• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Its not like Smashboards is creating its own tier list anytime soon. I'll happily eat my own Aura Sphere if I am wrong though!

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Homie. I would rather wait a thousand years for a proper list made using results and fleshed out MU data before referencing a voted one.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Lol, seems a lot of people are winning tournaments and I'm here having people throw me pool floaties at every local I go to :\

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Fox suffers rushdown player syndrome in the sense, too many like to press too many buttons which means they tend to leave themselves open. Fox doesn't have a killing throw or anything guaranteed off a throw at later percents, which already makes a matchup tolerable.

Fox has to always be careful around us since he's so light and all we need is one hit to kill him. At the past SSS, I was able to take one of Larry's stocks at 50% because of a spotdodge.

Just play careful and we'll be fine. Not an easy matchup but certainly not unwinnable. Depending on the situation, taking free damage from lasers could work for us. Running in and at least closing the distance to get better positioning is one reason I might not shield the lasers.

I also won a tournament: 2 Falcons. One in Winner's Finals and the other Grand Finals. I still dislike fighting that character.

Last edited:

Slythe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ixtalis
3DS FC
3222-6332-1769
I think I don't like Falcon players, though fighting Falcon can be fine. Given how many of them go for the disrespect kills every single chance they get, they become predictable. Most just rely on having faster reflexes than you and less on planning a few steps in advance.

Oh, and knee. Knees forever, in all situations.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well done, brocarios.

We keep on dropping on the reddit tier lists, which I've never been able to figure out why we aren't higher than dead average.
It's a Reddit tier list. Those are usually half a popularity contest, half upvoting whichever character people are calling OP at the moment.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
LMAO Reddit doesn't no ****, it's just a big whine list of what 4 glory scrubs can't deal with. The same people that probably fall victim to Dash attack/Dash Grab Falcons.

An official tier list won't be made for awhile. The game is far too young and tbh like, 3/4ths of the cast are unknown to most players. The name of the game is exposure right now. So just keep doing what you're doing and bop people with aura dog. He's perfectly viable.

Congratz to everyones 1st place btw!
Maaan I gotta hit up a weekly and keep the trend going. = w=

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
All of Lucario's options out of Aura Sphere charge (air attacks, USmash, grab, firing it) are possible except for Extreme Speed.

At this point the things I feel we really haven't explored are possibilities of Force Palm used in the air, a few canceling things and perhaps the one frame landing with our air attacks.

Has anyone experimented with using a wall jumped FAir out of a ledge trump? If this works and since Aura Sphere or Force Palm flame can combo out of FAir... It could be another possible mixup/kill setup with ledge silliness and if we wall jump we do not waste our second jump...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oookay. I'm bored and really wanna do something.

I'm gonna make a sexy Lucario guide.
It'll have lots of blue text, and pictures of floof dog.

Oh.
and this time i'll ****in finish it.
I think I wanted to do a general break down of lucario's moves when this game came out? But i'm kinda glad I didn't, because holy ****, there'd be sooo much stuff i'd have to edit now.

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I can't get ASC --> Usmash to work for the life of me. Is there an explanation somewhere on how to do it, and which characters it works on?

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
So Lucario is up next in ZeRo's character discussion series. I'm fairly reserved about what will be shown, but I'm betting on the following points being beaten like a dead horse:

- Poor neutral
- Grab reliance
- Don't die
- ASC->JCUS

Unfortunately I doubt he will go over more complex points, like why he actually still loses to Sheik despite what the masses might think. I really wouldn't put too much on people outside of this forum to properly explain all the nuances of the character.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Oh.. *cough* Right... experts...

I'll just uhh... I'll just be over here fishing for extreme speed kills... yeah...

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
JC Up smash from ASC is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I suggest first attempting to do JC Upsmashes in training mode without ASC. That way you can get familiar with the motions before adding in ASC. Learning how to JC Upsmash can transfer over to other possible characters you use.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Yeah, it turns out the jump cancling part was what I was doing wrong :p

I'm still not consistent with it, but I managed to pull it off a few times in training earlier.
Thanks a ton @Deez1 for the explanation btw~

:006:

Last edited:

Slythe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ixtalis
3DS FC
3222-6332-1769
I'd have to think that ZeRo or any other gaming celebrity discussing a character needs to try to press the popular opinion while subtly hinting that a character only needs one good, elite player to step forward to change the metagame.

I don't blame someone for hawking their wares, Page views and private lessons pay the bills. But I take their advice with a grain of salt.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Hey, guys! Zero here with a video about Lucario in Smash 4! Now, he has a lot of stuff going for him, but he also struggles against certain match ups. So is he a great character? I dunno, kinda hard to say. Anyways, be sure to like, comment and subscribe. Zero out.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hey, guys! Zero here with a video about Lucario in Smash 4! Now, he has a lot of stuff going for him, but he also struggles against certain match ups. So is he a great character? I dunno, kinda hard to say. Anyways, be sure to like, comment and subscribe. Zero out.

LMAO!
Pretty much perfect. <3

He doesn't play Lucario. And us experts can just really judge what he says.

I'll pass all together holy ****. I'm cool with watching his break down of other characters because I merely take it as opinion, and those are always cool to hear, but knowing how many scrubs cling to his leg, and hoooow safe and cookie cutter a lot of the character break downs are, I think i'd just get irritated at the lack of depth. There's a certain amount of depth you gain from acknowledging your characters flaws, and still staking your tournament life on them. It's through this hardship that players gain insight beyond anything that can be read or told from ear to ear.

I'm most certain he has that kinda insight with Diddy.
But w/e
The people who actually DO main these characters I think arn't the demographic anyways.

Croi

Smash Lord
I noticed that most people who are pro-customs use a character that has great or exploitable customs. I haven't met a Lucario that's pro-customs; Wario is pro-customs; Jigglypuff is anti-customs; Ganondorf is pro-customs. I wonder what the correlation is.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I noticed that most people who are pro-customs use a character that has great or exploitable customs. I haven't met a Lucario that's pro-customs; Wario is pro-customs; Jigglypuff is anti-customs; Ganondorf is pro-customs. I wonder what the correlation is.

Pokemon players must hate customs?
( ͡ ͡° ͡° ʖ ͡° ͡°)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Im a lucario and I like customs! Well two of them! Sometimes!

Slythe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ixtalis
3DS FC
3222-6332-1769
From what I've seen other boards use a bit of nuance when discussing customs. Palutena boards promote "customs for us, but no one else." ZSS boards pretend they don't exist. Maybe nuance isn't the right word.

I won't care about Lucario's customs unless I see Bone Rush. Then I'll become an evangelist~

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I've never cared much for customs either. Experimented with all of Luc's and can't say any really stuck out to me, except maybe penetrating AS because it helps against Rosas =P outside of that I prefer Lucario's standard specials. The only character whose customs I like is Megaman =P

Top Bottom