• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Personally I think Recon was probably the worst ep this season. I did enjoy the flash sideways though.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I didn't mind "Recon" too much. It wasn't great, but I still think "What Kate Does" is the worst of the season.

I'm still not sold on the whole flash sideways deal. I mean, it's kind of cool to be able to guess
that the date is gonna be with Charlotte when Miles says "she's a redhead"
but I don't know what they're trying to do with it. My main problem is where does this all fit in with the "main" storyline.

On a more positive note, it's a
Richard
episode next week! He's one of my favorite characters and I am really excited for next Tuesday.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Maybe they do something at the end of the season to change the past or something. Remember Jack had that cut on his neck on the plane? Maybe like everyone dies by the last episode and Jack and/or Jacob deus ex machinas the alt timeline into becoming the main one. That's my theory anyway.

Thanks for spoiler tagging btw. Recon isn't on over here till tommorow.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Well we know the flash sideways isn't what happened when the bomb went off so I could see it being the result of something they do at the end of the season or something. Darlton have said they will have some connection with what's going on so who knows? I wonder if it's like a timeline without Jacob or someone to protect the island or something?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ab Aeterno was one of my favorite episodes in Lost history. Really, really good stuff. Answers and good acting/story/stuff. Honestly, if the flash-sideways doesn't become HUGE, I'll be disappointed. A good way to answer all the big hanging questions would have been to make Season 6's entirety just be centric episodes to guys like Richard or MIB or Jacob, who have been around the block long enough to know that kind of stuff. The latest ep didn't have a TON of new information, but a lot of things just felt so much more fleshed out, and going back so far in time was really refreshing in comparison to the flash-sidewayses.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Agreed.

Actually I'm glad someone else commented first because I didn't want to be having a conversation with myself. So I've known about the cork metaphor for a while now (thank you internet) but it's nice to know what it was the cork too. Interesting that Jacob more of less describes the island as the gates to hell when you consider the fact that the Dharma Initiative referred to the smoke monster as 'Cerberus' as in the guardian of the gates of hell. Also back in season 3 Anthony Cooper said they were in hell.

So if Jacob is bringing people to prove they can be good on their own does that mean it's more or less a getting into heaven or hell sort of deal? I'm not convinced that they're referring to hell in the traditional fire and brimstone sense but if not what did Richard's wife mean when she said they'd all go to hell?

Can't wait for next week!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Oh and for those interested the final episode now has a name:
The End
Feel free to look since it doesn't spoil anything, in fact it's probably the most logical thing they could have gone with.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Oh and for those interested the final episode now has a name:
The End
Feel free to look since it doesn't spoil anything, in fact it's probably the most logical thing they could have gone with.
That's a perfect name I think. It would've been funny if it was Found though.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
This episode was pretty good. Richard's one of my favorite characters and it was awesome to finally learn his backstory. Was kind of jarring to see Jacob act kind of like an *******, but it worked.

Next week is a
Sun and Jin
episode.
I like those two as well and I'm assuming we'll finally get to see their reunion.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Pluvia: They've done an ep before called '... and found' so I don't think it would have really worked.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Silly Sun & Jin taking the name of the last episode.

I still think everyones going to die. Even Kate and Hurley in the last episode, but Jack will fix it whilst simultaniously sacrificing himself and voila, the alt timeline becomes the main one at the end. That would be a good ending I think.

And omg I just realised I missed Ab Aeterno tonight.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I enjoyed 'The Package' but it was by no means my favorite episode. FLocke chasing Sun was pretty funny.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Pluvia please tell me you meant you missed a rerun/airing and not that you hadn't seen it at all until now lol.

Also, I was expect this episode to be really fillery, but it actually revealed a decent amount of stuff. Super props for the Room 23 explanation out of nowhere. That was awesome and shows how easily they can tie up a bunch of hanging mysteries without detracting from the main plotline in the slightest.

Wanted the package to be Walt, grr. But I guess Desmond made sense. Dammit though I want Walt closure.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pluvia please tell me you meant you missed a rerun/airing and not that you hadn't seen it at all until now lol.

Also, I was expect this episode to be really fillery, but it actually revealed a decent amount of stuff. Super props for the Room 23 explanation out of nowhere. That was awesome and shows how easily they can tie up a bunch of hanging mysteries without detracting from the main plotline in the slightest.

Wanted the package to be Walt, grr. But I guess Desmond made sense. Dammit though I want Walt closure.
British, episode isn't on here until friday at 9. Also I think the writters meant The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham to be closer for Walt. Something like Locke could've brought him back but he decided not to.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
My bad, I'll keep that in mind next time :(

And they could have done much better for Walt closure than that. Even just using that same scene. However, given how Walt was made up to be this big deal with powers and stuff, it would be better if he were woven into the show's endgame. Especially since subliminal messaging was apparently experimented with to unlock psychic powers and stuff. Not that I believe that, but the military did lots of crazy stuff back in the day to beat them dagdurn Ruskies. Anyways, Walt doesn't even know the truth about his father... and that's a pretty big deal, since he must know about Ana-Lucia and Libby. His father dying to save as many people as possible is a pretty big redemptive dealio.

speaking of, really hope the confirmation from some interview about Libby and Michael returning somehow isn't outdated/untrue. They're some of the more prominent loose ends.

So, everyone. We know what they'll obviously tie up, but what loose ends ala Room 23 are you hoping they'll cover before time's up? Room 23 in the last ep revealed so much with so little, so I'm now convinced it can be done.

1) WAAAAAAALT

2) Libby

3) More stuff about the Numbers. Like an in-show reference to the Valenzetti Equation, and something to explain why people like Leonard have heard of it/them. Come on, guys. It's not that hard.

4) Some stuff about the ancient civilization that built the statue, temple, etc would be nice. This might fall under the "obvious" category, but it might not.

5) Alright so I get that Jacob is all sciencey and thinks that people make "progress" and stuff. But still, what's with the Others experiments? Is it really just to "make progress"? That seems so simple in scale when his other primary job is, like, keeping MIB on the island and stuff.

6) Speaking of MIB, "security system"? Sup widdat?

7) We used to ask why Dharma could call the smoke monster, but now it looks like the thing Ben used there was built by the ancients. So yeah, elaborate, writers.

8) Cabin. They might get to this one.

9) Not a mystery but it'd be pretty **** cool if Aaron actually got Charlie's ring, jeez.

10) That reminds me, what's the deal with all the pregnancy stuff? Why did it work back then, but not now? Also why did the Others want Aaron? Just to see how he grows and stuff as probably the first successful island birth in a while?

That's about all I think.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Well I was glad they brought Desmond back into the story but I'm kinda... I dunno.

I'm pretty concerned that there are so few remaining episodes. I want stuff to start happening. I'm ready.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Nice, got some fresh closure.

1) WAAAAAAALT

2) Libby (could use more but we'll probably get it)

3) More stuff about the Numbers. Like an in-show reference to the Valenzetti Equation, and something to explain why people like Leonard have heard of it/them. Come on, guys. It's not that hard.

4) Some stuff about the ancient civilization that built the statue, temple, etc would be nice. This might fall under the "obvious" category, but it might not.

5) Alright so I get that Jacob is all sciencey and thinks that people make "progress" and stuff. But still, what's with the Others experiments? Is it really just to "make progress"? That seems so simple in scale when his other primary job is, like, keeping MIB on the island and stuff.

6) Speaking of MIB, "security system"? Sup widdat?

7) We used to ask why Dharma could call the smoke monster, but now it looks like the thing Ben used there was built by the ancients. So yeah, elaborate, writers.

8) Cabin. They might get to this one.

9) Not a mystery but it'd be pretty **** cool if Aaron actually got Charlie's ring, jeez.

10) That reminds me, what's the deal with all the pregnancy stuff? Why did it work back then, but not now? Also why did the Others want Aaron? Just to see how he grows and stuff as probably the first successful island birth in a while?

11) Room 23

12) Whispers

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Chang is Richard in disguise. LOST

1. Yeah, I don't think we'll be seeing him again.

3. I think the Lost Experience or whatever it was called AR game would probably be the most you'll get on it. Pretty sure Lindelof has said they were never going to full explain them on the show. Besides, I can't really think of one big 'oh so that's what they meant' thing, I think they're more of a recurring theme than anything else.

4 and 7. I wouldn't classify this as a spoiler but just be warned: one of the final eps will be set before Ab Aeterno and deal with a lot of this sort of stuff.

5. Oook..?

6. They called it that because they thought it was guarding the temple. I suppose that wasn't exactly true though.

8. I'm not sure what exactly you want answered about the cabin, it's where Jacob lived or at least where they thought he lived. It had the ashes around it to keep Smokey out, I think that's about it. I'm more curious about the ashes personally.

9. I forgot about that... I think the writers did too :p

10. Agreed but I don't think there will be any explanation.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Evil Eye:

3) On Lindelofs twitter it says on his bio he doesn't knowwhat the numbers are, so "they're cursed" might be the extent of that, even though they might not even be cursed.

4) Wikipedia says we wont get an answer to this

6) the only people that said he was a security system was a crazy lady, and a guy who said he wasn't going to hurt her just before trying to murder her, and she was pregnant. So basically, ignore that security system stuff.

8) What about the cabin?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
So this week's episode was fantastic. Makes the top three of this season so far with ease.

HOLY HELL. Did NOT expect Ilana to explode. And now we know the whispers are dead people who are stuck on the Island.

richardb

Smash Rookie
Is Lost still going in the US? We are in the last season over here. I don't want to know the end just want to know if its worth it after the long slog. Sometimes its great but at times I've wanted to kick the sh*t out of the tv. Hope the pay off is worth it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Is Lost still going in the US? We are in the last season over here. I don't want to know the end just want to know if its worth it after the long slog. Sometimes its great but at times I've wanted to kick the sh*t out of the tv. Hope the pay off is worth it.
Yes, assuming you're from the UK, they're 2 days ahead of us.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
So what'd you guys think of this week's episode?

I thought it was alright, I like that the sideways characters are starting to meet, but I am still kind of confused as to what their world means exactly. I feel like this episode was mainly a "set up" episode, so I'm not going to judge it too harshly. I am really excited for next week and kind of sad that there's only four episodes left.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I liked it because it seems like it was the episode that will be the transition into the conclusion. Next's week lack of an episode (somewhat) supports this idea, because when LOST starts back up it will be the final run of new episodes. I'm hoping that the diversions the plot is making (to cover some answers we've had for years) end soon, so we can get to the end and it feels like the story isn't being slowed down anymore. There was a scene from a week ago that especially stood out from the rest of the episode, where Michael returns to explain what the whispers are. Although it was nice to see Michael and answer that and what's his status, iirc it went: Hurley mourning over Libby -> Ilana making some remark -> Michael + Whispers -> Ilana dead. I hate that it feels stuffed into the episode :(

Unfortunately, I also can't tell where the sideways timeline is going, but because everyone seems to be meeting up at the hospital, it must be getting close to something important. Something to note: the recurring theme of reflections still looks relevant (Alt-Jack seeing Alt-Locke in the mirror before operating), but I don't get the point unless it's crucial to tying the Alt universe to the main storyline.

4 episodes left + the 2 hour finale... both :) and :(

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I really liked this week's episode. The scene with Flocke and Jack was so perfect, and Jack's following indecisiveness really hit home for me. Also, the scene on the boat between Jack and Sawyer was perfect. And Claire re-joining the good folks. And Sayid and Desmond's conversation! AND THE SIDEWAYS. AND THE CRYPTIC MESSAGE AT THE END FROM FLOCKE. "Don't worry Jack. You're with me now."

Call this a set-up episode all you want, but a LOT of important stuff happened this week. Top-notch in my opinion. I can always tell when a Lost episode is good: I see the LOST thing pop up at the end and think "Already!?"

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I thought that episode was fantastic.

And Oranos what do you mean recurring themes of mirrors? I think you're just seeing a pattern that isn't there. And you want them to stop giving us answers?? And last weeks episode didn't feel stuffed at all.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I mean, in most episodes where they've shown a flash sideways, the main character has at least taken a moment and paused while either looking in a mirror or another reflective surface. Notable ones I can think of:
  • alt-Jack checking himself in the plane's mirror back in the season premiere
  • alt-Kate looking at herself in the mirror when she was in the restroom after getting her cuffs removed
  • alt-Jack looking at alt-Locke in the mirror when he goes to operate on him
  • alt-Sawyer looking at himself in a mirror before punching it at the police station
  • I think alt-Sun was looking at her hotel mirror at some point
I had to have missed an example for either alt-Sayid, alt-Hurley, alt-Locke (bathroom scene with Helen?), or alt-Jin, too. I guess you could also tie in the revelation alt-Desmond had while in his car with alt-Charlie, but that was in water and I don't remember if he checked his car mirrors. :(

Anyway, I've noticed it enough this season that it can't be a total coincidence. It did lead to a cool, albeit temporary theory.. before I remembered that alt-Jack & alt-Locke met up, looking to claim their baggage, I was wondering if alt-Jack was recognizing alt-Locke from their time on the island. Now that I did, it doesn't quite fit, but it made me remember when alt-Jack had checked the mirror on the plane, and alt-Jack mysteriously found a cut on his neck that he didn't know about (which was certainly important). There was also that scene where alt-Sun recognizes alt-Locke when they're brought into the hospital, so maybe there's something that ties that in?

As far as the answers go, I guess "stuffed" wasn't quite the word, but I've felt that they haven't come in as smoothly as I would expect. I like getting the explanations, but I don't want to have an answer just because the writers feel like it needs to be mentioned by the end of the show. I only mentioned it because that scene with Michael stood out beyond perhaps any other moment in the season so far... idk it just felt out of place to me lol

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I've noticed the mirrors too, Oranos. I'm with ya!

And yeah, the whispers explanation was a definite fan-pandering moment. People begged and begged for an answer, so they just gave it to us... in a very sloppy way. Hope they don't do that any more...

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It wasn't sloppy at all, doesn't anyone realise this is the last season? AKA The season with all the answers. The hardcore Lost fans have known it's the dead since Shannon died in season 2 but the normal viewers wont have known that. What's a better way to reveal it than from, you know, a ghost.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yeah, and considering Hurley talks to ghosts and they offer him guidance often, and that he and Michael were overdue for a reunion of sorts... I'm not really seeing what there is to complain about. It seemed plenty smooth to me, they strongly imply that the Whispers are the dead, then the character that has been talking to the dead for three seasons talks to a prominent dead character who owed him closure, and he asks about the whispers because anybody in that situation would.

I thought it was silky smooth. Hell, it was smoother than Room 23, which didn't have any problems either, as I see it. They needed a location for Jin to wake up in on Hydra Island and they chose the one with an outstanding mystery. It worked just fine, and yet unlike the whispers didn't actually relate to the plot and progression of the episode it was featured in.

Really not understanding these complaints. I hope there are many more of these moments to come.

Also I finally remember what I wanted to know about the cabin. It was how it keeps moving around, and why it's so hard to find, and why Hurley was needed to find it/special enough to do so. And knowing the background on it (when Jacob left, why, how Be nfound it etc) would be nice. Really there's a lot outstanding about the cabin, including the white ash.

Top Bottom