• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
1 Well, can't be to sure, that and its a warning for others who do that might be over on other events.
2 rofl, not just me sleeping early

Anyway, got ideas for doubles partners?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i'll probably be teaming with tac, since lucario is the only character not worried about getting pikmin all over him xD. And calic's teaming with Xisin, because they apparently teamed really well at MWCC. uhm.... Cr4sh and Oreo are the only other two going with us. It's only $5 for doubles, so maybe cr4sh will enter for the fun of it. lol neva know

neji32

Smash Lord
2 things,
1) I picked up ddd and light picked up......diddy....
2) Light mentioned us having a chace to go to morehead. We might show up, just let me figure some things out

EDIT; Light and me are doubles partners (obviously lol)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well if you light AND hoboz all are able to go, we'll need a second car. Which means we'll have to make tactical drive lol. Dont think he'll be too happy about that :D but just let me know as soon as possible.

as for doubles, yeah i definitely want our group to get in on it. I'd start getting doubles tournaments going as side events at S2D but protein is obsessed with melee. Plus i main olimar so.... yeah.... finding the right partner will be difficult. but i do plan to work at it.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Protein really should stop his little I play Melee cause it better and Im only good at DI stuff.
I mean really, I think he's just has his standards to high, don't blame him though, Manual must have brain washed him <.<

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Hey Hoboz, your house still open? I'll try to get in on that if possible. Love meeting new people, and I haven't gotten to smash all week :urg:

If I do have to drive Satarday, what time do you plan on leaving? My car needs an oil change badly, I really don't want to test the engine like that.

Finally, lol @ Protein.
"Mr. Anderson" is still a much better nickname.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm still trying to convince them (Going to sometimes today) but if Hilt and Calic are allowed I'm sure you can spend the night here
And :D for snow day, more time to convince them.

Kajoq

Smash Rookie
So, you guys know its only 3 weeks still SF4 comes out and you guys can quit worryin about this game right?

; )

PS: Got to play SF4 and Tatsunoko VS Capcom this weekend and they're both insanely good.

OS I hope you pre-ordered one of the SF4 sticks!

Protein

Smash Apprentice
well if you light AND hoboz all are able to go, we'll need a second car. Which means we'll have to make tactical drive lol. Dont think he'll be too happy about that :D but just let me know as soon as possible.

as for doubles, yeah i definitely want our group to get in on it. I'd start getting doubles tournaments going as side events at S2D but protein is obsessed with melee. Plus i main olimar so.... yeah.... finding the right partner will be difficult. but i do plan to work at it.
I've been wanting doubles to happen for longer than I've wanted melee to happen. more people were gonna oblige me with melee than they were with doubles.

now that I finally, finally have support for this, I'll be more than happy to run doubles
(protip: tournament efficiency must be high. we had better use that last TV)

like usual I'll do any character/matchup until everyone finds what they need.

Hoboz said:
Protein really should stop his little I play Melee cause it better and Im only good at DI stuff.
I mean really, I think he's just has his standards to high, don't blame him though, Manual must have brain washed him <.<
it's not manual. manual sucks at everything. but if we're gonna talk about my real life, we should talk about my real life, in real life (in person)

I play melee cause it causes me to improve at a faster rate. I'll drill games in brawl if I need a matchup down (which I do), but brawl can't be practiced solo. in melee I can atleast practice my combos/tech skill.
oh, and sort of mindgames cause I have to mixup my DI when in hitstun, but that's not so much solo.

and I pretty much am only good at surviving to ridiculous high percents. If I were "decent", I would win.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
On that note, we need to get you to good then. Or at least decent. Come on, it can't be that hard. I was decent before I owned the game.

We just need to peg down why you don't win. have any recorded matches on youtube I can critique'?

Protein

Smash Apprentice
me? yeah. I've been wanting to go through them it's on my channel. everything that was recorded. win or loss. (I dont know why but people also tend not to record their wins against me. silly people)

your matches are on the crew channel in case you haven't checked.

but yeah, my goal was to get better in the first place.

I've usually put down "MOAR practice is required." (against humans in certain matchups. humans preferably better than me)

and I actually have more motivation* to be better now cause of someone else, you can check the other place for it.

*more like I have to.

neji32

Smash Lord

I heard oli goes good with pika :)

Protein

Smash Apprentice
NessFTW doesn't interact for some reason. he's there, but we never hear from him.

what the heck, I asked the ness group thing anyway.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Olimar is a great support character...

My advice to Hilt: Find someone that can stand their own 2v1 and support them. Lucario might not be a bad choice.

Pika's more of a support character, spec :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i think it's because he's a ness main
:D

i mean just look at Smash64! He mains Snake now because he couldnt place as well with ness

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I want to do some doubles with Pit or Lucas. Fox doesn't seem to fit in with a doubles scene.
Fox is great in doubles. Just run in and upsmash a lot, and laser a lot. In and out. Just play like you're at 100% the entire time.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well the way things are looking it's gonna be me, tactical, cr4sh, calic, and oreo going to morehead.
light and spec if you wanna go it should work out. hopefully this snow doesnt ruin anything >.>

clowsui

Smash Legend
bad thing
target's on your back
we're marth rivals now >=O
my marth skills have gone up like crazy imo. we'll see who wins next time

neji32

Smash Lord
is the morehead tourny still going to happen or did they lose power too? im in bowling green because of a huge snowstorm and all power is gone in hardin county so we went to get a hotel =/ anyone know of a tourny around here =p

Top Bottom