• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LSC Championships GNES/RAZER/TRELA/DOJO/DABUZ/M2K/SOCAL & $500+ POT BONUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
When it comes to goofing around they do. For tournaments, this is the main spot.
Iono, I kinda like the format you can post results in on AiB. Where you can click all the names and see who they beat to place where. I know you can post brackets here too, but results on AiB>Results on SWF even if less people probably see it.

@ Mekos, its alot simpler to protect your partner with MK than with almost any other character. Tornadoing to break up a fight doesn't make him a doubles genius or something.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Can't wait for mk mains to be super salty when they start losing to "gay" stuff

:phone:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
This was a good tournament. For god's sake, don't ruin the thread now by making it into another MK debate thread. T_T

By the way, I am NOT uploading this match with three Falcons on a team against a ZSS that was saved on my Wii the morning of the tournament. It wasn't loaded through homebrew, so there are NO tags. XD

EDIT: I can't remember who liked one of the songs I had on YI. If you were curious about the name though, this is the song.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
U say that tesh but most people don't do that lol. And it's much more than that. That was a small ex. but if u can't get it don't worry about it.

Yea M2k I know Gnes is good in teams. I played with him myself. We undefeated :) haha.

@Dabuz - U did awesome man! I was cheering for u the whole tourney. Good job East coast!

And Megafox was there right? How did u do buddy!? :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ can't wait for everyone to be salty cuz the whole cast is "gay".

Seriously even Zelda and Puff piss me off.

@ M2K, the reason its alot easier to nado save your partner is because most characters can't stop nado like you can those other moves. Sure in 1v1 you can shield, avoid and punish an obvious nado, but in doubles doing those 2 things doesn't save your partner.

Like I said, its possible for every character to do (when i use ganon i opt for dash attacks and wizkicks), but when you have a move with a massive hitbox, overwhelming priority and decent mobility then its just....easier.

And as you said, its a simple concept, so maybe Mekos now understands that nadoing isn't genius.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
that doesn't matter though. A free hit is a free hit. Snake's F tilt does more damage than tornado does. It's not really any better in most situations. I can't speak for most characters, because I do not have experience with most characters, but I do know many others can easily take a quick free hit off of reaction. My reaction time isn't even really good (0.23 seconds) but I can still react just by paying attention every time.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
yea, but it's not that fast, the point is it's not hard to react. You just have to pay attention. When you see them get hit, take advantage of the situation. Even if it's a quick move like a metaknight down smash that they got hit by, there is still plenty of lag to be punished before they are able to shield.

Tesh

Smash Hero
that doesn't matter though. A free hit is a free hit. Snake's F tilt does more damage than tornado does. It's not really any better in most situations. I can't speak for most characters, because I do not have experience with most characters, but I do know many others can easily take a quick free hit off of reaction. My reaction time isn't even really good (0.23 seconds) but I can still react just by paying attention every time.
If you think damage is more important than being FAR more likely to land a move then you should have picked up ganondorf.

megaFoX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
megafox112
U say that tesh but most people don't do that lol. And it's much more than that. That was a small ex. but if u can't get it don't worry about it.

Yea M2k I know Gnes is good in teams. I played with him myself. We undefeated :) haha.

@Dabuz - U did awesome man! I was cheering for u the whole tourney. Good job East coast!

And Megafox was there right? How did u do buddy!? :)
i did alright i guess =o im proud that i made it into pro bracket tho

zmx

Smash Lord
If you think damage is more important than being FAR more likely to land a move then you should have picked up ganondorf.
I think you might have missed his point.

The way I see it Nado will hit a lot more in this situation. But it might do as little as 5% AND will leave you open for the opposing teamate to punish you if you're not careful the same way you went for the punish.

On the other hand snake's Ftilt does about 21% if both hits connect and is less likely to leave you open for a heavy punish especially if you have a grenade or two out.

So say for every ftilt lag punish in doubles there's a chance of four nado lag punishes. It sort of evens out.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Good stuff MegaFox! Way to rep Fox! :D

Wish I was able to make it. (My weekend sucked since I couldn't go.)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think you might have missed his point.

The way I see it Nado will hit a lot more in this situation. But it might do as little as 5% AND will leave you open for the opposing teamate to punish you if you're not careful the same way you went for the punish.

On the other hand snake's Ftilt does about 21% if both hits connect and is less likely to leave you open for a heavy punish especially if you have a grenade or two out.

So say for every ftilt lag punish in doubles there's a chance of four nado lag punishes. It sort of evens out.
People without avatars don't have souls.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@Megafox: That's what's up! Awesome!!

@Gnes: Way to play so smart and patient against tearbear. Tearbear plays so patient and it takes good mental strength to just sit back and play gay like he does! Good stuff! U beat him at his own game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom