• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Maybe people will finally get off the Lucario being a clone thing if when Lucario proves to be better than him in every aspect besides annoyance level.
Especially since I have a deep-seated dislike for Mewtwo already.
So yes please do that.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Maybe people will finally get off the Lucario being a clone thing if when Lucario proves to be better than him in every aspect besides annoyance level.
Especially since I have a deep-seated dislike for Mewtwo already.
So yes please do that.
I know!!! I hated it when people were like "Uhhhhh.....LUCARIO IS MEWTWO CLONE CUZ HIS CHARGE-Y B THINGY'S THE SAME!!"
However, I was a Mewtwo main back in the Melee days so I will most likely secondary him when he returns.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
If they nerfed the BKB on his Fair, do you guys think UThrow - Fair - Nair then repeat could work out?

Last edited:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
...I feel like I never have anything good to add to the Lucario forums because all the threads seem to be about advanced techniques and I am but a dirty simple casual.

All I can say is, as excited as I am for Mewtwo, the old new guy's going to have to perform pretty damn well if he ever wants to dethrone my main.
(In fact, Mewtwo's only my icon because I haven't drawn a Lucario one yet.)

Though I have found Lucario to be less intuitive in Smash 4 than he was in Brawl. Whatever it is that's causing that, I hope they'll clean it up in the next patch. I doubt it, but it would be nice. You guys've probably already outlined how that would work better than I could.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I honestly hate the Lucario vs Mewtwo rivalry. It was dumb for 7 years and still is.

"Rivalry" talk with: "Miss me?" No, never even seen you in the first place anyway. "Thought you could replace me huh?" Nothing was replaced, you were cut from the roster for taking to long to join the party and got locked out.

The death of the "rivalry" is the only reason Im excited for this month's DLC release.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
The whole rivalry was just a vocal minority of salty fanboys who couldn't handle their character being cut and took it personally.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
The whole rivalry was just a vocal minority of salty fanboys who couldn't handle their character being cut and took it personally.
Well those salty saltines are annoying doofs.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
To be fair, I only mentioned Mewtwo and Lucario in the same sentence because I happen to like both of them for different reasons.
Mewtwo's a favorite pokemon and character of mine because of the First Movie.
I'm partial to Lucario because I learned to play Smash Bros with.
I plan on using both Lucario and Mewtwo when the latter's available. All I'm saying is that it's going to take a lot for Mewtwo to become my new main.

Though I personally find the rivalry amusing. Then again, I don't involve myself with any of the actual butthurt created from it.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Some troll somewhere must be jovially sipping his tea over the Lucario vs. Mewtwo "debate".

Looking forward to this patch immensely. Starting to think Diddy might be better than MK with how safe he can be and the grab setups.

If the patch gives us what we want I'll probably attend tournaments again.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
I hope he can his insane combo ability back if they nerf the BKB on his Fair, maybe give some of his moves a 1-2% damage buff like Shulk recieved in the 1.0.4 update and faster Smash Attacks

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
lol @ anyone thinking huge lucario gameplay designs will be changed

mrpillowcase

Smash Rookie
NNID
mrpillowcase
3DS FC
2165-6503-1411
I don't think that this balance patch will even change a whole lot. It may change some minor things, but nothing like changing his Bair. But then again, Sakurai is known for doing weird stuff.
like nerfing greninja lol

Croi

Smash Lord
To be fair, I'd consider doubling the landing lag on Extreme Speed "huge." It was only one change but it was significant.

Comedy option: Sakurai doubles it again

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
To be fair, I'd consider doubling the landing lag on Extreme Speed "huge." It was only one change but it was significant.

Comedy option: Sakurai doubles it again
Or better, yet: Doubles the lag on AS, Force Palm, and Smash Attacks

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
What do you guys is the most reliable way to test if his moves got buffed or nerfed?
(Other than KO Percents, because that would take forever to test)

Last edited:

mrpillowcase

Smash Rookie
NNID
mrpillowcase
3DS FC
2165-6503-1411
What do you guys is the most reliable way to test if his moves got buffed or nerfed?
(Other than KO Percents, because that would take forever to test)
Start Up and Ending/Landing Lag and how long the hitbox is out for. These things might also take a while, but there are some very dedicated people.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Start Up and Ending/Landing Lag and how long the hitbox is out for. These things might also take a while, but there are some very dedicated people.
I was thinking more about Launch Speed and Knockback, but those things are also important

Last edited:

mrpillowcase

Smash Rookie
NNID
mrpillowcase
3DS FC
2165-6503-1411
I was thinking more about Launch Speed and Knockback, but those things are also relevant
I can't believe I missed those lol. Also, the amount of hit-stun that the person who gets hit would also be important.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Come April 15, a lot of the hopes and dreams of people here will be crushed when Lucario receives no changes.

Your despair will only amuse me.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I honestly don't think Yoshi should've ever been near the top to begin with. 3DS controls and For glory made Yoshi feel like he's strong cuz FG people are bad, but that's also just cause Yoshi has always been strong online, even Brawl.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I honestly don't think Yoshi should've ever been near the top to begin with. 3DS controls and For glory made Yoshi feel like he's strong cuz FG people are bad, but that's also just cause Yoshi has always been strong online, even Brawl.
FG is the reason I think Ganon is viable.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yoshi is still pretty good, but wowsa if he gets the irela treatment.

Prediction with Lucario: at most, a minor change somewhere. That's it.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
FG is the reason I think Ganon is viable.
You are the reason why Ganon is my second. I wanna use him in tourney one day.

Ultimate goal: land a Volcano Kick or PAWUNCH on stream with Ganon. Teach me your Ganon ways, Wolf-sempai. Volcano Kick is 81 frames, but I've managed to land it on the one frame ledge grab vulnerability once.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
How else am I supposed to know if CO is a promise land with 3 stocks and 8/9 minutes whenever I go there without having to actually join your special inside group to see all the ****ty discussion?

Also, **** posting is everywhere. In facebooks terms, it's just now masking behind your real name for people not to know you unless they sign in as "TheChosenWan" in tournament but put next to their names or tell the TO "Btw I'm Bob Jr on bookface, the guy that's been ****ting up your discussions" or unless they go to every tournament and people eventually learn his/her real name.

So technically always anon whereas Smashboards people almost never actually put their real names and go by their tag, so it's much easier to distinguish people.

I hate the whole FB/twitz/reddit only to post results. Smashboards at least gives you more options to post em all.
Wehhhh.
You gotta come here and partner with me in teams, that's how! :3 (seriously, though if you do.....<3)

oh but yo. if it were up to me I wouldn't make it facebook exclusive, as I like to show off. Generally the anonymous thing isn't much of a problem here. We all know each other and moderate the place pretty well so troll posters get sent packing pretty quickly.

but uh anyways I can atleast say something to the tournament organizers around here and get our results posted. I know all of em and I don't think they'd have a problem with it. Majority of them want more exposure anyways, and I'd like to have people like you chatting with us again. :>

Oh. And aura doge will most likely not get touched. Hardly anyone uses this character FG, or in tourney,
The aura is with us. = w=

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I will eventually, maybe even stay. Dunno if it's me being good or Yoshi being good in doubles but the two people I've teamed with we did incredibly well (at least last weekend mostly me), so we can team if you want and neither of us have quit the game by then.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes!

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Would be cool if they made his counter unblockable, but also as a general change to all counters
Can't you just tilt in the direction you were attacked from and it will be faster? He travels a farther distance when I experimented, but I'm not sure if it's faster

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Can't you just tilt in the direction you were attacked from and it will be faster? He travels a farther distance when I experimented, but I'm not sure if it's faster
I don't know if would be faster, but I know you can tilt in the direction you were attacked from, just thought it could be an improvement if it was unblockable

Top Bottom