• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
My thinking is that the nuke kills her, but the electromag pocket negates the rest of the explosion, so as to save the rest.

I wish Sawyer would have killed that one guy (Phil I think? the guy who hit Juliet) instead of him getting stabbed by that rebar.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, Juliet was a ways down too. Combine the distance + EME, and I really can't see the blast hitting the survivors.

Also:
Richard Alpert responded to the question of "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" with "Ille qui nos omnes servabit" - The translation is "He who will protect/save us all."

One point of discussion - what form of "lies" do they mean? Physically resting or not telling the truth?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Argh. I wish Juliet wouldn't die; she's one of the few cool characters left.

What lies in the shadow of the statue? There were three people in the shadow of the statue when she asked the question, maybe one of them is lying! Of course, Jacob is lying in the fire too now.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
What Richard said was Latin, which (apparently) translates to "He who will protect/save us all"

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Also, you know how Jacob was touching everyone he met in all the flashbacks? That must be significant somehow. After he was stabbed, he fell onto him and touched him. I wonder what that might mean for Ben?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So guys, your thoughts on Bram and Ilana? How did Jacob know Ilana? He asked for her help-- what kind of help was he asking for? How is Bram "one of the good guys"? How do they know to ask "What lies in the shadow of the statue"?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think Bram and Ilana are working for Jacob, but the way Ilana got onto Ajira 316 seemed more coincidental than accidental. I don't know, I think there's more of a story there that's unexplored.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Btw, did anyone get the feeling that Jacob actually brought Locke back to life after Locke fell out the window? I'm not sure if this is obvious or not, but that's what I understood. It kind of gives me the chills how all this stuff happens without our knowing til seasons later.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think that's what you're suppose to think/see. It looks a lot like Locke was dead, plus people constantly said "it's a miracle that you survived"

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
From Spoilerfix:
[Elizabeth Mitchell] will not be returning to Lost as a series regular. [...] Multiple sources confirm that the actress is expected to appear in an unspecified number of episodes next season, so it's entirely possible Juliet survived Jughead and her absence will be explained in another way.
:(

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, I stopped watching Lost after the first one-or-two episodes of this season, but I came in for the final four episodes online.

HOLY S***

Juliet's death was horrific in the good sense. It hit me hard, and her justification at the end of the episode had me shattered. Keep in mind I've missed an entire season, and most of my emotional attachment was built and crushed in that single episode. Simply amazing. I love this show.

Her flashback to her parents divorce, and then her echoing their words to Sawyer later was absolutely perfect. It's such a d*** beautiful tragedy.

Now Locke II, I just can't accept. Every single time something weird like this happens my mind says "it's the monster."

So yea, it's the monster probably. :p

The next season next year is the final season of Lost correct?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Almost 3 weeks. This season's going to be a mind-**** and enraging. I can see it happening.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Something tells me its not going to answer everything.

Also, i'm not sure if i'd prefer a happy ending or a what happens next ending. If that makes sense.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, Lost starts at 8PM, eastern, with the rewind of Lost, which is always a good recap. After that is the two-hour premiere, which is going to be epic. Also, that leaves 16 hours after tonight. ****'s almost over, son.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Lost doesn't start here till friday! You wont believe how hard it is to avoid spoilers

Also i just saw the Last Supper style promo pic, it looks really cool

D

Deleted member

Pluvia—www.ninjavideo.net is your friend. :) It will be uploaded there in DivX tonight, probably half hour after Lost has finished broadcasting here. Enjoy :)

I'm so pumped for this. Even changed my Facebook profile pic to Jacob. (My name is Jake, heh)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pluvia—www.ninjavideo.net is your friend. :) It will be uploaded there in DivX tonight, probably half hour after Lost has finished broadcasting here. Enjoy :)

I'm so pumped for this. Even changed my Facebook profile pic to Jacob. (My name is Jake, heh)
I'm super tempted to watch it tonight. Unfortunately we're 5 hours ahead of you so it'll be half 2 by the time its up, but i dont have work till 4 tomoro so i might risk it and stay up.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ok, i'm staying up.

Also i just finished watching the S5 finale and i'm the only one who felt bad for Ben when he was talking to Jacob? It kinda felt like Jacob got what he deserved.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
First commercial break.

I have no idea what's going on.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Eww...

I think I might have come in just now - in the second hour...

Ugggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wow... that premiere was pretty interesting. I can literally make no assumptions as to what will happen from here.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I was kinda spoiled by the promo that ABC aired two days ago. I probably shouldn't have watched it (but they shouldn't have shown so much crucial stuff in it!).

Liked:
- Seeing Juliet again
- Seeing Desmond on the plane
- Flocke. What a bad***!
- Smoke Monster!
- Bram death (three episodes, whee)
- Seeing Jacob, even if he's dead
- Seeing the Temple!
- Seeing the Others in the Temple! (Cindy and kids included)
- The montage at the end of Part 1 (it paralleled the first season finale; the passengers getting on/getting off the plane)

Didn't Like So Much:
- Seeing Juliet die (for real this time)
- The ABC promo (bleh)
- Lack of Ilana (I'm sorry, who is she again?)
- Leaving us hanging on the alternate reality?
- Sayid taking so long to come back to life (suspicious...)
- Leaving us hanging in general

I feel like not too much happened...but at the same time, a lot was revealed. Flocke is the Smoke monster, who would've thought? It was nice to see some old faces, and nice to see Miles finally getting put to use. The new Others are intriguing (we need some names here). Who knew John Lennon was on the Island? Speaking of which, why was it underwater?!

w00t LOST

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, to be fair, he's not Locke; he's Jacob's Nemesis, which along with the name "the Dark Entity," is pretty bad ***.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I thought that was probably one of the best Lost episodes I've seen

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling Jacob's nemesis is named Solomon. Call me crazy, but I was looking through a book earlier and I saw a character named "Jacob ben Solomon"

ok i'll stop theorizing :(

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Thoughts on the premiere:

Confusing as ****
Alternate realities: Which is the "real" one? or do we have to accept both? I'm not sure if I can do that (though Juliet's message of "It worked" seems to show some sort of connection between the two so maybe it will be reconciled)
Great to see Charlie back, but I'm sad to see that Dominic Monaghan was only listed as a "guest star" not one of the main cast. Same with Boone
Did not like having to watch Juliet die again, she was one of my favorite characters
Good to see Claire, at least in the plane-lands-safely scenario, but I hope we find out what happened to her on the island
When Hurley and co took Sayid to the Temple and things started going wrong, I thought for a second that maybe Jacob's nemesis had possessed Jacob's body to talk to Hurley, like he had done with Locke (and I'm assuming with Christian and Alex), but then Sayid came back to life
I hated seeing Jin as an ******* again
Some parts seemed unnecessary and over-the-top, like the dude who says he doesn't speak English because he doesn't like the language and pretty much everything else going on at that temple. I get it, it's a mystical place, enough already with the giant ankhs and the hourglasses.

I didn't enjoy the episode as much as I thought I would, but maybe it's because I expected to start understanding things and ended up more confused than ever. The teaser for next week seemed to imply that we'd be getting answers soon, but I don't know if I can trust them. Regardless, I still am pumped for next Tuesday.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I also don't really like the Japanese guy (I assume that's Japanese?), but mainly because I just don't like that archtype.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Wait, I thought we already knew Flocke was the smoke monster, I mean 'Dead is dead' couldn't have implied it much more.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I guess Flocke/Smoke Monster is the one that put the idea of being "judged" into Ben's head. I bet Ben now realizes that he has more history with Flocke than he thought.

Top Bottom