• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Eric, I'm pretty sure Smokey is MiB, maybe not his body but definitely his soul or whatever they decide to call it. We saw his body, that's about it. I very much doubt his unconscious body floating through the tunnel would break any seal keeping Smokey in, Mother talked about it being worse than death so I think it's fair to say that she was referring to having your soul trapped there or something along those lines. It would explain why Smokey's goal of leaving the island is the same as MiB's.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Talk about a love it or hate it episode.

The writers shouldn't have tried to deus ex machina their ***** like that whilst giving us more questions that they're clearly not going to answer.

They might have seen giving answers but no questions as boring, but every fan of the show has been expecting the last season to just be answers since the start.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I retract my statements on Smokey. I was hoping for a bit more, though.

Awesome episode last night.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Across the Sea is definitely the worst episode in season 6. The Candidate is probably my favorite episode in the entire show.

The one last night was tight as well and I'm mad I'm going to have to wait extra long to see the finale.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
By extra long you mean shorter than normal, right? The finale is this Sunday. Enhanced pilot is Saturday.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Lame!!!! Avoid Internet and everything. I have a feeling it'll generate a lot of talk.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Is Richard dead?
I really hope he's not dead because I really like him. He did get hit pretty hard by smokey and went flying so it's quite possible. I also wonder what "being like Jacob" means since now Jack is apparently just like Jacob now. I really enjoyed this episode too.

My lab teacher and I talk about Lost a lot since he watches it too. Apparently he doesn't own a TV and goes some place to watch it when it's on. Turns out yesterday when going to watch Lost, he met the actor who plays Hurley. I gotta say that is pretty awesome. Really lucky.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Pluvia: I doubt it, he would have gotten a more substantial death I would imagine.

So for most of the season the new ep has aired here something like 7 hours after the US but they're not showing the last one right 7 hours after the US (keeping it on its regular day) which means I'm going to have to avoid the internet for a few days. Sheeeeeit.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I doubt it if nothing else then because they made such a big deal over his inability to die.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I thought he was just unable to kill himself, but that other people were still able to kill him. Ageless, but not immortal. *shrug* Regardless, I don't think he's dead just yet. Although that was a pretty epic hit.

Go Miles! I hope he survives until the end. His survival instinct always pays off.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wait, so that was the second to last episode???

The finale is SUNDAY???

Omg I'm so... uhh, lost.

*cough*

Grandeza

Smash Master
I'm going to watch the 2 hour thing they show before the finale and then the finale so i guess thats 4 and a half hours of straight lost. I'll be sad when this is over.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I thought he was just unable to kill himself, but that other people were still able to kill him. Ageless, but not immortal. *shrug* Regardless, I don't think he's dead just yet. Although that was a pretty epic hit.

Go Miles! I hope he survives until the end. His survival instinct always pays off.
Technically, Miles has survived to the end. Did any of us really expect Ben or him to last this long? I sure as hell didn't.

Anyway I guess it is RIP Richard. Such a sudden and unexpected death he had.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I want Miles to survive to the end of The End. I didn't expect him to live this long either. Take that, Ilana, Sayid, Sun, Jin, Frank(?) and Richard(?)!

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My friend is betting it is going to end up being Atlantis.

I hate how I can't tell him he's wrong with any sort of confidence.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The last scene better be Jack just about to die, then suddenly waking up, then going to work at a factory and all the main characters are working there and he goes "OMG YOU GUYS YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS WEIRD DREAM I HAD ABOUT YOU!"

Best. Ending. Ever.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I just want to see Locke somehow break through and have inner conflict against the Man in Black. I feel so bad for Locke, still, having gone through so much... and then just... meh

excited to see Desmond's parts for sure

something tells me Sawyer is gonna die. he just seems like a character who... well, is going to die. and if so, hopefully done well.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I just want to see Locke somehow break through and have inner conflict against the Man in Black. I feel so bad for Locke, still, having gone through so much... and then just... meh

excited to see Desmond's parts for sure

something tells me Sawyer is gonna die. he just seems like a character who... well, is going to die. and if so, hopefully done well.
Seriously. If the Locke we know doesn't make a return in some form, or if it turns out Jacob is right about him not being a believer but a sucker (or was that MiB?) that will be the hugest disappointment ever.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Seriously. If the Locke we know doesn't make a return in some form, or if it turns out Jacob is right about him not being a believer but a sucker (or was that MiB?) that will be the hugest disappointment ever.
I disagree.

^ I would be incredibly heartbroken if my favorite show ended with the Atlantis ending or the dream ending. Both would be so awful.
It would still be better than having it end mid sen

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
What's the percentage of us that's going to come back here and ***** about the end? 60%?

Any omg this is it guys, the end of an era. The last ever episode of Lost.

This is crazy.

Also my theory still is that everyone's going to die (I've read books where most of the main characters are dead by the end, this sort of thing is only unusual for tv) and just before Jack dies/gets killed he's going to reset the alt-timeline into becoming the real one.

Cue a last scene or two of everyone in the alt-timeline remembering Lost and meeting each other and basically hugs and kisses all round. Juliet asks Sawyer if he'd like a coffee, Hurley and Libby get together, Jack and Kate decide to give it another go, etc etc.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Also my theory still is that everyone's going to die (I've read books where most of the main characters are dead by the end, this sort of thing is only unusual for tv) and just before Jack dies/gets killed he's going to reset the alt-timeline into becoming the real one.

Cue a last scene or two of everyone in the alt-timeline remembering Lost and meeting each other and basically hugs and kisses all round. Juliet asks Sawyer if he'd like a coffee, Hurley and Libby get together, Jack and Kate decide to give it another go, etc etc.
Hahahahaha. So from a show where death is constant, where no finale has given resolution, you are honestly expecting a happy ending? And not only happy, but a deus ex machina happy?

There's no indication that Jacob could manipulate time, so Jack can't. And it basically retcons the show by having people who died have a happy ending.

I really expect it to be similar to the others where we have the "LOST" on the screen with a semi-cliffhanger.

Also, the show isn't about Atlantis since Atlantis is in the Atlantic; Lost is in the Pacific.

Grandeza

Smash Master
You know I was expecting a happy ending but I never really thought about why. I guess it is more than likely it won't be such a happy ending. Well I guess we'll know by the end of the day.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Lost has deus ex'd it's way out of finales before. What's that Desmond you have a fail-safe key that you failed to mention last time? What's that? There's a frozen wheel below the Island that moves it through space and time?

And I never used specifics on how Jack would retcon it out of existence. He could use Desmond somehow, the schematics of it aren't really important.

And atleast this wont be a total deus ex seeing as though the alt-timeline characters, in 2004, seem to be remembering things from the original timeline that doesn't happen until 2007. A semi-cliffhanger would be a dreadful ending. Even it all being a dream would be a better ending to that, especially as this episode is called The End.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Lost has deus ex'd it's way out of finales before. What's that Desmond you have a fail-safe key that you failed to mention last time? What's that? There's a frozen wheel below the Island that moves it through space and time?

And I never used specifics on how Jack would retcon it out of existence. He could use Desmond somehow, the schematics of it aren't really important.

And atleast this wont be a total deus ex seeing as though the alt-timeline characters, in 2004, seem to be remembering things from the original timeline that doesn't happen until 2007. A semi-cliffhanger would be a dreadful ending. Even it all being a dream would be a better ending to that, especially as this episode is called The End.
Not understanding or knowing why something is how it is =/= coming from nowhere at the last second, as the case is with a deus ex machina. Desmond's abilities have already been explained: in the episode where he went back in time, he was able to manipulate that to do stuff in the present. We don't know WHAT his ability as a failsafe is, we just know he has that ability. The wheel has been explained as being something that the Man in Black planned to use to get to the light source.

The Fail-Safe, as far as we know so far, is only capable of destroying the island. That could reconcile the timelines that we have, but it may not. I'd find that to just be a cheap out.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Desmond's key was only introduced in that very same episode, and the wheel origin wasn't introduced until 2 seasons later. We also know that he can destroy the Island somehow, and that the Island is destroyed in the alt, and that characters seem to be remembering events that happen in 2007, even though they're in 2004. My explanation for that is that all the stuff they're remembering has already happened, it's just that Jack's already retconned it away.

Anyway I've got to go to bed, this is on at 5 in the morning over here so I'm waking up a half 4, but I need some sleep cause I've got work at 8.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Wait I have a question. We know that in the alt timeline the island is underwater. I assumed that was because of the bomb that they blew up that cause the timeline split. Was that an incorrect assumption?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
For the fans of good ol' bald John.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLAIGrvODxE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLAIGrvODxE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
These commercials are making me very secure in my decision that live TV ends with Lost for me.

Top Bottom