• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is Paw-some! - MWC: East Event #1- March 6-7th, Winona Lake, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
You guys absolutely ROCK!

I know for a fact Michigan will bring a set up or two, so we already met the goal for this tournament as far as set ups go, but don't let that discourage anyone from bringing more. The more set ups, the faster this thing will run and the more friendlies you can play.

Looking good, so very good.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
CAT5 cable isn't very expensive if you just want to buy some of it. :p Personally, I'm barely going to have enough cash to even attend this, until I start Spring classes and get a little extra student loan money, but even $1/person would more than cover the cost. I'm not concerned either way but I'll pitch in you if you guys can pull the streaming off.

Maybe I underestimate the distance, but 150ft doesn't seem very far either. Surely you wouldn't need that much if there was a jack somewhere inside the building we play in. Surely it's more than 150 ft. to the next closest building? :/ *shrug*

If you go to a MWC event, anyone and everyone can record any of your matches at any time. No exceptions, no hiding your matches, no saying "I play worse when I'm recorded", nothing. Public domain, good for all.
The M2K rule?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Can you put me on the list of maybes for attending this tournament (lollike50%chance)? If I do attend, I'll only be there Saturday.

...but nobody knows me, so it's okay.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Hey Avarice, nice to see you took my advice for coming AT LEAST one day. :)

-My friend Javix may be bringing a setup, but he is DEFINANTLY coming to the tourney. So go ahead and add him.

Another friend of mine is coming too, he'll either go by the name "Black" or "Grimm", probably the former.

(I may be able to bring TvC on my Wii, if it's needed/wanted)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was guessing at the distance between the main building and the "C" building, which is the cabin that people were sleeping in last time, Mr. E. Maybe 200 feet would be required. Who knows?

a 3 second google search tells me that 200 ft of cable would cost about $45 bucks. If I was in Indiana, I'd be willing to make the purchase and set it all up...sigh.

I should tell you all this, though: I may be moving back sooner than I thought...like May or so. My company out here might be going out of business, and if I leave, I'll probably come right back to Indiana.

Bad for me, good for smash.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I was guessing at the distance between the main building and the "C" building, which is the cabin that people were sleeping in last time, Mr. E. Maybe 200 feet would be required. Who knows?

a 3 second google search tells me that 200 ft of cable would cost about $45 bucks. If I was in Indiana, I'd be willing to make the purchase and set it all up...sigh.

I should tell you all this, though: I may be moving back sooner than I thought...like May or so. My company out here might be going out of business, and if I leave, I'll probably come right back to Indiana.

Huzzah! and boo....

I can provide probably a good 40 ft. of cables and probably could borrow friends CAT-5 cables so we don't have to spend $45. DM, would we need a router too? (router = I can also provide)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's still a chance I'm staying here. If my wife and I can both get jobs that pay well, and we can figure out how to get to both of them with 1 car, then we'll stay for now.

It'll be a few weeks before we really know anything.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I meant to say you should go to school here, but yeah, I knew that's why you were going to Phoenix. Ahh... I'm tired.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just FYI:

I have been incredibly busy with real world stuff and haven't been able to do as much as I'd like without making stupid sacrifices, but there are some rules you don't know yet. None of them are really important to you except this one:

If you go to a MWC event, anyone and everyone can record any of your matches at any time. No exceptions, no hiding your matches, no saying "I play worse when I'm recorded", nothing. Public domain, good for all.
Is this a midwest rule, or a national rule? Because...it's a good one.

The M2K rule?
Yesz!

:D

D:

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
a time for when crews should start should be decided so that we don't have it starting at like 12pm because people didn't show up till real late.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Also, could we get a number on how many people per crew? Or will that be decided on the day of the touranemnt?

And will there be a sixth crew? Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois... five is such an awkward number >.<

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Are we going to wait until the actual tournament until we choose crews, or are we doing it before.

If its the latter... <caugh>PICK ME</caugh>

PEEF!

Smash Hero
It's looking like Jekyll and I will be able to attend this shiz. Awesome? Yes. I will bring my recording equipment for commentary because that went awesome at SMYM9. Cheea.

I'd like to be a part of the Indiana crew. I'm not really sure how crew battles work, perhaps I should read the thread...hmm.

Not much detail on the crew battle? And the above poster was correct, there should be a sixth team (probably rejected scrubs from the other states, haha, but still a decent underdog team) to fill out the round robin, yeah?

Kel

Smash Master
Bloodhawk, Joshu, Iggy, Tink, Kyari, etc. are all Indiana.

It also depends on the Louisville area and how specific we are with "states". I know a bunch of the Louisville guys are actually from IN, and OS is actually from KY but plays with Cincinnati....so...ya know

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
It also depends on the Louisville area and how specific we are with "states". I know a bunch of the Louisville guys are actually from IN, and OS is actually from KY but plays with Cincinnati....so...ya know
I'll say with current location. I didn't even know Kyari was Indiana, and OS would be considered Cincy, as is Louisville with KY.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Are Tink, Kyari, and Iggy even playing anymore?
I was just with Tink a couple weeks ago at SMYM and he says that he is done (at least for now) with Brawl. Kyari and I talk all the time and apparently he is quitting for at least awhile. Rook has gotten very very good, but he has quit for a few months as well.

Is Joshu coming to this? Blueblade is Indiana?

Kel

Smash Master
I recommend that BloogHawk or Blueblade or Overswarm make a topic nearly identical to this one in the 'tournament listings' thread. That's usually the best place to advertise decent-sized tournaments.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yep, lived here for 20 years, 11.5 months. (basically, my whole life)
That's legit. Looks like we will have at least enough. So will this joint have housing Sat night? If not, can someone provide it for me and 1 or 2 others?

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
That made me lol.

I recommend that BloogHawk or Blueblade or Overswarm make a topic nearly identical to this one in the 'tournament listings' thread. That's usually the best place to advertise decent-sized tournaments.
Also, done. Cause I'm Bloog Hawk now apparently.

<3 Kel

Mr.E

Smash Lord
TheBloogBlade should not forget his TSB skillz, as I'm running through a season now with the Falcons (friend-chosen) for practice. Week 16, still undefeated!

EDIT AKSHUN: Haha neither the Niners nor the Raiders made the playoffs. 8) Bills owned their division, though. :[

wtf broncos beat the bills... Giants going to face me in the NFC Champs as expected, though.

F'd in the A by the Vicheaters in divisional :mad: Then they ALSO beat the Giants in OT.

Broncos/Vikings Super Bowl am I playing the right game? :confused: Broncos win the super bowl wtfdizzle

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
TheBloogBlade should not forget his TSB skillz, as I'm running through a season now with the Falcons (friend-chosen) for practice. Week 16, still undefeated!
I finished a season about two weeks ago with the New York Jets. I finished 14-4, lost in the AFC Championship to the Chiefs. I really hate them Bills, pain in the ***. I think I'll play one more season before next weekend. If anyone still has NES games and has RBI baseball, bring it!

And since we are on this subject of VG Sports, I just won a Wii Baseball game 28-0 (scored 26 in the 3rd).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm in Indiana. >_>

..bishes.

ook, we should go double Falcon for the 2v2 tourney. It would be epic, I did it with Hot_ArmS on wifi and we actually did pretty well. (we'd switch to our mains if we lost with Falcon XD)

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Bloodhawk, Joshu, Iggy, Tink, Kyari, etc. are all Indiana.

The only travelling Louisville people we have are Me, Crash, Rowan, Tactical and J-Kip. The driving force behind the 502 is Hilt, Rowan, Calic, Crash, Tactical and Paladin. So half of the good guys are Indy and the other half are KY.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
The only travelling Louisville people we have are Me, Crash, Rowan, Tactical and J-Kip. The driving force behind the 502 is Hilt, Rowan, Calic, Crash, Tactical and Paladin. So half of the good guys are Indy and the other half are KY.
you forget xisin and eric, but you're pretty much right. but in all honesty, i'd probably be the only one from indiana that would be in the crew battle >.>

We're right across the river from ky, so we're considered louisville.

also, is the five person crew amount set in stone? I'd like to know so i can figure out in advance who'll be in ours ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom