• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is Paw-some! - MWC: East Event #1- March 6-7th, Winona Lake, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Third time, if you count that he mentioned it twice in the MW Crew for Genesis topic before you responded to him.

Since we hit a new page... *cough* TEAMS PLOX! And if we end up doing crews, someone should take me as an honorary member this time. :ohwell: Not participating is never fun, especially since we never have enough set-ups to keep playing friendlies anyway. I'm not rude like some people, I don't take up space on a TV that could be used to allow things to finish before 2am. ;[

And sorry for not visiting the board for like three days and not confirming my desire to team with you, Asdioh. I assumed you would understand me or that it was implied I would accept.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't think this region can handle picking crews.
I love your thread title.

Lain, if you want to step up and say "I'm a crew captain!" for whatever reason, here is the step-by-step process:

-say you are crew captain
-say you are picking crews
-say "who should be on there?"
-let people bicker
-you choose

It's sooooooo much easier that way, and as long as you pay attention it turns out better too!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
crews by state would be kinda pointless. MI is kinda stacked...
regardless, it would be fun. And to an extent, that's what the side event is about, right? I mean... random tournament? nobody got TOO competitive in that. but yeah... michigan would wreck everyone lol

Kirk

Smash Champion
To my knowledge, IL has:

Me
MachinegunNorm
Raid
Scythe
Ook
Arty

That's all I know of(only from Northern IL too)...so I think we'll have enough if we decide to do state crews. :)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Theoretically if OS and myself are on crews we should be able to win :p OS took 9 stocks in a crew battle once and got pie, I took 11 stocks and got nothing.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Random tournament is lame, if only because that's what we end up doing most of the time. We should figure something else out to do this time. No, not main swap. :mad: Yes, I like to use smilies.

AZ, you have no idea how aggravating it is when the sound is out of sync with the video. :embarrass

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I disagree. Quite obviously, some people would be far more advantaged than others... *looks at ITT*

Anyways, I think crews get more hype and give a much better sense of competition within the region, as well as starting some healthy rivalries that we lack at times. Frankly, I think crews should be an official part of the MWC rather than just a side event, but that may too difficult to logistically pull off.

What's The Point

Smash Master
If you wanted official MWC Crews, you'd have to go with states. Doubles teams can't even always make it each time, I doubt self-made crews could get past 1 event. Going by states makes crews somewhat interchangeable.

Schedule gives time for two events, so both Low Tier and Crews could be done.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
wut :confused:

Theoretically, we should have time for two events but, in practice, we don't even start a side event until midnight because a lot of people don't get there until then. After that one event, it's time for people to start hitting the sack. Maybe if people get here earlier this time... *cough* No johns unless you're driving over eight hours to get here.

I disagree. Quite obviously, some people would be far more advantaged than others... *looks at ITT*
While not all of us main low tier characters, most people have at least one low-tier lovechild. :-*

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I've got Lucario...... yeah........

Anyways, I agree with the crew idea. State crews or Draft Crews, whatever you guys want. I also like Vayseth's idea about organizing them now as opposed to at the event for time sake. That way, half of Michigan doesn't sleep john out like at Rofa's event. (<3 Michigan)

Kel

Smash Master
State crews would be AWESOME. Draft crews would be dumb and a waste of time.

Remember that one time when cincinnati got both first and second at Rofa's? Well, Themann was on the second place team, but yall definitely couldn't handle GUNPUNCH!

lou4222

Smash Lord
How many people on each crew per state? Whatever state has the smallest amount of people and cap it that? State crews!!!! Even though I probably wouldnt get to rep Ohio it would be fun to see.

lain

Smash Master
I love your thread title.

Lain, if you want to step up and say "I'm a crew captain!" for whatever reason, here is the step-by-step process:

-say you are crew captain
-say you are picking crews
-say "who should be on there?"
-let people bicker
-you choose

It's sooooooo much easier that way, and as long as you pay attention it turns out better too!
Lawlz. This is basically what's been going on so far. I'm just letting people do that, and then once tourney results start comin' in THAT'S what I'll be looking at personally to see who's who in the midwest since I've played nearly everyone and I could judge skill based on that relative knowledge. I guess we can implement tryouts but I don't really understand how that works.

And like Zjiin said, we don't want some guy to get on the crew for no legitimate reason, and then get 3 stocked by someone and we're all pissed at them.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lawlz. This is basically what's been going on so far. I'm just letting people do that, and then once tourney results start comin' in THAT'S what I'll be looking at personally to see who's who in the midwest since I've played nearly everyone and I could judge skill based on that relative knowledge. I guess we can implement tryouts but I don't really understand how that works.
"tryouts" are basically an excuse for someone to john about their tournament record and hopefully make up for it. If someone says "I rock snake!" have them play against several snake players and see how they do, but otherwise just use tournament results. People will always talk themselves up, so put 'em to the test but don't cut 'em slack

Tink

Smash Hero
its not all about tournament placings though(idk if thats what OS was talkin about or not). if we have a guy that can consistently beat good snakes, or metas, but still doesnt place well in tournaments, that shouldnt matter....crews are a whole diff ballpark then a bracket would be....your not going through several diff people, your there for 1 person, and the strategy plays a hugeee part in it. if this has been said, whoops <_<.

edit: if you wernt talking about genesis <_< my bad.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
But... if you do crews, I wouldn't be on the IN team, NOBODY KNOWS ME!!! But I wouldn't mind watching, or playing, whichever comes first. (Plus, my tournament record is terrible, considering I've been to ONE.)

Low tiers would be fun though, Mario ftw.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
the side tournament would be up to BH / TBB. I'd personally like to see a good ol' fashioned pokemon trainer tournament, PS1 / PS2 only :D

I think Panda wanted to run a TvC mini-tournament on Friday too

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I'll honestly leave it up to a majority vote for the second side tournament. The first side, we (TO's) should figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom