• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I absolutely loved Origins, but it was too damn short!!

Here's a fight with Brock *skips all the way to freaking LAVENDER TOWN*
Ghost Story Arc *Skips to Silph Co.*
Giovanni introduction *Skips to last gym*
Red gets all the badges *Skips the entire ELITE FOUR!!!*
Battle with Green Blue *Only shows Charizard vs. Blastiose*
Mewtwo Battle. Series ends.

I mean, what the ****? Even the anime with ASH has a whole 40 minute 2 episode long battle with Gary in the Johto League! I just felt that it was all like "Oh, you all probably know the story, so I'll skip 90% of it". I would of LOVED to see the different ways they portrayed Surge, Misty, Sabrina, the Safari Warden, and so on like they changed Brock's character. But, nope! That would require a series that's NOT only 4 damn episodes.

Let's hope to Arceus that if they have a Johto Origins it'll be longer...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As someone who has played Melee, Brawl and Smash 4, I personally think it's weird if someone likes Brawl and hates Smash 4 or vice versa. Both games share similar mechanics and therefore the same problems at their core. While Smash 4 fixed some of the problems, it also created a few.

Smash 4 still rewards mostly defensive gameplay, albeit some people have made aggressive playstyles work. Pretty much anyone with a move that has is either multihit or lingers for a long time is pretty good. Any character that that has a kill setup that you can't DI/SDI or kill throw will never be bad. This means a lot of characters aren't as good because they lack of those traits alone. It's pretty silly.

If Smash 4 had Brawl Lucario, he might have been probably guaranteed top tier. But because of mechanic changes and moveset changes, he's probably outside top tier for now in current meta. Rage makes it impossible to take full advantage or Aura unless you play super defensive when you get to high Aura (which I hate), and Lucario's lack of a neutral game means he gets walled and bodied by certain characters.

This is all just my opinion based on what I have observed and noticed as of late. I've lost a lot of faith in singles because of the current meta.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I absolutely loved Origins, but it was too damn short!!

Here's a fight with Brock *skips all the way to freaking LAVENDER TOWN*
Ghost Story Arc *Skips to Silph Co.*
Giovanni introduction *Skips to last gym*
Red gets all the badges *Skips the entire ELITE FOUR!!!*
Battle with Green Blue *Only shows Charizard vs. Blastiose*
Mewtwo Battle. Series ends.

I mean, what the ****? Even the anime with ASH has a whole 40 minute 2 episode long battle with Gary in the Johto League! I just felt that it was all like "Oh, you all probably know the story, so I'll skip 90% of it". I would of LOVED to see the different ways they portrayed Surge, Misty, Sabrina, the Safari Warden, and so on like they changed Brock's character. But, nope! That would require a series that's NOT only 4 damn episodes.

Let's hope to Arceus that if they have a Johto Origins it'll be longer...
Well Origins was already planned to last 4 episodes. (Its an ova) I'm sure if Origins would've became its own anime, it would've lasted much longer than four episodes. The intro while counting down through the games to the very beginning was nostalgic beyond belief for me, the music only made it better.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Just got the final hat from my Lucario amiibo and finally have all challenges completed. Everything unlocked as well

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Speaking of Amiibo's is it possible to get a reasonably priced Lucario amiibo? Or will I have to stick with dealing with scalpers on Amazon and Ebay?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Speaking of Amiibo's is it possible to get a reasonably priced Lucario amiibo? Or will I have to stick with dealing with scalpers on Amazon and Ebay?
Those are pretty much your only choices if you live in USA if you care about keeping it in original USA package You might randomly find a Lucario at TRU, but good luck. You could check some import sites and see if you can get a better price if you don't care about packaging. Don't forget that Japan and Europe have better stock overall on rarer figures. I imported mine to stop the madness.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok

Steam and me battling it out who has the better hat.
Dope, settling it in Smash! I have a hat similar only it doesn't have the eyes and the ears are much longer.

Amiibo's aren't region locked so you can buy them from anywhere, I bought my Lucario amiibo from Amazon uk and it works fine. Me personally would never give a scalper my money.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Id have no problem going full dork wearing a cario cap over my military chase hat and have a lucario plush sitting in my pocket as I play.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
As someone who has played Melee, Brawl and Smash 4, I personally think it's weird if someone likes Brawl and hates Smash 4 or vice versa. Both games share similar mechanics and therefore the same problems at their core. While Smash 4 fixed some of the problems, it also created a few.

Smash 4 still rewards mostly defensive gameplay, albeit some people have made aggressive playstyles work. Pretty much anyone with a move that has is either multihit or lingers for a long time is pretty good. Any character that that has a kill setup that you can't DI/SDI or kill throw will never be bad. This means a lot of characters aren't as good because they lack of those traits alone. It's pretty silly.

If Smash 4 had Brawl Lucario, he might have been probably guaranteed top tier. But because of mechanic changes and moveset changes, he's probably outside top tier for now in current meta. Rage makes it impossible to take full advantage or Aura unless you play super defensive when you get to high Aura (which I hate), and Lucario's lack of a neutral game means he gets walled and bodied by certain characters.

This is all just my opinion based on what I have observed and noticed as of late. I've lost a lot of faith in singles because of the current meta.
Lucario's Brawl recovery would probably not make him top tier.

Have we studied DTilt enough? Hmmm.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, ExtemeSpeed is the exception, obviously. :p

And Double Team. New one can still has problems, but at least it's more usable this time around.

Last edited:

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Ironically I find dtilt to be a more reliable anti air than utilt due to Lucario shifting his hurtbox back and extending a hitbox forward that hits a little upward.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I mainly use down tilt as a combo starter.

I have a tournament coming up and my main competition will be a Marth and a Mario. I haven't had a chance to play them yet, so I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the match ups.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I mainly use down tilt as a combo starter.

I have a tournament coming up and my main competition will be a Marth and a Mario. I haven't had a chance to play them yet, so I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the match ups.
My brother always kicks my ass with Marth. He even does it with the Wii Remote held sideways somehow :/

Here's some starting advice: Generally Marth players will short hop -> Fair, so shield when they're in the air. However, that can lead to them using the shield breaker, which is stupid good this game, so be wary. Also when recovering, ALWAYS sweet-spot the ledge, or you will be eating some F-smashes. Another thing to consider, if both players counter at the same time, Marth will have enough time to perform a F-smash. ASC on the ledge won't work due to Dolphin Slash. Also, watch out for tippers.

Of, course, my brother could just be using an unorthodox Marth technique, but I hope this helps nonetheless.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>not just having L's hairstyle
eww

Also sunny, surpass Steam already, he doesn't deserve to be the best in CO. Your senpai is disappoint you allow this to happen

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This disappoints me.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Hey, so I have another tourney tomorrow, and customs are on. Should I use Lucario with some sort of Custom move set or is default best? Or should I use Lucario at all?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Diddy

Hoohah only

Lods of dosh

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Hey, so I have another tourney tomorrow, and customs are on. Should I use Lucario with some sort of Custom move set or is default best? Or should I use Lucario at all?
since you werent sure to use customs or not you probably shouldnt use lucario at all : 3

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
since you werent sure to use customs or not you probably shouldnt use lucario at all : 3
Any reason for that? From what I can see, none of Lucario's customs are any good (except glancing counter doesn't leave you as open if you miss). I was just being a responsible person and asking around to make sure not all of his customs are trash.

: 3

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Any reason for that? From what I can see, none of Lucario's customs are any good (except glancing counter doesn't leave you as open if you miss). I was just being a responsible person and asking around to make sure not all of his customs are trash.

id recommend using piercing sphere, advancing fp, glancing counter, and ride the wind

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura

They all kind of are...

id recommend using piercing sphere, advancing fp, glancing counter, and ride the wind
Don't even joke about that

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
I dont really like BF, it restricts ASC from B-reverse or wave bouncing and I feel like a bunch of other characters can take advantage of platforms better. That thread is awesome though

Top Bottom