• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - March 21st-22nd 2k9 - Montreal, Canada

zaf

Smash Lord
You can add my recording equipment to the list. Unless we wanna use it to live feed.
We should definately get a live feed for this, but idk if peeps would watch (I know they did at Cat4, but that's because it was huggge)
i will bring my laptop to the venue friday and see if i can get a wireless connection
or speak to the venue owner about this
a live feed would be awesome

in the mean time fiz,
ill add you down for some equipment
can i put you down for a wii?

wow, already? is the venue gonna be big enough for everyone?

someone should start advertising this to the americans... maybe put ally's name in the title or something =P

edit: dunno if it makes any difference for the confirmed list, but i might only be entering melee. well...i guess it depends...in brawl is everyone gonna camp me? cause i like the game, but it's not very fun when people are super careful like that. guess it depends what pools will look like. more pros probably means more fun playstyles.
the venue can hold 80-100 people.
I will confirm this friday.

also it doesnt matter which you attend, i just need to know how many people i am looking at here.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I will personally house USA players, I have spoken to a few.
And maybe some Ontario guys

Housing is to be determined here. Post and ask =P
Who from the U.S. showed interest?

Well yeah.

But it didn't tell me when my March break is.

Turns out that my March break does is during this tourney. I better start convincing.

The only realistic way of me making it is if I could convince my dad to go for hockey or something...if the Leafs play Montreal at any time around that date then I have a chance.

*checks NHL schedule*

NO FUCKING WAY.

:)
Just tell your parents you're going to a friends for the weekend then get a ride with someone. : /

SEEN!
Im on a montreal road trip from the 15th-20th and then reach this tourny after :)
my march break is gonna b too ****ing sick
Why are you and Percon both going on road trips to Montreal?

idea

Smash Master
i request housing with whoever houses other gta melee people. so raynex/europhoria/etc. that way i don't have to check the thread constantly! =D

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
I should be able to make this.
don't even ask for housing you know where your staying ;) is the whole crew coming?

ZAF I'm coming as i told you before, I'll hopefully bring 2 power bars, and my tv if I can get a lift or if the venue is close to my place and off course my wii. I will try to host a series of smashfests (like 3 or 4 in a row) the week before the tournament because I know this is gonna be HYPE

BRICK if your gonna be there we should definitely do commentary !!

GET HYPE MONTREAL !!!

zaf

Smash Lord
Who from the U.S. showed interest?

Just tell your parents you're going to a friends for the weekend then get a ride with someone. : /

Why are you and Percon both going on road trips to Montreal?
I do not want to say who i have spoken to.
I don't want to misrepresent them, or put words in their mouth.
Once everything is confirmed with them, i will have them post.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Lylat is a neutral stage now? What the...

Of course I'm in for Brawl.
I can bring 2 TVs if I get a lift.
If not, I'll bring a Wii and component cables in case they might be needed.

KingAce

Smash Ace
oh its a high school trip bernard a lot of schools are goin for a grad trip
montreal is the best place cuz legal drinking age / clubs is 18 and most of us are turning 18 this year :p
and its cheap other countries too expensive haha

nevershootme

Smash Master
Grrr. this tournament sounds like a perfect opportunity to come during my spring break... to get whooped by ally (btw, I'm talented at snake dittos, so if we ever play if i get to canada, I know it'll be epic... hopefully).

but... how much is the airfare nowadays to there. since im coming all the way from Miami, FL. keep in mind im money conscious and this place may not be the spot i'll go for an oos tournament

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Grrr. this tournament sounds like a perfect opportunity to come during my spring break... to get whooped by ally (btw, I'm talented at snake dittos, so if we ever play if i get to canada, I know it'll be epic... hopefully).

but... how much is the airfare nowadays to there. since im coming all the way from Miami, FL. keep in mind im money conscious and this place may not be the spot i'll go for an oos tournament
Well, that we can't tell you. Airfare prices can change every day, and the rule of thumb to follow is to get tickets as soon as you can. If you're lucky you can maybe find a deal that could quite possibly cut your costs quite a bit, or you could try flying to a destination followed by a bus/lift afterwards.

If you're looking for what airport to search for, the one in Montreal is Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport, located in Dorval.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Well, that we can't tell you. Airfare prices can change every day, and the rule of thumb to follow is to get tickets as soon as you can. If you're lucky you can maybe find a deal that could quite possibly cut your costs quite a bit, or you could try flying to a destination followed by a bus/lift afterwards.

If you're looking for what airport to search for, the one in Montreal is Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport, located in Dorval.
well i searched it up and it's at $300 currently. and if i go there, im gonna need housing or be a bum :(

zaf

Smash Lord
can anyone house me?
i am sure "C" Let can house you since he is already housing Ambrose's car. He wont mind another ontario guy as long as you have a sleeping bag.

If it comes to it, i will house you.

EDIT:

I decided i will put housing in the OP.
Ill put who can house and under them, who is staying with them.
This will clarify everything and save trouble.

Editing and adding everything tonight.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Nothing available for you, sorry.

Begone, peasant.
WHUT!
if you house me were gonna have fun..
both ways.. =D
jks lol
i am sure "C" Let can house you since he is already housing Ambrose's car. He wont mind another ontario guy as long as you have a sleeping bag.

EDIT:

aight
tyty.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Zaf, if you house too many USA players, how will you get them all to the venue if they don't fit in your car? Will you make multiple trips? I'm fine with housing some USA players as well seeing as how we can just walk from my place to a metro station, but I'd prefer not more than 4.

Also I don't have a wii, so unfortunately you can't count me in for that. It's my roomates, if you're feeling like we're short on wii's, I can ask him for it though.

zaf

Smash Lord
Zaf, if you house too many USA players, how will you get them all to the venue if they don't fit in your car? Will you make multiple trips? I'm fine with housing some USA players as well seeing as how we can just walk from my place to a metro station, but I'd prefer not more than 4.

Also I don't have a wii, so unfortunately you can't count me in for that. It's my roomates, if you're feeling like we're short on wii's, I can ask him for it though.
i will have my parents van, and my gf has is coming she has her car.

kr3wman

Smash Master

EDIT:

WHUT!
if you house me were gonna have fun..
both ways.. =D
jks lol

aight
tyty.

I dreamed once of going on the computer and reading those exact same posts.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I do not want to say who i have spoken to.
I don't want to misrepresent them, or put words in their mouth.
Once everything is confirmed with them, i will have them post.
m2k and azen amirite?

It would be pretty kick ass if they showed up...now Ally has homecourt advantage lol

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
good **** guys, sadly i lack a passport, and it takes about 6 months to get one, so i will not be here, but ill definatly spread the word

kr3wman

Smash Master
When you enter Canada, a CBSA officer may ask to see your passport and a valid visa, if one is necessary. If you are a citizen of the United States, you do not need a passport to enter Canada. However, you should carry proof of your citizenship, such as a birth certificate, certificate of citizenship or naturalization, as well as photo identification. If you are a permanent resident of the U.S, you should bring your Permanent Resident Card (i.e., green card) with you.
From Canada Customs.

No johns.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
good **** guys, sadly i lack a passport, and it takes about 6 months to get one, so i will not be here, but ill definatly spread the word
Show me a source that says it takes 6 months, because there is NO way it takes that long.

How to Get Your Passport in a Hurry

Expedited Service
Cost, in addition to regular application fees, is $60 per application plus overnight delivery costs.
Two-way overnight delivery is strongly suggested.
If you mail in - clearly mark Expedited on the envelope.
Anyone may request expedited service for any type of application (e.g., first-time applications, renewals, amendments of existing passports, etc.) See:
How do I change my name on my passport?
How to add extra visa pages to my passport?
How do I apply to renew my passport?
Passport applications sent together or at the same time do not necessarily remain together.
Your passport book and/or your passport card may be mailed separately from your returned citizenship evidence.

Note: An application for a passport book and a passport card may be expedited, but the $60 fee will only serve to expedite the book at this time. The pending production of your passport card, will not serve to delay the issuance and delivery of your passport book or the return of your citizenship evidence.

See http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/processing/processing_1740.html for current processing times.
2 days != 6 months.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_831.html

Top Bottom