• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't know what you're talking about, Lucario obviously has no bad matchups because of his Aura.

Just like in Brawl.

;)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I am fairly certain that being hit or touched is not on my lucario agenda.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bad jokes like that are why most people should be BANNED from commentary. I know Houston has a problem with bad commentary because no quality control.

It's also part of why I feel people need to go back to the days of no commentary, just stream gameplay only. Most commentary is just unnecessary IMO.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Pffffffttt.....Lucario rewarding bad play. Could you imagine such a thing? I suppose now people are gonna say Diddy Kong is broken.

Kids these days...

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
"....Do you think Lucario mains get hit on purpose when they're touched or...?"
-A commentator at the last tournament I went to.
Sometimes I do this if I have a huge lead and can't kill someone at 0%. Well, I technically just try to whack them with FSmash in that situation, but either hit or miss I get what I want.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
The only damage I'll allow to hit me is Fox's lasers since that is just pure free aura. Otherwise I don't take kindly to being bopped on the nose.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
The only damage I'll allow to hit me is Fox's lasers since that is just pure free aura. Otherwise I don't take kindly to being bopped on the nose.
I say even that's pushing it as Lucario has literally no way of breaking out of Fox's jab-combo thing. If he catches on, he'll just laser and jab-combo you till you're within kill range of his upsmash.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I say even that's pushing it as Lucario has literally no way of breaking out of Fox's jab-combo thing. If he catches on, he'll just laser and jab-combo you till you're within kill range of his upsmash.
I don't believe it is inescapable. I need proof that we can't SDI and footstool.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Is is possible to escape the jab combo by trying to move diagonally upwards toward Fox by using SDI if you're close enough to him?

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Is is possible to escape the jab combo by trying to move diagonally upwards toward Fox by using SDI if you're close enough to him?
I don't believe it is inescapable. I need proof that we can't SDI and footstool.
While I myself haven't tested trying to escape out. According to My Smash Corner, "Lucario is trapped at any percentage". So unless someone proves him wrong, we're SOL when facing Fox.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
While I myself haven't tested trying to escape out. According to My Smash Corner, "Lucario is trapped at any percentage". So unless someone proves him wrong, we're SOL when facing Fox.
People have said that before, but there was no mention of DI.

Also, every For Glory Fox I've fought over the last week has been doing the Jab combo on me. I was very surprised.

I have been able to escape some of it, but this one Fox adapted and Up Smashed me lol.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
People have said that before, but there was no mention of DI.

Also, every For Glory Fox I've fought over the last week has been doing the Jab combo on me. I was very surprised.

I have been able to escape some of it, but this one Fox adapted and Up Smashed me lol.
Hmmm.....is it possible use counter on the upsmash (or even the jab combo for that matter), or is the startup too long?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hmmm.....is it possible use counter on the upsmash (or even the jab combo for that matter), or is the startup too long?
You could, but if the Fox baits it... GG... I would honestly suggest DIing down and shielding at kill percents. You can shieldgrab him if he beats on your shield with his Jab.

In the 3DS version if you are literally right next to Fox when he does the Jab stuff you can DI behind him.

This game is silly.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
counter is never a good escape option because it doesn't come out quick enough. It will never save you from that jab combo unless the fox misinputs

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
counter is never a good escape option because it doesn't come out quick enough. It will never save you from that jab combo unless the fox misinputs
Really all I want it for is u-smash out of jab.
That seems like such bull****, but it may be good just for a one time use cheap trick.
Do foxes usually go for the u-smash outta jabs?

I havn't fought enough good ones sense that jab lock was discovered.
If I remember correctly our counter is like, 4 frame start up or something?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Really all I want it for is u-smash out of jab.
That seems like such bull****, but it may be good just for a one time use cheap trick.
Do foxes usually go for the u-smash outta jabs?

I havn't fought enough good ones sense that jab lock was discovered.
If I remember correctly our counter is like, 4 frame start up or something?
4 Frames for reg. 3 Frame invincibility for Glancing.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Personally I think Lucario's counter is his worst move (not saying the character is bad, just that move, allow me to explain) because if you make the wrong read then you can be punished pretty bad. You can also block his counter if you're fast enough (depends on the situation but regardless you can block it). The counter frames dont last that long either. So compared to other counters, Lucario's isn't the best but if you make a good read and you actually hit your opponent at high percentage, its devastating. You take a lot of risks when you use his counter.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Personally I think Lucario's counter is his worst move (not saying the character is bad, just that move, allow me to explain) because if you make the wrong read then you can be punished pretty bad. You can also block his counter if you're fast enough (depends on the situation but regardless you can block it). The counter frames dont last that long either. So compared to other counters, Lucario's isn't the best but if you make a good read and you actually hit your opponent at high percentage, its devastating. You take a lot of risks when you use his counter.
In certain match ups, like Samus, you can use it on reaction. It isn't much of a problem that it can be blocked because it's too fast, goes too far and too dangerous to punish on reaction with certain characters.

It does not really matter that it isn't the best though. You shouldn't be using it unless it is your only alternative or it gives you a match up advantage.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
You can get punished by using pretty much anything if you use it in the wrong spot, Lucario's counter is no different.

It's consistently useful against slow moving projectiles though, it makes a world of difference against Lloids and Luigi's fireballs for example. There is absolutely no risk in those situations, your opponents should really think twice about using their slower projectiles especially at higher percents. None of the other counter users can actually use their moves in the same way as Double Team can be abused as their location and hitbox is more or less set after activation (don't know anything of their custom counters though). I would actually argue Lucario having one of the best counters in the game.

...how can I downvote Ulevo's signature >:[

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Can't say I care for your attitude or actually going on with this argument but a game's tournament representation alone does not tell anything about qualities that define that "good" value in it. Brawl isn't any different today that it was a year ago.

But yeah, I guess I'm just tired of the unneeded trend of people downplaying Brawl since it mostly seems to be just because kids think it's cool. I can believe that you have your reasons for that and all but having that sort of a signature is also somewhat unneeded if you ask me. But yeah, my comment was just supposed to be a harmless jab at it wheee

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
Can't say I care for your attitude or actually going on with this argument but a game's tournament representation alone does not tell anything about qualities that define that "good" value in it. Brawl isn't any different today that it was a year ago.

But yeah, I guess I'm just tired of the unneeded trend of people downplaying Brawl since it mostly seems to be just because kids think it's cool. I can believe that you have your reasons for that and all but having that sort of a signature is also somewhat unneeded if you ask me. But yeah, my comment was just supposed to be a harmless jab at it wheee
There's a strong correlation between what would be considered a well made, tournament viable game and the number or frequency of tournaments taking place. The fact that Brawl is not any different now than it was a year ago only serves to fuel my point.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
There's a strong correlation between what would be considered a well made, tournament viable game and the number or frequency of tournaments taking place. The fact that Brawl is not any different now than it was a year ago only serves to fuel my point.
Just because a game does not have a strong tournament scene does not mean its bad, there are uncountable games with dead or simply nonexistant tournament scenes and are considered great games.

Its not all about the tournaments.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Just because a game does not have a strong tournament scene does not mean its bad, there are uncountable games with dead or simply nonexistant tournament scenes and are considered great games.

Its not all about the tournaments.
Reading is not hard.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Reading is not hard.
Neither is having any restraint on jabbing others, you need to slow your roll bruh and let people be people, who gives a flip that a misreading happens? You aint winning any awards.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Neither is having any restraint on jabbing others, you need to slow your roll bruh and let people be people, who gives a flip that a misreading happens? You aint winning any awards.
There's a sense of irony here. Loota felt the need to make a point about my signature. Which I'm fine with. But if you're going to join a discussion, then spot dodge when replied to 'cause "calm down bruh", assuming I have a problem with the conversation (when its the problem with clarity I have), then just leave it alone.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
There's a sense of irony here. Loota felt the need to make a point about my signature. Which I'm fine with. But if you're going to join a discussion, then spot dodge when replied to 'cause "calm down bruh", assuming I have a problem with the conversation (when its the problem with clarity I have), then just leave it alone.
Not really, your signature is a jab in of itself and his jab was playful and yours are not. You initiate everything in a notably hostile way then say deal with it at the slightest upbringing.

If you cant even handle playful comments then I will tell you to chill out.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Not really, your signature is a jab in of itself and his jab was playful and yours are not. You initiate everything in a notably hostile way then say deal with it at the slightest upbringing.

If you cant even handle playful comments then I will tell you to chill out.
Telling you to deal with my signature isn't exactly hostile. It's apathetic. Though if you don't like my signature, I can see why you wouldn't perceive it that way.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Telling you to deal with my signature isn't exactly hostile. It's apathetic. Though if you don't like my signature, I can see why you wouldn't perceive it that way.
Perhaps reading is hard I guess since I did not list you saying deal with it as hostile.

Its not your signature that is annoying me, its the childish attitude you have it coated in that started this little drama party.

You got uppity over a playful comment, then got hostile over my post then have the nerve to tell me to leave it alone as well as fail to practice what you preach.

As I said, you are not winning any awards.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Perhaps reading is hard I guess since I did not list you saying deal with it as hostile.

Its not your signature that is annoying me, its the childish attitude you have it coated in that started this little drama party.

You got uppity over a playful comment, then got hostile over my post then have the nerve to tell me to leave it alone as well as fail to practice what you preach.

As I said, you are not winning any awards.
Look, tell ya what. I'll ignore you, you ignore me. That sounds like the less childish thing to do, right?

On a more productive note. Does anyone have any specific stage preferences for Lucario. More so on a character basis than a personal one? I've been toying with different stages to decide which ones should be used but haven't come up with anything conclusive.

Ulevo

Smash Master
If you choose the stage, pick Lylat. Safest counter-pick
Problem I have with Lylat is that it screws up our DCFP set up, and it makes it hard to wavebounce both with the position of the platforms and with the stage tilt. Plus the stage tilt works against our projectile game. Lylat can also screw our recover, or at least force us to recovery high for a free punish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom