct/understandable, and ultimately probably not as terrible compared to Marth. And tons of people wanted Roy, so why is anyone upset again?

Honestly, if FE got 4 reps, I'd been expecting Marth, Ike, Roy and Chrom. Instead we got Marth and Ike (the two unique swordsman who I enjoy playing as), Robin (someone entirely different and original all together), and Lucina (a much-needed female rep and a better Roy alternative). Chrom even got in as an FS cameo. So everyone except the Roy supporters wins in some way (and they can play P:M for their Roy fix). This is nothing but a victory. Lucina looks great, and I'll definitely be playing as her a lot.

Plus Lucina has paved a path for other quick-addition clones/semi-clones like Black Shadow, Toon Zelda, and possibly Dixie Kong, while boosting the chances for "low priority" semi-clones like Falco, Wolf and Lucas. That said, this also carries the horrible possibility that we'll still have Captain Ganon Falcondorf.
Actually, I see Lucina as helping Ganondorf being decloned. Lucina's addition makes sense for a clone, Ganondorf doesn't. In fact, the only clones we have to date make sense as clones.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Actually, I see Lucina as helping Ganondorf being decloned. Lucina's addition makes sense for a clone, Ganondorf doesn't. In fact, the only clones we have to date make sense as clones.
That's why it annoys me that he's still a semi-clone. Falcon's flamboyant moveset and personality does not match Ganondorf. It makes the King of Evil seem like a joke.

Another thing that annoys me is Wolf and Falco having Landmasters when neither character would ever use them over their aerial alternative (and Wolf doesn't even HAVE one). Yes PK Starstorm is also not Ness or Lucas' attack, but at least its BELIEVABLE that they could learn/use it. And its a unique attack idea (although Ness should have PSI Rockin' instead). I just hope these modifications are made in light of clones being considered acceptable practice.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Her range is the same as Marth's. The new Falchion is longer than the classic version but this is not the case in Smash. The only differences for Lucina are the balanced blade, taunts and some visual effects.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Might still find Lucy the Tink/Doc of this game, and it's honestly off-putting. I'm wondering if she'll be even put to the next Smash. I think not.
She really needs more differing because as a character, she IMO deserves more than "Marth isn't a Girl"-personafied individual treatment. Like, if she had even FEW differences from Marth, I'd totally main her with a heartbeat.

But if indeed the only difference is just a modified Falchion, then geez, I'm gonna keep feeling that Lucy's just "there". I guess the speed and weight factors might make 'em stand apart, but if she won't really stand out from Marth aside from gender and less technical playstyle, then I'm gonna be disappointed.
I really think that if they went off to separate her from Marth, then they'd at least do efforts to show that it wasn't done in a way that sounds really effortless cakewalk and be her just to pad out of FE-reps and females. Because right now, she just doesn't feel like adding much weight to the roster. And even then, she's not gonna be very impressing if compared to other clones before her. Such a shame, really.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
But if indeed the only difference is just a modified Falchion, then geez, I'm gonna keep feeling that Lucy's just "there". I guess the speed and weight factors might make 'em stand apart, but if she won't really stand out from Marth aside from gender and less technical playstyle, then I'm gonna be disappointed.
I really think that if they went off to separate her from Marth, then they'd at least do efforts to show that it wasn't done in a way that sounds really effortless cakewalk and be her just to pad out of FE-reps and females. Because right now, she just doesn't feel like adding much weight to the roster. And even then, she's not gonna be very impressing if compared to other clones before her. Such a shame, really.
It would be nice if they added further differences between her and Marth, but don't underestimate how much the different sword mechanics will affect her gameplay just yet. As with Marth, every one of her moves uses the sword and so every one of her moves will differ in damage, knockback, kill percentages, etc. Her playstyle will revolve less around spacing and more around rushing down her opponents with reliable damage. :) This isn't to say she'll be totally different from Marth, or anything, and comparing her to Dr. Mario is fairly reasonable (the main difference being the reason for their inclusion), but I think saying that she's feMarth with a modified Falchion downplays what could be a really valuable alternative way of using a familiar moveset. :)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It would be nice if they added further differences between her and Marth, but don't underestimate how much the different sword mechanics will affect her gameplay just yet. As with Marth, every one of her moves uses the sword and so every one of her moves will differ in damage, knockback, kill percentages, etc. Her playstyle will revolve less around spacing and more around rushing down her opponents with reliable damage. :) This isn't to say she'll be totally different from Marth, or anything, and comparing her to Dr. Mario is fairly reasonable (the main difference being the reason for their inclusion), but I think saying that she's feMarth with a modified Falchion downplays what could be a really valuable alternative way of using a familiar moveset. :)
Perhaps, but it's difficult for me to see at the moment. At least clones like Roy had an inversion of Marth's gameplay (sweetspots near his center and fire aesthetics), amd even then, he had somewhat differing specials from Marth as well. Lucina seems to have NOTHING aside from sweetspots from the tip taken off, which IMO sounds less interesting than Marth overall. I guess you could say "Tink" by that logic, but maan, I'd stick with Marth instead. Saddening because I don't mind Lucy much aside from her being this game's Tink (which bothered me as much as it bothered me seeing Tink in Brawl himself). We've had Falco, Lucas and Wolf before...

IMO, more effort should have been done to make her really worthy of more than just an alt, costume. Plus, Modifying Falchion, and SOLELY that, ain't gonna really make her stay around for long. She really needs further semi-cloning.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just to say, based upon speculation of what little was seen in the trailer and these scans for Lucina (and perhaps more importantly) E3 changes in Marth, if that she may end up like Melee Falco. Marth in Sm4sh seems to be just a tad bit slower, but noticeably his air game has appeared quite weaker to some players. Perhaps, with Lucina, we will only have one special that truly has a different "way of working" to Marth's (the most likely candidate being Dancing Blade), but some of her Aerials will have unique animations and the general power ratio that she has will be mostly oriented into the air. For Lucina I believe we have only seen an Up air (which swings in the opposite path than Marth's), the Neutral Air (which swings fasters than Marth's in this game) and maybe what could have been her F-air right before the N-air but it was hard to see and tell any particular part out of it. BUT, something that a lot of people have noticed with that trailer is that she has almost no landing lag from her aerials unlike E3 Marth.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
This gives me another reason to at least try to learn how to play as Marth.

EnIgma24

Smash Cadet
I think it's very safe to say L-Canceling isn't back. Some attacks in the demo would auto-cancel, like Bowser's F-Air, it's probably the exact same thing we're seeing here, Lucina herself might not have much landing lag in general.
I've watched some videos about bowser's moveset and it is actualy an auto cancel in his case since he keeps his landing animation unless you move immediatly when you land...but for lucina the landing animation is cancelled and she didn't move an inch when landing so i can't say it's an auto cancel :/

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
That's why it annoys me that he's still a semi-clone. Falcon's flamboyant moveset and personality does not match Ganondorf. It makes the King of Evil seem like a joke.

Another thing that annoys me is Wolf and Falco having Landmasters when neither character would ever use them over their aerial alternative (and Wolf doesn't even HAVE one). Yes PK Starstorm is also not Ness or Lucas' attack, but at least its BELIEVABLE that they could learn/use it. And its a unique attack idea (although Ness should have PSI Rockin' instead). I just hope these modifications are made in light of clones being considered acceptable practice.
Ganondorf looks like a total joke with Falcon's moves, it's the same guy that murdered some people with the power of the devil or something. In Star Fox 64 Falco clearly says "I hate Landmasters." His Final Smash should be an Arwing shooting lasers. And don't come at me with the trophy description of Wolf's landmaster. Lucas should use the power of love and friendship instead of Starstorm.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
What more proof do people need, so :4lucina: is a clone, whatever, it happened. Likely because she was originally a :4marth: skin but now isn't. Yeah, it's kind of annoying that he's put a clone (:4link: and :4tlink: are kinda no longer clones but I guess semi-clone works for them now) seeing as Saurai said he was going to avoid clones, but this is only one (and a half) I'm pretty sure she's the only clone we'll see... I hope... *hoping :falco::wolf:&:ganondorf: get their own moveset if they make it in*

MasterRyan1595

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3625-8186-3222
Just to say, based upon speculation of what little was seen in the trailer and these scans for Lucina (and perhaps more importantly) E3 changes in Marth, if that she may end up like Melee Falco. Marth in Sm4sh seems to be just a tad bit slower, but noticeably his air game has appeared quite weaker to some players. Perhaps, with Lucina, we will only have one special that truly has a different "way of working" to Marth's (the most likely candidate being Dancing Blade), but some of her Aerials will have unique animations and the general power ratio that she has will be mostly oriented into the air. For Lucina I believe we have only seen an Up air (which swings in the opposite path than Marth's), the Neutral Air (which swings fasters than Marth's in this game) and maybe what could have been her F-air right before the N-air but it was hard to see and tell any particular part out of it. BUT, something that a lot of people have noticed with that trailer is that she has almost no landing lag from her aerials unlike E3 Marth.
THIS. As someone who played Marth in the Best Buy demo, he did seem to be slower and be worse in the air, and I tried to use him more on the ground. It's likely Lucina will be more useful in the air with less ground power.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Honestly its pretty clear the move set is currently the same; a ton of people are grasping at straws here ( especially the OP). Even if I didnt read Japanese its pretty damn clear. However, to people claiming shes just another clone please refer to fox and falco of melee or even ganon and falcon. Same moveset doesnt equate to same playstyle. You see that across myriads of fighters. Given she doesnt have a tipper could mak her potentially more combo heavy. I wouldnt be surprised if she's faster than marth. Also hit boxes and trajectories are huge and more indicative of how a character will play. Two things we know little about at this point.

She's just one of those characters you're gonna have to wait before casting judgement. She might have an utilt that launches the opponent in position for a dair. She might have a sh double fair. Just gotta wait for more footage really.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Yes, she's very obviously a clone. However, I will say that her fsmash picture looks significantly different from Marth's, in terms of how she's posturing her body during the strike. Whether this is only a visual change or one that indicates a significant difference in move properties, I don't know.

HappyW@nderer

Smash Cadet
Did he? I am honestly not sure, but that sounds truthful. Hopefully that is the case, meaning that Lucina is a guaranteed hitter, instead of Marth's "Go for the Tip" Blade attacks.

P.S. I am just explaining what I think of it not that I hate Marth's mechanics.
I believe Sakurai did indeed say this, considering that it will be easier since there is no extra damage at the tip.

That's also true. Still, I have to wonder though; how did Falchion need repairing anyway? As I recall, Anri (Marth's "ancestor") used the sword, but the hilt, etc. didn't need to be repaired. The sword that Marth uses is the same as when Anri used it.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
No matter what I'm still hella happy to be able to play her with her own slot to boot, but the way Sakurai is making her sound like the cloniest clone ever is pretty disappointing. Couldn't he at least change her weight, height, speed, etc? I really hope she's not as similar to Marth in the final game as she sounds right now. I'll be satisfied as long as she's no clonier than a Melee clone.

Burruni

Smash Hero
No matter what I'm still hella happy to be able to play her with her own slot to boot, but the way Sakurai is making her sound like the cloniest clone ever is pretty disappointing. Couldn't he at least change her weight, height, speed, etc? I really hope she's not as similar to Marth in the final game as she sounds right now. I'll be satisfied as long as she's no clonier than a Melee clone.
Not to sound arrogant, but my post addresses this exact point. Most of the moves in terms of animations and hitboxes will likely be the similar if not the same between Lucina and Marth. Lucina "technically" is shorter but not to the extent to making a difference (Tink to Link), her fall speed seems the same as Marth and her weight probably will be as well. However, her big differences are likely to rely on better speed and the difference in aerial power more than simply the change in Falchions. Akin to the fairly-subtle but actually lengthy difference between Fox and Falco in Melee.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Not to sound arrogant, but my post addresses this exact point. Most of the moves in terms of animations and hitboxes will likely be the similar if not the same between Lucina and Marth. Lucina "technically" is shorter but not to the extent to making a difference (Tink to Link), her fall speed seems the same as Marth and her weight probably will be as well. However, her big differences are likely to rely on better speed and the difference in aerial power more than simply the change in Falchions. Akin to the fairly-subtle but actually lengthy difference between Fox and Falco in Melee.
I only glanced through most of the posts before posting, but yes, this would be nice as a bare minimum.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
As a big fan of Lucina, I can say that Lucina is most definitely a clone. She's in the game though, so I can't complain.

Of course, unique moves would be neat, but Sakurai already said that Lucina is going to be extremely similar to Marth. (like 60~80% identical, which makes her a clone still)

Last edited:

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
think about it like this. the blade itself may be the same length, but the hilt and crossguard are bigger (beyond reason IMO) then the blade size itself doesn't matter. pretty much anything after the point of where the hands stop is what i'll call "strike area". and if you're worried about hitboxes, then think about it like this: the distance between where her hands stop, and the blade itself begins, which is where the hitboxes would start, is about the same size as a standard character, so the point is moot.

now, she's shorter than marth, so naturaly, her arms are too. that being said, the difference should be either made up with the sword, or is overcompensated by the sword. either way, she seems much safer than marth in this area. people who couldn't master marth may have their middle ground in lucina. personaly, i think she'll still be slightly higher in the tier list. frankly, i wouldn't bet on popular marth mains keeping their boy in blue. not all of them anyway. i intend to migrate myself.

idk, overall, it's all the small things that make up the big differences. even if EVERY MOVE was cloned here, i still say she's different enough to make me use her over marth.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That's also true. Still, I have to wonder though; how did Falchion need repairing anyway? As I recall, Anri (Marth's "ancestor") used the sword, but the hilt, etc. didn't need to be repaired. The sword that Marth uses is the same as when Anri used it.
Well, it's not something that needs to be done a lot. The hilt doesn't take nearly the sort of beating the blade does. Heck, it took Lucina's blade something like ten years of constant use against Risen to need to be tuned up, didn't it?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Yeah you guys are pulling info out of nowhere as evidence for L cancel. Theres literally no way you can justify that logic aside from pure speculation. Meanwhile we have tons of evidence for it being an auto cancel for one AND Nintendo stated they would reduce aerial landing lag which could aslo be what is happening here. Every other logical progression is well illogical lol.

that being said the nair is looking good. Im hoping lucina will be a faster version of marth. We'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom