• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Moveset Analysis/Speculation/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsinineProfessor

Smash Rookie
Well from what I've read/seen over the weekend, it seems that Lucina will be a solid character. From the footage that I saw, she and Marth appear to be about equally as fast, with some of their aerials lacking landing lag (I believe FAir and UAir). She is a true clone of Marth; they even share the same alternate specials. Her attacks do slightly (almost negligible) more damage than Marth's non-tipper attacks. And spacing, though obviously still important, does not seem to be as central a factor in playing Lucina as it does Marth, since damage is equally distributed throughout the sword. Overall I personally see her having a more aggro/beatdown/close style of play that is a foil to Marth's distant spacing approach, and as of right now I would say Marth has the edge, but just barely.

Wild Woody

Smash Rookie
NNID
YuriKoigakubo
3DS FC
2707-1621-8891
Has anybody watched enough streams to see where Lucinas sword sweet-spots? Is it just like Marths where it does more damage at the tip. It it like Roys where it does more damage at the base? I would really like to know because i just cant tell by watching streams ;(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm disappointed your avatar isn't a talking pencil

Lucina doesn't have a sweet spot. Her sword does equal damage everywhere.

Last edited:

Wild Woody

Smash Rookie
NNID
YuriKoigakubo
3DS FC
2707-1621-8891
Just made my account it'll probably be him later

That's pretty interesting, do you think Lucina will be better than Marth in competitive play?
Because take Melee for Example, Marth was way better than Roy because more damage at the tip is just flat-out a better option. But now since Lucinas does equal at every part, do you think that it will lead to more or less damage overall compared to somebody playing Marth?

Wild Woody

Smash Rookie
NNID
YuriKoigakubo
3DS FC
2707-1621-8891
AH
Thanks so much for that, still getting used to it here.

Master Raven

Smash Master
The tip of her dair has a spike just like Marth's but everything else is equalized as mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom