• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saviorr

Smash Cadet
Not really a "vague assertion" when you've made several topics just so you could complain how Samus wasn't buffed enough... Actually, how is my argument any less rational then yours when you were just completely wrong on how Sakurai acts?
It's funny that you think you understand Sakurai better than everyone else here.
Your argument is less rational because you keep talking about FFA being balanced and competitive.
FFA will never be balanced or competitive, so it makes no sense to say that buffing a character for 1v1 could ruin the balance for FFA.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Less arguing about game design and developer's fallible words and more about patch questions please.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kid Icarus characters confirmed to never be touched.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 , did you get request for Ike's changes yet? I'd like checks and although the Ike users have checked, another look wouldn't hurt. I ask because the data dump for Ike for patch 1.0.4 was a pain since jab 3, Ftilt?, and Fair had frame speed multipliers which ended up with decimals like Fair was frame 12.5 or 13 practically and Thinkaman's data dump said it was 2 frames faster which would mean frame 10.5 or 11 in practically. I left the decimals in my spreadsheet, but rounded them up for regular viewing in my frame data thread. That and Thinkaman's data dump was usually 1 frame different than the Ike users' testing. Thanks if you can.

Also this was another reason: that patch might have made Ike's Nair not as useful now... Fair used to hit at frame 13, but it hits at like 11 while Nair hits at 12. The only thing Nair has over Fair now is coverage from behind while Fair hits more like a half circle from Ike's head to feet. Yeah... Well, at least it could be used for mixups since they look similar... sort of.

Another thing: having not played in a while, so it's probably a placebo, but seeing lasers thrown out more liberally makes me think Falco's Blaster end lag was slightly reduced. Since I can't test this, I won't know, but the fact Marth and Lucina's changes to Dancing Blade or was it jab and Utilt? happened with patch 1.0.4 or 1.0.6, but nobody noticed until later makes me believe in a chance there was a subtle change.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 , did you get request for Ike's changes yet? I'd like checks and although the Ike users have checked, another look wouldn't hurt. I ask because the data dump for Ike for patch 1.0.4 was a pain since jab 3, Ftilt?, and Fair had frame speed multipliers which ended up with decimals like Fair was frame 12.5 or 13 practically and Thinkaman's data dump said it was 2 frames faster which would mean frame 10.5 or 11 in practically. I left the decimals in my spreadsheet, but rounded them up for regular viewing in my frame data thread. That and Thinkaman's data dump was usually 1 frame different than the Ike users' testing. Thanks if you can.

Also this was another reason: that patch might have made Ike's Nair not as useful now... Fair used to hit at frame 13, but it hits at like 11 while Nair hits at 12. The only thing Nair has over Fair now is coverage from behind while Fair hits more like a half circle from Ike's head to feet. Yeah... Well, at least it could be used for mixups since they look similar... sort of.

Another thing: having not played in a while, so it's probably a placebo, but seeing lasers thrown out more liberally makes me think Falco's Blaster end lag was slightly reduced. Since I can't test this, I won't know, but the fact Marth and Lucina's changes to Dancing Blade or was it jab and Utilt? happened with patch 1.0.4 or 1.0.6, but nobody noticed until later makes me believe in a chance there was a subtle change.
http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Ike

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, that solves one problem, Ike's Nair should be frame 10 now... Yes, yes, it lingers and covers Ike better, but Fair... Other problem would be Falco's Blaster end lag which was based off of the sixriver data i.e. nobody actually tested it elsewhere or has a counter proof to it. Don't want Falco's Dair having 26 frames of landing lag or the missed Marth/Lucina changes again.

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Well, that solves one problem, Ike's Nair should be frame 10 now... Yes, yes, it lingers and covers Ike better, but Fair... Other problem would be Falco's Blaster end lag which was based off of the sixriver data i.e. nobody actually tested it elsewhere or has a counter proof to it. Don't want Falco's Dair having 26 frames of landing lag or the missed Marth/Lucina changes again.
What was the missed change to Marth? I don't remember there being one?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What was the missed change to Marth? I don't remember there being one?
Either FAF changes to Dancing Blade or his tilts and jab that was brushed off until Shaya said it was wrong and there were indeed changes. That said, Marth's FAF to jab was changed again in this patch and it might have reverted it back to pre-patch because of the new angle.

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Either FAF changes to Dancing Blade or his tilts and jab that was brushed off until Shaya said it was wrong and there were indeed changes. That said, Marth's FAF to jab was changed again in this patch and it might have reverted it back to pre-patch because of the new angle.
Oh, I thought you were talking about a change being missed until after another patch. I remember the FAF reductions on a couple moves being missed for a while.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
whut

are you saying it should be frame 10 or it would be better to be frame 10

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
whut

are you saying it should be frame 10 or it would be better to be frame 10
I'm saying it would be better for Nair to be frame 10 instead of 12. Fair killing, covering similarly, be able to combo, and doing more damage kind of overrides Nair's advantage of coverage from behind and lingering frames if both are frame 12. Sure, great mixup since they're similar looking moves, but still... Oh well.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ike's Nair and Fair do completely different things. Nair is the safer aerial while having a better lower arc hitbox(hits behind as well of course) and super good reward on hit while Fair is the hard hitter and anti-air. It's only a combo starter in certain situations. Commonly used to follow up after Nair and throws.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ike's Nair and Fair do completely different things. Nair is the safer aerial while having a better lower arc hitbox(hits behind as well of course) and super good reward on hit while Fair is the hard hitter and anti-air. It's only a combo starter in certain situations. Commonly used to follow up after Nair and throws.
I know that; I'm just worried that something could happen where a move becomes so good, it overshadows everything like Diddy's Uair did. Now, Diddy players use everything which is good not because of good design, but for viewers and players who don't have to live by one move as others are good as well. Now, of only Zelda had more usable moves... :p

NEKO'

Smash Rookie
NNID
Moaksey
has jiggs remained unchanged?
i personally feel like sing has a slightly faster animation, i might be wrong though.

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
I went into training mode a while ago and noticed some changes in damage for Mii swordfighter. Besides the ones already listed, D-tilt now does 8% instead of 6% and Nair does 8% instead of 5%. You can go into training mode yourself to check for yourself.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I went into training mode a while ago and noticed some changes in damage for Mii swordfighter. Besides the ones already listed, D-tilt now does 8% instead of 6% and Nair does 8% instead of 5%. You can go into training mode yourself to check for yourself.
These changes were in patch 1.0.6.

LordBahamut

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3840-6376-3220
idk if it's just me but Villager is no longer able to pocket Pac-man's bonus fruit... somewhat. I will have a video about that up on youtube shortly.

UPDATE: my computer does not want to cooperate with me today... I shall try again tomorrow

Last edited:

0mart

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mr.0mart
Okay , so ... I don´t know if this is known or was before but now I was messing a little with Lucas, and thing is that. Lucas and Ness can cancel the Magnet animation when you are absorbing a proyectile pressing backwards(he is going to roll). I don´t know if Ness had that before the patch or not. I don´t have a way to upload the video but you can test this in 2 minutes. @ Shaya Shaya

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Okay , so ... I don´t know if this is known or was before but now I was messing a little with Lucas, and thing is that. Lucas and Ness can cancel the Magnet animation when you are absorbing a proyectile pressing backwards(he is going to roll). I don´t know if Ness had that before the patch or not. I don´t have a way to upload the video but you can test this in 2 minutes. @ Shaya Shaya
This was added in the 2008 patch.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Falco's blaster remains unchanged.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Falco being functional in the air and hence now requiring respect gives him a lot more room to see "oh this person isn't doing anything and neither am I right now, time for a free 3%!"

Sheik-needle-esque strategies are becoming relevant.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can I get a check on Luma jab3 and rapid jab finisher knockback angle? It seems like it's sending enemies farther out horizontally-- by maybe 20 degrees since I last played her? I haven't been able to combo it into up-air as consistently, but it could just be my rustyness/placebo.

Last edited:

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Can I get a check on Luma jab3 and rapid jab finisher knockback angle? It seems like it's sending enemies farther out horizontally-- by maybe 20 degrees since I last played her? I haven't been able to combo it into up-air as consistently, but it could just be my rustyness/placebo.
Well, the 1.0.8 data dump a while back has the only change for rosalina being this:

Rosalina
--------
Rapid Jab End
hitbox
kbg 170 -> 150​

Edit: You were asking about Luma though. I don't know if Luma changes are listed with Rosalina. There's no separate listing for Luma in the dump, so I would think so, but I can't be sure.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Besides Pit, Dark Pit, and Dorf I believe? :bee: Pit and edgy for sure still have multiple techs to cancel lag off their Fspecials.
Right, those side B moves have programmed fall states. The deal with Bowser, Ness, Samus, and Mii Gunner last patch was that they would cancel their moves entirely and go into an instant neutral fall off the ledge with no lag of any kind. It made for a second ledge trump method for Ness and Gunner. Samus and Bowser could also use it as a second ledge trump method, but because they were so tall, they have to fall further than the others to grab the ledge, making it a slower method in their case.

Mario/Doc could also perform the tech with their cape, but I found it extremely inconsistent.

@ Shaya Shaya don't forget to add the frame counted differences on moves from page 32.

KirbydaBear

Smash Rookie
Dunno if anyone has said this yet, but Ganondorf's reverse-Warlock Punch (ground) now does 37% instead of 38.
Just something I happened to notice...

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Hey all!

As a foreword, this isn't a call out to anyone as being right or wrong, this is simply the result of some data mining.

That said, I have noticed some differences between the update that @ Thinkaman Thinkaman et al. have put forth and the update that sixriver (does he have a smashboards contact?) has made to his data set here [reference]. I have gone through and parsed the differences, and it looks like most of them are one frame off, if they exist at all (for example, for all the small differences for Marth/Lucina, both references agree on all changes).

As far as I know, there isn't a dump of Thinkaman's data yet so I don't know if these are weird subtraction errors or something to that effect. I just thought it would be pertinent to assess these differences and figure out what's going on here. I don't have a contact for sixriver, and even if I did I don't speak or read much Japanese... so I'm posting here.

If anything, it's interesting because sixriver put some numbers to the Donkey Kong cargo throw end frames and Meta Knight's nair landing lag. Maybe the front page isn't up to date, maybe the Thinkaman data set just doesn't have these, if I'm missing some of those numbers it's because they aren't on the front page and this thread is quite long (though I've read most of it).

Anyways, I just figured that if I can't help parse IASA type data along with the team here, I can do what I have been doing and mine data. So, here you all go! Enjoy!

Character | Move Description | Sixriver Update | Thinkaman et al. Update

:4myfriends: Ike |
  • fair startup
  • nair landing lag
|
|
:4metaknight: Meta Knight |
  • ftilt end frames
  • nair landing lag
|
  • 25/27/30
|
  • 25/27/31
  • reduced landing lag
:4charizard: Charizard |
  • dthrow landing lag
|
|
:4bowser: Bowser |
  • utilt end frame
|
|
:4villager: Villager |
  • pivot grab end frame
|
|
:4falco: Falco |
  • fair end frame
  • side b startup
  • 2nd hit usmash
|
  • 18 (no change noted)
  • 13-20
|
  • 12-21
:4dk: Donkey Kong |
  • forward cargo throw end frame
  • back cargo throw end frame
  • up cargo throw end frame
  • down cargo throw frame
|
|
  • reduced end frame
  • reduced end frame
  • reduced end frame
  • reduced end frame
:4diddy: Diddy Kong |
  • uair landing lag window
|
  • 1-26
|
  • 1-27
:4link: Link |
  • fthrow end frame
|
|
:4samus: Samus |
  • pivot grab end frame
|
|

Also, I now deeply despise making tables on this website. Just saying.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ending frames have not been related to Thinkaman's data much (if at all). Our @ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 and saviour (plus others too but him primarily) is what we're getting values on.
Confusion between Ending frame or this FAF/IASA +1 stuff, also shield animation woes is possible...

It's aggravating that values differences are going both ways. #_#

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Ending frames have not been related to Thinkaman's data much (if at all). Our @ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 and saviour (plus others too but him primarily) is what we're getting values on.
Confusion between Ending frame or this FAF/IASA +1 stuff, also shield animation woes is possible...

It's aggravating that values differences are going both ways. #_#
Ah, that's good to know. I really wish I knew how Sixriver was getting that data... especially if it's directly off the game somehow. I also want to know if the "end" number he posts is the end of the animation or the IASA (FAF). Ha, even with all that parsing I did, I managed not to notice differential going both ways. Suck.

So yeah, aggravating is a good word for it all. It's great that we have these projects, don't get me wrong! It's just... sooooo close to complete knowledge of start/end/stun frames!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom