• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
is meeting at 8:30 leaving at 9:00 alright guys? Doubles starts at 12:00, so we'd get there with about an hour to spare. Is that too early?

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Im surprised you guys are still going even with all of this snow. Guess nothing can stop the Louisville crew (besides OS and Quivo).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Snow melts, roads'll be clear by then. If they aren't we might have issues.... but we'll call it like we see it.

wangston

Smash Lord
so any chance of doing a small ky circuit over the summer. I know we are doing the mwce but I would like to play with other smashers outside of Louisville other than once a month. KY circuit would be nice because every place is with in an hour/2hour drive for everyone.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There's no one in KY but me (and I'm basically cincinnati) and Louisville, really. A few lexington smashers, but that's 'bout it. If you could get Mister Eric to run more aewsome tournaments you could have a tournament every weekend.

Circuit early, th en louisville tournament, then lexington tournament, repeat ad infinitum.

wangston

Smash Lord
well cincy is practically ky. lol the cincy airport is in ky. But i would be nice if it went cincy, lousiville, Lexington, and morehead if they can get numbers other than just us.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Louisville/Cincinnati/Morehead (they apparenty have a smash scene. We'll check it out saturday)

would be a small circuit... it would work, but it would be difficult with the MWC. One circuit event and whatever other big tournaments will probaby be enough... >.> not to mention OS would be running both lol. It'd be awesome though :D

Protein

Smash Apprentice
nah, OS is busy. let him manage the important stuff (MWC). if there's a KY circuit, all the KY TOs can split the responsibilities.

wangston

Smash Lord
well over the summer I would like to play with people other than Lousiville when we aren't going to a mwce event. And traveling that one hour or two hours to the ky places is no biggy. I'm fine if everyone wants to drive up to Louisville the whole time :D I just think people would be more inclined if we took turns on where we went.

It shouldn't be that hard to set something up but it's just an idea. Even just a small 3 tourney event would be fine. I just want the ky smasher to get closer together. ILKY

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
We plan to slowly evolve the KY scene as time progresses. We'll be traveling for tournaments in Morehead and Lexington quite often. The thing about a KY circuit is that the TOs in Lexington arent really for it for various reasons. And that's understandable. If we DID run some kind of circuit it would have to include cincinnati.

On another note, I'd like to get a larger tournament set up if at all possible. You know, one that will bring in OOS. The only problem is location. I may talk to Xisin about he and I Co-Running a possibly two day event at his venue. If not, I'll start looking for places.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hilt, could someone plx bring a tv/setup to the tourney?
And I have people for the Lexington Circuit Hilt.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
sooner or later spec will learn what that 'edit' button does
:D

edit: Cr4sh I forgot: can you fit two TVs in your car?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
spec are you going or not?
you havent confirmed yet. I'll need to know if we need a second driver or not, in case paladin goes.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Cr4sh here, good to see that morehead is still a go. I have no power, I'm at kinkos so this will be short.

I plan to be at oxmoor tomorrow in time to leave @ 9am. I won't be at the mall today since there seems to be no activity suggesting it would be a good idea. Otherwise good luck.

If you need to get ahold of me you can do so on my cell before 4pm.

wangston

Smash Lord
How did the morehead tourney go. Also when is the next s2d tourney, I think hilt said something about them not having any tourneys next month.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i definitely enjoyed it. :D

and yes, the next two tournaments at S2D are canceled.The next tournament there is on February 21st.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Good stuff! yeah YbM surprised the heck out of me, seems he took some steroids or something since the MWC! fun though.

clowsui

Smash Legend
no johns
wth is justin? he should have demolished that dude -_-
oreo step it up
stop mindlessly doing stuff and start thinking, every time i see your fox you're doing needless bs
for example in that match vs protein that you most recently put up why are you never pressing the advantage? throwing sheik = you do whatever you want. sheik hsa like 0 options after being popped up, so just bait her to do stuff...like utilting or spot dodging underneath her. instead you roll back and laser, resetting the situation
you kept rolling back and forth -> single laser. what does that accomplish? NOTHING
sdi out of zelda's usmash, mash down and side
he just kept rolling around and you rolled with him. punish those rolls, shoot a few lasers, upsmash him, SOMETHING.
he can't ftilt lock you properly below thirty, take advantage of that
why did you LET him transform? you could've easily taken protein down about 22% each time and you would've refreshed it with your weird laser habits
protein is a GARBAGE sheik, play light or me and see how bad that matchup is...but you lost. why? because you never did anything beyond rolling, lasering and using dtilt (lol what a horrible move). you always neglected critical spacing too: with sheik you will always want to be on the run, out of her range and trying to poke away...if you are dairing then dsmash to end so that she gets knocked away and you're not in ftilt range, but you're not dairing. learn your character, start THINKING actively and SPACING actively and PUNISHING actively. i used to be garbage at this game but now i'm getting much better because i'm doing these things against god kais and tyr. i used to lose to these people by 2 stock margins now it's by like 50% tops. until you start doing these things no one will respect the way you post because all you're doing is just complaining about doing ****ty in tournaments yet you're not making any active effort to improve it seems.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hmmmm i was shocked at some of the out comes....oreo has ****y luck....
no, there were pools first.

Oreo you need a new character. Fox is bad unless you really know what you're doing. Same with Pit. And wolf.

I want to main trainer. Why dont I? Because he's bad. I still side him though. My second best character. But I dont plan to win tournaments or place well with trainer because he's bad.

Top Bottom