• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Equi

Smash Ace
I'd do both
Cool.

Well, I'm probably gonna get dropped at the Louisville mall tomorrow, Oxwhatever. =) And get a ride from there to the Lexington tournament tomorrow morning. Thanks for offering carpool guys.

And yeah play whoever you want. I pretty much stay Wolf the whole way unless someone decides to ledgecamp, to where I'm forced to fight fire with fire with MK.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
crash, tactical, calic, (possibly jkip) and I are meeting at oxmoor at 10:00 if you would like to show up. We'll only be there for about 2-3 hours, but you should come!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
December 20th is our day to travel, wherever it may be. We've already made plans to travel on that day, and it's difficult to go back on it now. If the championship is in January, we may do like wangston suggested and try to get together with cincy for a smashfest. If the championship's the 20th .........guess we're taking a five hour drive.

As for if we'd go if it was in january... i dunno. That's possible. Depends on who would be up to the trip.

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
hmm not sure we need to discuss seating arangements tomorrow hopefully for the 20th and who would be driving?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
who we're going to be riding with is dependant on what is being held on the 20th. If it's just cincy, it'll be wangston, cr4sh, and maybe paladin. That gives us plenty of empty seats, even if only wangston and cr4sh drive.

7 + 8 = lotsa room

However, if the championship is being held on that day, things will be a bit different. Since it's a five hour drive away, there will probably be a car group of those that want to go for the smashfest on friday and the housing for the night. (or...hotel, if it comes to that) That way we dont drive up there early saturday, play some smash and leave that night. Ten hours is definitely a long drive for one day. Wangston wont get here until late on the 19th (friday), so having all of us go up there on friday isnt really an option. He and whoever doesnt go on friday will probably come up on saturday.

Hopefully it doesnt come to that, since it's a little inconvenient given our circumstances. I'd much rather us all leave as a single group on the 20th.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Kentucky
I need to know whether you guys are coming to my house or not on the 19th.
If the 20th works better then I'll hold it then.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Cincy wasnt at the louisville tourny. Overswarm lost to tactical in winners bracket but then i left. Im sure he wrecked through the rest of the losers and probably won though.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Cincy wasnt at the louisville tourny. Overswarm lost to tactical in winners bracket but then i left. Im sure he wrecked through the rest of the losers and probably won though.
=X...

Anyways, GGs tonight people :). Twas a long tourney but I had fun.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Results and characters?
It went something like:

1st = Tactical (Lucario)
2nd = Equi (Wolf)
3rd = DraikRoan, "Rowan" (Peach)
4th = Overswarm (ROB/Snake)
5th = Eric?? (ROB)
6th = Light (Sheik/Falco)
7th = Cc-Spec (Falco/????)
8th = cr4sh (Luigi)

9th and beyond are unknown to me.

Around 33 people attended.

1st: $200
2nd: ?????
3rd: $25

I'm not too sure about 5th/6th place, but that's basically how it went down.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
It went something like:

1st/2nd = Tactical (Lucario)/Equi (Wolf) (*I dont know who won since I left right before they fought.)
3rd = DraikRoan "Rowan" (Peach)
4th = Overswarm (ROB/Snake)
5th = Light (Sheik/Falco)
6th = Cc-Spec (Falco/????)
7th and beyond are unknown to me.

I'm not too sure about 5th/6th place, but that's basically how it went down.
Tactical took the gold.
It came down to a grueling FINAL MATCH of the FINAL SET. It was bizarre; good stuff.
And congrats to you man, representing at both the Lexington tourney with a 2nd place finish (the tourney before last) and at this one. Great stuff. ^_^
I was a R.O.B. player there btw.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
spec was 7th, I was eighth. I think the guy from lexington who was playing rob took the 5th. His tag was -___-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, I choked and SD'd versus Tac.... and just ask Equi about our match. LOL.... He was dead, falling to his doom... then Roger the support ghost cames up and he downsmashed as it was rising and kills me. Was incredible. Was tough playing ROB in the tournament, but I did alright.

Rowan was by far the best person I saw there though, skillwise. He adapted very well and would have been the only person there I would have had even slight difficulty with had my character not been banned a few days before the tournament. I really hope you start traveling, Rowan. You might need a secondary to pull out for Peach's less than adequate matchups, but you've got the skill to do very, very well.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully with the videos I can improve myself >.> I'm normally not so good at one time play and improving, prefer vids to examine.
Come on guys I don't want to fall behind and be the Crew's worst D:

Was tough playing ROB in the tournament, but I did alright.
My ears/eyes deceive me. Surely you weren't that rusty?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hopefully with the videos I can improve myself >.> I'm normally not so good at one time play and improving, prefer vids to examine.
Come on guys I don't want to fall behind and be the Crew's worst D:

My ears/eyes deceive me. Surely you weren't that rusty?
My ROB is about as good as my Marth, Snake, Diddy, Falco, D3, etc....

I don't ever play him except at MK banned tournaments, and unless I'm playing incredibly well it's difficult to win with him. He's a very limited character despite his strengths. Rowan would have beaten me for sure if I had picked ROB, too. Peach is a great counter against ROB... and most especially me. I don't have much Peach practice, so it's a double whammy. My Snake almost did the trick, but he kept surviving my u-tilts and did a zillion damage with a stitch face right at the beginning!

To put it in perspective hoboz, I lost a single game yesterday with Metaknight.... and it was in the finals against Tactical, last stock, while I was talking to two of my friends behind me. =P

Was a fun tournament though. The lag on the TVs wasn't too bad, definitely wouldn't suggest holding giant events there though. Even if people can deal with it, they'll still complain hardcore about it.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
And congrats to you man, representing at both the Lexington tourney with a 2nd place finish (the tourney before last) and at this one. Great stuff. ^_^
I was a R.O.B. player there btw.
Rowan was by far the best person I saw there though, skillwise. He adapted very well and would have been the only person there I would have had even slight difficulty with had my character not been banned a few days before the tournament. I really hope you start traveling, Rowan. You might need a secondary to pull out for Peach's less than adequate matchups, but you've got the skill to do very, very well.
Thanks to the both of you. :p

I'm very limited when it comes to travelling, but If this new crew thing hilt and company made works out, I might be around here and there.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I see, though ROB should be a little above the others, ya know, being the Ex-ROB main.
Edit: Though I really shouldn't be saying that, seeing as how you ate my Kirby and his one hobo glove alive.
Oh and wut? o.0 I didn't know TVs lagged.

And about the same for me with what Rowan said, crew thing, hopefully most of us will be able to get around to other tourneys; Whether or not you like us : D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Thanks to the both of you. :p

I'm very limited when it comes to travelling, but If this new crew thing hilt and company made works out, I might be around here and there.
The trick is to get a car of 4-5 people and split gas monies. :)

Equi

Smash Ace
Awesome tournament. Was one stock away from winning LOL. So **** close, I had so many opportunities in the grand finals to pull it out and take home all the moneyz haha. But hey, tactical made a great comeback and he deserved it, he didn't give up and didn't quit, it felt like the matches just kept getting harder and harder after my first three victories in the finals.

Good matches OS. Yeah the support ghost did save me but I deserved going a gimpless set for once. :p That ghost just said no to my early percent death since I had the lead. Your MK ownz me though and I have very little answers with Wolf, so I'm gonna be using another character next time there's an MK-ban tournament against ya.

Awesome Peach Rowan, very tricky you made me step up my game quite a bit.

And to everyone else, it was fun. Friendly community up here and a lot of talented players. I'll see yallz next Sat.

- Equi out

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, everyone's been asking about their matches so i'll post how everyone did.

1. Tactical
2. Equi
3. Rowan
4. Overswarm
5. Hilt
6. Light
7. Spec
8. Cr4sh
9. David
10. Calic
10. Penguin
10. Cameron
10. Paladin
14. Steven
14. EzMac
14. Eric
14. Hoboz
18.Brad
18. Reaper
18. Joey
18. Joey
18. Tucker
18. Vy
24. Oreo
24. Tony
24. JKip
24. Pie
24. Jesse
24. Protein
30. Christian
30. Jeremy
30. Ace

Rowan, how did you possibly mix me and Eric up if I fought YOU near the end of the tournament lol.

oh and OS, you left before getting your prize monies. So Josh gave it to fifth place instead >.>
A WHOLE ELEVEN DOLLAZ

neji32

Smash Lord
i thought there were like 37, when i counted.

that wolf player was hard.............

umm i feel sorry for you hilt, you have ALOT of recording to do =/

Top Bottom