• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow @ "character diversity" being used a legit reason to ban MK when MK isn't the reason a lot of characters are worthless.

4. UltimateRazer (snake) (<---hawt)
Snake ***** MK. He should have been placing high anyways. I went Snake against Mew2King today and took him to last stock both games and I was destroying him at various points in the match.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Inui, MK took top 3 at the last HOBO and over 50% of the players in brackets used him.

You should suffocate yourself with a bag

Mad props to Fliphop for winning with Diddy. I've never even seen you place top 3 before :p

D

Deleted member

Inui, MK took top 3 at the last HOBO and over 50% of the players in brackets used him.

You should suffocate yourself with a bag

Mad props to Fliphop for winning with Diddy. I've never even seen you place top 3 before :p
grats on being hosting the only tournament where that happened ever. You make it sound like the statistical outlier when MK doesn't win all of the top spots when it's definitely the other way around.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's not my fault that you don't have any top Snakes and that your Diddy player doesn't know how to beat MKs like NinjaLink and AlphaZealot can.

grats on being hosting the only tournament where that happened ever. You make it sound like the statistical outlier when MK doesn't win all of the top spots when it's definitely the other way around.
MK taking top spots in NY and MD/VA = rare. It's the outlier in those areas for sure. In NJ we have Mew2King and teh_spamerer, so forgive us for letting Meta Knight win a bit more often.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Actually, in TX, MK takes at least top 2 out of 3 in most tournaments. He usually takes top 3 in teams, but sometimes 2 as well.

It's not my fault that you don't have any top Snakes and that your Diddy player doesn't know how to beat MKs like NinjaLink and AlphaZealot can.
Haha. Tell me, how often do NL and AZ win tournaments? Oh rite. Also, it's not my fault that your region is full of crap MK players (except M2K). No one picks him up there because they don't want to feel so lame and douchey. There are obvious exceptions, however (you).

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
wow, even though i did terrible, i had so much fun playing/watching this tourney....

maybe its because a certain character was banned.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Also, it's not my fault that your region is full of crap MK players (except M2K).
You're stupid. Mew2King, teh_spamerer, and Forte are all probably better than every other Meta Knight in the nation, including Texas's. You're sooooooooooooo igorant about my region. I have no idea why you ever say anything about it. You proved over and over that you know absolutely nothing.

"Bum is inconsistent." No, he gets 1st at everything besides one tournament where he got 3rd after losing to me and teh_spamerer(better than everyone in Texas easily).

"Atlantic North has crappy MKs besides Mew2King." No, teh_spamerer and Forte are extremely high level players most likely better than any other MKs anywhere else. Shadow, Omni, Plank, and I are also proven top players in the strongest region. Being a top player in Atlantic North is worth a lot considering how much tougher our competition is.

I could go on when it comes to stupid stuff you say about Atlantic North. I can't wait to come to Anime Matsuri and win a big Texas tournament. It'll be awesome. Keep MK allowed so I can **** every MK in Texas with Snake.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I never said this was to ban mk. I just liked the character diversity. And im currently the top snake in Houston maybe TX but in the last 3 tourneys i havnt played any mks. Ive only lost to the best like stiltz roy and dmg.
You should love fighting MK. Snake has an extremely obvious advantage. I personally think MK is a joke character when I'm playing Snake. Before playing Mew2King today, I played another Meta Knight and destroyed him so easily with Snake.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The thing to do against that is to pull out a grenade after the last d-air. You have to read your opponent and react properly. It's not hard once you get used to it. You can also u-tilt through the d-air, but most Snake players don't think to use u-tilt until it's time to go for a kill. In some situations you should just let it diminish in order to get hits in and stop camping.

If I didn't mess up and get gimped in game one against Mew2King today, I think I would have won. I need to get better at being safe and preventing the gimps.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MK isn't even the most campy character. Olimar is far harder to approach and much more boring to fight, imo. I think Snake is more dangerous to approach. DK and Dedede don't let most of the cast safely attack ever.

MK has to camp like that against Snake because he can't attack Snake. Snake has the advantage due to this. MK can't safely approach most of the time, while Snake can take more risks(on the stage, at least) and is better at approaching in the match-up.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't think tornado is that good of a move. I notice every MK over here, including M2K, gets punished for using it. I blew him up when he used it. Snake's n-air beats it from the top a lot and he can b-air it from the top. U-tilt from the side and bottom works. Olimar can easily DI out and n-air it and he can grab it. Tornado is so overrated.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Hey guys im noraa (the other east coast lucas besides okin)

And from my regions experience (ATLANTIC NORTH WOOT lol)

Our mk players are probly the best, we have forte,omni,m2k,teh_spammer,plank

the first 3 i named alone are amazing, the thing is you have to learn the match up.

our top 10's are so freakin varied when it comes to chars that it ends up being the best player winning...not the best main. (if that made anysense)

If you want mk to disapear, then get rid of him ya **** self by winning.
No johns right?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Noraa, you didn't even mention me or Shadow lol. I guess Shadow doesn't travel enough and I only recently became h4x, so it's excusable. :p

Inui

Banned via Warnings
When did you switch to mk?
Uh... Not that long ago. I recently won a big tournament in Ohio where Forward got 2nd and AlphaZealot got 3rd, and before that I beat Bum, NinjaLink, and Atomsk and got 2nd at NJ's biggest tournament yet and 1st in teams after beating Wes and Dire and NinjaLink and Bum twice. I've been getting top 2 very consistently in NJ. I got 2nd only to Mew2King today, for instance.

Noraa

Smash Lord
yeah iv been seeing you place well, why dont you come to md/va events that much.
i hope your comming to the CH 4.5 =]

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I agree that tornado isn't that good of a move. It's vastly overrated, and is only really good against some chracters that can't do anything about it. Other than that, it's just amazing at stopping reckless approaches, but that's something that players shouldn't being doing anyway.

Yes, it's an extremely good move, but I dare you to try and press B to win against good players.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Congrats fliphopper, still it feels weird that a diddy player won a tourney without metaknights, I wonder if the results would have been the same just out of curiosity.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
yeah iv been seeing you place well, why dont you come to md/va events that much.
i hope your comming to the CH 4.5 =]
I'll be at Chu's on the 29th and I'm teaming with Atomsk as usual.

Yes, it's an extremely good move, but I dare you to try and press B to win against good players.
It works on really fat characters, but most top players will work around it anyways.

Atomsk sucks against tornado because every MK he ever played didn't abuse it as much as me. Basic Sausage, however, ***** me when I use the tornado so I have to do other stuff to win. Bum only sucked against tornado when he played teh_spamerer and I, but now he DIs out of it better and punishes it more consistently. I find tornado to be really overrated. It's almost useless against so many top tier characters like Olimar and Diddy.

I am sigging this
Go for it. Tornado is overrated. So is shuttle loop.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Inui quick question:
How can Falco punish tornado? Pretty sure DAir and BAir don't come out fast enough and if you're in the tornado laser + reflector are mad punishable :(

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui quick question:
How can Falco punish tornado? Pretty sure DAir and BAir don't come out fast enough and if you're in the tornado laser + reflector are mad punishable :(
Falco beats tornado with lasers and camping.

He's extremely light, so he can DI out of it very early and take a very low amount of damage. He doesn't need to actually hit him out of it or punish it to make the move that good. Oh, I've seen dmbrandon lose tournament matches to Keitaro's Falco because of Falco's f-smash plowing through the tornado.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Canada is a pretty good place to look for the whole argument about MK,

the best players win as either their mains or MK, either way its the same people winning they just use a different means to get to the top.

Canadas best are

Ally (Snake)
KingAce (MK)
J.L. (Wario but uses MK in a pinch)
Percon (Kirby, uses Snake in a pinch I believe)
Ambrose (Ice Climbers, Can literally use anyone but will stick to MK in tough matches)

In doubles J.L. and Ambrose both use MK

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Those results are TIGHT! Congrats to Fliphop!

I am for the Ban of MK. Even if there is a ban there will be a lot of people who host tournaments that allow him. If MK doesn't get banned then I won't sweat either.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shoutouts:

FlipHop: Too good. We need to play, I need to see how I can stack up to your Diddy. :)

Lee Martin: U are awesome, I wish I got to play you there but never got the chance. Maybe at the next HOBO you can attend? That or if a large group of Texas goes to Louisiana?

Roy R: U are too good, U read my last airdodge and killed my poor Wario. :( I was honored to play you again sir, maybe next set we play will be the tie breaker. :D

Everyone else: GG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom