• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Interesting
Perhaps my initial observations were from smash (vs. mode) and the stale-move bonus was in effect. Thanks for the correction!
37% with freshness bonus would do 38%, so that's probably it.

37 * 1.05 = 38.85, which gets shown as 38%, since decimals aren't shown in the damage indicator.

That's assuming that staling works the same way that it did in brawl. Probably does, but I can't say for sure.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The stale-move negation mechanic in Smash 4 functions slightly differently from the way that it did in Brawl. The freshness bonus is the same, however.

A_Kae

Smash Ace
The stale-move negation mechanic in Smash 4 functions slightly differently from the way that it did in Brawl. The freshness bonus is the same, however.
How exactly is it different? Is there change to the multipliers?

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Do you know the precise numbers for staling?
I don't know what the exact values are, but it seemed that the total values of the multipliers in Smash 4 are between Melee and Brawl's values.

Last edited:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Samus's Charge Shot can hit multiple person's (even more than two). This didn't work pre-patch.

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
a new patch just got released, 1.0.9, replays are still useable, so it seems no balance changes but probably bug fixes of some kind

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Bug fixes only, I'm guessing. Maybe the pac-man thing got fixed?
Updated and tried Pac Man glitch. Haven't been able to get it to activate. I would wait for others to try though, because I don't trust my execution

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If replays are broken it's an actual game play change, otherwise ???
Maybe an update because nintendo plans on doing something for Evo? Plans for the whole youtube interface stuff? who knows.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
If they released a new update I imagine there will be a notification that will appear shortly to detail what they did, much like with 1.07.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Did a user receive a warning for something despite having a hatsune miku picture as their avatar? Isn't that sacrilege?

The new update doesn't even have it's own note in the notices & eshop tab of the game. Maybe they updated parameters for Miiverse stage's comment selection. I've seen some snapshots online of people who got very lewd stuff in some games. It could also be more fixes for the DLC characters like with 1.07's Mewtwo bug fixing, but I doubt they'd make any mistakes twice.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Life shouldn't be about having anger towards a character not getting nerfs while yours did.
The game is getting better overall with each new patch. You shouldn't undermine this near irrefutable fact.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Life shouldn't be about having anger towards a character not getting nerfs while yours did.
The game is getting better overall with each new patch. You shouldn't undermine this near irrefutable fact.
Yeah, I'm really happy with what the team is going for. I think Smash 4 will be just fine by the time the patches stop.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
I don't hate diddy kong, he's so much fun to watch now! I also agree with the fact the game has gotten better with patches, at first glances some of the nerfs seemed unreasonable but everything has turned out for the better (or so it would seem)

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Palutena
--------
Utilt
all hitboxes
bone 1000 -> 0
size and positions adjusted heavily
1.0.7:

1.0.8:

( Credit for these gifs goes to @kmpyj )

Instead of the hit-boxes being directly attached to her staff, they are simply floating in 1 coordinate the whole hit duration.

Which is really good.

Basically, when her hit-boxes were directly attached to the staff, they would act horribly inconsistent, because they could either be extenting sideways, or be way off in the z-axis not helping her at all. Now it's far more consistent since the hit-boxes never leave the z-axis, or accidentally lose range and cause whiffs like before.

So with this many alterations were made to the original coordinate numbers to match roughly the placement of where they used to be. But as a result some of their alterations seemed to have improved its range a tiny bit as well.

Sorry if someone else has asked about this already, but is this change ever going to be added to the OP...?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hey all!

As a foreword, this isn't a call out to anyone as being right or wrong, this is simply the result of some data mining.

That said, I have noticed some differences between the update that @Thinkaman et al. have put forth and the update that sixriver (does he have a smashboards contact?) has made to his data set here [reference]. I have gone through and parsed the differences, and it looks like most of them are one frame off, if they exist at all (for example, for all the small differences for Marth/Lucina, both references agree on all changes).

As far as I know, there isn't a dump of Thinkaman's data yet so I don't know if these are weird subtraction errors or something to that effect. I just thought it would be pertinent to assess these differences and figure out what's going on here. I don't have a contact for sixriver, and even if I did I don't speak or read much Japanese... so I'm posting here.

If anything, it's interesting because sixriver put some numbers to the Donkey Kong cargo throw end frames and Meta Knight's nair landing lag. Maybe the front page isn't up to date, maybe the Thinkaman data set just doesn't have these, if I'm missing some of those numbers it's because they aren't on the front page and this thread is quite long (though I've read most of it).

Anyways, I just figured that if I can't help parse IASA type data along with the team here, I can do what I have been doing and mine data. So, here you all go! Enjoy!

Character | Move Description | Sixriver Update | Thinkaman et al. Update

:4myfriends: Ike |
  • fair startup
  • nair landing lag
|
|
:4metaknight: Meta Knight |
  • ftilt end frames
  • nair landing lag
|
  • 25/27/30
|
  • 25/27/31
  • reduced landing lag
:4charizard: Charizard |
  • dthrow landing lag
|
|
:4bowser: Bowser |
  • utilt end frame
|
|
:4villager: Villager |
  • pivot grab end frame
|
|
:4falco: Falco |
  • fair end frame
  • side b startup
  • 2nd hit usmash
|
  • 18 (no change noted)
  • 13-20
|
  • 12-21
:4dk: Donkey Kong |
  • forward cargo throw end frame
  • back cargo throw end frame
  • up cargo throw end frame
  • down cargo throw frame
|
|
  • reduced end frame
  • reduced end frame
  • reduced end frame
  • reduced end frame
:4diddy: Diddy Kong |
  • uair landing lag window
|
  • 1-26
|
  • 1-27
:4link: Link |
  • fthrow end frame
|
|
:4samus: Samus |
  • pivot grab end frame
|
|

Also, I now deeply despise making tables on this website. Just saying.
sixriver records data using a 60fps capture card. Theirs is right, thinkaman's are just guesses.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So I just tested out my two mains, Link and Ganondorf, from the patch, and I need confirmation or deconfirmation on two things:

Ganondorf's start up on F-Air is slightly faster.
Link's normal and dash grab speeds are even faster.

If there are various gameplay changes, some changes would be a faster game or a few different things. If it's character changes, too, then I'd think these two examples need to be seen beforehand. I don't know if it's just my brain thinking they're faster attacks, but people have to check first and foremost, alright?

A_Kae

Smash Ace
A single file was added. I hope someone finds out what it is/does.
No files were added. 'cross_f.rpx' was modified, RPX files are the executables for wii u games.

No balance changes, so almost certainly nothing that's going to be relevant from a competitive viewpoint.

Furret24

Smash Master
No files were added. 'cross_f.rpx' was modified, RPX files are the executables for wii u games.

No balance changes, so almost certainly nothing that's going to be relevant from a competitive viewpoint.
Sorry about that then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom