• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Well, it looks like Kate has a number after all.

If you looked at the compass or whatever that thing with the mirrors was, it clearly showed #51 - Austen. Her name wasn't scratched out, either.

Also, for those curious, #108 was "Wallace" and it was scratched out.

I REALLY liked this episode. I felt it answered some questions (I think we can infer that Christian Sheppard has been the Smoke Monster all along with this episode's reveal), and it gave us a good look into Jack's character, something we've been really missing since Season 4. I don't think I'd place it above "The Substitute," but it proved to me that we can have an episode that really didn't feature Fake Locke and still be really enjoyable. Two thumbs up from me.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Any thoughts on what it means to be claimed?
My guess is that it has to do with a total loss of the discernment of good and evil (at least, when it concerns whom to trust). Is that obvious? Or do you think I'm way off?

Claire is claimed. Sawyer, possibly, is claimed. They both have had contact with Flocke / Monster.
Has Sayid been around Flocke? My memory fails me =P

On a semi-related note, what if not-Locke is lying? There's always the chance that he made up the whole "candidate" thing to get Sawyer on his side. There are too many opposing viewpoints, I don't know who to trust.
I thought that was possible until I saw tonight's episode where Jacob mentioned to Hurley the candidacy.

Eh... x.x

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm still baffled as to how no one ever saw the lighthouse before. I mean, I know the survivors never went out exploring the island, but it's kind of tall and you would think it was visible from somewhere, at least. Also, those mirrors were pretty freaky. But now they don't have to explain them thanks to Jack. Jacob's a cool dude.

So far the season's episode centrics have been following Season One's order. Is Sun getting the next episode? Will she finally do something?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
The next episode has been revealed to be
Sayid
centric.

Who else here thinks that this is as close as the show's getting to 'explaining' the numbers? I think the information in the last two episodes is all the explanation we really need for them.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Anyone make the Swan unloads every 108 minutes to Jacob telling Hurley to turn to 108 degrees connection?

There's got to be something significant there, possibly one final revelation about the Numbers. The Swan's unload code was the Numbers, and it was done every 108 minutes. The Numbers were present on the allignment protractor as the names of remaining Candidates, and Jacob says 108 degrees. I wish to hell we could see what would've been in the mirror...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yeah, there's never going to be some big definitive conclusion about the numbers. Really, I don't know how it could even be possible. Like would Jacob go 'and here's what the numbers are really about' followed by major info dump. I think it's best to just put them down to being a recurring element.

And yes, the next ep is
Sayid
centric. For anyone that wants to know, the rest of the centricities they are (kind of spoilers so be warned):
Sayid, Ben, Sawyer, Richard, Sun/Jin, Desmond, Hurley. 13 is presumed Ilyana, 14 is unknown but probably Claire or Frank and 15 is almost definately Smocke from the casting call. After that comes the 3 part finale which is probably multi-centric.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The series should end with EVERYONE dying, and then show every character in the alt timeline enjoying their lives.

Sad music.

LOST

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The series should end with EVERYONE dying, and then show every character in the alt timeline enjoying their lives.

Sad music.

LOST
Somehow, the alt. timeline and the real timeline have to get tied together by the end. I'd probably bawl at that hypothetical ending, though. Except Vincent has to live; the producers said he would.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
This will sound a bit out there, and I don't really believe it much myself, but what if the Jacob that Hurley has been seeing is actually the Monster, just trying to manipulate Hurley? I know Ilana said that he was "stuck" in Locke's form, but I wouldn't completely rule it out just based on that.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I would. Smokey personally imitates people, right? And to top that off, whenever the Monster appears, any Imitations have long since disappeared. I think this is a clear sign that Jacob and even Christian are whom they say they are.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
You think Christian isn't the Monster?

If Claire has been "claimed" or is sick or whatever(going with what the Temple-folk are saying), doesn't it follow that her exposure to Smokey-as-Christian is part of what caused that? Why would he lie to her about the Temple-folk having Aaron if he wasn't the Monster?

god**** is it tuesday yet

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Did Christian tell her that? I thought it was Smocke that did so. I did forget that Christian catalyzed her disappearance, though.

The main reason I think Christian is legit is that he appeared at the same time as Smocke was doing stuff, and Smokey is trapped in Locke's form. Granted, that might have been as a result of/after killing Jacob, which would invalidate this point. But I think we might have even seen them at the same time (maybe not the same room, but same time), and nothing suggests that he can impersonate multiple people at once and etc etc.

However it would still mean Fakob is anything but, I think.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Somehow, the alt. timeline and the real timeline have to get tied together by the end. I'd probably bawl at that hypothetical ending, though. Except Vincent has to live; the producers said he would.
Didn't they just say he'd survive to the end? I always assumed that meant he'd survive until the last episode, not that he wouldn't die.

Wrex

Smash Cadet
Did Christian tell her that? I thought it was Smocke that did so. I did forget that Christian catalyzed her disappearance, though.

The main reason I think Christian is legit is that he appeared at the same time as Smocke was doing stuff, and Smokey is trapped in Locke's form. Granted, that might have been as a result of/after killing Jacob, which would invalidate this point. But I think we might have even seen them at the same time (maybe not the same room, but same time), and nothing suggests that he can impersonate multiple people at once and etc etc.

but we saw smokey as alex since hes been as locke. christian showed up to sun and them before locked showed up. id say either illiana is wrong or its killing jacob that made him trapped in a single form

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Christian may be infected, if it brought Sayid back to life then why not? It might explain how Claire contracted it too.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer

In this last episode, Claire says she knows that the Temple-Others have her baby because both her dad and her friend said so.

I hope next week (even if it is
Sayid centric
) shows us more about what's going on with Ben. I don't really get why he would know how to summon the smoke monster but then be so freaked out about Fake Locke. Unless he didn't truly understand what he was summoning and just knew how to do it.

Also I don't really like insane Claire. I guess it's the point, but she doesn't seem right. I liked her before she disappeared, but I'm not really digging this new version of her.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Did any of you play the Lost Experience awhile back?

Hanso Foundation? Gary Troupe? It actually had a pretty big revelation with the numbers I don't think was revealed on the show.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Did any of you play the Lost Experience awhile back?

Hanso Foundation? Gary Troupe? It actually had a pretty big revelation with the numbers I don't think was revealed on the show.
The Lost Experience, along with the many other Lost ARGs aren't canonical to the actual series. Anything 'revealed' in them has no real bearings unless stated in the show.

Not-Eor

Banned via Warnings
The Lost Experience, along with the many other Lost ARGs aren't canonical to the actual series. Anything 'revealed' in them has no real bearings unless stated in the show.
Actually the information revealed is cannon, just not how it was told. And they said that the only real cannon is the show itself, so if there's ever an inconsitency between the ARG and the show then the show is the correct one. They said they wanted to do the ARG's to tell information they thought people might be interested in but isn't related in any ways to the characters

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Carlton Cuse said:
I think that for us, yeah, I mean, all of Alvar Hanso and his relationship with funding the DHARMA Initiative is part of the mythology. The details of the Hanso Foundation’s demise…it’s tangential to the show but it’s not unrelated to the show. We sort of felt like the Internet Experience was a way for us to get out mythologies that we would never get to in the show. I mean, because this is mythology that doesn’t have an effect on the character’s lives or existence on the island. We created it for purposes of understanding the world of the show but it was something that was always going to be sort of below the water, sort of the iceberg metaphor, and the Internet Experience sort of gave us a chance to reveal it.
Damon Lindelof said:
I would say in terms of all the… background that we did, in terms of the Valenzetti equation and explaining the formation of the Hanso Foundation and doing the other films…we’d consider that stuff canon to the show. Where there’d have to be wiggle room is the Rachel Blake story where she’s in the real world, in the outside world as we define it, the show Lost might be defined in an entirely different outside world so we can’t vouch for the overall fit ability and veracity of everything that Rachel was doing. But we can say that all the factoids that she was uncovering were vetted, in fact many of them were written by us personally so they are canon.
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/lost/buddytv-interviews-losts-damon-4766.aspx

Ahem.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Exactly, we're clearly not seeing what happened when the bomb went off.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well it went off when he was on the island in 1977, so basically he'd have to survive a nuke and the island sinking and find a way off it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well, Hurley is more dedicated to his business, Shannon stayed in Australia, Jack has a son, Ethan is both still alive and a practicing physician, John doesn't hate his father or something...

Obviously this alt-timeline has more changes than just "815 didn't crash". Its very creation drastically changed a lot of things, so I fail to see why Ben absolutely had to be on the Island.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Because the alt-timeline started when the nuke went off in 77. Ethan was a baby and left the island in the sub when they evacuated the women and children. All those changes would have come about due to the butterfly effect, but Ben was still on the island in 77 when the nuke went off.

Edit: Just got in there ahead of me Osco

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone else notice that thing crawl off Lockes head when Frank says "he's getting a bit ripe" and covers him up with the sheet in 'The Substitute'?

Blergh, gross. I'd have had to reshoot that if I was Locke, I would've freaked.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I still maintain that the flash-sideways aren't what happened when the bomb went off but rather something else altogether.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I still maintain that the flash-sideways aren't what happened when the bomb went off but rather something else altogether.
CLICK THIS.

Some of the smarter Lost fans pointed out that if the plane never crashed then they'll never be sent back in time so they'll never be able to blow up the bomb and change the future (or the past or something). I searched Google and found that interview with the writters talking about the sunken island.

So, thankfully, it looks like that Ben thing isn't a plot hole. And next weeks episode is called Dr. Linus so hopefully we'll get a bit more information.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I think she might know he's lying, she knows Jacob so she probably knows that Flocke can't kill him.

She's going to kill Ben.
You see that? I'm basically psychic.

My next guess is that it's going to pull a Harry Potter 7 and start killing people like crazy. Only Hurley's going to be alive at the end, Sawyer's going to turn good and do some self sacrificing thing and Ben's going to do the same or try and do some nasty plan that's going to backfire and kill him, and he's going to get mocked by the character that kills him.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Or maybe a Star Wars Episode 3 where Anakin ***** the Jedis.

Seriously, the Sayid thing reminds me of Darth Vader, and Flocke is Senator Palpatine.

Top Bottom